• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

1ZwW1oH.jpg

1R1Zu8v.jpg

ZrtaId8.jpg

vkMIqX5.jpg

qDrFYHa.jpg

Whch5r2.jpg

mLzxWzY.jpg

76029 Iron Man vs. Ultron - 14.99 EUR - 90 Pieces
- Includes Iron Man MK 43, Ultron Officer, and 2 Ultron Soldier

76030 Duel with Hydra - 24.99 EUR - 220 Pieces
- Includes Hydra Henchman, Hawkeye, Thor

76031 Hulkbuster Rescue Mission - 34.99 EUR - 248 Pieces
- Includes Hulk, Ultron Prime, Scarlet Witch, and Iron Man MK 43

76032 The Avengers Quinjet Chase - 84.99 EUR - 722 Pieces
- Includes Captain America, Vision, Black Widow, Ultimate Ultron, and Iron Man MK 43

76038 Attack on Avengers Tower - 74.99 EUR - 511 Pieces
- Includes Iron Man MK 43, Thor, 2 Iron Legion Drones, Ultron

76041 Burglary in the Hydra Fortress - 59.99 EUR - ? Pieces
- Includes Quicksilver, Hydra Henchman, Baron Von Strucker, Hulk, and Captain America

Dang!!! They look good.

Liking the Quinjet color scheme and it looks a bit sleeker.

Is that Hulk olive green? Only other difference I see is the spikey hair.

First impression of Hulkbuster is disappointment. I will wait until I can see a better photo. If Hulkbuster was a big fig, that set wouldn't have anything to build. :)
Also, the Iron Man minifig wouldn't be able to fit in a big fig. Set comes with the minifig so Iron Man is in Hulkbuster.

Hmmm...I'm stuck with the comic version of Vision so that minifig Vision seems off. Maybe after the movie I'll appreciate it more.

New motorcycle for cap! Love the new sportbike look we've seen in city set previews.

Dang. Super Hero Theme will be my downfall in 2015.

EDIT: Can't make out if Black Widow's hair is a new mould.

Ponn

Banned
First impression of Hulkbuster is disappointment. I will wait until I can see a better photo. If Hulkbuster was a big fig, that set wouldn't have anything to build. :)
Also, the Iron Man minifig wouldn't be able to fit in a big fig. Set comes with the minifig so Iron Man is in Hulkbuster.

Hulkbuster isn't bad, i'm happy its a build and not a big fig. I got that knock-off Iron Man Hero Factory set to try and build that Cuusoo Hulkbuster but now I think I will wait for this set and maybe just make some modifications to it with the Hero Factory parts like the chest piece and the arms and hands.

I also like that rounded flatter headpiece on the Hulkbuster. I'm hoping thats a printed piece.

Yeah, im glad Hulkbuster is an actual build. Never liked those big figures. Always felt cheap and tacky just making a gigantic mold like that.

The sets aren't doing anything for me, so my pledge to not get any superhero sets might still ring true.

I'll probably change my mind when I see the movie.

Ponn

Banned
I'm thinking Avengers Tower is one of those sets going to want to buy two of. They probably are planning for it with those "legion" Iron Man suits, probably a scene in the movie with a bunch of them so you will want multiples. If you want to make a bigger tower you will need the windows anyways.

LaNaranja

HOLY SHIT I NEED THEM ALL!!!!

Also it is a damn shame Rhodey has once again gotten the shaft. I think I am going to pick up the Extremis Sea Port and the individual Iron Patriot figures as it seems clear Lego isn't going to be making more War Machines any time soon. The trailer where he tries to pick up the hammer shows him rocking a new armor too. :(

Edit: What does "super jumper" mean?

1ZwW1oH.jpg

1R1Zu8v.jpg

ZrtaId8.jpg

vkMIqX5.jpg

qDrFYHa.jpg

Whch5r2.jpg

mLzxWzY.jpg

76029 Iron Man vs. Ultron - 14.99 EUR - 90 Pieces
- Includes Iron Man MK 43, Ultron Officer, and 2 Ultron Soldier

76030 Duel with Hydra - 24.99 EUR - 220 Pieces
- Includes Hydra Henchman, Hawkeye, Thor

76031 Hulkbuster Rescue Mission - 34.99 EUR - 248 Pieces
- Includes Hulk, Ultron Prime, Scarlet Witch, and Iron Man MK 43

76032 The Avengers Quinjet Chase - 84.99 EUR - 722 Pieces
- Includes Captain America, Vision, Black Widow, Ultimate Ultron, and Iron Man MK 43

76038 Attack on Avengers Tower - 74.99 EUR - 511 Pieces
- Includes Iron Man MK 43, Thor, 2 Iron Legion Drones, Ultron

76041 Burglary in the Hydra Fortress - 59.99 EUR - ? Pieces
- Includes Quicksilver, Hydra Henchman, Baron Von Strucker, Hulk, and Captain America
I...don't know what to feel. Right now I am feeling a bit cold to the sets, and I don't like it.
However, I was also very cold to the Quinjet upon first reveal, and I worship at its altar now. So we shall see.

Either way, I am getting some of the sets just for minifigs. I NEED Ultron figures.

ThisOne

I just finished building the Ecto-1. It's my first decently sized Lego set in quite some time. Fun build and it looks great, but what is up with those side windows? They don't seem fit or connect very well.

Hulkbuster isn't bad, i'm happy its a build and not a big fig. I got that knock-off Iron Man Hero Factory set to try and build that Cuusoo Hulkbuster but now I think I will wait for this set and maybe just make some modifications to it with the Hero Factory parts like the chest piece and the arms and hands.

I also like that rounded flatter headpiece on the Hulkbuster. I'm hoping thats a printed piece.

I'm warming up to it slowly. If it's as fun as the Lex Luthor Power Armor I'm sure I'll be sold.

I'm 99% sure that round piece will be printed because stickers don't work well on spherical shapes. They did it for 8678: Ultimate Build Francesco which I think is the same piece.

http://brickset.com/sets/8678-1/Ultimate-Build-Francesco

HOLY SHIT I NEED THEM ALL!!!!

Also it is a damn shame Rhodey has once again gotten the shaft. I think I am going to pick up the Extremis Sea Port and the individual Iron Patriot figures as it seems clear Lego isn't going to be making more War Machines any time soon. The trailer where he tries to pick up the hammer shows him rocking a new armor too. :(

Edit: What does "super jumper" mean?

Some new play feature. I'm guessing it's a catapult brick. It's only cool if they have to put one of those "do not shoot at someone's eyes" in the instructions.

I...don't know what to feel. Right now I am feeling a bit cold to the sets, and I don't like it.
However, I was also very cold to the Quinjet upon first reveal, and I worship at its altar now. So we shall see.

Either way, I am getting some of the sets just for minifigs. I NEED Ultron figures.

You need to get the new Quinjet to compare. :)
I can't tell if the Ultron heads are cool or not. Will just have to wait.
Didn't realize it, but there is a Hydra minifig in one of those sets. I wonder if it's generic or has some type of uniform.

cassidyarch

Neo Member
Could the Ultron headgear be two pieces? In the Quintet set, in particular, it looks like a neck piece (like the hillbilly beard) + a helmet.

ghostmind

I am hyped for the Hulkbuster set, the new QuinJet, and Avengers Tower.

I am also hyped about this new level of commitment for the Marvel-LEGO license. Compared to the last 3 years, we are getting a huge increase.

Avengers (2012)
6865 Captain America's Avenging Cycle (72 pcs; 3 minifigs)
6867 Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape (181 pcs; 3 minifigs)
6868 Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout (389 pcs; 4 minifigs)
6869 Quinjet Battle (735 pcs; 5 minifigs)

Iron Man 3 (2013)
76006 Extremis Sea Port Battle (195 pcs; 3 minifigs)
76007 Malibu Mansion Attack (364 pcs; 5 minifigs)
76008 Iron Man vs The Mandarin (91 pcs; 2 minifigs)

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
76019 Starblaster Showdown (196 pcs; 3 minifigs)
76020 Knowhere Escape Mission (433 pcs; 3 minifigs)
76021 The Milano Spaceship Rescue (665 pcs; 5 minifigs)

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
76029 Iron Man vs Ultron (90 pcs; 4 minifigs)
76030 Duel with Hydra (220 pcs; 3 minifigs)
76031 Hulkbuster Rescue Mission (248 pcs; 4 minifigs)
76032 Quinjet Chase (722 pcs; 5 minifigs)
76038 Attack on Avengers Tower (511 pcs; 5 minifigs)
76041 Burglary in the Hydra Fortress (??? pcs; 5 minifigs)
76042 UCS Helicarrier (???? pcs; ? minifigs)

Now, I realize that there were other Marvel sets that came out in 2012, 2013 and 2014, but I've also heard rumblings that we will see additional Marvel sets later in 2015 as well.

Fowler

Hrm... the Hulkbuster is kinda weird.

On the one hand, I appreciate it being brick-built so you have something to do and so Iron Man fits inside it.

On the other, surely this means the Hulkbuster is way bigger than the Hulk?

As for DC... Hawkman looks ridiculous. That line under his helmet looks like a creepy smile.

ghostmind

On the one hand, I appreciate it being brick-built so you have something to do and so Iron Man fits inside it.

As for DC... Hawkman looks ridiculous. That line under his helmet looks like a creepy smile.

Hawkman is watching you sleep.

IiLzY6v.jpg

wetwired

God dammit, now I need to buy the hulk again.

Hulkbuster is disappointing, but at least we can always make our own now with that head piece

Rootbeer

Banned
I already have two bigfig hulks and now I guess I'll have two more :/

At least he looks more like Ruffalo Hulk this time...
Yes, those two have the new soft capes, similar to the Hun Warrior in CMF 12.
I love the material but it's starting to look silly... especially on MM. I'll have to get used to it.

I already have two bigfig hulks and now I guess I'll have two more :/

At least he looks more like Ruffalo Hulk this time...

I love the material but it's starting to look silly... especially on MM. I'll have to get used to it.

It's the thickness. Maybe it won't be as noticeable not seeing it up close like that. Close-up photos tend to highlight details we tend to overlook with the naked eye from a distance.

The helmet is quite awesome, but yeah that chin strap doesn't look right. I'd like to see how standard mouth looks with that helmet. Perhaps opening doesn't go high enough and it looks worse with just a mouth.

CrimsonN0

For some reason I've thought the Captain America minifigs have looked kinda off(not just these new ones).
Looking through these images of all the Avengers minifigs, I think its because he(and now Vision) are like the only ones without a helmet or hair.

Hmm, can anyone think of a good head accessory that would work on Captain America?

LaNaranja

For some reason I've thought the Captain America minifigs have looked kinda off(not just these new ones).
Looking through these images of all the Avengers minifigs, I think its because he(and now Vision) are like the only ones without a helmet or hair.

Hmm, can anyone think of a good head accessory that would work on Captain America?

A no helmet version that just had his face and some hair would have been pretty cool for at least one of the sets.

Zerojul

Good find on the AOU sets ! I love the new QuinJet color scheme so it will probably be day one, not so sure about the others. Kinda like the tower, too. But I'll probably gonna get them all eventually, if only for the figures :)
On the DC side, I need GA and Cyborg.

CrimsonN0

A no helmet version that just had his face and some hair would have been pretty cool for at least one of the sets.
Yeah, that'd be nice. If only they made a couple Winter Soldier sets.
I was actually thinking of something like an army helmet, though(a quick search for that just shows the Green Army Man Toy Story minifig and customs).
Looking around at customs, looks like someone made WW2 Cap, though.

Must haves for me : Hulkbuster set, the new Quinjet (i was one of the few here that was NOT that fond of old Quinjet as far as displayability goes while i liked the actual build) which looks a lot sleeker than old Qjet.

That Supergirl fig looks great imo!

Also: favorite builds so far in the SW Advent Calendar: Tie Fighter, Landspeeder, Snowspeeder!!

Zerojul

Must haves for me : Hulkbuster set, the new Quinjet (i was one of the few here that was NOT that fond of old Quinjet as far as displayability goes while i liked the actual build) which looks a lot sleeker than old Qjet.

That Supergirl fig looks great imo!

Also: favorite builds so far in the SW Advent Calendar: Tie Fighter, Landspeeder, Snowspeeder!!

Gosh when was the Snowspeeder ? Is it today's build ? (Agreed and the TIE and the Landspeeder, they're vey cute).

Over in the DCU:

Javelin is bigger than I expected - with room for 4 minifigs.

Sweet! Just got home from from a quick "no internet" vacation and you did indeed bring the heat with reveals!

Loving all of the DC/Marvel figs...kind of iffy on a few of the sets. Trying to keep up with all of the characters is going to get more and more daunting in the face of Slave 1 & the new modular.

ghostmind

The wings are made of a very thin bendable plastic, like the wings on the Star Wars Geonosian Warrior. They attach to the figure via a trans-clear two-stud mount on the back of the minifig.

b5C5uLd.jpg

ZT5YgbM.jpg

There are actually two sets of wings included - one "open" and one "closed".

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I think today I might buy my first LEGO set in many, many years. I've got lots of bricks, but I'm just itching to build a set. Plus I want some of the newer pieces.

Over in the DCU:

Javelin is bigger than I expected - with room for 4 minifigs.

That Darkseid figure looks so good. And the Javelin is a lot cooler than I thought it would be. Maybe I'll end up getting that set after all...

Rootbeer

Banned
okay well fuck you then target.

they cancelled my Star Wars Mobile Heavy Cannon order even though I placed it hours before it sold out. :(

If anyone gets theirs to ship please let us know. Grrr.

Thankfully it was a low priority set for me (else i'd already own it by now :p)

More money for 2015 sets I guess!

Kyari

I'm still loving the dc sets more, but the marvel sets are not terrible. I dig the avengers tower and hulk buster, but not a fan of the new hulk.

I assume we will get a new wave of spider-man stuff too. Hopefully with some different costumes :(

Wtb Spider-Gwen figure. Bootleggers get on this please.

I know I ask this from time to time but on a side note has anyone had any experienced with custom figure printing places? I have some OC stuff I would like to get made but yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom