• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more impressed with the fact that both Marvel and DC have the same amount of love placed in them this year than before. When should the DC sets be out by?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I'm more impressed with the fact that both Marvel and DC have the same amount of love placed in them this year than before. When should the DC sets be out by?

Someone on Reddit already spotted the Gorilla Grodd goes Bananas set at a Target in Fresno, CA.

rataven

Called my local LEGO store today, and they just received their final shipment of the Research Institute. If anyone's interested, check with yours, as this is probably the last chance to get it!

Rootbeer

Banned
my research institute shipped the other day. I was happy.

This is how I felt.

indiana-jones-hat.gif

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I went to Wal-Mart specifically to buy a LEGO set. I did not buy a LEGO set.
I'm the worst.

Just spent over $200 on star wars minifigs, eep

Congrats and my sympathies simultaneously.

I'm so glad I'm close to wrapping up getting OT Star Wars sets. I'm at the point where I can't keep buying sets to get the minifigs and may have to pay the high prices of highly desired minifigs (i.e. Tuskan raiders). I understand your pain.

Sadly, I kinda want some of the Rebels minifigs. I'm also pretty sure I'll want some of the new Star Wars movie minifigs too.

LaNaranja

also: Just bought a couple blue baseplates, didn't i read here somewhere that Lego stopped making them or something?

What? I have been meaning to buy some for a while now, I figured I would go to the LEGO store later this week and just pick some up no problem. Are they in short supply now?

I saw the Red Creatures set at TRU today and picked it up. I also saw a Lone Ranger Colby City Showdown set on "clearance" for $50. I am tempted to go pick it up because it looks pretty snazzy and there aren't any other western themed LEGO out at the moment or in the near future as far as I know.

What? I have been meaning to buy some for a while now, I figured I would go to the LEGO store later this week and just pick some up no problem. Are they in short supply now?

I saw the Red Creatures set at TRU today and picked it up. I also saw a Lone Ranger Colby City Showdown set on "clearance" for $50. I am tempted to go pick it up because it looks pretty snazzy and there aren't any other western themed LEGO out at the moment or in the near future as far as I know.

Sorry, you will be hard pressed to find them at LEGO stores. A couple days after I heard they were stopping that color for baseplates, some guy bought well over 20 blue baseplates when I went to buy 2.

I just checked Amazon and they have none. 3rd parties are already trying to sell them for $15+. TRU has none listed online. You may get lucky at your LEGO store or a local TRU, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I hate to top Ghostmind's breaking news posts with all the awesome 2015 Super Hero sets from yesterday, but it's not often someone can.

LEGO better watch out!

I present to you the innovative and original "My Life as..." theme by Mega Bloks.

It's a bit interesting because of the Barbie theme Mega Bloks has. Granted, Barbie minidolls are more different. These new minidolls are much more of a ripoff of the LEGO minidolls.

I'm a sucker for LEGO compatible minifigs so I may grab some of these minion ones Mega Bloks has. I need some of the Spongebob ones too for contrast to the LEGO Spongebob minifigs. Problem with MegaBlok Spongebob sets are they don't have any "regular" minifigs. I think there is one Patrick one that is "plain" and a Sally one coming out soon.

Sorry to outdo your breaking news Super Hero posts from yesterday Ghostmind.

ghostmind

I'll say it: those Minions are awesome. I was thinking this weekend that LEGO could do a lot with that license. Didn't realize it'd been taken already.

There was a rumor that LEGO got the Minions license - obviously that was wrong.

I saw a few of the new Minion sets at TRU today. Showed them to my son, and he responded with a "meh". I thought they looked cool.

BEE-DO! BEE-DO! BEE-DO! BEE-DO!

Ryuuroden

I hate to top Ghostmind's breaking news posts with all the awesome 2015 Super Hero sets from yesterday, but it's not often someone can.

LEGO better watch out!

I present to you the innovative and original "My Life as..." theme by Mega Bloks.

It's a bit interesting because of the Barbie theme Mega Bloks has. Granted, Barbie minidolls are more different. These new minidolls are much more of a ripoff of the LEGO minidolls.

I'm a sucker for LEGO compatible minifigs so I may grab some of these minion ones Mega Bloks has. I need some of the Spongebob ones too for contrast to the LEGO Spongebob minifigs. Problem with MegaBlok Spongebob sets are they don't have any "regular" minifigs. I think there is one Patrick one that is "plain" and a Sally one coming out soon.

Sorry to outdo your breaking news Super Hero posts from yesterday Ghostmind.

WTF, that is soooo blatant.

There was a rumor that LEGO got the Minions license - obviously that was wrong.

I saw a few of the new Minion sets at TRU today. Showed them to my son, and he responded with a "meh". I thought they looked cool.

BEE-DO! BEE-DO! BEE-DO! BEE-DO!

I thought they looked decent too. Some of the Mega Blok licensed "minifigs" look good because they always make custom moulds for them. Quality is always lacking though when you take a good look. The other thing is Mega Bloks is all over the place with their "minifigs". They have so many different styles which does work in their advantage at times such as the Halo minifigs. It does little for their brand though as something distinct.

Kre-o on the other hand would benefit by ditching the ugly minifigs for non-robot/transformer minifigs. Keep them for the transformers because they look OK.

BTW, I hope you realize I was joking about one upping you.

ghostmind

Welp shit, there are way too many cool looking sets coming next year. :(

And that's just the first half of the year. Well start to get an idea of the second half at the London Toy Fair in about a month from now, and then things get blown wide open at the Nuremberg show a week after that, and then the New York show a week or so later.

Things to expect:

Jurassic World
Avengers: AoU formal reveal
Ant-Man
More Super Hero sets?
Scooby Doo?
Star Wars 2H, and maybe even a Force Awakens teaser
CITY, Creator, Ninjago, Friends, Elves, Mixels, Technic, etc 2H sets
Simpsons Series 2 CMF
Series 14 CMF
Whatever is replacing Chima

ghostmind

I thought they looked decent too. Some of the Mega Blok licensed "minifigs" look good because they always make custom moulds for them. Quality is always lacking though when you take a good look. The other thing is Mega Bloks is all over the place with their "minifigs". They have so many different styles which does work in their advantage at times such as the Halo minifigs. It does little for their brand though as something distinct.

Kre-o on the other hand would benefit by ditching the ugly minifigs for non-robot/transformer minifigs. Keep them for the transformers because they look OK.

BTW, I hope you realize I was joking about one upping you.

Yep, no worries mate. One thing I love about LEGO-GAF is learning something I didn't know before.

Speaking of MegaBloks - I like what they have been doing for "weathering" and other patterning in the bricks, but the MOC community might lose it if LEGO did something like that, since the colouring is unpredictable.

Ryuuroden

Yep, no worries mate. One thing I love about LEGO-GAF is learning something I didn't know before.

Speaking of MegaBloks - I like what they have been doing for "weathering" and other patterning in the bricks, but the MOC community might lose it if LEGO did something like that, since the colouring is unpredictable.

MegaBloks solution to shitty QC, "lets make weathered bricks and that will be a perfect excuse to cover up shitty coloring!"

wetwired

What did you get?

[New] Jabba The Hutt - Tan Face
[Used] Salacious B. Crumb
[New] Admiral Ackbar
[New] Admiral Piett
[New] Bib Fortun
[New] Bith Musician
[New] Boushh
[New] Gamorrean Guard
[New] General Veers
[New] Grand Moff Tarkin
[New] Greedo (with Belt)
[New] Han Solo, Dark Blue Legs, Vest with Pocket
[New] Han Solo, Reddish Brown Legs without Holster Pattern
[New] IG-88
[New] Lobot
[New] Oola
[New] Princess Leia - Slave Outfit
[New] Imperial Gunner
[New] Luke Skywalker (Tatooine, White Legs, Detailed Face Print)
[New] Obi Wan Kenobi
[New] R2-D2 Silver Head

Plus non-star wars

[New] Batman, Light Bluish Gray Suit with Dark Blue Mask (this one alone was $40 but I've been chasing it for ages
[New] Superboy

I already have a few to get me started on the frame

R2D2 Grey Head
C3PO
2x Stormtroopers
2x Sandtroopers
2x Scout Troopers
2x Imperial Guards
2x Imperial Gunners
Han in carbonite
ANH Leia
Yoda
Boba Fett
Han (brown legs)

Congrats and my sympathies simultaneously.

I'm so glad I'm close to wrapping up getting OT Star Wars sets. I'm at the point where I can't keep buying sets to get the minifigs and may have to pay the high prices of highly desired minifigs (i.e. Tuskan raiders). I understand your pain.

Sadly, I kinda want some of the Rebels minifigs. I'm also pretty sure I'll want some of the new Star Wars movie minifigs too.

There's a new tuskan raider in the 2015 catalogue

Whoa wait Chima is ending next year?

Guess it's gonna go out with a bang from the look of the sets coming out. Dat Phoenix.

(Unless that's not the final wave?)

This is a unique build of the land speeder with what seems to be almost entirely SNOT.
I still don't understand why people restrict the sharing options on Flickr. It's extremely easy to get or share the image if someone wanted. Restricting sharing just makes it harder to give credit to the photographer/builder. It's more work for me as I always try to give the person credit by linking back to the original page.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/_tiler/15805710567/

This is a unique build of the land speeder with what seems to be almost entirely SNOT.
I still don't understand why people restrict the sharing options. It's extremely easy to get the image if someone wanted. Restricting sharing just makes it harder to give credit to the photographer/builder.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/_tiler/15805710567/

wow, lots of unique little snot wonders in there.
How are the chrome bumpers held in place? the regular 45slope wont be helping much.

wow, lots of unique little snot wonders in there.
How are the chrome bumpers held in place? the regular 45slope wont be helping much.

Blue tack, magic, illegal connections...I'm sure it's not a legal connection.

LOL, responses to my post were in various stages of my editing of post. I tend to edit once or twice after I notice some errors or something else I wanted to add.

LOL, responses to my post were in various stages of my editing of post. I tend to edit once or twice after I notice some errors or something else I wanted to add.

Yea it definitely isn't legal, but I cannot even see how it's done illegally.
Only with LEGO that is.
[edit]
Mind you, it's probably just a 1 wide 45 slope, so all manner of bricks could be below that.

Oh, there is a lot of illegal connection stuff going on there, but it is still cool. Like how the engines have some bunched up rubber bands in the middle, then the stems from small antennae pieces wedged in for grill plates to slide on.

As for the chrome parts at the front, I thought at first he had something threaded through the curved 1x2x2 window piece, but then what is holding the other 2 chrome pieces? Besides tack or magic, it must be something from the underside of the speeder. I wonder how the underside looks since it is raised up some.

ghostmind

S@H OOP Update - 12/17/14

6862 Superman vs Power Armor Lex
10233 Horizon Express
31009 Small Cottage
75025 Jedi Defender-class Cruiser
76007 Iron Man: Malibu Mansion Attack
79013 Lake-town Chase

Some big additions to the list tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom