• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruxtpin

Banned
One mixel, a Lego shaped luggage tag, and a Lego neighborhood book were all my Lego themed Christmas items. I'm cool with it cuz I tend to buy myself any sets I want whenever I want. The book though is pretty nifty - Lego Neighborhood

Glad their doing Bionicle villains sooner. The biggest problem with the original series was lack of equal enemies.

Also glad there's a Carnage set :D

...and Merry Chrustmas LEGO GAF!!!!

Kyari

Oh dear, modular pet shop for Christmas. I'm going to have to get over my prize induced lego paralysis....
(Was genuinely not expecting any lego for Christmas)

Ponn

Banned
I'm surprised there isn't more talk about the Carnage fig reveal with that set name. I haven't heard any rumors about that.

My poor mother, she means well, but she has awful luck when it comes to the collectable mini figs. I haven't really bothered with the latest series so I only have one so far, the Rock Raiders(?) guy. Still despite those odds, from the three bags she bought me for Christmas she managed to not only get me a dupe of that, but the other two bags contained the same fig (Greek Goddess) as well.

Well, change some of the faces and you could have a cool Amazonian army for Wonder Woman.

My haul since people are posting was conservative. 3 minifig packs (haven't opened them yet), Lonely Mountain (SMAUGGGGG!) and a well meaning friend getting a Construc-bot dinobot. I still have to build Sea Cow but I may have to open Lonely Mountain and sneak Smaug out of there for display.

namtab37

Neo Member
bTDF6LY.jpg

I wonder if this will have any sort of wheels on it..

Garryk

Got a Duplo train set for my son and Rapunzel's Tower for my daughter. My wife surprised me with Spaceship x3. It was a good Lego family Christmas. :)

Congrats on everyone's hauls for Christmas. Some awesome stuff indeed!

My lone LEGO set I got was Melting Room. A tiny affair. But, the sheer amount of money that I got for Christmas will pay for almost everything I want come January 1st. :)

Got Parisian restaurant for Xmas, but the real surprise was my dad. A few years ago my parents decided to shop for themselves and this year he decided to buy himself the VW Camper. It's his first lego set ever and he's pretty excited to build it!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
After buying and building my first LEGO set in five years less than a week ago, I now have six (well, just built one, so now five) more sets to build!
Got the Creator Aviation Adventures, Thunder Wings, and Highway Cruiser sets for Christmas (already built the main Highway Cruiser build, which is/was awesome) and got my Toys R Us order with Eradicator Mech, Swarm Interceptor, and the AT-RT Walker! So excited to do some building.

Rootbeer

Banned
o_O what do you all think of the 2015 Vader helmet mold?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tormentalous/16095744175

some speculation that it is based off Vader's appearance in Rebels. This is interesting because if they are releasing a Rebels Vader then he may show up more in the show (so far he's only had a very brief scene in the very first hour long episode/movie)

And if it's not Rebels based then it's still a new mold :p

I don't know, I wonder if I'm going to be lukewarm on this mold similar to how I feel about the 2013 Yoda head. Need to see it more in context to decide.

yes and it is the newest polybag available from them, you can find a lot of them in target stores right now.

seems more and more common for retailers to play hot potato with these polybags :p

although anyone who missed out on rocket or brown ninja is probably SOL as it was definitely a TRU exclusive

I never could find it, I only saw the 2 chima polybags that the lego shop gave away earlier this year.

Didn't get any Lego for xmas this year, but I got a PS4 so I really can't complain. Now to buy Lego Batman 3 for it :)

WiiU bundle and Mario Kart 8 here. And took advantage of the BOGO 40% sale at Meijer on the games so I grabbed Wind Waker HD and Super Smash Bros too. Too many games now to distract me from LEGO!

Of course, no building until Jan 1st.

Ryuuroden

Only Lego related thing I got was a pocket scale that even has the ability to calculate the number of Lego pieces in the container I put on it without me having to separately calculate it. Just pre measure the container then the single Lego brick and then fill it up and it will tell you the count.

peely

Neo Member
Merry Xmas everyone :)

Got one of the creator houses and an art carousel to be used as a desk tidy to add to the Ghostbusters set for my birthday last week.

Daughter got two boxes of Duplo and will have more from her grandpa when we next see him. Plus some CMF 12 figures, including the one she really wanted - pig man :)

Missus is despondent at the amount of Lego in the house, even with most of it in the loft !

Hope you all had a great day and roll on the 2015 sets :)

Just clothes this year as a gift but with all the overtime I've been getting, I can just buy me some Lego come Sunday. Or just wait until next Thursday (Probably the better idea)

Nice finds!

Wondering if that Joker bumper car will integrate into the Jokerland set.

Excellent point, but you would have two identical Jokers assuming the same Joker is in both sets.
I was hoping for a new Joker print. The Joker bumper car one looks like the one from:

10672 Batman: Defend the Batcave
6863 Batwing Battle Over Gotham City
6857 The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?M=sh005&in=S

Didn't ask for any Lego from anyone this year and since I have my employee discount I prefer to just buy it for myself, so I got the Starblaster Showdown and for whatever reason our store got the Chase McCain set back in so I grabbed one of those too (66 Batmobile parts! Chase fig! Woo!)

I do have like $50+ in VIP points saved up from buying gifts for friends' kids, so once Minecraft hits I'm gonna go to town. I fear the demand for those sets is gonna be insane what with all the request we've been getting for the past several weeks. Gotta get while the gettin's good!

Merry Christmas Lego GAF! Thank you for being so awesome and welcoming me back into the best hobby ever.

Merry Christmas LEGO GAF!

We discovered a couple of Dolphin Cruisers (oops), Research Institute, Parisian Restaurant & several smaller sets & LEGO books under the tree this morning. This is going to be a busy week of building!

Make the two Dolphin Cruisers into one of those insane Whale Watching boats that's like two boats fused together by walkways!!! Like a giant.. what are they called, catamaran?

Ponn

Banned
Just clothes this year as a gift but with all the overtime I've been getting, I can just buy me some Lego come Sunday. Or just wait until next Thursday (Probably the better idea)

I am actually really glad i'm not collecting modulars or Star Wars because the 1st would be painful. I feel for the rest of you. Now I just have to save up for the Helicarrier and figure out a way to weasel the Tumbler in there.

I pulled Smaug out and put him together. Wow. He is DEATH! All hesitation of the price of the set just flutters away when you see him in all his glory. I only wish he came with a soundbrick with Cumberbatch clips.

With all the big sets coming out, do we have a target date for the next double VIP?

If it follows the normal pattern, probably March.

So... February 17th VIP access to the Helicarrier?

Hnnng. Need. NOW.

Detective's Office is a given on Jan 1st. But do I wait on Slave 1 for May 4th and instead get the UCS Helicarrier on release date? Ugh.

So, just like 2014, they are blowing their wad in the first two months of the year.

R-User!

Merry Christmas LEGOGAF!

I got some Hobbit sets and a new phone!

Mid February Helicarrier?.... HEY! My wallet! Come back with my wallet!!!

I noticed Lego Shop had some of their 2015 sets available online in Australia. I might have to put an order in for the 2 smaller movie sets.

Brick Fiend

Neo Member
Hey guys. Question for all you American Gaffers. Back in NY after visiting from Australia last year as well, and after visiting the Rockefeller Centre and Flatiron District Lego stores the other day, it had slipped my mind that those stores mark up the price of the sets compared to the website price. My question is, is it just the NY stores that do this? or is it common practice in the USA in general. I got the Flatiron District store to price match the website on a purchase for me, but I'm wondering if I just wait till I'm in Chicago at the start of January to make more purchases (e.g. Slave 1) to avoid the hassle. Or will they do the same thing with the markup.

Ponn

Banned
Not fond of the freebie for Feb. If that is Helicarrier I will try to exert some self control and wait for March if they do have double VIP and maybe a superhero related freebie.

Merry Christmas!

My wife was nice enough to get me a LEGO ornament. Christmas tree with two presents in a globe.

I got her a Batwoman keychain.

I was convinced she bought me an expensive set as the LEGO shop clerk offered her the calendar you get for spending $75. I need to boo that man the next time I'm in. Still very appreciative.

My nephew received the Lonely Mountain set. Lucky little so and so. :D

ghostmind

Star Wars - summer 2015

Some initial news
- Imperial Assault Carrier, for $129.99 USD
- a set based on the "final battle on the Death Star"
- Imperial Shuttle Tydirium system-scale set

I'm thinking that the carrier is the Gozanti-class from Rebels:
GgWL07I.jpg

robochimp

I unexpectedly received the Ghostbusters set today, great work! Just when I thought I was close to done I started the roof, so jam packed with detail.

Edit: I've been waiting for a system scale Imperial shuttle.

.o what do you all think of the 2015 Vader helmet mold?

Are those eyes possibly transparent?

ghostmind

Ninjago - Summer 2015

70730 Chain Cycle Ambush
70733 Blaster Bike
70734 Master Wu Dragon
70735 Ronin R.E.X.
70736 Attack of the Morro Dragon
70737 Titan Mech Battle
70738 Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty
70739 Airjitzu Kai Flyer
70740 Airjitzu Jay Flyer
70741 Airjitzu Cole Flyer
70742 Airjitzu Zane Flyer
70743 Airjitzu Morro Flyer
70744 Airjitzu Wrayth Flyer

ghostmind

Star Wars - summer 2015 (more info)

75091 Flash Speeder™
75092 Naboo Starfighter™
75093 Death Star™ Final Duel
75094 Imperial Shuttle Tydirium™
75099 Star Wars Wolf 1
75100 Star Wars Wolf 2 (Rebels?)
75101 Star Wars Wolf 3 (Rebels?)
75102 Star Wars Wolf 4
75103 Star Wars Wolf 5
75104 Star Wars Wolf 6
75105 Star Wars Wolf 7
75106 Imperial Assault Carrier™

Much confusion here. At first I thought "Wolf" was some code name for "The Force Awakens", but two of these are supposed to be Rebels sets, so maybe it just means the set name is TBA?

Rootbeer

Banned
Would we really get Episode VII sets in the summer? That would be awesome but seems very early.

Also wow more Episode I sets yay T__T

robochimp

75091 Flash Speeder™
75092 Naboo Starfighter™
75099 Star Wars Wolf 1
75102 Star Wars Wolf 4
75103 Star Wars Wolf 5
75104 Star Wars Wolf 6
75105 Star Wars Wolf 7

Much confusion here. At first I thought "Wolf" was some code name for "The Force Awakens", but two of these are supposed to be Rebels sets, so maybe it just means the set name is TBA?

Could they be micro fighters? That would be quite a few, but maybe they added some store exclusive micro fighters into the lineup.

Ryuuroden

75091 Flash Speeder™
75092 Naboo Starfighter™
75099 Star Wars Wolf 1
75102 Star Wars Wolf 4
75103 Star Wars Wolf 5
75104 Star Wars Wolf 6
75105 Star Wars Wolf 7

awww yissss, I can finally replace my 1999 Naboo Starfighter

Rootbeer

Banned
As we count down to Jan 1st, I thought it would be fun to see what people plan on ordering with the deluge of new sets we are about to experience.

What's yours first January order going to include?

Mine:
Slave I
Detective Agency
A friends set (probably hot air balloon)
Maybe another SW set

That's just for my online order. I am trying to work in a visit to my local LEGO store to pick up some other stuff.

Merry Christmas!

My wife was nice enough to get me a LEGO ornament. Christmas tree with two presents in a globe.

I got her a Batwoman keychain.

I was convinced she bought me an expensive set as the LEGO shop clerk offered her the calendar you get for spending $75. I need to boo that man the next time I'm in. Still very appreciative.

My nephew received the Lonely Mountain set. Lucky little so and so. :D

Heh, I have the opposite problem, my wife got me UCS Sandcrawler but the clerk didn't give her the calendar. : /

I love the ornament, my favorite of the new ornaments that we get yearly. (Our tree is quite full with ornaments).

ZoNavNal.jpg

My daughter love Santa's workshop and build it immediately. She was surprised to get it because when we were at LEGO store she was looking for this year set (to go with Winter's Village set from last year) and I told her they are sold out so she didn't think I got them).

09nX9exl.jpg

Zerojul

75091 Flash Speeder™
75092 Naboo Starfighter™
75099 Star Wars Wolf 1
75102 Star Wars Wolf 4
75103 Star Wars Wolf 5
75104 Star Wars Wolf 6
75105 Star Wars Wolf 7

Glad I didn't get the 7877 Naboo Starfighter yet, maybe this one will be good.
It was love at first sight for the Imperial Carrier from REBELS so I'm happy it gets a release so soon. Hope it's huge and it comes with scaled TIEs :)
And I know for a fact that I will never be able to get UCS Imperial Shuttle so I will keep my eyes peeled for this one :/

As we count down to Jan 1st, I thought it would be fun to see what people plan on ordering with the deluge of new sets we are about to experience.

What's yours first January order going to include?
I will have to be very picky about what I get from now on so it will be either Slave I or Detective Agency, but I won't get both at the same time. If I'm very naughty I may get the TIE Advanced Prototype because it looks awesome. I will wait until the 5th to place my order, 2x VIPs for me on that day :)

Hey guys. Question for all you American Gaffers. Back in NY after visiting from Australia last year as well, and after visiting the Rockefeller Centre and Flatiron District Lego stores the other day, it had slipped my mind that those stores mark up the price of the sets compared to the website price. My question is, is it just the NY stores that do this? or is it common practice in the USA in general. I got the Flatiron District store to price match the website on a purchase for me, but I'm wondering if I just wait till I'm in Chicago at the start of January to make more purchases (e.g. Slave 1) to avoid the hassle. Or will they do the same thing with the markup.
I feel like almost all Lego stores do the msrp just like the website.its been a while since i was at a store in person but i definitely paid retail.

Only chain here that consistently inflates prices is toys r us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom