• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summer Minecraft set rumors:

21119 The Dungeon
21120 The Snow Hideout
21121 The Desert Outpost
21122 The Nether Fortress

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it.

I knew there HAD to be a second wave coming because there was no Nether set in Wave 1. They made a Micro World Nether set, there was no way they'd be able to get off without a MiniFig Scale Nether set.

Since it's the Fortress I expect Steve, Zombie Pigman, and either a Blaze or a Ghast. Ghasts are iconic Nether baddies but Blazes actually live within the Fortresses so who knows. Gotta have at least one Wither Skeleton too, with two additional heads to build a Wither. Which would mean black/dark brown skeleton minifigs. Sweeet.

Didn't expect them to make a Snow set, though. Snow Gollum maybe? Or a Wolf/Dog? Honestly can't think of anything to make this one stand out other than a bunch of white jumpers and tiles.

I was actually thinking about needing to MOC together the portal that takes you to The End, but it looks like Lego has that covered with The Dungeon. Hoping for some nice printed Eye of Ender pieces. Probably some Silverfish too.

Hopefully the Desert Outpost will have a Villager figure in it. And hopefully they make the Villager heads able to have a hat to MOC a Witch together if they don't make an official one.

I wonder if there will be a third wave? One of my coworkers anticipates Lego Minecraft becoming like an "evergreen theme" ala City or Star Wars, and them releasing new sets every 6-8 months or so. There's definitely a LOT they can still do with it. That Castle/Fort set they showed off that disappeared, a Swamp set with a Witch's Hut, a Jungle Temple with an Ocelot/Cat and Watermelon brick, etc.

FINALLY! After living in a hotel for three weeks in September, and then two and a half months living out of boxes in a smaller apartment, the place we signed for to move into by mid September is finally complete. I have spent most of the afternoon and tonight unpacking, and it feels damn good. And damn good to finally unpack all my LEGO collective so I can get back to MOCing in a week or two.

And damn do I have so many sets to reassemble to put back on display.

The best part? I have an a dedicated LEGO room now. Well, it is an office, but it is predominantly LEGO. Happy day! It is a christmas miracle!

Thanks! I had been thinking about getting it as a gift. The ship is a lot bigger than the box and piece count lets on. The Sentinel in particular also looks great. Anyway I ended up getting one of the Lone Rangers sets that was on clearance instead. I will definitely check out the X-Men set if/when it goes on sale.

One good thing about the Lone Ranger bombing is it made for some really nice sets being clearanced.

9402972382_9f18d1050e_o.jpg

I'm guessing the bullets aren't silver anymore.

Ryuuroden

FINALLY! After living in a hotel for three weeks in September, and then two and a half months living out of boxes in a smaller apartment, the place we signed for to move into by mid September is finally complete. I have spent most of the afternoon and tonight unpacking, and it feels damn good. And damn good to finally unpack all my LEGO collective so I can get back to MOCing in a week or two.

The best part? I have an a dedicated LEGO room now. Well, it is an office, but it is predominantly LEGO. Happy day! It is a christmas miracle!

Yay, Build a minifig scale Black Tower of Sauron that will rise from Mordor...I mean Kentucky to face my tower in Rohan....I mean Ohio

We can empty bricklink of all black bricks together!

Yay, Build a minifig scale Black Tower of Sauron that will rise from Mordor...I mean Kentucky to face my tower in Rohan....I mean Ohio

We can empty bricklink of all black bricks together!

I don't have enough black bricks to do that. You bought them all.

But, I have knocked a few ideas around in my head for what MOC to make after so many months. I am thinking a theater again, but this time MUCH grander. Like 4 of the 48x48 baseplates for it. If not that deep, then at least 96 studs wide. I want something gargantuan.

Granted, it won't be anywhere near as impressive as your ceiling touching Orthanc.

ghostmind

This will be a day long remembered.

Congrats Phon! Just in time for the January 1st LEGOpalypse.

Zerojul

Congrats ! I'm so jealous of that LEGO room, please take pics when you're set :)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So I've been wanting Model Team since I was a kid. I never got the chance.

I know the set is discontinued, but surely there are current sets that give the feel where you construct a vehicle/structure?

Ironmask

Hi everybody, it was a long time since my last post but not without lego shopping.
In this three months i decided to focus on super heroes and hobbit sets, this because TLG is producing so many awesome sets that i need to finish one kind of collection or else i'll grab whatever set is on sale and put it on the shame closet of never built sets.
Around 600€ later i'm on par with the current SH production and prepared my wallet for the next year massacre

yeah... damn SH sets, im really behind the times as well :( still got a LOT of Marvel sets and a couple DC sets to grab.

That said, i think i'm gonna go and build the alternate build of the Lego movie Ice Cream attack plane now or something (the actual Ice Cream Truck which i think looks awesome!)

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
One good thing about the Lone Ranger bombing is it made for some really nice sets being clearanced.

I really want to pick up the Silver Mine Shooutout set. There are some for really cheap on Bricklink too...

Woo! Congratulations!

Ugh...I try not to support knockoffs, but if I could get several Series 1 Zombies and Robots I may consider these.

Lego MiniFigure Series 01 Bozhi Review

I'm not finding these in any of my normal bootleg sites. Care to help a brother out?

Also, decool military/swat figs have come down to a really decent price on Aliexpress. They're a tad over $1 each, but they come with all their gear. Anyone who has looked at buying modern weapons/gear for their minifigs knows this is a great deal. The weapons alone would cost twice this amount. I'm thinking about ordering 10 of these so i can have 10 of each type.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/8pcs...lice-City-Officer-Riot-Shield/2042773297.html

ruxtpin

Banned
I cannot decide if I want to buy another Jabba Sail Barge. I love the Tatooine related sets, but I know I'm gonna spend a bunch of money in January. Decisions...

I cannot decide if I want to buy another Jabba Sail Barge. I love the Tatooine related sets, but I know I'm gonna spend a bunch of money in January. Decisions...

Another Sail Barge?

It was a bit of a tough call when I bought just one, and I waited until it was $50 off even then. Why do you want another? More Rebo?

Silver Mine Shootout, bro. Best set of the series and one of the best sets of last year.

Congrats on the move, Phon. I second the vote for Silver Mine Shootout. Awesome set. I am still just waiting for the train to go on sale but it is still MSRP at our local shops....

ruxtpin

Banned
Another Sail Barge?

It was a bit of a tough call when I bought just one, and I waited until it was $50 off even then. Why do you want another? More Rebo?

The Tatooine and Hoth sets hit my nostalgia hard. The sets and figures remind me of the Star Wars card game I played when I was younger. Plus all the brown and gray pieces might be useful for the type of MOCs I'd like to do.

Ponn

Banned
Thanks! I had been thinking about getting it as a gift. The ship is a lot bigger than the box and piece count lets on. The Sentinel in particular also looks great. Anyway I ended up getting one of the Lone Rangers sets that was on clearance instead. I will definitely check out the X-Men set if/when it goes on sale.

Oh yea it was you wasn't it. Yea the ship is bigger than the piece count and box looks but again I can't stress enough its because of the bigger single pieces like the wings and long side pieces. I also don't get why they put the smaller top and bottom wings on joints to move and then the build doesn't really allow them to move that much. I still like it though as a display piece. I really like the Sentinel except for his head. I really wish they would make his head move and i don't think it would take much to make it possible. I might fix that at a later date.

Still no suggestions for someone wanting a Model Team-esque set?

I'm not familiar with that theme and probably not qualified but maybe look into the new Speed Champions line coming out soon?

Congrats Phon! You know what to do now with your room. Build a guest bed out of Lego and a TV as well with the Where is my Pants? guy on it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm not familiar with that theme and probably not qualified but maybe look into the new Speed Champions line coming out soon?

Model Team was an old set that mainly used System bricks to create vehicles or structures without minifigures. Think of model kit stuff except with legos. They're generally bigger in scale to compared to a typical System set.

Ponn

Banned
Model Team was an old set that mainly used System bricks to create vehicles or structures without minifigures. Think of model kit stuff except with legos. They're generally bigger in scale to compared to a typical System set.

Technic is really the closest to that right now. Some of those sets are more frame-like but there are some bigger sets that match closer to what i'm seeing in that Model Team line.

some links

Crane

Hot Rod

Service Truck

ghostmind

Another Sail Barge?

Congrats on the move, Phon. I second the vote for Silver Mine Shootout. Awesome set. I am still just waiting for the train to go on sale but it is still MSRP at our local shops....

I third the vote for Silver Mine Shootout. It's the hidden gem of the Lone Ranger theme.

The Tatooine and Hoth sets hit my nostalgia hard. The sets and figures remind me of the Star Wars card game I played when I was younger. Plus all the brown and gray pieces might be useful for the type of MOCs I'd like to do.

Star Wars CCG!

I still don't know how to play it entirely to be honest... Lord of the Rings TCG, now that's a game I've sunk time and money into :D

I wish Lego's vs games (Spinjitsu characters, Chima speedorz) had more deep TCG elements... Most of their card stuff always felt tacked on rather than a source of depth

Brick Show has a review of the Wookie Gunship. If I recall correctly from OT3, I was the only one hyped for it...

After the review? Super hyped.
Here it is.

I was looking at this in the store yesterday....something about it really turns me off, but it may just be that I am not a fan of "gunships" in general. Awesome figs though.

ruxtpin

Banned
Star Wars CCG!

I still don't know how to play it entirely to be honest... Lord of the Rings TCG, now that's a game I've sunk time and money into :D

I wish Lego's vs games (Spinjitsu characters, Chima speedorz) had more deep TCG elements... Most of their card stuff always felt tacked on rather than a source of depth

Yup! Way back when, when it was made by Decipher. Loved that game because over the course of play you basically ended up setting up an ad-hoc game board. Alas, you did end up with some funny battles - Jabba versus Rebel Troopers on Bespin. Yeah...

I was at this store yesterday. I scanned the cubes and they were either $16.99 or $17.99. I left disappointed. I got a couple already so I didn't buy any.

Just went this morning and can confirm that they're ringing up $17.99. Damn City Target markup! I did pick up a few CMF 12 bags while I was there. I couldn't pass up the $2.50 temporary markdown price.

Congrats Phon! Having a dedicated Lego room is definitely a dream of mine (as I'm sure with a lot of GAFers here). Make sure to post pics when you get a chance. Moving is such a pain.

Rootbeer

Banned
Bought my first ever Bionicle at TRU today. We'll see how deep this rabbit hole goes

They also had minifig scale minecraft on the shelf and a smattering of other 2015 sets but nothing I was looking for.

No Christmas tree polybag though.

ghostmind

More summer Super Heroes rumors, this time from a LEGO employee, via Groove bricks:

- a new variant of the Spider Man minifig
- Iron Spider minifig
- Rhino minifig with a brick-built suit

- Deathstroke minifig
- Starfire minifig
- Beastboy minifig

If true, I wonder if these will all be in sets, or if some will be SDCC exclusives...

It's coming to the point where it will become impossible to tell them apart. :(

Only for non-OCD casual LEGO buyers. :)
At the cheap price point they sell those knockoffs, there will always be plenty of clues.
They definitely have improved a lot that one does have to look very closely depending on the knockoff brand. Some are so easy to spot. For the best of the knockoffs, one has to look for the missing LEGO marks or have a real one next to the knockoff. The color of the plastic and print defects are easy to see by comparison. Also, the faces tend to be off with the printing.

Hi everybody, it was a long time since my last post but not without lego shopping.
In this three months i decided to focus on super heroes and hobbit sets, this because TLG is producing so many awesome sets that i need to finish one kind of collection or else i'll grab whatever set is on sale and put it on the shame closet of never built sets.
Around 600€ later i'm on par with the current SH production and prepared my wallet for the next year massacre

I hear you. I also think LEGO is putting out way too much of desirable sets.

I'm not finding these in any of my normal bootleg sites. Care to help a brother out?

Also, decool military/swat figs have come down to a really decent price on Aliexpress. They're a tad over $1 each, but they come with all their gear. Anyone who has looked at buying modern weapons/gear for their minifigs knows this is a great deal. The weapons alone would cost twice this amount. I'm thinking about ordering 10 of these so i can have 10 of each type.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/8pcs...lice-City-Officer-Riot-Shield/2042773297.html

I just search for "bozhi minifigures" at the same site. If you do "bozhi" only, you get the mostly bootleg set results.

I'm tempted to get those SWAT for the accessories. I have too many other items on my wish list before I tackle those.

More summer Super Heroes rumors, this time from a LEGO employee, via Groove bricks:

- Iron Spider minifig

- Deathstroke minifig
- Starfire minifig
- Beastboy minifig

If true, I wonder if these will all be in sets, or if some will be SDCC exclusives...

If SDCC exlusives, then BOOOOO!
They have Cyborg, they have Robin, they have Superboy...the rest of the Teen Titans don't need special moulds to make them. TEEN TITAN sets please!!!!

Thank goodness for new Spider-Man minifig variant. I hope that means there may be some demand for the plethora of the current Spider-Man version.

If SDCC exlusives, then BOOOOO!
They have Cyborg, they have Robin, they have Superboy...the rest of the Teen Titans don't need special moulds to make them. TEEN TITAN sets please!!!!

Thank goodness for new Spider-Man minifig variant. I hope that means there may be some demand for the plethora of the current Spider-Man version.

I bet the spider man sets released so far would be doing better off if they mimiced the batman sets with variants. It makes more sense story wise with batman than Spider-Man but it'd still work good.

Rootbeer

Banned
Ugh just thinking about more SDCC exclusive minifigs makes me ill :(

I'm thankful we got a wide release of the SDCC rocket, which is excellent, but we still never got The Collector.

waiting on a good bootleg T__T we got a pretty good bootleg of the SDCC 2014 batman, so that one I can mostly forgive

Here is the bionicle set I bought today. They only had TWO on the shelf -- this one and a brown one of the same size, they really got cleared out. I'll probably buy a few more to have some nice selection of parts, but I'm more of a minifig scale guy.

- Iron Spider minifig

- Deathstroke minifig
- Starfire minifig
- Beastboy minifig

I would love the bottom 3 to be a special set exclusive to Target or something.

ghostmind

I am hoping that LEGO handles their SDCC exclusives better this year.

Last year they did take note of all the complaints, so perhaps they will set up a system like Hasbro, where a limited number of each exclusive could be ordered online.

- Iron Spider minifig

- Deathstroke minifig
- Starfire minifig
- Beastboy minifig

Deathstroke. Yay! But comic Deathstroke or Arrow version? Either one will be the most badass DC fig ever.

I will be super sad if those Teen Titan minifigures are SDCC exclusives because I don't have a chance to go out there and missing out on these figures is getting old really fast. If they are available for a time online, I would prefer that instead. At least I would have a miniscule chance of getting them...D:

Still annoyed about missing out on the Phoenix minifigure, she's one of my favorite Marvel characters!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Silver Mine Shootout, bro. Best set of the series and one of the best sets of last year.

I third the vote for Silver Mine Shootout. It's the hidden gem of the Lone Ranger theme.

You guys are the worst (well, best) enablers...
The cheapest I could find it online was $60, but I feel like since the movie bombed and the sets didn't do too well I might be able to find it cheaper somewhere. Anybody know of anything?
I was going to maybe use bricklink, but I've never used it before and it seems overly complicated.

Ponn

Banned

- Iron Spider minifig

- Deathstroke minifig
- Starfire minifig
- Beastboy minifig

I want to believe the bolded, I really really do. My heart can't take the let down though nor my blood pressure if they are SDCC exclusives. Beast Boy should come with some green Friends animals as accessories.

Iron Spider sounds cool, especially since we were just discussing this like a week ago on here. Rhino i'm leery of. I kind of like that knockoff big fig Rhino that just came out and not sure how great a brick built would look like. I'd rather have a classic Rhino. Just make it a fig with a Chima Rhino head.

Ugh just thinking about more SDCC exclusive minifigs makes me ill :(

I'm thankful we got a wide release of the SDCC rocket, which is excellent, but we still never got The Collector.

waiting on a good bootleg T__T we got a pretty good bootleg of the SDCC 2014 batman, so that one I can mostly forgive

Here is the bionicle set I bought today. They only had TWO on the shelf -- this one and a brown one of the same size, they really got cleared out. I'll probably buy a few more to have some nice selection of parts, but I'm more of a minifig scale guy.

I saw some of the new Bionicle stuff on shelves at Target the other day. Bionicle is during my dark ages so I have no nostalgia for them. However, I will say they look really cool and have some interesting parts. The rapid fire 1x1 plate shooter seems to be used a lot in those sets. I'm tempted to pick up a few Bionicles (when the are sale).

I want to believe the bolded, I really really do. My heart can't take the let down though nor my blood pressure if they are SDCC exclusives. Beast Boy should come with some green Friends animals as accessories.

Iron Spider sounds cool, especially since we were just discussing this like a week ago on here. Rhino i'm leery of. I kind of like that knockoff big fig Rhino that just came out and not sure how great a brick built would look like. I'd rather have a classic Rhino. Just make it a fig with a Chima Rhino head.

I totally missed the fact that El Spider Man was Iron. Are they reading the posts here?

ghostmind

Simpsons CMF2 rumored lineup:

Homer in his Sunday Best
Marge in her Sunday Best
Bartman
Lisa with Snowball II
Maggie with Santa's Little Helper
Fallout Boy
Smithers
Patty
Selma
Comic Book Guy