• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkgoo

I just got infearno's interception or whatever it's called.

One of my favourite models. It looks cool and has a bunch of cool play features infearno as a minifig seems awesomely over the top as well. The only sour point is the agent himself is kind of boring.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Braced the frigid cod and snow.

Got...

D78deRD.jpg

Ravek

Banned
Which minifigs come with the double decker couch? Seems like a good set to get for the minifigs considering I never got any movie-based Lego.

Also, thinking of frigid cods amused me. Bless you, sir.

Benny, Lord Buisness, Emmet, Sitting UniKitty, and Ghost Vitrivious.

mrkgoo

Benny, Lord Buisness, Emmet, Sitting UniKitty, and Ghost Vitrivious.

Sweet thanks. I could make out all except lord business, although i assumed it was.

Only really want emmet and unikitty (my daughter would get a kick out of them). Hmmm.

robochimp

I just finished turning a TIE advanced prototype into a final TIE advanced. I melded the new set with set 8017. It really wasn't too bad as all the dimensions for the cockpit area are about the same and the little partial curved area coming out the back of the prototype matches exactly where the full curved area jutting out of Vader's TIE is.

I could pretty easily include a firing mechanism like the prototype's but that will be for another day.

UxBWjlW.jpg

4aLYLd0.jpg

VsbTkZi.jpg

2YfGFye.jpg

Yeah, they are still unreasonably expensive IMO, given how many CMFs that have been released. Hopefully now that they are showing up (in grey) in the minifig cubes, maybe LEGO will start making them more available. I would love to see this part in trans-clear.

Excellent idea! For $4, they should start doing stuff like that for CMFs. They've made larger trans plates from acrylic so it should be good for CMF plate.

Taken from FBTB....looks like that Batman movie is available for pre-order.

Love the Bizarro Batman fig it comes with!
Bizarro-Batman.jpg

I'm gonna risk not getting it by not pre-ordering. It seems like those video stuff comes out and hangs around for a bit then goes on sale with the minifig still available. I'll wait for it to go on sale or a better price. *while being nervous the whole time that I may miss out*

You know the 4 x 2 black flat tiles that come with mini figs.... are they usually in stock on the pick a brick wall? I need a few dozen.

They're not 4x2, they're 4x3. And I need... roughly 180 of them. Amateur :D

I do seem to remember them being cheaper back when I bought a bunch for extra figure stands. I think I'll need to scavenge a bunch from my displays.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I forget, did you actually break your "mix the bags" rule for Tumbler? I know you mentioned not doing it, but I am not sure if you followed through on keeping things sorted.

Tumbler I just did by bag numbers. The groupings were small enough that I coudl dump them into a small tub and was fine.

That was too much black, Probably still be working on it if I mixed everything.

Slave 1 is sorted, and ready to build.

XmdqhxD.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome! Where did you pick them up? Lego store or another store?

I just came from LEGO store here in Califronia. I left empty handed because I'm waiting until Jan 1st to get all the free giveaways with purchases.

They had all the new sets out except for Series 13 of CMFs. Slave 1, Detective Office, etc.

Man, there is a TON of sets I want. I've also noticed there are a TON of sub $15 sets. I thought I'd never get to the point where I felt I had too many minifigures. I'm sure I'm under 1000, but I probably will get over 1000 in 2015. :(

Rootbeer

Banned

I just came from LEGO store here in Califronia. I left empty handed because I'm waiting until Jan 1st to get all the free giveaways with purchases.

They had all the new sets out except for Series 13 of CMFs. Slave 1, Detective Office, etc.

Man, there is a TON of sets I want. I've also noticed there are a TON of sub $15 sets. I thought I'd never get to the point where I felt I had too many minifigures. I'm sure I'm under 1000, but I probably will get over 1000 in 2015. :(
do you use brickset? it keeps track of how many minifigs you have! I'm at 1300, soon to be around 1320(ish?)

Those really racked up fast, too. Only been buying since 2012.

My LEGO Jan 2015 Catalog arrived. it has a 10% off any chima set coupon inside, so FYI on that guys. Also something interesting: The Death Star is featured very prominently in the catalog so I think that's a clear sign it won't be discontinued soon, at least not the first half of this year, or they wouldn't give it such a spotlight IMO.

Nintendad

I'm in California right now and might hit up the LEGO store over at downtown Disney.

do you use brickset? it keeps track of how many minifigs you have! I'm at 1300, soon to be around 1320(ish?)

My LEGO Jan 2015 Catalog arrived. it has a 10% off any chima set coupon inside, so FYI on that guys. Also something interesting: The Death Star is featured very prominently in the catalog so I think that's a clear sign it won't be discontinued soon, at least not the first half of this year, or they wouldn't give it such a spotlight IMO.

I started around late 2011. The Super Hero theme was the final straw that made me want to get LEGO again. I think Lex Power Armor was my first super hero set. I'm sure I picked up a few small sets for myself leading up to that.

As for Brickset I started to enter sets, but I've been so busy just sorting and organizing what I have. Eventually I'll update it, but I have no idea of how many duplicate sets I have for some. Also, I have no idea on the number of ones I bought from Bricklink or eBay. CMFs probably pushes me over 1000 from all the duplicates.

I would interpret the Death Star catalog feature as a sign it will be going soon. :) They really need to update it with new minfigs.

I'm in California right now and might hit up the LEGO store over at downtown Disney.

And...whatcha get? :)

Just finished adding all the Lego sets that I'm *fairly* certain I have to Brickset. Apparently, just in the ones I'm sure I have most of the pieces to, I have $900 worth of Lego.

Hopefully it doesn't take near that much to replace cracked pieces.

Ryuuroden

Slave 1 is sorted, and ready to build.

XmdqhxD.jpg

U crazy.

If I were to do that I definitely would not put it in a bin like that, every time I searched around in the bin, my mind would be seeing all the scratches being formed on the plastic. That doesn't mean I do not store my Lego in bins, I do, just not large ones and I sort by type to minimize the shuffling around of all the bricks.

I am at 3173 minifigs and counting (I have a couple new sets I have not yet added to brickset.)

I would say that means they are trying to get rid of the remaining stock. That is how I would interpret the featuring of the Death Star.

Nintendad

I started around late 2011. The Super Hero theme was the final straw that made me want to get LEGO again. I think Lex Power Armor was my first super hero set. I'm sure I picked up a few small sets for myself leading up to that.

As for Brickset I started to enter sets, but I've been so busy just sorting and organizing what I have. Eventually I'll update it, but I have no idea of how many duplicate sets I have for some. Also, I have no idea on the number of ones I bought from Bricklink or eBay. CMFs probably pushes me over 1000 from all the duplicates.

I would interpret the Death Star catalog feature as a sign it will be going soon. :) They really need to update it with new minfigs.

And...whatcha get? :)

Didn't make it to Downtown Disney. We're gonna hit up Target instead. My son is very excited that I'm now really into LEGO. I never played with them growing up and really got into them thanks to Points of Articulation Podcast. Plus my son was really into the LEGO movie and now is in love LEGO.

Ryuuroden

That's not mad.

Doing it to the Death Star was mad.
Udehy.jpg

Hey you cheated, that's partially sorted :p

anyways, I was thinking about this as I have been sorting my 30,000 some new bricks into my drawers and containers. I was wondering when the studies showing building LEGO helps lower the odds you develop Alzheimers, will come out. I mean, all that shape finding and color separation and spacial skills used when you build have to help stimulate the brain just like music does. Scientists should get on researching that.

Hey you cheated, that's partially sorted :p

anyways, I was thinking about this as I have been sorting my 30,000 some new bricks into my drawers and containers. I was wondering when the studies showing building LEGO helps lower the odds you develop Alzheimers, will come out. I mean, all that shape finding and color separation and spacial skills used when you build have to help stimulate the brain just like music does. Scientists should get on researching that.

They should also study AFOLs for carpal tunnel syndrome. :p

Ponn

Banned
Okay Lego-GAF, I think its time. If i'm feeling ok in the morning i think i'm finally going to crack open the Sea Cow and put her together. is anyone else going to bring in the New Year putting together a set?

Ryuuroden

Okay Lego-GAF, I think its time. If i'm feeling ok in the morning i think i'm finally going to crack open the Sea Cow and put her together. is anyone else going to bring in the New Year putting together a set?

I could either work on Orthanc MOC or build UCS Red 5 X-wing or Mini Cooper or Batman Tumbler. Thing is, I would totally have to finish them (whichever one I started) on New Years Eve because I am totally building Detective Office on New Years Day before the OSU/Alabama game.

If I finish the four main pinnacles of Orthanc tonight while watching episodes of Gintama, I may build one of those 3 sets tomorrow

hunchback

Need a suggestion. Just finished Grand Emporium. It looks nice but was easy. Can you recommend a more challenging set? Theme can vary. Happy New Year to everyone.

neonglow

Need a suggestion. Just finished Grand Emporium. It looks nice but was easy. Can you recommend a more challenging set? Theme can vary. Happy New Year to everyone.

You could try one of the Technic models or a regular LEGO set with a Technic frame. Tumbler and Sandcrawler with be sets with a Technic frame with some interesting SNOT building.

F4B99C16-17FB-4D07-9031-E59560E53124.jpg

(I mixed the bags too!)

Madmen everywhere mixing bags!

That set and Green Lantern will be my first Super Hero sets that I buy in 2015.

I like the way the new capes are soft, but I hate the thickness around the neck area. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Bonus is no more wrinkled capes and you can leave the capes on when having them sit down in a car or spaceship.

I really like those mini figures. I might have to get that one. I'm torn between that and the Lego movie doube decker couch.

Double Decker is 1/2 the price plus your kid will like it a lot more. Then you buy the Super Hero set for yourself saying your kid already got a set. Win-win.

Ponn

Banned
I could either work on Orthanc MOC or build UCS Red 5 X-wing or Mini Cooper or Batman Tumbler. Thing is, I would totally have to finish them (whichever one I started) on New Years Eve because I am totally building Detective Office on New Years Day before the OSU/Alabama game.

If I finish the four main pinnacles of Orthanc tonight while watching episodes of Gintama, I may build one of those 3 sets tomorrow

I would probably go with something besides Tumbler. You have to be getting tired of black bricks by now.

neonglow

Besides LEGO Ideas Birds, Slave 1 and Detective's Office, are there any other must have sets to order for the 1st?

I'll probably get 2 Birds sets and add some small Star Wars and Friends sets to get all 3 promos. I was thinking of making a 2nd order but nothing comes to mind.

ghostmind

Jurassic World sets:

75915 Pteranodon Capture
75916 Dilophosaurus Ambush
75917 Raptor Rampage
75918 T-Rex Tracker
75919 Ultra Dino
75920 Raptor Escape

Jurassic World sets:

75915 Pteranodon Capture
75916 Dilophosaurus Ambush
75917 Raptor Rampage
75918 T-Rex Tracker
75919 Ultra Dino
75920 Raptor Escape

Damn. Sincerely doubt there's a Triceratops in any of those sets. Do movie themes (other than Star Wars) ever get multiple waves?

Looks like it'll be:

75915 Pteranodon Capture - pteranodon
75916 Dilophosaurus Ambush - dilophosaur (I'd guess the weird small dino but with a new head mould and a neck flap)
75917 Raptor Rampage - 2 of the 4 raptors that were leaked
75918 T-Rex Tracker - T-Rex
75919 Ultra Dino - Diablos Rex
75920 Raptor Escape - the other 2 raptors

Just finished building the Mini Cooper. Its really great, and I'm not even a car lover. The design is fantastic, there's a lot of clever part uses, and it just oozes personality. The only two things I don't like is the giant wheel that touches the seat and the overuse of stickers.
I really dont like stickers.

Tomorrow I'll organize a list of my top five 2014 sets (and a few other lists) as I feel I finally have enough sets to do a legitimate one.

Ponn

Banned
I decided on Lego Birds, Brainiac Attacks and AT-AT Microfighter for Jan 1st order. I might throw a couple new minifig packs in the order. I rarely go into Target so I figure might as well as get Brainiac through Lego.

Besides LEGO Ideas Birds, Slave 1 and Detective's Office, are there any other must have sets to order for the 1st?

I'll probably get 2 Birds sets and add some small Star Wars and Friends sets to get all 3 promos. I was thinking of making a 2nd order but nothing comes to mind.

Mixels. Always Mixels.

Just finished building the Mini Cooper. Its really great, and I'm not even a car lover. The design is fantastic, there's a lot of clever part uses, and it just oozes personality. The only two things I don't like is the giant wheel that touches the seat and the overuse of stickers.
I really dont like stickers.

Tomorrow I'll organize a list of my top five 2014 sets (and a few other lists) as I feel I finally have enough sets to do a legitimate one.

Mini Cooper really is aces all the way through. The stickers are a turn off, but everything else is absolutely tip top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom