• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_n1pyhhwUV41rlo1q2o1_1280.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Whew! Okay, all clean and ready to par-tay

But LEGO is still cockblocking me. Might have to make my purchase via cellphone.

ghostmind

I'm still holding off until the 3rd, when I can make it to a LEGO store.

Hopefully the UCS Slave I and Detective's Office will be in stock...

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Do we really think the birds are going to sell out? It's a $45 set. That's a lot of dough, especially when the Research Institute was the cheap scalper set.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Aw man. $45 is so much for those...I don't want to miss out on one Ideas set though...;_;

ruxtpin

Banned
I'm gonna run to the local store tomorrow to grab $75 worth of SW stuff and use the Jamuary calendar coupon. May or may not get one of the big sets, might wait until double VIP rolls around.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Coming soon!

That's the LEGO GAF way of saying Happy New Year.

ruxtpin

Banned
Good lord. I went to Brickset and picked out the sets I knew I had off the top of my head. Doesn't include dupes of sets I own or random stuff I've bought on sale... But right now it's sitting at an estimated value/cost of $13,000 dollars. I need to stop.

Coming soon!

That's the LEGO GAF way of saying Happy New Year.

More like, get ready to empty your wallets.

I feel like it's like the movie, Ground Hog Day. Every year, new releases and my wallet is emptied. It always turns out the same no matter what.

Toxi

Banned
Those birds are so beautiful... I supported the original idea on Cusoo and had no idea it was really getting made.

The creator chose a really good selection too.

There goes 45 bucks.

My wife has taken the kids for a sleepover at her parent's place (no, I'm not in trouble, it's all above-board!), so for the first time in I-have-no-idea-how-long, I have the house to myself.

I shall be completing the Milano, and possibly the Snowspeeder, and I shall also possibly destroy the Model Team Wheel 'n' Whirl so I can start the alternate build or maybe the single-image-"try-this-sucka" build pictured on the manual. Whatever happens, it shall be a night of creation and destruction!

So LegoGAF, what do you like to do when building? Ambient music, rockin music, TV shows, movies, podcasts, audiobooks, or possibly even contemplative silence? What should the background of my Lego marathon be?

neonglow

My wife has taken the kids for a sleepover at her parent's place (no, I'm not in trouble, it's all above-board!), so for the first time in I-have-no-idea-how-long, I have the house to myself.

I shall be completing the Milano, and possibly the Snowspeeder, and I shall also possibly destroy the Model Team Wheel 'n' Whirl so I can start the alternate build or maybe the single-image-"try-this-sucka" build pictured on the manual. Whatever happens, it shall be a night of creation and destruction!

So LegoGAF, what do you like to do when building? Ambient music, rockin music, TV shows, movies, podcasts, audiobooks, or possibly even contemplative silence? What should the background of my Lego marathon be?

I usually have a documentary from Netflix on during building. I can focus on building while listening to some facts about a random topic.

I'm gonna try and stay up waiting for the website to refresh.

I just watched the Guardians of the Galaxy again with the wife. The Milano is just as perfect in Lego form as she is on screen.

Buildingwise, I normally just build my big sets late at night while listening to music. Sometimes in front of the tellie but that's rare. Smaller sets get built with my son, so that he can enjoy it as much as I do.

Wow, about 1/3 of the way through the Milano. Great build so far, but then that pilot chair. So slick, so good.

Ended up putting on some Louis CK stand up on Netflix while I build. Having a good time so far :)

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
damn you guys are really selling me on that milano... just having watched GotG again as well.

heading to LEGO at 11am. I can't believe they will be sold out of Birds or Slave I. Going to pass on Detective Office for now, as gorgeous as it looks. Anything else star wars will just be icing as I can pick that up during the year at target or TRU sales..

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Heh. I just woke up. First thing I did was check the Lego website. I feel bad for all you guys who stayed up F5ing.

Went to Westfield Stratford this morning, got there just after they opened and shortly walked out with these;

Boy was it tough to stick to just those, I looked at all the enw creator and SW as well as DA but they need to be spaced out... plenty of time. Slave 1 however does not wait.

Birds is very heave for it's size.

Also picked these up at TRU a few days ago;

Dammit! Since there are so few figures I want out of CMF13 I want to wait, but they're also excellent to pad out an order to reach the free shipping threshold. Either way, they're still not up. I'm guessing noone is working there today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom