• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

Ah I already have a bunch of gifts for my brother but $20 for that set is really tempting. Someone talking me out of it!

6gRDjOp.gif

jBUXIbc.gif

Nitemare1

Speaking of OCD, do you guys always build a certain stud direction for the text, like always have them facing the same or a particular way?

I do but only for some more obvious pieces. :/

I hate to admit it but I always do this. Even round studs have to have the text all lined up. I not sure I'd say it's OCD but I just have a very keen attention to detail. Really slows down bigger stuff like the modulars and UCS builds though.

Ryuuroden

yeeeeeees, finished the final floor of Orthanc main with the exception of a couple parts I am waiting on that I can plug in later. I was able to stack the observation deck on top of it (which I still have to finish the top of, and I am at 7 feet now !!! Pictures soon, maybe this weekend.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Are the legs on those big minifigures like Darkseid posable? Will I be able to make him sit on a hypothetical MOC couch?

hiro_x

I'm about to buy the Malibu Mansion and it suddenly goes up by $10 while its in my cart! oh well.. guess its not for me.

Ryuuroden

They really should of gone with that other bigfig design prototype that was once posted in here. It had so many more options and versatility.

Rootbeer

Banned
yeah it's pretty clear they altered the big figs as a cost-saving measure, sigh. that concept would have been nicer for sure. the static poses the big figs are stuck in is kind of a drag.

I'd love to see several of those minifigs and he obviously has gotten many of them made already. Above all I'd love the alternate legs for all kinds of beasts and mecha. And the centaur would be great, but unless the next Castle series is heavily fantasy themed I don't see it happening.

I have it around here somewhere... ah yes:

While I am at it, some more concept art from Alexandre Boudon - see if you can spot all the influences in the CMFs and other series!

Evil genie is inevitable (because that's one rehash variant I want). I'd love for an angel and a devil, but I think LEGO will stay away from that due to religious aspects. They could get away with a "demon" that closely resembles a devil though.

I think it was the interview by White Fang of one of the guys in charge of CMFs where it was stated they have tons of ideas also coming from their hundred plus designers, graphic designers, etc.

Just possible costumed mascots alone can fill up an entire series.

Until an official LEGO angel ever happens this is my solution.

I'd love to see several of those minifigs and he obviously has gotten many of them made already. Above all I'd love the alternate legs for all kinds of beasts and mecha. And the centaur would be great, but unless the next Castle series is heavily fantasy themed I don't see it happening.

I think it will happen eventually. Maybe just later than sooner.

There's also tons of general figure improvements that could be huge:

Holster (we already have the tail piece)
Long sleeves (would add character but probably too specific, although we already have the specific robot arm, not to mention EXTREMELY limited bird wing arm)
Cuffs (these are probably impossible - too small pieces - although certainly a good idea for customs)
Clip-on ponytail (with all the Friends hair with accessory holes in them, a few different hair extensions could be super useful)

hunchback

yeeeeeees, finished the final floor of Orthanc main with the exception of a couple parts I am waiting on that I can plug in later. I was able to stack the observation deck on top of it (which I still have to finish the top of, and I am at 7 feet now !!! Pictures soon, maybe this weekend.

I really want to see this. From your previous posts it sounds amazing.
My goodies arrived today. I'm storing the Haunted house until next year. I'll start on the Emporium tomorrow if my pain levels allow it. Can't wait to see the pictures.

What was the general opinion on the The Bat vs Bane set?

Got it one sale recently and built it yesterday, and I'm impressed with the chibi Tumbler, so few pieces and cuuuuute.

The Bat, not so much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom