• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuroden

in JANG's series 13 opening video, he says they are showing up "across the country" -- huh... well, where at then? Cause I haven't read any about any spottings... I heard TRU.com had some for sale though apparently?

I don't entirely follow... is it another SW related set you are referencing?

A new Death Star? :p

what? is the UCS Helicarrier going to be announced really late and then come out on the first? :p

Or maybe for February :0

Ravek

Banned
So today for the first time in probably five years, I built something out of LEGO! Compared to most of the MOCs I see, it's nothing special, but I'm pretty pleased with it given that it's been a long time and I don't have too many fancy pieces. I'm mostly really proud of the Porsche 911 style headlights I managed to come up with.

Anyways, here are a few pics:

I'm really, really looking forward to the Speed Champions sets next year. I'll definitely be picking up the LaFerrari and possibly the Porsche GT2 set (depending on how much it ends up costing). It's a shame the Porsche GT2 had to be the car that came bundled with extraneous stuff that I don't really want.
I'm mostly excited about the sets because I'll finally have a few pieces that will make car MOCs look a bit slicker. Like those windscreens and the wheels. Those will be great to have.

Anyways, it's great to be enjoying LEGO again!

Welcome back!

Ponn

Banned
What if... LEGO really wanted to make your wallets implode early in the new year? The Detective's Office and UCS Slave I would certainly sting, but TLG would need to send in a closer if they wanted to finish the job...

yoqeVo4.gif

Hella big grains of salt to carry this rumor...

UCS Sheev's Toilet

So today for the first time in probably five years, I built something out of LEGO! Compared to most of the MOCs I see, it's nothing special, but I'm pretty pleased with it given that it's been a long time and I don't have too many fancy pieces. I'm mostly really proud of the Porsche 911 style headlights I managed to come up with.

I'm really, really looking forward to the Speed Champions sets next year. I'll definitely be picking up the LaFerrari and possibly the Porsche GT2 set (depending on how much it ends up costing). It's a shame the Porsche GT2 had to be the car that came bundled with extraneous stuff that I don't really want.
I'm mostly excited about the sets because I'll finally have a few pieces that will make car MOCs look a bit slicker. Like those windscreens and the wheels. Those will be great to have.

Love it! It is so awesome seeing those wheels with studs too.

Classic wheels.

This turtle uses LEGO wheels as a "wheelchair"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyuEuS4JPtw

Article:
Tortoise Gets LEGO Wheelchair And Loves Every Second Of It

This is shadier than knockoff minifigs.

Elsa’s Sparkling Ice Castle (41062) is $39.99 MSRP here in the states and people are "selling" the set on Amazon for over $100 as an effin' pre-order!
Amazon had it for pre-order briefly before pulling it. The ones showing up now are pre-orders by third parties at absurd markups.

This is shadier than knockoff minifigs.

Elsa’s Sparkling Ice Castle (41062) is $39.99 MSRP here in the states and people are "selling" the set on Amazon for over $100 as an effin' pre-order!
Amazon had it for pre-order briefly before pulling it. The ones showing up now are pre-orders by third parties at absurd markups.

There's a bunch on Bricklink for way over standard price, but those might actually be real.

You might be surprised to learn what some of your minifigures are worth...

http://www.minifigpriceguide.com/Top100LegoMinifigures.html

what is your most valuable minifig?

hint: if you own mr. gold... even if you paid several hundred on ebay back when he first came out, you're pretty much taken care of.

I only have a few of those, with Smaug as the most valuable "figure". I'm pretty happy having sold Mr Gold for $650 :D

It's crazy how expensive some common figures get, and how almost every single SDCC exclusive tops the list.

Zerojul

hint: if you own mr. gold... even if you paid several hundred on ebay back when he first came out, you're pretty much taken care of.

Well my most expensive ones are Batman and Joker from the Tumbler, until I get my Smaug. Not expensive enough to consider selling them though... not yet.

Ravek

Banned
Need help!

Set 75025 Jedi Defender Class Cruiser,is on sale a S@H for $71.98, down from $89.99. I've been eyeing it for a while now. Is this a worthwhile deal that I should jump on tomorrow?

Fowler

Wow, my most valuable minifig is... Threepio, #85 on that list, which I got FREE from a friend who likes big Star Wars sets but hates minifigs.

ghostmind

Kwik-E-Mart for May ? Even mid-April for VIPs ?

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-the-simpsons-kwik-e-mart-will-be-available-in-april-2015/

Can't wait to see the first visuals, but if it's true 2015 is gonna be even more of a wallet-killer than I feared :/

Detective's Office - January 1st
UCS Slave I - January 1st
UCS Helicarrier - between January 15th and March 1st
Kwik-E-Mart - April 15th
UCS TIE Fighter - May 4th

And then there is the Ferris Wheel...

Add to this list all of the "regular" sets, not only those we have already seen, but also the Avengers AoU and Jurassic World sets.

My god.

ghostmind

Number 35 and 36 are the same "minifigure", just with swapped faces.

Mine is #34, Leia from the Tantive IV set. I had no idea she was worth that much.

Ponn

Banned

Wow, I got some on that list.

Deadpool
Catwoman (That may not be the one they are talking about though)
Smaug (after christmas, I already know one of my presents yayyyyy)
Plastic Man

That Professor Lupin with the werewolf head is hilarious. God I wish I got back into Lego during the Harry Potter era.

Unsurprisingly, I only have one of those. It's the Iron Man figure from Quinjet Aerial Battle. Ranked at 198, $19.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

No way! I barely have any licensed sets so I was scrolling through the list thinking about how unlikely it was that I'd have anything on it, but my Anakin and Obi-Wan with the light-up lightsabers from the lightsaber duel set are both worth over $30! If that's actually what they sell for (rather than what people attempt to sell them for), I'm totally going to sell those. I have no interest in minifigures at all.
If anyone here wants them, I'll give you a special GAF price and sell them both for $40 shipped. :p
Edit: Just checked and they're both in perfect condition and the lightsabers still light up, too. Aww yeah. Go me for taking care of my toys when I was younger.

Also, quick question: How long do the modular sets usually stay in stock for? I really, really want the Detective's Office modular, but I think I might be buying a house early next year and I want to make sure I've got my finances straight for that before I buy any $160 LEGO sets.

neonglow

I have a couple valuable ones mostly from this year's Comic-Con. I didn't realize Davy Jones was worth anything and Bilbo sure went up a lot.

Batman of Zur-En-Arrh
The Collector
Cutesykitty/Cheerykitty
Davy Jones
Bilbo Baggins - Blue Coat
Jango Fett

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I have a couple valuable ones mostly from this year's Comic-Con. I didn't realize Davy Jones was worth anything and Bilbo sure went up a lot.

Batman of Zur-En-Arrh
The Collector
Cutesykitty/Cheerykitty
Davy Jones
Bilbo Baggins - Blue Coat
Jango Fett

So jealous of Batman of Zur-En-Arrh.

ghostmind

I still want to pick up The Collector at some point, but I'm thinking he may show up again in a future MCU movie and get an official release.

Just finished the Exo Suit (lttp) and... yeah i pretty much echo what others have said: Flimsy, clumsy build and posability BUT it looks pretty good when done.

PS: Anyone figure out a way to put the pilot in a stable position? He just kinda stands there and wobbles around even with the "cage" "closed" around him.

Did anyone watch the review and want to squeeze the plates on the hideout roof together more? The new alligators are very nice and the eye print tops it off nicely. The mouth design is brilliant with those holes. Adds a lot more playability and possibilities.

Didnt the gator always have the mouth holes? I don't thing that's a new thing even though it's a new mold

neonglow

I picked up the Iceklaw Mech polybag. It's a pretty nice set and one of the better polybag sets. The feet is built just like the Mixels and the cockpit gave me flashbacks of the Exo-Suit. I wish they used a 2x2 plate instead of a tile for the seat though. The minifigure feels loose in it with the tile.

yRE7tLBl.jpg

ghostmind

There are roughly a half-dozen sets that have the new alligator in them. If you want to go the cheapest route, then the Swamp Police Starter Set would be ideal.

F39WTwG.jpg

It is also available in one of the new Pirates sets as well, which is probably how most of us will get it.

hn3Pvod.jpg

There are roughly a half-dozen sets that have the new alligator in them. If you want to go the cheapest route, then the Swamp Police Starter Set would be ideal.

F39WTwG.jpg

It is also available in one of the new Pirates sets as well, which is probably how most of us will get it.

hn3Pvod.jpg

meh not too keen on those, will there be one in the Brick Bounty or whatever the ship is called for the new Pirates line?

ghostmind

meh not too keen on those, will there be one in the Brick Bounty or whatever the ship is called for the new Pirates line?

Unfortunately no - though you do get a newly-revised sawtooth shark with the Brick Bounty.

It's either Swamp Police sets, that specific Pirates set, or Bricklink for now, though I'm thinking that Swamp Starter set may be the cheapest option, when you factor in shipping for Bricklink.

Unfortunately no - though you do get a newly-revised sawtooth shark with the Brick Bounty.

It's either Swamp Police sets, that specific Pirates set, or Bricklink for now, though I'm thinking that Swamp Starter set may be the cheapest option, when you factor in shipping for Bricklink.

not if you order some stuff off BrickLink anyway and just include one of dem sweet sweet crocs in there ;P

Totally random find today. My computer died the other day (hence why I have been on mobile more lately) after a few weeks of issues. I go to a local Apple repair store to drop the computer off and see they have a pile of older lego sets to sell.

Toy Story, Speed Racers or whatever that theme was, Monster Fighter, Hobbit, etc.
Most of the MF was marked msrp which shocked me. No Zombies though.
They had the Creator lighthouse from a few years ago marked at $100. That seemed insane.

Maybe it's not the best timing, but I just put in a few Bricklink orders. I completed a list of parts I needed and some of the rare ones were on sale. Probably won't make it before Christmas but at least I have something to do afterwards.

And one of the orders included a few Space baseplates! I always look around for them when I get stuff, and finally a seller had them! Can't wait to fix up my Neo CS display :D

Didnt the gator always have the mouth holes? I don't thing that's a new thing even though it's a new mold

You are correct. Shows you how much I play with my the old style alligators I bought off bricklink a year or two ago.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?q=alligator

F39WTwG.jpg

LEGO sure is making good use of that Jebediah beard mould. It's all the rage in minifigs lately.

mrkgoo

Great review - I really like the quality of the photography as well.

This set is going to be HUGE for LEGO, not only for all of the Frozen fans, but there are so many nice parts in this set (such as the unique sparkling trans-blue BURPs).

Just a tip - need to white balance against the white parts of the lego. It's painfully obvious with the way it's coming out yellow.

LaNaranja

Iron Patriot not being included in any of the Iron Man 3 sets was such bullshit. I have been thinking of buying one off ebay for a while now. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom