• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay what the hell is a model? I've never heard the term before this thread.

Anyway, double combo! Got my new a6000 (a MUCH nicer feeling package over my a5000), and took a whole bunch of photos of the builds in the Lego store, including on that I -really- like where a kid reached into the pick a brick right as I was about to snap the photo. I'm not home, so Ill have to wait till later to LightRoom it up, but I'm pretty happy with what I got, I think. (watch half of em be out of focus or some shit)

ruxtpin

Banned
You know you have it bad when your dreams involve a store selling sets that went OOP 20+ years ago. I dreamt that I found a place selling Blacktron, Magnetron and Dragon Knights. I woke up disappointed.

You know you have it bad when your dreams involve a store selling sets that went OOP 20+ years ago. I dreamt that I found a place selling Blacktron, Magnetron and Dragon Knights. I woke up disappointed.

I'm so glad I'm not the only lego-gaf person whose grasp on sanity is tenuous enough to have dreams about toy shopping.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
was tempted to go to the lego store today and see if they had slave I available (at least for VIP wink wink...) but it is COLD HERE and I didn't want to deal with new years eve stuff.... so I'll go tomorrow I guess.

Was at target though and they basically had most of the star wars sets out.. was tempted but realized it is pointless to grab it at target when I can get 5% back at lego...

will probably get at least Skyhopper and TIE Advance Proto.. Skyhopper for the sandperson minifig and TIE because it looks like an awesome model and for the inquisitor minifig.

really want Detective Office also... but that will be around so I might just go with another modular instead.. what's the most likely next to be retired?

I got Jabba's Barge for christmas.. funny because I always thought it looked cool but there was nothing screaming "buy me!!!!" to me. so it just sat there on the shelves.. so my wife and daughter bought it for me.. I put it together.. and while nothing still screams "BUY ME!" I have to say it's one of the more interesting and fun kits I've put together. some really cool stuff going on and it's an actual genuine toy playset. I mean you can actually really play with it both as a vehicle and a playset. So while it isn't the most sought after set.. I can't see anyone ever being disappointed with putting it together (and/or playing with it). Even over multiple builds.

I have $120 in Lego Points that were going to expire today. I really wanted to get the new modular, but that doesn't go on sale until midnight, the same time my points expire :(

It's all good though, because I got the Mixer instead! I'm getting it in preparation for the Ferris Wheel later this summer. It only cost me $30 so I'll take it.

I have $120 in Lego Points that were going to expire today. I really wanted to get the new modular, but that doesn't go on sale until midnight, the same time my points expire :(

It's all good though, because I got the Mixer instead! I'm getting it in preparation for the Ferris Wheel later this summer. It only cost me $30 so I'll take it.
Redeeming my $125 of ViP toward the modular. Wish I could make a cart to save for midnight then just hit submit.

AlexMogil

Got my Simpsons house today. I've been out of Lego for years and years. This thing is... huge.

It's going to be a fun build!

The X-Wing 10240 comes Monday hopefully.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Hi Lego Gaf, first time poster here,

I am trying to rebuild my old childhood sets, been shopping on BrickLInk for the last six days now non stop, like an online poker (gambler) addict. (that site is so archaic,needs a face lift soo bad!)

So long story short!

I am looking for rubber hoses from an old Technic - Pneumatic Set,

ID 5102c50 Hose, Pneumatic 4mm D. 50L and
5102c76 Hose, Pneumatic 4mm D. 76L

I found these in far off corners of Europe (I'm in Canada)

I found the local Canadian Shop on BL I've been shopping on to have lots of Rubber hoses, but none of them that match the 50L or the 76L.

They are many other numbers available, ie:

5102c36 Hose, Pneumatic 4mm D. 36L
or even a
5102c56 Hose, Pneumatic 4mm D. 56L

Can someone explain to me what does the 50L and 76L mean in the Hose, Pneumatic 4mm D. 76L?

Since these are hoses used for air pressure and other precise stuff, I do not want to order the wrong size/part... if they all fit in the same tubes, maybe I can take a chance?
[/IMG]

50L means the hose is 50 studs long. 76L means it's 76 studs long. Depending on the model you might get away with shorter hoses.

EDIT: You can try finding replacement silicone pneumatic hoses/tubing, supposedly used for model airplanes. 2mm internal diameter with a wall thickness of 1mm (outer diameter 4mm). Some technic-minded LEGO fans might sell these still, like this one in the Netherlands - http://www.blokbricks.com/contents/en-us/d2.html

You gotta love a child's complete disregard for what's going on around him.

ibk7bV2ZVWvLM8.jpg

mrkgoo

My son is 5. He'll be 6 in February. He would build with my help for a long time, but today he built a Mixel all by himself. He will often just grab a bucket and build what ever comes to mind. Now he's helping me build the Double Decker Couch.

Sweet can't wait until my child can do the same and we can just go nuts. I still fear mixing all my bricks together at this stage.

50L means the hose is 50 studs long. 76L means it's 76 studs long. Depending on the model you might get away with shorter hoses.

EDIT: You can try finding replacement silicone pneumatic hoses/tubing, supposedly used for model airplanes. 2mm internal diameter with a wall thickness of 1mm (outer diameter 4mm). Some technic-minded LEGO fans might sell these still, like this one in the Netherlands - http://www.blokbricks.com/contents/en-us/d2.html

Awesome I think I can get away with any size, I just wanted to knwo what did the XX L stood for, if it fits in the little faucet tubes tightly without leaking air, I think I am good

Hmm. I can add the Jan 1st items to the basket, but the CMF 13 figures aren't available yet and none of the free extras apply. Guess I'll wait for tomorrow. I'm going to make two orders (Detective's Office, and then PAB + Doubledecker Couch + Hair Salon) to maximise the extras.

Also, the Doubledecker Couch is out of stock before it was even available. Crazy. If the CMF stuff works better tomorrow, I'll add some of those instead of the couch for now.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Awesome I think I can get away with any size, I just wanted to knwo what did the XX L stood for, if it fits in the little faucet tubes tightly without leaking air, I think I am good

Well, the length you choose still needs to be able to get to both ends. Also, old hoses might be brittle and unusable, so it's best to find newer ones if possible.

The Doop

Nearing the end of building the Sea Cow. Such a fun build and geez-Louisey this thing is huge! Thanks to those that cued me into buying it (for my daughter ;) with your Best of 2014 lists.

Ponn

Banned
Nearing the end of building the Sea Cow. Such a fun build and geez-Louisey this thing is huge! Thanks to those that cued me into buying it (for my daughter ;) with your Best of 2014 lists.

I had to put it up after bags 4 started to get one of my headaches. i will try again tomorrrow unless DA Inquisition calls me. I got to admit i was a little bit disappointed when I opened the box and only saw one middle big ship piece. The LoTR Pirate Ambush came with 3. Granted it was a pretty flat ship, more like a barge but i'm hoping it fills out more. I'm really digging the cannons and detail though. If i do make a Final Fantasy Airship moc I might want to use an extra middle ship piece.

So i'm wondering how many here are using New Years Eve as an excuse to be up and make their S@H orders at midnight.

So i'm wondering how many here are using New Years Eve as an excuse to be up and make their S@H orders at midnight.

Yup, I'm in that boat. My wife & I are ayaying this year and I'll be putting my daughter to bed in a few minutes.

I think my S@H order will consist of...

- Ideas Birds
- SW Ezra speeder bike
- 3 series 13 minifigs

That'll help me clear $75 for free shipping and receive two bonus sets.

Anyone aware of a cheap alternative for any tubing like this? It's the size the minifig hands and clips fit.

Hose, Rigid 3mm D. 33L / 26.4cm
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=75c33

Ryuuroden

More Orthanc pictures. I have revised the spires. Still have more work to do on it all (adding more smaller spikes/claws and texture, etc.)

16135668616_801ac6fb94_h.jpg

16159566541_6835fb30a3_h.jpg

Back view showing interior, You will notice the final floor is finished all the way around the entire build....
15539111594_7e40e6f2b0_h.jpg

But look, the walls swing open, showing the interior of the Observation deck

16159551661_aa9bc753ac_h.jpg

And here is the top of the steps you see starting at the observation deck, they go all the way up to the very top of the tower. I am considering cheese slope sideways tiling the entire top.

15539102144_a220bee547_h.jpg

Attention to details even in spots no one will ever see.

Kids are fast asleep. We were visiting friends and took advantage of the Netflix "fake countdown" to make an early exit at 10.

My wife has just gotten home after stopping in at another friend's house, and I spent the free time doing the appropriate thing: building a stand for the Rebels TIE ship.

Happy New Year LEGO-GAF!

ruxtpin

Banned
When its with the rest of the build, they don't look as big. A good 4-5 feet of it is missing in those pictures.

Can't wait to see this posted all over the front pages of EB, Brothers Brick, and the main OT forum on Neogaf once you're finished Ryu. It's looking fantastic.

Ryuuroden

Can't wait to see this posted all over the front pages of EB, Brothers Brick, and the main OT forum on Neogaf once you're finished Ryu. It's looking fantastic.

It would be pretty cool if it got on Brothers Brick, the MOC's that get on there are always so amazing. I do plan on getting access to a photo studio when its done to take pictures.

woodypop

Kids are fast asleep. We were visiting friends and took advantage of the Netflix "fake countdown" to make an early exit at 10.

My wife has just gotten home after stopping in at another friend's house, and I spent the free time doing the appropriate thing: building a stand for the Rebels TIE ship.

Happy New Year LEGO-GAF!
Those shelves look great! Where'd you get?

Rootbeer

Banned
I really have to shower before heading out later...

dare I risk it now? I'm on a tight schedule >.< was sleeping earlier, couldn't help it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom