• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neonglow

No wonder... I never thought about it that way. As someone who lives in Cali, I'm used to us getting certain things early too once in a while -- stuff shipped over from asia. But east coast getting LEGO early makes sense since they come from europe I guess?

I think the LEGO distribution hub in the US is located in Mississippi. Just check the shipping label of all your LEGO Shop packages.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Update on the cleaning/sorting of way too many LEGO bricks: this is starting to get really overwhelming. The LEGO isn't fully dried and the sorting is going incredibly slowly. And I think there's still some soap left on the bricks.
It's supposed to rain for a few days this weekend, so I'm considering just leaving them outside to get all the soap off.
It's just so many bricks that it seems impossible to do anything.

LEGO GAF, which would you choose?

The Milano 76021
-or-
Ultra Agents Mission Headquarters 70165

My wife will only gift me one for Christmas.

I personally vote for the Milano, it's a fun build and it's bigger than it looks. The other is more of a playset which isn't bad but I mean one has Star-Lord and the other doesn't.

I personally vote for the Milano, it's a fun build and it's bigger than it looks. The other is more of a playset which isn't bad but I mean one has Star-Lord and the other doesn't.

Milano - so LEGO won't run out of black bricks for Ryuuroden to buy.

Seriously though - Milano, unless you really like GIANT semi-trucks.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards the Milano too and I already have the Rocket Racoon polybag.

And yeah, I do love semi-trucks. The set reminds me of Alien Conquest and Optimus Prime.

Nitemare1

All this talk of the Milano and then I finally saw GOTG this week. (Damn I wish I'd seen it in the theatre). I couldn't resist. Had to order it and Knowhere to get Rocket and Groot to complete the team.

Ravek

Banned
LEGO GAF, which would you choose?

The Milano 76021
-or-
Ultra Agents Mission Headquarters 70165

My wife will only gift me one for Christmas.

I have both, and they're equally amazing. Either choice would be a fine addition to your collection.

Seriously, flip a coin and you'll be happy regardless.

ghostmind

The 2014 Employee Gift set has been revealed:

hT96AOJ.jpg

The reason is that the set is titled "LEGO HUB - Birds", is that each bird represents one of LEGO's "hub" offices around the world (London, Shanghai, Singapore, Enfield CT and the headquarters in Billund).

I know a couple of LEGO-GAF'ers who are probably pretty happy to be receiving this gift.

ghostmind

S@H OOP Update - 12/11/14

31008 Thunder Wings
75002 AT-RT
75004 Z-95 Headhunter
75015 Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
79003 An Unexpected Gathering
79104 The Shellraiser Street Chase

One of my Top 5 sets of 2012 going OOP...

hT96AOJ.jpg

The reason is that the set is titled "LEGO HUB - Birds", is that each bird represents one of LEGO's "hub" offices around the world (London, Shanghai, Singapore, Enfield CT and the headquarters in Billund).

I know a couple of LEGO-GAF'ers who are probably pretty happy to be receiving this gift.

Those are so awesome. Very timely with the LEGO Ideas bird set coming out too.
Seems like those ball joints are going to be extremely common in the future. I'll avoid getting extra Mixels for ball joints and probably will Bricklink them if I have need for a bunch.

S@H OOP Update - 12/11/14

31008 Thunder Wings
75002 AT-RT
75004 Z-95 Headhunter
75015 Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
79003 An Unexpected Gathering
79104 The Shellraiser Street Chase

One of my Top 5 sets of 2012 going OOP...

Is anyone keeping tabs on all the top 2014 LEGO list by LEGOGAFfers? It would be nice to have them all listed for New Year in a single post. *HINT*
I ask because I have no idea which set Ghostmind is referring.

That's the one.

ATTN: CANADIANS

London Drugs has a bunch of sets for 50% off. You can also purchase items from their site for in-store pickup, so get 'em before they're gone!

http://www.londondrugs.com/

Wish they were in my neck of the woods.

We are about to get on a boat for a few days and I am planning to avoid the costly wifi they will have onboard. Looking forward to coming back on Tuesday to some delicious reveals...?

Kalamoj

hT96AOJ.jpg

Yep, I'm very happy. Too bad I won't open it.

And that's the Frozen set bought. They didn't have anything else from 2015, just a huge display packed with just this set. They obviously rushed it to dominate Christmas.

Impressions later, now I'm on my way to see Hobbit 3.

Quinjet under MSRP.

Shipping will probably be a bit high, but it's a still a good deal for something no longer available. Or you can wait to see what the new Quinjet will look like next year.

http://brickset.com/article/13390

"For our last promotion of the year we are going to with $62.99 for Marvel 6869 Quinjet Arial Battle. All the readers need to do is enter promo code: BRKSET6869 at the check out to get this price. There are total of 30 available and is limited to 5 per customer while supplies last. This promotion will end 11:59pm (US West Coast time) on Friday Dec. 19, 2014. Just like previous promotions Brickset readers will need to register an account in our store in order to use this code.

mrkgoo

Should I just pick up Infearno set? The agents minifig isn't that cool but everything else looks pretty awesome.

The flying wheels makes it look a bit like a blade runner spinner.

Rootbeer

Banned
When buying your research institute check the sales and deals section. Some star wars sets on sale! Also, Lego movie and 2014 chima

also the research institute listing on S@H says the following in red letters:

The Research Institute is available now online with limited quantities, so be sure to order as soon as possible. It is coming soon to LEGO® Brand retail locations and is expected to be available within two weeks.

So yeah, I think it is pretty clear at this point that LEGO caved to demand and is producing significantly more of this set than they originally intended.

i went ahead and ordered one this time around. To round out my order I got the Starhopper (discounted) and the flying flusher (also discounted) -- i was $0.95 above the free shipping threshold.

One Elsa's Sparkling Ice Castle built! I'll take pictures later. Overall, this is a pretty neat build. It's definitely a Friends/Princess set with all kinds of (useless) accessories, but that kind of comes with the territory. The castle is small but very pretty. Funnily enough it would fit right in with some of the Chima stuff like the ice fortress. If nothing else, that would provide tons of parts to extend this. And now I wish I had some Chima.

As for the minifigs, Olaf is kind of lame but I don't see how they could have made him differently except with a completely custom mold. The head is custom, the nose is an orange unicorn horn. Elsa and Anna are great, except for the standard Friends faces. They both have custom hairpieces and new cloaks that fit specifically on Friends minidolls. Unfortunately you'll need to cut larger holes to use them on minifigs.

I paid a bit more than I would have had to if I looked around, but it's really cool to see a set I really wanted this early. Doubtlessly Lego pushed this out to take advantage of the sales period. And I don't think kids will be displeased with it. Me, I like it. I think I'll even mod it to include on top of one of my modulars in my permanents display.

Rootbeer

Banned
TRU USA is having a 2 for $5 sale on all CMF series. Sale is only on today and tomorrow.

Heh, figures. For some past minifigure series, i've had trouble finding them consistently at TRU... but for this current series, they always have multiple boxes up at the customer service desk... personally, I think it's a pretty good series, certainly not a weak series, yet it doesn't seem to be selling as much.

I'm sure the pricing is a big part of it. People were willing to shell out the $1 extra for Simpsons, but now with normal figures I think it's hurting the sales.

Should I just pick up Infearno set? The agents minifig isn't that cool but everything else looks pretty awesome.

The flying wheels makes it look a bit like a blade runner spinner.

Please send the Infearno minifig to me for free. :) That is an awesome minifig.
I do know what you mean about the actual agent minifigs. They're OK, but not very reusable prints.

The vehicle looks great except for the stubby front end, It can be easily modded though. It wasn't such a fun build for me. Also, I'm not a fan of the front wheels in terms of functionality due to lack of traction.

Nice looking vehicle
Good parts in cool colors
Great Infearno minifig

I own it, but I would wait for a sale if you can hold out.

mrkgoo

Please send the Infearno minifig to me for free. :) That is an awesome minifig.
I do know what you mean about the actual agent minifigs. They're OK, but not very reusable prints.

The vehicle looks great except for the stubby front end, It can be easily modded though. It wasn't such a fun build for me. Also, I'm not a fan of the front wheels in terms of functionality due to lack of traction.

Nice looking vehicle
Good parts in cool colors
Great Infearno minifig

I own it, but I would wait for a sale if you can hold out.

Oh the infearno minifig looks awesome! I mean the agents one.

The front wheels don't have traction? You mean they don't turn?

Well, here in NZ Lego is pretty expensive. The most we can hope for is 20 % off, which gets them to slightly above US prices.

I mean the infearno set is NZ$50, about uS$40. In special it comes down to NZ $40, maybe US$32.

Oh the infearno minifig looks awesome! I mean the agents one.

The front wheels don't have traction? You mean they don't turn?

Well, here in NZ Lego is pretty expensive. The most we can hope for is 20 % off, which gets them to slightly above US prices.

I mean the infearno set is NZ$50, about uS$40. In special it comes down to NZ $40, maybe US$32.

Ah, I keep forgetting you are in NZ paying the NZ LEGO tax.

The front wheels are round bricks on the sides. They aren't rubber. That is the first Ultra Agents set I bought. I'm holding out for sales for the rest of them.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So today for the first time in probably five years, I built something out of LEGO! Compared to most of the MOCs I see, it's nothing special, but I'm pretty pleased with it given that it's been a long time and I don't have too many fancy pieces. I'm mostly really proud of the Porsche 911 style headlights I managed to come up with.

Anyways, here are a few pics:

I'm really, really looking forward to the Speed Champions sets next year. I'll definitely be picking up the LaFerrari and possibly the Porsche GT2 set (depending on how much it ends up costing). It's a shame the Porsche GT2 had to be the car that came bundled with extraneous stuff that I don't really want.
I'm mostly excited about the sets because I'll finally have a few pieces that will make car MOCs look a bit slicker. Like those windscreens and the wheels. Those will be great to have.

Anyways, it's great to be enjoying LEGO again!

mrkgoo

Ah, I keep forgetting you are in NZ paying the NZ LEGO tax.

The front wheels are round bricks on the sides. They aren't rubber. That is the first Ultra Agents set I bought. I'm holding out for sales for the rest of them.

The wheels still turn though, right?

I don't think I care much for the other sets. This one in particular looks cool.

Last set I bought was Aviation adventures last week.

mrkgoo

So today for the first time in probably five years, I built something out of LEGO! Compared to most of the MOCs I see, it's nothing special, but I'm pretty pleased with it given that it's been a long time and I don't have too many fancy pieces. I'm mostly really proud of the Porsche 911 style headlights I managed to come up with.

Anyways, here are a few pics:

I'm really, really looking forward to the Speed Champions sets next year. I'll definitely be picking up the LaFerrari and possibly the Porsche GT2 set (depending on how much it ends up costing). It's a shame the Porsche GT2 had to be the car that came bundled with extraneous stuff that I don't really want.
I'm mostly excited about the sets because I'll finally have a few pieces that will make car MOCs look a bit slicker. Like those windscreens and the wheels. Those will be great to have.

Anyways, it's great to be enjoying LEGO again!

That looks great!

ghostmind

What if... LEGO really wanted to make your wallets implode early in the new year? The Detective's Office and UCS Slave I would certainly sting, but TLG would need to send in a closer if they wanted to finish the job...

yoqeVo4.gif

Hella big grains of salt to carry this rumor...

One Elsa's Sparkling Ice Castle built! I'll take pictures later. Overall, this is a pretty neat build. It's definitely a Friends/Princess set with all kinds of (useless) accessories, but that kind of comes with the territory. The castle is small but very pretty. Funnily enough it would fit right in with some of the Chima stuff like the ice fortress. If nothing else, that would provide tons of parts to extend this. And now I wish I had some Chima.

As for the minifigs, Olaf is kind of lame but I don't see how they could have made him differently except with a completely custom mold. The head is custom, the nose is an orange unicorn horn. Elsa and Anna are great, except for the standard Friends faces. They both have custom hairpieces and new cloaks that fit specifically on Friends minidolls. Unfortunately you'll need to cut larger holes to use them on minifigs.

I paid a bit more than I would have had to if I looked around, but it's really cool to see a set I really wanted this early. Doubtlessly Lego pushed this out to take advantage of the sales period. And I don't think kids will be displeased with it. Me, I like it. I think I'll even mod it to include on top of one of my modulars in my permanents display.

Wait. Where is Elsa's castle out already?

Rootbeer

Banned
in JANG's series 13 opening video, he says they are showing up "across the country" -- huh... well, where at then? Cause I haven't read any about any spottings... I heard TRU.com had some for sale though apparently?

What if... LEGO really wanted to make your wallets implode early in the new year? The Detective's Office and UCS Slave I would certainly sting, but TLG would need to send in a closer if they wanted to finish the job...

yoqeVo4.gif

Hella big grains of salt to carry this rumor...

I don't entirely follow... is it another SW related set you are referencing?

A new Death Star? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom