• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetwired

S@H OOP Update - 12/17/14

6862 Superman vs Power Armor Lex
10233 Horizon Express
31009 Small Cottage
75025 Jedi Defender-class Cruiser
76007 Iron Man: Malibu Mansion Attack
79013 Lake-town Chase

Some big additions to the list tonight.

Is that effective immediately? I was hoping to pick up the horizon express one day

I'm not really feeling the sets from the Lego 2015 catalogue. Hopefully this will give me a chance to focus on some sets I haven't been able to grab in recent years.

10233 Horizon Express
31009 Small Cottage
79013 Lake-town Chase

Malibu set finally getting the axe? Maybe I should pick it up while it's still around the stores.

10233 Horizon Express
31009 Small Cottage
79013 Lake-town Chase

Dang. I really wanted those Jedi Defender-class Cruiser minifigs. More than $36 for all 3 minifigs and probably have to get from different sellers. For only $40 more I could have had an entire Jedi Defender-class Cruiser too. Oh well.

- -- ----

Here's my first entry to The Brothers Brick Chibi Micro Contest. I have another one in mind, but more of a joke entry.

15853873490_0fbe13b49d_b.jpg

(Cyrus) Borg cube by Bent Bricks, on Flickr

Rootbeer

Banned
There will be a January wave, and then a handful of sets in May to finish up the theme.

The cartoon is also wrapping up, and has already aired its final episode in some regions.

I wonder what LEGO plans to replace it with... are they just doubling down on Ninjago or do they have a new show in the works?

I wish Chima had been a bigger hit. I blame the show... it wasn't done very well, it tried to appeal to VERY young kids and didn't try to create a compelling plotline or good characters.

Designs were/are cool though.

leng jai

Parisian Restaurant is the best set this year and probably the best modular also. Just a delightful set all round. I like the Palace Cinema a lot also, but main for its exterior design.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm probably going to put my modulars up for sale - any idea what kind of hit the prices take for opened, built sets? Have Pet Shop, Grand Emporium and Fire Brigade.

And I have one Cafe Corner that I built from buying parts from bricklink - so I have all the pieces but no box/instructions - can I technically sell that on bricklink as 'cafe corner'?

Ponn

Banned
Malibu set finally getting the axe? Maybe I should pick it up while it's still around the stores.

I liked it. Fun build, you get some neat white and lime green bricks, Pepper and Mandarin though he looks more like Ras Al Ghul to me. If you can find it discounted I suggest getting a couple so you can MOC an Armory though.

My $40 Dol Guldur set is on its way With that I think I will get the add on Ambush set and eventually Battle of Five Armies for Bard, Dain and Thorin and i'm done with LoTR and Hobbit. Was going to get Attack of the Wargs somewhere but screw it I will just bricklink a White Warg for Azog.

I'm almost relieved LoTR/Hobbit is done with all the Superhero sets coming out.

Norfair

So how soon does Amazon get the modulars in? My biking this year managed to get me $225 dollars in gift certificates from our insurance's wellness program and I was thinking about getting the detective agency. (I did briefly have the ghost in my cart but I hesitated and it sold out)

I'm probably going to get Slave1 and the Ideas Birds on the 1st from the Lego store but I could probably stand to space out the Lego a bit.

10233 Horizon Express
31009 Small Cottage
79013 Lake-town Chase

Damn. Horizon Express didn't even reach two years.

And goodnight, Power Armor Lex. You were strong in life. Your spirit will find its way to the hall of its fathers.

It is done, I now have 2x Horizon Express. Not sure if I'll open both though.

Well, the set is designed to combine two of them into one super train. And if all else fails, you then have a lot of orange bricks for MOCs.

Anyone else not really like how Lego puts the '©Lego' text on top of all the studs? I know theyve been doing it forever but it just makes the studs look really tacky in my opinion when there's literally text everywhere. I wish they put the text on the bottom side instead.

Anyone else not really like how Lego puts the '©Lego' text on top of all the studs? I know theyve been doing it forever but it just makes the studs look really tacky in my opinion when there's literally text everywhere. I wish they put the text on the bottom side instead.

They do have it on the underside usually. But I like the text on the studs. You know it is an official product then.

Ryuuroden

10233 Horizon Express
31009 Small Cottage
79013 Lake-town Chase

wtf lake-town chase nooooooooo

I havent ordered that one yet.

They do have it on the underside usually. But I like the text on the studs. You know it is an official product then.

Yeah its usually not apparent on most sets since the text isn't on top on most parts, just studs, but when there's a set with a lot of visible studs it just kind of makes me a little OCD and I can't stop looking at the text instead of the actual model haha.

mrkgoo

While I think it is ultimately kind of tacky, it's kind of a trademark for the product now. I'm so used to it that if its not there, it'll kind of look like a cheap knock-off.

mrkgoo

Yeah its usually not apparent on most sets since the text isn't on top on most parts, just studs, but when there's a set with a lot of visible studs it just kind of makes me a little OCD and I can't stop looking at the text instead of the actual model haha.

Speaking of OCD, do you guys always build a certain stud direction for the text, like always have them facing the same or a particular way?

I do but only for some more obvious pieces. :/

Speaking of OCD, do you guys always build a certain stud direction for the text, like always have them facing the same or a particular way?

Mama always said OCD was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

I'm OCD in different ways. Your OCD is crazy. ;)

Nope!

But I get really uncomfortable if my figs get built before the rest of the set. Yes, I know I am alone here.

mrkgoo

Mama always said OCD was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

I'm OCD in different ways. Your OCD is crazy. ;)
Lol I'm not that bad. I don't care which way about 95% of any build goes.... But if there's a central plate on the tip or front I tend to orient it so the text is upright. Like if I notice.

I will also orient the little technic connectors so the slots on the end match the instruction book.

It's not a big deal, I don't HAVE to do it most of the time, but I probably do have some mild form of clinical OCD.

Ah I already have a bunch of gifts for my brother but $20 for that set is really tempting. Someone talking me out of it!

Your brother has a birthday too right? Do you like any of the gifts you already have for your brother? That is a great deal. I already have it, but I'm almost tempted to get another one at that price. I hope I was able to talk you out of it. I did my best.

We don't have them here either, and they've had some amazing sales on new sets since Black Friday.

They had Benny's Spaceship for $63. They currently have Mixels at $2.

OMG at $2 Mixels!!! I would buy stacks of them. They are great parts packs and imagine all the creations you could make! That is an amazing price!

IHaveIce

Banned
Just got my polybags that were around during the Avengers time

Hawkeye, Iron Man and Thor and also the minifig sized Hulk.

Next year I will be poor because of all the Lego heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom