• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruxtpin

Banned
With all the minifig talk, just a reminder that the upcoming Lego Batman movie is up for pre-order on Amazon for $20. This is the one that comes with Bizarro Batman (I think). Not sure if other places are letting it go for cheaper.

Ponn

Banned
What do you guys think about the X-Men vs. The Sentinel set? It seems pricey at only 336 pieces but the reviews all seem solid.

I'm not sure who here has it but I got mine from Brickfriday. If you want to wait a couple days I will get around to it and give you some hands on opinions. I just finished Santa's Workshop today and going to build the bonus two sets tomorrow.

Santa's Workshop is A-W-E-S-O-M-E. The reindeer, that sleigh, the toy microbuilds and conveyer belt thingie and the house with all those special touches. One hell of a fun set and looks so great on display.

ghostmind

S@H OOP Update - 12/13/14

60022 Cargo Terminal
70404 King's Castle

There appear to be a bunch of smaller sets on the precipice.

What theme will be OOP first - Castle or Galaxy Squad?

Need help!

Set 75025 Jedi Defender Class Cruiser,is on sale a S@H for $71.98, down from $89.99. I've been eyeing it for a while now. Is this a worthwhile deal that I should jump on tomorrow?

It's a "Hard to Find" set so that is a good deal adding the double VIP point on top of the sale. TRU is the only retail place that seems to carry it so I think it will be hard to find a better deal. I only want the minifigs for that set. It's a great looking ship though.

Just watched the lego movie and never played with legos before.

Awesome movie, i want everything now!

Awesome. Welcome.
You have come to the right place. We will gladly assist you with the bottomless pit of creativity and fun that is LEGO. It's also a bottomless money pit too.

Galaxy Squad sadly. Goodnight, sweet prince. You were a wonderful series.

At least it got to see 2 waves unlike Alien Conquest. It would have been OK if I did not know they already had the 2nd wave partially or fully designed already for Alien Conquest.

Ignore that I use Yahoo. I found this amusing. Granted, I easily amuse myself.

QRdZshA.png

wetwired

I'm currently trawling bricklink to mock up my ikea star wars frames in photoshop, one for each OT film. I'm having a hard time finding enough figs to cover The Empire Strikes Back. ROTJ and ANH I've got enough for but ESB is somewhat lacking. Does anyone know of any websites that filter the minifigs by film appearance?

I've got a bucketload for ROTJ and need to cut back. The biggest question is, do I include Jabba or not as I can fit a ton more in without him, but he's a key character...

I'm currently trawling bricklink to mock up my ikea star wars frames in photoshop, one for each OT film. I'm having a hard time finding enough figs to cover The Empire Strikes Back. ROTJ and ANH I've got enough for but ESB is somewhat lacking. Does anyone know of any websites that filter the minifigs by film appearance?

I've got a bucketload for ROTJ and need to cut back. The biggest question is, do I include Jabba or not as I can fit a ton more in without him, but he's a key character...
Will Jabba fit in the frame at all? I don't have the fig, but is it too deep to comfortably fit?

ghostmind

With the exception of Hoth, ESB has been under-represented in LEGO for a long time.

Where are the Ugnaughts, Lando, Cloud Car pilots, Bespin Luke, Bespin Leia, Chewbacca with C3PO on his back, Yoda's hut, Mynocks, 4-LOM and Zuckuss?

We got Lobot a couple years ago, Boba Fett and a Cloud City Guard in the imminent UCS Slave I, Dengar, IG-88 and Bossk in the UCS SSD, and a shitload of Hoth sets and characters to choose from (Dack, General Rieekan, K-3PO, Hoth Leia, Hoth Han, Hoth Luke, Wampa, Tauntaun, General Veers, AT-AT Pilot, Snowtroopers, Hoth Rebel Soldiers, Probe Droid, 2-1B Medical Droid).

wetwired

With the exception of Hoth, ESB has been under-represented in LEGO for a long time.

Where are the Ugnauts, Lando, Cloud Car pilots, Bespin Luke, Bespin Leia, Chewbacca with C3PO on his back, Yoda's hut, Mynocks, 4-LOM and Zuckuss?

We got Lobot a couple years ago, Boba Fett and a Cloud City Guard in the imminent UCS Slave I, Dengar, IG-88 and Bossk in the UCS SSD, and a shitload of Hoth sets and characters to choose from (Dack, General Reekan, K-3PO, Hoth Leia, Hoth Han, Hoth Luke, Wampa, Taun-taun, General Veers, AT-AT Pilot, Snowtroopers, Hoth Rebel Soldiers, Probe Droid, 2-1B Medical Droid).

Yeah bespin luke and a huge leia is an oversight, there was a lando but it's a few years old and not cheap, I'll likely buy it and a newer ROTJ one and put the newer one's head on the old lando.

ghostmind

The best way to rectify all of this is an UCS Cloud City.

Heck, next year is the 35th anniversary of ESB. Give us more sets!

I'm holding out hope for this summer's sets. I feel it's our last chance for a long time, as LEGO will be trying to keep up with the 6 upcoming movies, and Rebels, for a long while.

Fowler

The lack of Lando is the biggest one for me. I have Desert Skiff Lando, but that's it.

Meanwhile I have eleven Luke Skywalkers. ELEVEN.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'd love an updated Cloud City or RotJ (non Jabba's Palace) Lando. Such a crime that LEGO shorts is so substantially on minifigs of him.

Heavy Canon (Clone Wars) on sale for $30. Looks like they are clearing it out. Get your Ahsoka while you can.

http://www.target.com/p/lego-star-wars-mobile-heavy-cannon-75013-tgt/-/A-14358636#

Spoilers:
There is some evidence that she may turn up in Rebels but this could be your last chance to get her Clone Wars version.

OH! The Target Exclusive LEGO Movie set is also on sale... man, I only just picked this up like a month ago. I got it on discount, but not this cheap:

http://www.target.com/p/lego-movie-creative-ambush-70812/-/A-14922510#

Ok here's my first pass mockup of my potential Star Wars Ribba frame...Am I missing anyone? anyone not worthy to make the cut?

I found it hard as I wanted to get IG-88 in there and the lizard bounty hunter but I couldn't find a way to make them fit, I was trying to make each row have a bit of a theme which I've managed to on some rows but not on others.

yeah... you're missin the frame bro ;)

The lack of Lando is the biggest one for me. I have Desert Skiff Lando, but that's it.

Meanwhile I have eleven Luke Skywalkers. ELEVEN.

That is my problem as well, i'd REALLY like to get my hands on a decent Lando, Skiff one just doesn't cut it :( missing that ... Lando flair if you get me

Also: I must have just as many Luke's and probably even MORE damn Batmen!!

The lack of black minifigures in general is pretty crazy. I have 3 total (Nick Fury, Storm, and bootleg Sinestro - the upcoming lego one is pink -). There have been right around 220ish collectible minifgures and there hasn't been a single black one. If it weren't for licensed characters we wouldn't have any at all. I would like to diversify my lego city a bit!

neonglow

I'd love an updated Cloud City or RotJ (non Jabba's Palace) Lando. Such a crime that LEGO shorts is so substantially on minifigs of him.

Heavy Canon (Clone Wars) on sale for $30. Looks like they are clearing it out. Get your Ahsoka while you can.

http://www.target.com/p/lego-star-wars-mobile-heavy-cannon-75013-tgt/-/A-14358636#

Spoilers:
There is some evidence that she may turn up in Rebels but this could be your last chance to get her Clone Wars version.

OH! The Target Exclusive LEGO Movie set is also on sale... man, I only just picked this up like a month ago. I got it on discount, but not this cheap:

Picked up 2 copies of the LEGO Movie set. Didn't think this set would ever go on sale.

Ponn

Banned
So I have a chance to get the Dol Guldur set for $41. I'm thinking of doing it for Azog and Radagast and the pieces. I'm also thinking of jumping on the TRU sale when I get paid and getting Barrel Escape on clearance and Attack of the Wargs before it disappears for the wargs and to try and complete my Hobbit dwarves. Good idea or should I just save my money for the Birds Idea set and coming DC sets?

Ryuuroden

The lack of black minifigures in general is pretty crazy. I have 3 total (Nick Fury, Storm, and bootleg Sinestro - the upcoming lego one is pink -). There have been right around 220ish collectible minifgures and there hasn't been a single black one. If it weren't for licensed characters we wouldn't have any at all. I would like to diversify my lego city a bit!

Well to be fair, the CMF series doesn't do flesh tone but does classic color so there is no such thing as race when it comes to those.

EDIT: guess I'll buy the Rancor pit since he already sells for 20 dollars.

Sinestro isn't black though ;P

I agree with your point though, i'd welcome some black ones in general... also throw some asians in there for diversity, although to be fair, i bet Lego avoids more pitfalls of political correctness by leaving things as it is than by making minifigs of a certain racial background look a certain way and then catching flak for it or whatever...

Spoilers:

%&$%&@# I spent more money because of that sale. I bought the stupid Creative Ambush during LEGO Black Friday sale. I could try to return it to the retail store...I'll probably end up keeping it and try to sell the minifigs and parts (a lot of the LEGO Movie sets are great packs parts).

You don't have the Ghostbusters set? For shame.
Ryuuroden already mentioned it. Technically can't count the non-licensed minifigs.
See what happens when LEGO brings different skin tones to the minifigs. People no longer seem them as one "people".
The lack of asian colored minifigs is even worse. :)

So I have a chance to get the Dol Guldur set for $41. I'm thinking of doing it for Azog and Radagast and the pieces. I'm also thinking of jumping on the TRU sale when I get paid and getting Barrel Escape on clearance and Attack of the Wargs before it disappears for the wargs and to try and complete my Hobbit dwarves. Good idea or should I just save my money for the Birds Idea set and coming DC sets?

Get it! That's the only set I really need from that wave. I'm hoping to find it for 30% off, but I'm starting to panic and will grab it for 20% off. I think that set will jump up a lot once it's no longer available for the Radagast and Azog (only set that has that minor variant).

wetwired

yeah... you're missin the frame bro ;)

Derp, that's what I get for posting just before bed... here it is with the text again

StarWars.jpg

Ok here's my first pass mockup of my potential Star Wars Ribba frame...Am I missing anyone? anyone not worthy to make the cut?

I found it hard as I wanted to get IG-88 in there and the lizard bounty hunter but I couldn't find a way to make them fit, I was trying to make each row have a bit of a theme which I've managed to on some rows but not on others.

Did you try to arrange them in the order they appeared in the movies? That might look interesting. I wonder if anyone would be able to catch the order if you did that.

wetwired

Did you try to arrange them in the order they appeared in the movies? That might look interesting. I wonder if anyone would be able to catch the order if you did that.

I could do that, it'd take some time to watch the movies in order though :)

My only concern is that a lot of the characters first appear in ANH so it'd be very top heavy.

My other concern with my current layout is it's very stormtrooper heavy, should I drop some of the more obscure variants like the imperial gunner and AT-AT driver in favour of some of the crazy aliens like the dancing chick from ROTJ or the band members from the cantina? go for flavour and variety instead?

ghostmind

I could do that, it'd take some time to watch the movies in order though :)

My only concern is that a lot of the characters first appear in ANH so it'd be very top heavy.

My other concern with my current layout is it's very stormtrooper heavy, should I drop some of the more obscure variants like the imperial gunner and AT-AT driver in favour of some of the crazy aliens like the dancing chick from ROTJ or the band members from the cantina? go for flavour and variety instead?

Maybe move a couple troopers up to the Imperial row at the middle, and then reorganize a bit to have a Jabba's palace level (with Boba Fett and Carbonite Han) and a cantina level (with Greedo, Bith band member, Ithorian, etc).

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
How long do the modular building sets usually stay in stock for? I really, really want the Detective's Office modular, but I think I might be buying a house early next year and I want to make sure I've got my finances straight for that before I buy any $160 LEGO sets.

Gonna give this question another shot to be answered. :p

And while I'm asking questions, are the Speed Champions sets supposed to come out in January? Or just sometime in 2015?

kitzkozan

Trying to think of a set I want to buy with double VIP but the ideas, not coming to me!

I jumped on the opportunity to purchase the Delorean time machine set with a 20% discount at the Lego store in my city. It's in the process of being discontinued from what I can see.

I don't have anywhere near the amount of VIP points as the regular in this thread, but 700 points is better than nothing when I remember that I didn't have one single brick of LEGO at the end of august. :p I'll be happy if I can amass 2000 VIP points by the end of 2015.

ghostmind

Gonna give this question another shot to be answered. :p

And while I'm asking questions, are the Speed Champions sets supposed to come out in January? Or just sometime in 2015?

Detective's Office will be around for 2 years at least, probably even longer.

Speed Champions is a March release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom