• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of these days, I will get around to building a Spaceman Spiff MOC. I keep seeing all these MOC's and I want to build something darn it.

hmmblah

Hmmblah your pictures make me feel Insignificant next to the power of The Skyscraper...

lol yeah, I'd hate to be the guy that has to move all that around.

I really like this farm!

I keep hoping with every half-year reveal, that LEGO is going to get back into the Farm subtheme.

You and me both. At first glance the farm wasn't impressive (compared to the skyscrapers), but I did like some of the things they did. They used spiderman's webs as pesticide coming from the plane that is crop dusting. The combine harvesting the crops was a neat idea too.

I did see the Lego combine at a thrift store a couple years ago. It was really tempting, but was marked up to like $75. I think the MSRP was somewhere around $35. Still wish I would have snagged it though.

I want to stomp through that city like Godzilla.

With titanium shoes for protection.

LOL. That was my first thought as well. I wonder how sturdy the buildings were.

ghostmind

The three S@H/LEGO store promos for January:

FtF5BBS.jpg

lkP1LlR.jpg

bdQsmZv.jpg

Ponn

Banned
The three S@H/LEGO store promos for January:

Oh I need that mini-walker and flower cart. Are all three available Jan 1st? Min purchase or specific purchase?

Edit: NM, found calendar. Friends and Star Wars are with specific purchase and Flower Cart is over $75 purchase.

Ryuuroden

lol yeah, I'd hate to be the guy that has to move all that around.

You and me both. At first glance the farm wasn't impressive (compared to the skyscrapers), but I did like some of the things they did. They used spiderman's webs as pesticide coming from the plane that is crop dusting. The combine harvesting the crops was a neat idea too.

I did see the Lego combine at a thrift store a couple years ago. It was really tempting, but was marked up to like $75. I think the MSRP was somewhere around $35. Still wish I would have snagged it though.

LOL. That was my first thought as well. I wonder how sturdy the buildings were.

If the skyscrapers are anything like the ones my lug does they will be hollow inside with Lego plate cross bracing at intervals. Oftentimes the inside of buildings are ugly as sin.

So a German Lego catalog is out and it seems Pirates is releasing in April and Elves in March. Oh well, it spreads out the joy I guess. I'm getting the skull cove, the pirate ship, the elf tree and the elf boat.

On January 1st though, I'm getting Detective's Office, Jasmine's set, and the two smaller Movie sets. The pain in my wallet! In fact, I might even split up the order to get multiple extra polys... if nothing else I can grab a few CMFs to fill it up.

iuuk

Just finished building the Architecture Eiffel Tower en Trevi Fountain and I have to say that the Eiffel tower is one of the most interesting LEGO builds I've had so far. Very clever set, and really good looking to boot.

I'm ready for 2015.

Ponn

Banned
Ha, guess i didnt read the description on that $40 Dol Guldur set from AWD well. Got a box from UPS and was like this is to small to be the set. Opened it and it was the bags, instructions and sticker sheet loose no box. Everything is ther though and in great condition so for $40 im keeping it. Box would just be broke down in my closet anyways.

My god, how dare they make a toy that represents totally normal parts of nature! Think of the children!

Sex is totally natural. O_O
Just saying there are people that complain about almost anything.

Wait till they get a load of the next Mixel tribe. The Flatulators.

Just don't let them encounter any fire based tribes. Whoo boy!

Haha. Good one guys. I also see what you did there with "load".

Where did you find this sorcery?!

You should know the powers of the force. Waving hand... "These are the sets I'm looking for."

mrkgoo

ghostmind

For $15 this will be one of the first sets I get in 2015.

I believe this is the first LEGO set ever that includes an eat and poop play feature. Maybe a few parents will complain and it will become a collectors item. LOL

http://thebrickblogger.com/2014/12/the-lego-parrot-that-eats-and-poops/

This is a great first set to start the new year off with - it was my first set for 2015 as well.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=139766281&postcount=1723

NgAT5QU.jpg

I must have been one of the first to get it, because the pooping feature had not been mentioned anywhere at the time. It certainly surprised me, but I wasn't offended.

ghostmind

I saw the final Hobbit movie this morning, and it pains me to see how little of the movie that LEGO actually captured in brick form. I wish the theme had been much more popular at retail, but it was not to be. Perhaps LEGO will revisit Middle-Earth again someday.

My TRU running low on LEGO sets saved me from buying the Smaug set on impulse after the movie, however. Need to stay strong and wait for a sale!

This is a great first set to start the new year off with - it was my first set for 2015 as well.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=139766281&postcount=1723

NgAT5QU.jpg

I must have been one of the first to get it, because the pooping feature had not been mentioned anywhere at the time. It certainly surprised me, but I wasn't offended.

I saw your post so I knew about the pooping. The instruction booklet implies that you feed the bird and it falls down to the poop chute area for the bird to poop. That part I was not aware. I think it's great! Does the opening by the mouth do indeed lead to the tail section?

I saw the final Hobbit movie this morning, and it pains me to see how little of the movie that LEGO actually captured in brick form. I wish the theme had been much more popular at retail, but it was not to be. Perhaps LEGO will revisit Middle-Earth again someday.

My TRU running low on LEGO sets saved me from buying the Smaug set on impulse after the movie, however. Need to stay strong and wait for a sale!

Demand for LEGO is high this year. Also, maybe retailers feel the economy here in the US is doing better so they didn't go overboard with the huge discounts we saw last year.
I'm hoping this leads to a decent after X-Mas clearance somehow. Shelves aren't bare like last year around this time.

ghostmind

I saw your post so I knew about the pooping. The instruction booklet implies that you feed the bird and it falls down to the poop chute area for the bird to poop. That part I was not aware. I think it's great! Does the opening by the mouth do indeed lead to the tail section?

Yeah, the head itself is sealed, but there is a hinge at the back of the neck, which opens it up to put the circle tiles in, which then drop down to the rear end of the bird, where it is held until you lift the bird's tail feathers. The main body is somewhat hollow, but not fragile.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
First Rainforest Animals, then the City Refuse Vehicle. Is 2015 going to be Year of the Brick?

Yes, that kind of brick. I'm sorry.

Lego needs to stop with the brick-built sports equipment, it looks like garbage. First the winter hockey set (when they already have moulded hockey sticks!!) and now that embarrassing golf club. Shameful!

Rootbeer

Banned
So exciting... just days away from being able to order a ton of new sets off S@H >.<

Lego needs to stop with the brick-built sports equipment, it looks like garbage. First the winter hockey set (when they already have moulded hockey sticks!!) and now that embarrassing golf club. Shameful!

As someone who needs to build a custom Casey Jones, I'd love more sets to include the hockey stick. It baffles me as well.

ghostmind

S@H OOP Update - 12/19/14

7346 Seaside House
21002 Empire State Building
21005 Fallingwater
31006 Highway Speedster
41004 Rehearsal Stage
60008 Museum Break-in
60017 Flatbed Truck
60059 Logging Truck
60061 Airport Fire Truck
70705 Bug Obliterator
76001 The Bat vs Bane: Tumbler Chase
79005 The Wizard Battle
79007 Battle at the Black Gate

S@H OOP Update - 12/19/14

7346 Seaside House
21002 Empire State Building
21005 Fallingwater
31006 Highway Speedster
41004 Rehearsal Stage
60008 Museum Break-in
60017 Flatbed Truck
60059 Logging Truck
60061 Airport Fire Truck
70705 Bug Obliterator
76001 The Bat vs Bane: Tumbler Chase
79005 The Wizard Battle
79007 Battle at the Black Gate

Fallingwater is going to take a big spike in the aftermarket I think.

Did they ever retire sets as quickly in the past or is this a recent thing?

I think it is due to how many sets they have "in production" these days. At least in the last few years I don't think they have ever had so many sets across so many lines.

I could be wrong but I am regularly surprised at the volume of releases these days.

Nitemare1

Was supposed to go to a Christmas party tonight but it got postponed. Going to stay home, have a few beer, put on Guardians Of the Galaxy, and build the Milano instead. I'd say Christmas just came early! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom