• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

Some very interesting information regarding 2015 promos and exclusives:

January: Main sets - 75069 Slave 1, 10246 Detective's Office. Promos - Flower Cart with purchases over $75, Friends Mini Golf with any Friends purchase, AT-DP with any Star Wars purchase.

February: Main set - 76042 Avenger's Helicarrier (VIP Only) Promos: City Driller with purchase over $35

March: Main set - 76042 Avenger's Helicarrier (Public release). Promos - Bionicle GWP with any purchase, "Elves Fire" GWP with any purchase.

April: Main Set: 71016 Simpson's Kwik-E-Mart (VIP Only). Promos: Ninjago Kai Drifter minifig with unknown purchase

May: Main Set - 75059 UCS TIE Fighter, 71016 Simpson's Kwik-E-Mart, 10247 Ferris Wheel (Starting May 18). Promos: Admiral Yularen (May 4th)

June: Main Set - 10247 Ferris Wheel. Promos: Marvel Superheroes Winter Soldier minifig

July: Main Set - 10248 Ferrari F40. Promos - VIP Retro Minifigure Set, Silver Brick Keychain, Red minifigure Ice Tray

August: Main set - 70751 Ninjago Temple, 10248 Ferrari F40. Promos: City Space Car and AI55 Co-Promo GWPs, Creator Tractor, Friends Popstar.

September: Main Set - 70751 Ninjago Temple. Promos: Exclusive Ninjago minifigure

October: Main set - [?????] Hoth Echo Base, 10249 Winter Toy Shop. Promos: Holiday GWP gift over $99

November/December: Promos: "VIP BF/CM," BFCM GWP over $99.

Rootbeer

Banned
Ninjago temple as a headlining set? For a sec I thought maybe it was to do with the Ninjago film but that's not until 2016...

Oh, didn't know about a new Hoth base. I missed out on the previous versions!
What is GWP? Excuse my ignorance >_<
GWP = gift with purchase. Yes, I had to google that a few minutes ago myself :)

I wish LEGO were able to keep these leaks in check a TINY bit better, cause there are almost no surprises left for 2015. The Force Awakens and Jurassic World sets are mostly unknown (except a few of the Dinos), maybe a handful DTC sets but we have the overwhelming majority of "big" stuff revealed and we aren't even to Jan 1st!

ghostmind

Ninjago temple as a headlining set? For a sec I thought maybe it was to do with the Ninjago film but that's not until 2016...

Oh, didn't know about a new Hoth base. I missed out on the previous versions!

GWP = gift with purchase. Yes, I had to google that a few minutes ago myself :)

This Hoth Base would likely be a big set, like the Ewok Village from 2013.

Rootbeer

Banned
This Hoth Base would likely be a big set, like the Ewok Village from 2013.

Ewok Village is one of the only UCS-level SW sets I own (Until Slave I), I look forward to adding Hoth to that.

I have the Wampa set, the 2014 Snowspeeder and AT AT, that's all I have from Hoth at the moment... I really need that base!

ghostmind

Observations:

Ferrari F40 getting that MINI cooper/ T1 Camper Van treatment.

And there is the Ferris Wheel, as expected.

Helicarrier VIP in February confirmed.

Kwik-E-Mart VIP not until April.

UCS TIE May 4th confirmed.

Now is that Wullf Yularen from the Clone Wars, or from A New Hope?

Ninjago seems to be exploding in preparation for the 2016 movie.

We are going full circle back to the beginning for Winter Village?

Rootbeer

Banned
Crossing my fingers for a snow-blasted chewie minifig

chewie-snow.jpg

Observations:

Kiwi-E-Mart VIP not until April.

Got my Feb purchase planned out then.

Glad Simpsons set is coming in April... I can make lighter purchases in march. It will hit shelves just in time for Simpsons CMF Series 2, nice! I am really excited about both.

I'm trying to open up to Ninjago more as we lead up to the film. I tried watching the show and it's WAY too kiddie for me. I would prefer if it could at least be enjoyed on some level by adults (think: Ninja Turtles on nickelodeon as an example)

My hope is that they are going to reinvent Ninjago in a way that is more palatable by the time the 2016 movie rolls around

January: Main sets - 75069 Slave 1, 10246 Detective's Office. Promos - Flower Cart with purchases over $75, Friends Mini Golf with any Friends purchase, AT-DP with any Star Wars purchase.

February: Main set - 76042 Avenger's Helicarrier (VIP Only) Promos: City Driller with purchase over $35

March: Main set - 76042 Avenger's Helicarrier (Public release). Promos - Bionicle GWP with any purchase, "Elves Fire" GWP with any purchase.

April: Main Set: 71016 Simpson's Kwik-E-Mart (VIP Only). Promos: Ninjago Kai Drifter minifig with unknown purchase

May: Main Set - 75059 UCS TIE Fighter, 71016 Simpson's Kwik-E-Mart, 10247 Ferris Wheel (Starting May 18). Promos: Admiral Yularen (May 4th)

June: Main Set - 10247 Ferris Wheel. Promos: Marvel Superheroes Winter Soldier minifig

July: Main Set - 10248 Ferrari F40. Promos - VIP Retro Minifigure Set, Silver Brick Keychain, Red minifigure Ice Tray

August: Main set - 70751 Ninjago Temple, 10248 Ferrari F40. Promos: City Space Car and AI55 Co-Promo GWPs, Creator Tractor, Friends Popstar.

September: Main Set - 70751 Ninjago Temple. Promos: Exclusive Ninjago minifigure

October: Main set - [?????] Hoth Echo Base, 10249 Winter Toy Shop. Promos: Holiday GWP gift over $99

Ugh. May and June are brutal.

Observations:

Kiwi-E-Mart VIP not until April.

If the Ferarri gets that treatment, I must have it. Ugh.

Rootbeer

Banned
I had to look up who Admiral Yularen was.

I've seen every episode of Clone Wars and the name didn't click for me. That's how forgettable those Admiral types are to me o_O

Kind of a weird minifig choice as a giveaway... probably just me though.

ghostmind

I'm trying to open up to Ninjago more as we lead up to the film. I tried watching the show and it's WAY too kiddie for me. I would prefer if it could at least be enjoyed on some level by adults (think: Ninja Turtles on nickelodeon as an example)

My hope is that they are going to reinvent Ninjago in a way that is more palatable by the time the 2016 movie rolls around

I've been keeping a tenuous hold with Ninjago over the last couple years, but I was planning to ramp up this year, especially after I saw the summer list:

70730 Chain Cycle Ambush
70733 Blaster Bike
70734 Master Wu Dragon
70735 Ronin R.E.X.
70736 Attack of the Morro Dragon
70737 Titan Mech Battle
70738 Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty

Lots of dragons and mechs, which is Ninjago at its best. Add to that a big D2C Temple set, and I'm back in.

I got 3500 Legos for Christmas, and I have a nice camera!

Whee Lego pictures.

iPgOr2xnKODDr.jpg

I got a special Christmas set with my gifts! So here's an angry snowball thrower.

ibh6OxYchUp7bS.jpg

"That's weird... why do I sense danger from the slide I just went down?"

ic2mpqQugW1m6.jpg

Starscream, Obi Wan ain't having none of your shit.

ihnglQlztl4xN.jpg

That's... that's not how you play hockey. -_-

ibrOjNaAvWuxMI.jpg

Poor Jarjar.

ibkp0zkWVRedSk.jpg

Poor Super Battle Droid.

I got a LOT of Legos, but setting these guys up takes a lot of time, which is something I don't have a huge amount of. So there might be more!
btw crosspost from FigureGAF thread.

Fowler

Oh man.

I've been fairly quiet on here because there are a lot of cool sets, but none that I really MUST MUST have... my bar for sets is much higher now simply because I just don't have space anymore. So I've been mainly sniping minifigs and wondering how to fit the Tumbler in, how to suspend the Helicarrier from the ceiling, or how to resist the wave of Force Awakens sets.

And then... and then I saw this:

October: Main set - [?????] Hoth Echo Base

I'm pretty much done with Tatooine, and I've been on a bit of a Hoth kick, trying to figure out how to get a great Hoth scene going. And then I see that... and imagine a set on the sale of the Ewok Village...

It's like LEGO knows the way straight into my wallet's soul. JUST TAKE MY MONEY, LEGO. TAKE ALL OF IT.

Zerojul

Really busy schedule for me. The beginning of the year is brutal, and this does not include regular SW/MSH releases. Ouch.
I really thought they would have given away the Bucky minifig with the UCS Helicarrier, though.
I'm not a cars guy by any means, but a F40 can be glorious. Hope it's Camper/Mini Cooper levels of awesomeness.
I'm pretty excited for Hoth Echo Base, maybe a playset UCS kinda thing ?

Edit : I honestly had no idea who Yularen was. I guess the fig will portrait his Clone Wars era self. Nice to see they still do some CW stuff, but I really hope they don't go for the CW minifig aesthetics which I'm not really found of :/

Fowler

I ran out of space too, but for some reason I keep on buying (the backlog is out of control!)

I've basically given up on large parts of the backlog; my LOTR sets were cannibalised for minifigs, SPACESHIPx3 is waiting for whatever new storage solution I come up with for the Tumbler (which I haven't bought but have basically 100% committed to buying at some point).

On the other hand, my girlfriend doesn't have space either, but I just bought her Hogwarts Express...

neonglow

I'm very curious to see how the new Winter Village Toy Shop will look like since I never managed to get the original version before it shot up in price.

I was at Target earlier today and managed to get a couple of the clearanced Forest Animal and holiday polybag sets. They had a lot of the 2015 sets on the shelf. There were so many sets I wanted but I'm gonna have to restrain myself and wait for deals. I've noticed most of next year's Star Wars and Friends are normally priced now or at least close to the 10 cents per piece ratio. That's very surprising with all the markups on the 2014 sets.

mojiimbo

LXEai0t.gif

Oh, wow. I was sure Ferrari would be stuck either with the almost unrecognizable tiny Speed Champions sets or, best case scenario, a larger semi-abstract Technic set.

After the VW Camper and Mini Cooper I'm sure they can do better than the original Racers sets.

mrkgoo

I just picked up a Jabba's sail barge, which I found on clearance at NZ$130,down from NZ$199. Another 20% off took it to NZ$104. Near half-price Lego was too much to pass up, even if it was a set I didn't particularly care for.

The build is ok and overall a little better than I expected, but I cannot fathom how this set is worth NZ$199.

It barely feels worth it at half price.

Ryuuroden

Oh good it looks amazing lol, so much stuff I will be getting.

Also just stopped at target and picked up Ultra Agents Mission HQ and Creator Bike Shop and Cafe for 40% off on each one. The rest of the discounts were like 5-15% off. I'll wait till they go lower. That particular target is in a poor part of town and LEGO scavengers never go there so it's like my personal discount store.

kitzkozan

Does this mean that Lego will make a newer version of the original toy shop? That would be kinda nice for me since it's a 300$ set nowadays. :^p I still consider that it's the best Winter village set since it include that big christmas tree + light brick. If they will reissue older models, I hope they do the bakery next which is another great WV set. :] I'll probably buy the 2012 WV set off bricklink or something since it's still decently priced.

My birthdays today and my mom got me the mini cooper! Yeeessss
now I just have to finish the Parisian restaraunt before I can start on that

I got 3500 Legos for Christmas, and I have a nice camera!

Whee Lego pictures.

btw crosspost from FigureGAF thread.

For a second I thought you got 3500 separate Lego sets and was like "Holy shit that would cost more than a fancy sports car and would require a dump truck to transport" but I'm guessing you meant it added up to 3500 pieces lol

My birthdays today and my mom got me the mini cooper! Yeeessss
now I just have to finish the Parisian restaraunt before I can start on that

For a second I thought you got 3500 separate Lego sets and was like "Holy shit that would cost more than a fancy sports car and would require a dump truck to transport" but I'm guessing you meant it added up to 3500 pieces lol

Yeah haha. I got 6 new sets, and was inspired to dig out and fix up/rebuild some older ones. I might take more pictures, if people are interested.

Ryuuroden

Yeah haha. I got 6 new sets, and was inspired to dig out and fix up/rebuild some older ones. I might take more pictures, if people are interested.

Yes, we love pictures of builds, especially when you do fun things with them. Lego Gaf is all about building sets, you're own creations, and things in between. There just has not been a lot recently due to several of us regulars in stages of moving or in the midst of massive MOCing. We always welcome new blood to reinvigorate the fun of posting displays and so on. We talk a lot about sales and deals and new sets coming on here like a news forum but it's much more than that.

EDIT: and I just got 2 sets with over 1000 pieces in each today that were on clearance at Target. There were sooo many sets on clearance but most were not that great but the two I got were pretty damn good deals and were sets I have been wanting. Funny thing is, others have mentioned the Dropship being on clearance but it wasn't at the Target I went to but that's ok since I already got one. Had it been I would of gotten a few more to add to a dropship armada. As it is, I was reminded today going through my backlog that I have a second republic gunship that I picked up at the last clearance they had a few months ago for parts or to resell. I will probably end up reselling that one since its now OOP.

Ravek

Banned

Pics are more than welcomed!

Also, anyone else feel like there tax return is already spent? There are too many sets that I can't not have in the first four months. Its insane.

I'm back from visiting family in the (relatively) internet-free countryside...just catching up with this thread. Damn the first few months of 2015 are going to be painful.

Now that I'm mostly up-to-date with sets I want I'm going to try and get the big releases on the day they come out. The "to purchase" backlog gets too intimidating otherwise.

I still "need" to get Spaceship x3, Mini-cooper, the Ghost & the 2014 WV set and then I'll be all caught up. Getting the Ghost tomorrow followed by either the Spaceship or Mini-cooper along with Slave 1 next Friday. First World planning dilemmas.

Regarding the WV Toy Shop....they must be planning a new version; I'd be surprised if the old one was re-released. I have to imagine that TLG doesn't like the aftermarket prices on the original and want to stem it. I think they specifically pointed something like that out in last year's WV Market reveal video when they talked about the blue arches.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just built the Star Wars AT-RT and a MOC'd a little bit of terrain/landscape to make the scene. It was a very nice time.
Very slightly disappointed that the AT-RT is designed in a way that you can't pose the legs at all, but that's only a very minor fault.

I had to look up who Admiral Yularen was.

I've seen every episode of Clone Wars and the name didn't click for me. That's how forgettable those Admiral types are to me o_O

Kind of a weird minifig choice as a giveaway... probably just me though.

Admiral Yularen is also old guy in white uniform on Death Star during conference room scene from Star Wars A New Hope. So it could be that version.

They are starting to add 2015 sets to S@H now, but I'm assuming that any promo won't apply until we actually get to January. I'm seeing new Disney, Movie stuff etc...

I (finally) finished building my old Model Team set a couple of nights ago. I'm pretty lazy, so my motivation for posting pics was flagging, but considering you guys seem interested in general, I'll post some soon.

I have a question: you know how a lot of old sets used to have pictures of 'alternative' builds on the back and on the manual? How would I got about building them? The Model Team has an image of a pretty awesome alternative truck, but no instructions. There's only a single image too, so you can't see any other angles to get a better idea. It looks awesome, and I would enjoy the challenge, but it's large and complex, and I have no idea where to start. Any tips?

Got Toa Kopaka from the new Bionicle 2015 series for my birthday, along with the Mini Cooper. Kopaka is looking really good, I'm loving the return of bionicle as I was obsessed with it as a kid. I'll post pictures of the Parisian Restaurant tomorrow when I have some better lighting since its night now, and then after that I'll post pictures of Kopaka and then the Mini Cooper when I get that done.

I (finally) finished building my old Model Team set a couple of nights ago. I'm pretty lazy, so my motivation for posting pics was flagging, but considering you guys seem interested in general, I'll post some soon.

I have a question: you know how a lot of old sets used to have pictures of 'alternative' builds on the back and on the manual? How would I got about building them? The Model Team has an image of a pretty awesome alternative truck, but no instructions. There's only a single image too, so you can't see any other angles to get a better idea. It looks awesome, and I would enjoy the challenge, but it's large and complex, and I have no idea where to start. Any tips?

I think your best bet is to just pick a spot to start from and hope for the best. I know that's what I did when I was trying to do the alt builds of the Deep Freeze Defender.

Rootbeer

Banned
They are starting to add 2015 sets to S@H now, but I'm assuming that any promo won't apply until we actually get to January. I'm seeing new Disney, Movie stuff etc...

Unless they go in stock it's not news, they have been listed there for a while now. I just looked over the listings and nothing is in stock that hasn't been since before Christmas.

The Model Team stuff came with instructions for the alt builds I thought. I know the Whirl and Wheel Super Truck did, because I remember building it. Lemme investigate.

EDIT: Yeah, there were instructions for the alt build for that one at least. I am not sure about the others.

http://www.peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/scans/5590-1?ct=1

Which set did you build? Look on Brickiest for instructions. Most sets have direct links to instructions, but if you go to the links in each set, there are outside sites with scans of the instructions just in case.

Ryuuroden

Whew, finished rough sorting of all the sets I had in backstock that I bought so that I would own the set and for parts since they were really deep discounted (20 some sets) (didn't have any interest in building them). Now I am halfway done breaking down all my Galaxy Squad sets. I am only keeping the Eradicator Mech and Hive Crawler together for display. Fingers hurt so I may take a break for the night. The Galaxy Squad sets, in particular, are really hard on the fingers. I also took apart some old Star Wars sets including the dropship portion of the UCS AT Dropship set. Trying to clear up the shelves for this years and next years sets. I have a ungodly amount of pieces now to further sort and store (at least 30,000 bricks) so I probably will have to get some more storage containers and sorting drawers but it has also allowed me to restock on some parts I was getting low on.

Ponn

Banned
So all these sets going oop has me nervous with this seeming influx of new Lego sets for the new year and then more to come. With Tumbler out of stock again if i even think I want it should it be a priority to get once it comes back in stock? I'm now worried about getting Helicarrier as soon as it pops up with the way Tumbler has been. i'm thinking of holding off on the new Superhero sets to make these sets a priority with my funds.

I went to a mall in Grand Rapids, MI today to get iphone 6 Pluses for the wife and I and stopped in a little corner shop in the mall that had a giant "50% Off Everything In The Store!!" sign. It was fairly well picked over, but I found a lego set among the wreckage of the rest of the store. It was the 60043 Prisoner Transporter, so I got it for $12.

The funny part was there was one dude working the entire store, easily in his 50's, and he was overworked and extremely unhappy. When I finally got to the counter to pay after waiting forever in line, He snapped at me "Where did you get this?!?". I told him it was on a rack mixed with a bunch of mix and match stuff. He was pissed! But he rang me up anyway. I left scratching my head wondering what his problem was.

I think it was a shop rented only for Xmas time and before declaring 50% off, he offloaded all the really expensive stuff like Lego so he was mad one was missed.

So I was looking at the box for Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas to see if Flash was any different and I notice this:

10554086_327843330746363_348829390_n.jpg

I don't care what ANYONE says, "Truck Driver" is Michael Bluth. That's just about as blatant as you can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom