• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realized I should have put a pic to show you guys what I mean
569902D6-0CA6-44E4-AD0A-B9D80970748E_zpstnskw5mh.jpg
See? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfvR4hl-Gzw

DO IT! Jump in the deep end. I think I speak for everyone when I say we would all love to see what you come up with. Remember, everything is awesome!
Alright then! Before I dismantle the main build though, I took a couple of photos. I'm not a photographer, but hopefully these are good enough. I've got a whole bunch of Classic Space that I've built, and I really want to dismantle so I can start MOCing, so I'll have some more photos as soon as I can be bothered! ;)

pMbudKDl.jpg

More at http://imgur.com/a/7olWQ

It was an enjoyable build, easily the biggest I've put together so far since getting back into LEGO. My favourite parts were seeing how the wheel mechanisms (with real steering on the truck) came together, so I'm thinking of getting some Technic somewhere down the line (even if they are kind of ugly!). Overall though, it was just awesome seeing all the little sections come together to form the whole. I learnt lots of little tricks and ideas for MOCing, although I'm sure I'll forget them immediately. :)

So, I'm finally getting back to actually organizing my Legos. It... It will tale a while. *looks at two gallon bucket of Bionicle arms, legs, torsos, and other assorted parts*

Most of the CITY Arctic sets should be around for a while, the exceptions being the retailer exclusives - 60064 Arctic Supply Plane (which is now Sold Out) and 60062 Arctic Icebreaker (which is getting a stock refresh in early January).

Also, I don't think that NorthAm shops are getting the Demolition sets until late February, or early March. They will be available in Europe/UK on January 1st though.

The only Arctic set that I have is 60062, which covers a lot of the exclusive elements from the Arctic subtheme.

jcD6X4y.jpg

I'm debating whether I should pick up any more from this subtheme.

Oh snap. Well that's good to know, I can wait on the base a little while more.

I was sad to hear that the Supply Plane was OOP now, and then I walked into the back while stocking and lo and behold, one left. No idea why it wasn't out on shelves but it's mine now. :)

I'll probably get the Supply Plane, Ice Breaker, Arctic Base, and maybe the truck that comes with an additional base unit. That should be enough to make a killer The Thing scene. Miiiight pick up the helicopter if for nothing other than more Huskies :D

Of course that just leaves the small truck set to 100% the sub theme at that point so I mean, sheesh might as well. :p

*sigh*
Is there anything I can do about all these cracked Legos? I'm finding more and more of these as I sort that have cracked and lost all of their ability to hold other Legos to them...

The ONE THING I dont like about Technic Legos. And seeing the little grey spacing pieces in the sets I got for Christmas, it doesn't look like its an issue they ever fixed.

Nintendad

Alright folks! What's your January 1st look like as of right now?

70818 Double-Decker Couch
70817 Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack
10246 Detective's Office*
76026 Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas*

*i'm on vacation so will have them shipped to my house.

Deefuzz

Some very interesting information regarding 2015 promos and exclusives:

January: Main sets - 75069 Slave 1, 10246 Detective's Office. Promos - Flower Cart with purchases over $75, Friends Mini Golf with any Friends purchase, AT-DP with any Star Wars purchase.

February: Main set - 76042 Avenger's Helicarrier (VIP Only) Promos: City Driller with purchase over $35

March: Main set - 76042 Avenger's Helicarrier (Public release). Promos - Bionicle GWP with any purchase, "Elves Fire" GWP with any purchase.

April: Main Set: 71016 Simpson's Kwik-E-Mart (VIP Only). Promos: Ninjago Kai Drifter minifig with unknown purchase

May: Main Set - 75059 UCS TIE Fighter, 71016 Simpson's Kwik-E-Mart, 10247 Ferris Wheel (Starting May 18). Promos: Admiral Yularen (May 4th)

June: Main Set - 10247 Ferris Wheel. Promos: Marvel Superheroes Winter Soldier minifig

July: Main Set - 10248 Ferrari F40. Promos - VIP Retro Minifigure Set, Silver Brick Keychain, Red minifigure Ice Tray

August: Main set - 70751 Ninjago Temple, 10248 Ferrari F40. Promos: City Space Car and AI55 Co-Promo GWPs, Creator Tractor, Friends Popstar.

September: Main Set - 70751 Ninjago Temple. Promos: Exclusive Ninjago minifigure

October: Main set - [?????] Hoth Echo Base, 10249 Winter Toy Shop. Promos: Holiday GWP gift over $99

November/December: Promos: "VIP BF/CM," BFCM GWP over $99.

Oh crap. This year is going to kill me. I might have to start working at LEGO Retail again just to afford it all.

need some advice, Star Wars Republic Gunship 75021 is on sale for $104.99 Canadian, don't know if I should bite (to go with my AT-TE or should I save my money for January

They are both on retired list I think. If you want them I would grab them soon. They are not all that spectacular unless you really love the Prequel. (I love the Gunship) but I would save my money for the UCS Slave 1 if I have to pick.

chimster

They are both on retired list I think. If you want them I would grab them soon. They are not all that spectacular unless you really love the Prequel. (I love the Gunship) but I would save my money for the UCS Slave 1 if I have to pick.

thanks, I think I will save it for the UCS

Rootbeer

Banned
I don't check toysrus.com as often as I should, but was poking around today and they have a lot of 2015 sets including star wars in stock and ready to ship.

NOT pre-orders!

And if you have shoprunner some are even eligible for their 2 day shipping

the "pick-up in store" stock checker is active for most of them too. Some already sold out at my local store, including TIE and the Imperial Troop Transport (the later is also sold out on amazon right now. lots of people looking to army build the Rebels Storm Troopers)

If only TRU didn't have such a shitty rewards program...

Rootbeer

Banned
I notice there is a new series named "Be Cool, Scooby Doo" hitting Cartoon Network in 2015.

In case anyone was wondering what iteration the sets might be based on.

This is the 12th version.

mojiimbo

I don't check toysrus.com as often as I should, but was poking around today and they have a lot of 2015 sets including star wars in stock and ready to ship.

NOT pre-orders!

And if you have shoprunner some are even eligible for their 2 day shipping

the "pick-up in store" stock checker is active for most of them too. Some already sold out at my local store, including TIE and the Imperial Troop Transport (the later is also sold out on amazon right now. lots of people looking to army build the Rebels Storm Troopers)

If only TRU didn't have such a shitty rewards program...
There's a good chance that everything except Slave 1, Detective's Office and Birds should be on the floor starting the 29th at Lego Stores. I would try giving yours a call if you're interested to make sure they have stuff in so you don't waste a trip, though.

I'd probably just wait for the 1st so I could get the polybags.

I notice there is a new series named "Be Cool, Scooby Doo" hitting Cartoon Network in 2015.

In case anyone was wondering what iteration the sets might be based on.

This is the 12th version.

Thank goodness that version has the same basic design elements almost all versions have.
I'm also extremely thankful they minifig shapes are fixed so they don't make them as ugly as the new cartoon designs.
The only thing I'm scared about is LEGO may do some Star Wars Clone Wars eyes and make the minifigs ugly.

Be_Cool%2C_Scooby-Doo%21_character_redesigns.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
There's a good chance that everything except Slave 1, Detective's Office and Birds should be on the floor starting the 29th at Lego Stores. I would try giving yours a call if you're interested to make sure they have stuff in so you don't waste a trip, though.

I'd probably just wait for the 1st so I could get the polybags.

I hope they hold to the Jan 1st date cause I don't want to waltz into my LEGO store Thurs morning and find all the sets I want gone. :(

I already have said trip on my agenda this week.

Going to call them this morning when they open just to reconfirm that they won't be selling the 2015 stuff on Mon or Tues. :(

My current plan is toe make an online order late at night on the 31st then go into my local B&M LEGO store after work on the 1st to pick up some extra stuff, mostly because I have some gift cards to Macy's I also need to use that day and they are next to each other.

Ponn

Banned
[/img]]*sigh*
Is there anything I can do about all these cracked Legos? I'm finding more and more of these as I sort that have cracked and lost all of their ability to hold other Legos to them...

The ONE THING I dont like about Technic Legos. And seeing the little grey spacing pieces in the sets I got for Christmas, it doesn't look like its an issue they ever fixed.

Good excuse to buy more sets to replace them. You can also use the cracked ones for a walk of death to torture your enemies.

I'm thinking we need an official "Swooshability" scale. Like 1 is a rock sitting there and 10 is chasing your cat around the house going pew pew.

Experien

Yesterday my Target looked picked clean but did see the Microfighter dropship, Droid tank, and the 2 small swamp sets...not much yet.

Such a hard choice.... modular or slave 1? I just dont know. I do know that depending on what the tie fighter UCS set looks like, I will probably get that on May 4th.... but hmmm.....

Holy shit. I finally managed to sort through the absolute vast majority of my technic legos.... Why have I not done this before!? Took all of about five minutes to locate every piece and assemble Tahu, and then another four to build the ice bohrok.

I'm.... I'm in heaven. &_&

ruxtpin

Banned
Local shop didn't have the new stuff out, but they did have the blue freight train set at a $50 dollar discount due to damaged box. I snagged with a quickness.

R-User!

Lego-gaf, the combined forces of this thread and christmas gave me a dream about shopping for legos. I was looking at a display that was a bunch of sets that don't actually exist mixed in with a handful of collectible minifigures and LOTR/hobbit sets (some of which were either in clearly mislabelled packaging, like the dol guldur sets actually containing subsections of orthanc, or came already-built inside ornate packaging). it was
strange.

Why am i such a boring person? I haven't had a good and horrifying nightmare in ages, yet I dream about toy shopping. I think I had an amiibo dream earlier this week too. damn materialism. something someting desire is the source of suffering something something possessions are an illusion.

also I got the falcon and an x wing for christmas.

i guess i collect star wars sets now.

Facisnating...

R-User!

Most of the CITY Arctic sets should be around for a while, the exceptions being the retailer exclusives - 60064 Arctic Supply Plane (which is now Sold Out) and 60062 Arctic Icebreaker (which is getting a stock refresh in early January).

Also, I don't think that NorthAm shops are getting the Demolition sets until late February, or early March. They will be available in Europe/UK on
January 1st though.

The only Arctic set that I have is 60062, which covers a lot of the exclusive elements from the Arctic subtheme.

jcD6X4y.jpg

I'm debating whether I should pick up any more from this subtheme.

Honestly, if you have the Ice Breaker, you're pretty much good to go on the theme... :)

I read LEGO is increasing baseplate prices to 7.99 now

C'mon son.

This is happening.

Is this supposed to be out yet?

Well hello there!

Norfair

Dangit. I called my local lego store and they said they were releasing Slave 1 today. I was really hoping to have a leisurely trip there on New Years Day getting my daughter out of my wife's hair for a few hours. Now the urge to go there tonight is rising. Stupid early street dates.

Rootbeer

Banned
called my LEGO store earlier this morning after peteykirch posted his haul (awesome score btw!)

they reconfirmed not until Jan 1st, they told me they aren't expecting their 2015 stuff until LITERALLY in a shipment that morning and so that's why they can't sell it early.

so I can't even call the night before to make sure they'll have certain sets. I'm sorta walking in blind when I head there Thurs morning.

(it's okay though -- i'm ordering Slave I on S@H to be safe.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom