• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karakato_001

Neo Member
Braced the frigid cod and snow.

Got...

D78deRD.jpg

I was hoping they'd include a mini Metal beard in one of the smaller sets or at least give him his own polybag.

Nintendad

I took my son up to Target and no signs of any new sets what so ever. He wanted the Beginners Spider-Man and Venom set, but put that down as soon as he saw they had Mixels in stock. He's hooked on those things and I can't blame him. So we put Spider-Man down since I told him we're getting a few sets on New Years. His name is Dash so he always talks about how he's really The Flash. I need to get him a Flash Mini Figure, and soon!

A cleaner version of the February calendar:

Awesome. I'll probably go to a few of those with my boys and we'll be getting the demolition Driller too!

Nintendad

Helped my son build some of his Lego today. Some pretty neat sets.

Great work! I've found myself feeling less and less interested in playing video games now that my son is really into LEGO. We are building lego any chance we get and will often do it at night before bed too. Just grab some pieces out of a bucket and start building until we hear mommy.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
About half of slave one done. OK build so far, I think the interesting stuff will come tomorrow.

Did not get the Jabba's Palace set, so had not seen the carbonite case for Solo. Really let down that there's no back to it. Just seems like such a big oversight not to make a plate backer piece for it.

About half of slave one done. OK build so far, I think the interesting stuff will come tomorrow.

Did not get the Jabba's Palace set, so had not seen the carbonite case for Solo. Really let down that there's no back to it. Just seems like such a big oversight not to make a plate backer piece for it.

Isn't it designed to hold a mini fig in the back? I don't have it, so I am not sure.

Great work! I've found myself feeling less and less interested in playing video games now that my son is really into LEGO. We are building lego any chance we get and will often do it at night before bed too. Just grab some pieces out of a bucket and start building until we hear mommy.

My boy has only just turned 4, so he's mainly into the minifigs and playing with the Lego once it's built. So I get him to make the figs and help find the pieces for me. I also build my Lego vehicles mirrored, so they can drive on Australian roads. ;)

He goes crazy with his Duplo though and makes as many spaceships as he can.

Rootbeer

Banned
Just saw a LEGO haul video where someone found the valentines set in LEGO stores already

No surprise since I was at my local LEGO store around Jan 1st of last year and found the Valentines Bear in stock then, but still cool!

I'm glad they are going with minifig-based sets this year again.

My boy has only just turned 4, so he's mainly into the minifigs and playing with the Lego once it's built. So I get him to make the figs and help find the pieces for me. I also build my Lego vehicles mirrored, so they can drive on Australian roads. ;)

He goes crazy with his Duplo though and makes as many spaceships as he can.
This sounds a lot like my son too. He's 5, and although he appreciates the building process (he keeps telling me he can't believe all this is built out of just Lego), he's got a super short attention span for it.

I bought myself the Milano yesterday, and as soon as he saw it he was begging me to build it with him. Once we started though, he was only interested in playing with the Starlord minifig while I did all the building. :)

He's always building crazy stuff with his Duplo though.

He got a lot of larger sets for Christmas this year from various relatives, but I think in the future we'll get him smaller sets that are quick to build but with cool minifigs to play with.

This sounds a lot like my son too. He's 5, and although he appreciates the building process (he keeps telling me he can't believe all this is built out of just Lego), he's got a super short attention span for it.

I bought myself the Milano yesterday, and as soon as he saw it he was begging me to build it with him. Once we started though, he was only interested in playing with the Starlord minifig while I did all the building. :)

He got a lot of larger sets for Christmas this year from various relatives, but I think in the future we'll get him smaller sets that are quick to build but with cool minifigs to play with.
Did you take the Ronan figure after finishing and have a dance off with his Star Lord figure?

I just did this. 3 managers later and it was a go.

Thanks for the heads up. The lady at the till was even impressed by the savings. :D

Just another follow-up on this:
The AT-AT was also priced at $64 Canadian on their site. One manager later and I got myself an AT-AT to trample my modular citizens!

Rootbeer

Banned
local target still OVERFLOWING with CMF S12... never seen anything quite like this. They must have at least 1000 minifigs on the shelf easily.

Crossing my fingers they will discount them below the already low $2.50

hunchback

Lego customer service must be in a good mood. I haven't bought anything from Lego.com in over a year. I placed a order over the phone so I could request a new VIP card. The customer service person added a lego flower wagon and one bag of series 12 mini figures. That is really nice customer service.

local target still OVERFLOWING with CMF S12... never seen anything quite like this. They must have at least 1000 minifigs on the shelf easily.

Crossing my fingers they will discount them below the already low $2.50

I keep checking for S13 and 2015 sets with no luck. I did grab some friends and duplo polybags marked 70% off for party favors.

I haven't made any of the LEGO modular sets yet, but I'm intrigued by the Detective Office. It is going to be really hard resisting it. I have to say my favorite set I've built so far has been the Sea Cow. It had a lot of fun building tactics with little repitition. Are the modulars like that?

Modulars are naturally more repetitive since there are plenty of walls, but there's also tons and tons of neat techniques used, and since they depict actual items rather than "fantasy" like the Sea Cow, there are plenty of cool surprises. They are all highly recommended.

And in case I'm busy for the next few hours, happy new year! May 2015 bring us fewer essential sets to buy!

Ryuuroden

AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHH

AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

I just finished one of the pinacles for Orthanc and then tried to put the top on......MY CEILING IS TOO SHORT BY LIKE 1 or 2 INCHES. So its like 8 foot 5...... damn you all who were hoping it would reach ceiling....I have to modify it somehow cause I want to display it in house as well.

mrkgoo

How old is your son?

My daughter loves to play with Lego players but isn't able to build anything really. She's ok with her diploma though.

AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHH

AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

I just finished one of the pinacles for Orthanc and then tried to put the top on......MY CEILING IS TOO SHORT BY LIKE 1 or 2 INCHES. So its like 8 foot 5...... damn you all who were hoping it would reach ceiling....I have to modify it somehow cause I want to display it in house as well.

When I read your screams I was convinced it had fallen over. It is a New Year's Eve miracle.

Cut a hole in your ceiling.

AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHH

AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

2XrQ8Xc.gif

CALLED IT! HAHAHAHAHAH!

Rootbeer

Banned
Gotta catch some Z's then wake up later this evening to place my S@H order o_O

I've decided to pass on the Birds set, though this time I won't regret it like I did with Research Institute (subsequently corrected this.) I've made peace with my choice!

For me it will be Slave I, Friends Air Balloon and maybe one more set for my S@H order. Then, heading into my local branch to pick up Series 13 minifigs, hopefully some Pick A Brick (pending selection available, very hit or miss for me), Mixels (?? I guess these will be out?), and small assortment of SW & DC sets.

Kicking off the New Year right. Saving plenty for Feb & March orders. Haven't fully decided to push my Detective Agency purchase till then... we'll see.

AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHH

AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

Remodel your house. Think of it as raising the roof for the Orthanc completion party.

I'm glad it's just the age and not my boy. We haven't bought him any big sets yet and mainly get the City ones, because they are cheaper. He just plays with mine all the time instead.

Ryuuroden

It looks odd with just one Spire but I have to wait for some parts before I can do the rest. Also it may be too big (not in height but in how long horizontally is is. I won't really know till I build the companion spires). You can see even the single spire that is attached is not completely finished either.

It looks odd with just one Spire but I have to wait for some parts before I can do the rest. Also it may be too big (not in height but in how long horizontally is is. I won't really know till I build the companion spires). You can see even the single spire that is attached is not completely finished either.

Man oh man....amazing stuff Ryuuroden.

That is ridiculous.....ridiculously awesome!!

I'm glad it's just the age and not my boy. We haven't bought him any big sets yet and mainly get the City ones, because they are cheaper. He just plays with mine all the time instead.
I felt the same way reading your post as well! "Oh, it's not just him, that's good!" :)

Almost every set he has is partially built, it's rare that he completes a build. The sets aren't particularly big, but he gets bored after about 15 minutes of following the instructions, so they never get completed. He's always playing with minifigs though. He takes them apart completely (separates head, body, hands, and legs) and rebuilds all kinds of crazy combinations to make up his own characters. I wish we got minifig polybags here in Australia, because I would get him a bunch of those and he'd be over the moon. He likes MOCing (well, 5-year-old MOCing) with his Duplo and my box of old random pieces too.

So yeah, the penny dropped for me yesterday. I was looking at all his half-built sets and wondering if he's just lost interest, but then I saw him playing with the minifigs, my completed builds, and building his own spaceships, and I realised that he's just not that interested in following the instructions! :)

e7afdd1f8d.gif

You are right, the proportions are a bit off. Seems like it should be 1-2 inches longer. :)

TWSS

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Finished Slave 1. It's huge and it looks absolutely fantastic.

I will say that it's not as entertaining a build as I thought it would be. Nothing all that clever build wise, just very standard.

Ponn

Banned

Yea I don't want to critique or take anything away from the simply amazing job you are doing on this project...BUT....yea the proportions are off on that spire. It looks like that fin head villain from He-Man. I hate to say it but I think you might have tried to compensate for your ceiling to much. It's time for your ceiling to go.

The spires look ominous because of their sleek longer talon-like look. Could you maybe cut out part of the ceiling and put in like a sun roof type of thing to make room?

Nintendad

How old is your son?

My daughter loves to play with Lego players but isn't able to build anything really. She's ok with her diploma though.

My son is 5. He'll be 6 in February. He would build with my help for a long time, but today he built a Mixel all by himself. He will often just grab a bucket and build what ever comes to mind. Now he's helping me build the Double Decker Couch.

Ryuuroden

Yea I don't want to critique or take anything away from the simply amazing job you are doing on this project...BUT....yea the proportions are off on that spire. It looks like that fin head villain from He-Man. I hate to say it but I think you might have tried to compensate for your ceiling to much. It's time for your ceiling to go.

The spires look ominous because of their sleek longer talon-like look. Could you maybe cut out part of the ceiling and put in like a sun roof type of thing to make room?

Yeah and I still have to add the other talons....time to revise :p I think all I have to do is probably remove 2-3 brick thickness in width and a detachable points at the top so I can display it in house with the points vanishing into the ceiling and attach them when taking them to display at conventions and so on. Right now they extend too far past the bottom of the tower. It is something I actually noticed earlier but I wanted to at least post this version before revising.

Hi Lego Gaf, first time poster here,

I am trying to rebuild my old childhood sets, been shopping on BrickLInk for the last six days now non stop, like an online poker (gambler) addict. (that site is so archaic,needs a face lift soo bad!)

So long story short!

I am looking for rubber hoses from an old Technic - Pneumatic Set,

ID 5102c50 Hose, Pneumatic 4mm D. 50L and
5102c76 Hose, Pneumatic 4mm D. 76L

I found these in far off corners of Europe (I'm in Canada)

I found the local Canadian Shop on BL I've been shopping on to have lots of Rubber hoses, but none of them that match the 50L or the 76L.

They are many other numbers available, ie:

5102c36 Hose, Pneumatic 4mm D. 36L
or even a
5102c56 Hose, Pneumatic 4mm D. 56L

Can someone explain to me what does the 50L and 76L mean in the Hose, Pneumatic 4mm D. 76L?

Since these are hoses used for air pressure and other precise stuff, I do not want to order the wrong size/part... if they all fit in the same tubes, maybe I can take a chance?

Here is some photos for reference

Hoses

5102c16.jpg

5102c36.jpg

going into these parts.

4692.jpg

4701c01.jpg

ghostmind

Elves Summer 2015
41077 Aira’s Pegasus Sleigh
41078 Skyra’s Mysterious Sky Castle

Friends Summer 2015
41098 Emma’s Tourist Kiosk
41099 Heartlake Skate Park
41100 Heartlake Private Jet
41101 Heartlake Grand Hotel
41103 Pop Star Recording Studio
41104 Pop Star Dressing Room
41105 Pop Star Show Stage
41106 Pop Star Tour Bus

CREATOR Summer 2015
31037 Adventure Vehicles
31038 Changing Seasons (supposedly this is the summer CREATOR house)
31039 Blue Power Jet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom