• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yeah I'd like to get the Birds for my wife's birthday, but I have a feeling they'll sell out quickly. It's a beautiful set.

Rootbeer

Banned
While I'm not seeing it on S@H (maybe I will after the January stuff goes live) but supposedly LEGO is raising the price on the Tumbler by $50

Yeah no thanks. Was already a stretch at $200 for me, now it's a definite no buy.

(this may only be for Australia, we'll see?)

Went to Westfield Stratford this morning, got there just after they opened and shortly walked out with these;

Boy was it tough to stick to just those, I looked at all the enw creator and SW as well as DA but they need to be spaced out... plenty of time. Slave 1 however does not wait.

Birds is very heave for it's size.

Also picked these up at TRU a few days ago;

The weight comes from the heavy manuals.

FqO0f9LOlcsrm.gif

Good lord, LEGO!

Rootbeer

Banned
Alright LEGO, no more Jan 1st launches.

Launching on a non Holiday when they'll have their senior tech guys around to deal with bullshit is a much better idea.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Got an order of the birds in, but it says will ship in 30 days :/

Oh well, still got them :)

Ordered two Birds sets. Looking forward to it.

Trying to convince myself to just walk out of the store with Slave 1 tomorrow. I don't need to buy it and the new modular do I?

Ordered the Birds, 5 series 13 figs and the SW Rebels Troop Transport (love them stormtroopers).

Yeah, everything says "out of stock", but the same happened back on 8/1/14 when we all ordered the Ideas exo-suit and research labs. Everything shipped normally then.

So what's this about the Tumbler going up in price by $50?

Ordered the Birds, 5 series 13 figs and the SW Rebels Troop Transport (love them stormtroopers).

Yeah, everything says "out of stock", but the same happened back on 8/1/14 when we all ordered the Ideas exo-suit and research labs. Everything shipped normally then.

Okay cool, couldn't believe they could have possibly sold out of everything that fast.

Rootbeer

Banned
So what's this about the Tumbler going up in price by $50?

Several people on brickset were saying the price went up $50 but one said they were in Australia so it must be just there.

Got my order in... had to switch to safari for some reason, chrome dev version is buggy

Aaaand with that all taken care of, leaving for my local LEGO store in an hour. Crossing my fingers that they received all of their stock... but if they did, going to try to get all of Series 13 (but with the 16 pack limit I'm gonna have to be perfect... i'll try my best T__T), and a random assortment of other stuff to get some more free polybags.

Then, as is my tradition after LEGO Store visits, have lunch at panda express. Don't judge me!

Finished the Milano. Took a bit longer than expected, so no other building tonight. It's my first modern set (besides small simple ones with my son) and wow, Lego has really changed since I was a kid. So many cool little ideas, and strange new pieces. I love having all these weird new pieces, I can't wait to try to fit them into a MOC!

I avoided putting the stickers on as I want the flexibility to reuse the pieces for different purposes when MOCing, but I think I'm pretty safe if I put the wing stickers on. It would be hard to use those pieces for things other than a spaceship wing, and they would really add something as the wings are bit plain otherwise. I'm not going to put the stickers on the mini Ronan/Sakaaran ship cockpit, as I can see that piece getting a lot of reuse, and using different orientations too.

Overall, I'm super impressed and can't wait to build my other new sets. I know the Milano was a highly recommended set, so I'm not necessarily expecting the others to be quite as good, but I think I'm just impressed with modern Lego in general.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Gaaah. I really want Birds, I really want the free mini AT-DP, and I really want free shipping, but I don't really want any Star Wars sets and there's nothing I really want enough to fill out the order and get it to $75.
Help

So will the birds set get more shipments later on? I don't have any money at the moment and need to save up over the next few weeks before getting it (Im a poor college student) and am worried that by then it'll be like the research institute

Ponn

Banned
Gaaah. I really want Birds, I really want the free mini AT-DP, and I really want free shipping, but I don't really want any Star Wars sets and there's nothing I really want enough to fill out the order and get it to $75.
Help

New minifig packs and a microfighter should do it.

Where are the new mixels?

Kipp

New minifig packs and a microfighter should do it.

Where are the new mixels?

Not a huge fan of minifigs in general. I do like the AT-AT microfighter quite a bit though, so that's in the Star Wars slot at the moment.
Man, I really don't want to spend $86.32 right now.

Plinko

Also picked up the Double Decker Couch (I want glow-in-the-dark ghost Vitruvius) and Star Wars Snowspeeder on Amazon.

Wow, Minifigures Series 13 may be officially OOS on S@H NA. I received an email saying it was OOS and I checked the site and all of my order items show as "in warehouse" while the figs show as "waiting for new stock".

Christ, everything is on 30 day delay in one hour of the sale launching? Wtf?
Ugh. And now gotta wait for it to charge me until it ships. So gotta make sure that balance stays on my card.

Wait, Slave 1 is already OOS?!

Yeah, and Detective's Office. And Birds.

What a bullshit launch. It goes live at some arbitrary hour, and is OOS almost instantly. I can understand if it went live at a set time and people camped, but damn this is nuts.

I am fine waiting for it, because I still have so much to unpack and set up, and then about ten or so sets to rebuild anyways. I wouldn't be getting to Slave 1 or Detective Office for a few weeks anyways. I am just annoyed at how quick it disappeared and now have to watch my bank account like a hawk to make sure that money is still there for when they do actually charge me, because it could be anytime.

EDIT: Maybe they are saying everything is OOS for today just to make sure they have their inventory levels correct or something.

And I better be getting those damn promo poly bags. That was the whole reason for waiting until today instead of driving to the store yesterday.

Yeah, and Detective's Office. And Birds.

What a bullshit launch. It goes live at some arbitrary hour, and is OOS almost instantly. I can understand if it went live at a set time and people camped, but damn this is nuts.

I am fine waiting for it, because I still have so much to unpack and set up, and then about ten or so sets to rebuild anyways. I wouldn't be getting to Slave 1 or Detective Office for a few weeks anyways. I am just annoyed at how quick it disappeared and now have to watch my bank account like a hawk to make sure that money is still there for when they do actually charge me, because it could be anytime.

It sucks cause I had checked a bit before 7 and didn't see any change so i thought it would go live later like 9 or 10, but yeah. I was looking forward to getting my first UCS set but if I gotta wait then so be it.

If you go to their "What's New" section, and then sort by price with the most expensive stuff first (AKA Slave 1), it looks like 99% of stuff for the first few pages is OOS for 30 days. It has to be a site error or something. I refuse to believe that that many sets that launched today are already sold out. That is ridiculous.

So will the birds set get more shipments later on? I don't have any money at the moment and need to save up over the next few weeks before getting it (Im a poor college student) and am worried that by then it'll be like the research institute

Birds will get more shipments. The Rover sold out quickly but there was little interest in it. I suspect the aftermarket demand for the Research Institute taught TLG a lesson which is why they are repressing it. I'm sure after the initial allocations get sold they will distribute more. Look how readily available the Ghostbusters, BTTF & Exo Suits are.

Anyone have thoughts on the Cloud Cuckoo Palace set? Worth it?

Love it. Tremendous piece selection with cute figures. It was our first Unikitty, which my daughters loved.

EDIT: Maybe they are saying everything is OOS for today just to make sure they have their inventory levels correct or something.

There's no way every single Jan 1 set is OOS. It's just the way they're being reflected on the site now.

Looking at comments on Brickset, it appears that the sets were never available. They all went from "Coming Soon" to "Sold Out". The front page of the S@H screen also reverted back to the old one.

Yeah, it is the IT guys just being hungover or something today.

I should have done two orders just to get two Flower Carts. Oh, well.

Kipp

Does anyone know if the shop at Legoland (Carlsbad, CA if it makes a difference) does the polybag promos as well?
According to the VIP FAQ, VIP points can't get earned or used at Legoland stores (or is it talking about the random concession stands and shops in Legoland rather than the actual LEGO store in Legoland?), so I'm paranoid that other promos may not be valid at Legoland stores as well.
I think I might try my luck at picking up just Birds and the Microfighter AT-AT at Legoland so that I don't have to fill out my cart with things that I don't really want just to get the free shipping.

neonglow

I just woke up after falling asleep around 4AM. I just made 2 orders to get 2 sets of all promotions. I may head out to the retail location to pick up more sets.

Order 1:
21301 Birds
75075 AT-AT
70818 Double-Decker Couch
41092 Stephanie's Pizzeria

Order 2:
21301 Birds
75074 Snowspeeder
70817 Batman & Super-Angry Kitty Attack
41086 Vet Ambulance
31028 Sea Plane

Ponn

Banned
placed one order

Birds
MF AT-AT
2 minifigs (hope they are hot dog guy and unicorn)
Brainiac Attacks

Small but im saving all my hype and powah for Helicarrier.

Does anyone know if the shop at Legoland (Carlsbad, CA if it makes a difference) does the polybag promos as well?
According to the VIP FAQ, VIP points can't get earned or used at Legoland stores (or is it talking about the random concession stands and shops in Legoland rather than the actual LEGO store in Legoland?), so I'm paranoid that other promos may not be valid at Legoland stores as well.
I think I might try my luck at picking up just Birds and the Microfighter AT-AT at Legoland so that I don't have to fill out my cart with things that I don't really want just to get the free shipping.
From what I understand Legoland do not own by LEGO. They are being run by another company.

neonglow

Treat Legoland as another retailer since Lego sold their majority share of the theme park long ago.

robochimp

I just compiled all of my sets on brickset and what started as lurking this thread and buying a half off Earth Defense HQ deal close to 4 years ago, has turned into 41,000+ lego pieces in my home.

ruxtpin

Banned
Haul for the day is Slave 1, Double Decker Couch, Angry Kitty set, Cloud Cuckoo Palace, Coruscant Police Gunship, Senate trooper pack, Shadow trooper pack, and the Stormtrooper pack. Along with 2 Lego store employee polys, flower cart, and AT-DP.

I got one order in. Since the couch was sold out, I added a bunch of PAB stuff I kinda need anyway, and did just that and the Hair Salon.

Still no CMF's, Birds or DO. Slave 1 also listed as "Coming Soon".

My order went to "In Warehouse" for everything. That seems fast for LEGO. Yet, looking at each item's page, it still shows OOS. It is so weird.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
The thirst is real. Detective Office was all spoken for when I got there about 10 minutes after the mall opened. Looked like ~10 or so people with Slave I. I thought Slave I was sold out but saw they had around 10-14 more (5-7 cases) by the back door. However by the time I got to checkout like all of those cases were empty also. Only a smattering of CMF 13 left also with 2-3 feelers going over every pack.

Anywho, got Slave I, Birds, and the Valentine Holiday pack (which was also all spoken for while I was in line).

I know everyone raves about Parisian Restaurant.. Is it worth it to try and get a retail priced Pet Shop still, or is Parisian Restaurant still the best modular. As gorgeous as Detective Office is I'm good on waiting on it if another set is going to be hard to get soon.

The thirst is real. Detective Office was all spoken for when I got there about 10 minutes after the mall opened. Looked like ~10 or so people with Slave I. I thought Slave I was sold out but saw they had around 10-14 more (5-7 cases) by the back door. However by the time I got to checkout like all of those cases were empty also. Only a smattering of CMF 13 left also with 2-3 feelers going over every pack.

Anywho, got Slave I, Birds, and the Valentine Holiday pack (which was also all spoken for while I was in line).

I know everyone raves about Parisian Restaurant.. Is it worth it to try and get a retail priced Pet Shop still, or is Parisian Restaurant still the best modular. As gorgeous as Detective Office is I'm good on waiting on it if another set is going to be hard to get soon.

Valentine Holiday pack?

I bet Pet Shop will be gone by June. I'd pick it up before Parisian or Detective.

Ryuuroden

Here you go, this is my pickup from going to the store today :) They were only selling one birds set per person and I had no family members with me :/. I'll have to order one online to send to my uncle who is a major hardcore birdwatcher as in he literally has been to all the Continents to bird watch.

And yeah, the Birds box is hard core heavy.

Crap. Forgot about the Valentine scene. But it doesn't look like it is available on the website yet, so I didn't miss it. Maybe if I am at a store sometime I can get it, but I don't know when I will be anywhere near one.

EDIT: Is that a pack of ghost shrouds there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom