• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, I am wondering how much you all would mind me talking about the Detective Office. Like will you mind if I post pictures or would that be too spoilery? I was figuring I would put some stuff in spoiler tags maybe but we all have seen pictures already so I don't see the harm of build in progress pictures that show areas in more detail or parts I liked.

I may not collect the modulars but I wouldn't mind reading your impressions on it.

Ponn

Banned
Jang's Birds review has got me so giddy for that set. It was pretty funny how he was nerding out on some things and then is stumbling over his politeness at the end to try and not offend Lego or the set creator. Seriously though I need to get some new shelves just for that set. Those are definitely going up on my wall.

Btw, I am wondering how much you all would mind me talking about the Detective Office. Like will you mind if I post pictures or would that be too spoilery? I was figuring I would put some stuff in spoiler tags maybe but we all have seen pictures already so I don't see the harm of build in progress pictures that show areas in more detail or parts I liked.

Always post pictures!

I will ignore them because I am a dork, but I'll go back and look after I've built it.

Rootbeer

Banned
Still baffled that stores are not letting the promos stack.

The shop @ hope order I made just two days ago let me have all 3 promos. (It shipped today btw -- YAY! I'll have Slave I next week Mmmm)

I hope my local store doesn't start enforcing it in the future.

The shop @ hope order I made just two days ago let me have all 3 promos. (It shipped today btw -- YAY! I'll have Slave I next week Mmmm)

Waiting on shipping confirmation on mine. And since LEGO.com is down, I cannot check my order status either. Grrr.

ruxtpin

Banned

I think it all depends on the mood of the employee. I go one time and the sales girls says pick and choose. I go yesterday and a different guy gives all the promos to me and let's me use 2 Lego store employee figure coupons. If they hassle me I just go order the stuff online. I wish I could show them my order history and be like, "really? You're not going to let me stack the promo? ... Really?"

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Things got a little out of hand...

15990142727_8503b3c6e0.jpg

15989879469_3205e63a41.jpg

p9pmeU4.jpg

parroco

Neo Member
Few days ago I decided to take my toys back. They were stored in my parents' house, but I wanted to keep them with me in my house. Robots, cars, dinosaurs etc... but most of all, LEGOs. I loved them, and I still love to remember the happy moments I spent playing.

I came across this thread, so I decided to stop by to ask how to store them. First post answered my question: "Sort by type, not by color." and "Organize bins by type". Thank you PhoncipleBone, but... too late :)

sorry bro (and sorry everyone for the portrait pic) :D
The fact is, I'm not gonna play with them.I just wanna store them, and plastic bags+color seemed to the best way to save space and easy find.

I'm a '77 guy, my parents and relatives started buying them from, I think, '79 to '90. Then videogames wipe out everything else. So I've got some old stuff, like the yellow castle, one old police station, some space ships (Bennies of all colors), Fabuland pieces, first Technics figures and so on. Don't know if they have any value, but I'm not selling them (well, maybe for some millions...). Even some figures with no arm and no face...

Well, that's it.
I'm going to put everything in boxes: it's sad, but I enjoyed the few nights I spent dividing them.

Have fun.
Here are greetings from my pals. That's my native language, but I think you will understand :)

Mine shipped around 7:42am PST today. Placed the order around 7AM on Jan 1st.

I placed my order about an hour after that, and mine still shows In Warehouse.

I am hoping this isn't more bullshit like my last order where they say the address doesn't exist. Fed Ex, UPS, and USPS have all made deliveries here for weeks.

EDIT: I just called LEGO Customer Service to make sure there are no hiccups with this order. They said it looks fine, and is "In Warehouse" so it should go through. But, it probably won't ship until Monday or so since they don't ship on the weekends and it didn't ship today.

LAME. Sure, I won't be able to build the stuff for a bit, but their delays in shipping stuff always annoy me. If only I had a store nearby to drive to that wasn't 60 or so miles away. I could avoid this stuff.

Rant over.

Got my shipping notice for the DO, but not for the Friends + PAB stuff. I'm guessing it will take longer either way for the PAB, but they actually tend to ship that only a day later than ordinary stuff. Of course, it might be slower after the holidays.

will be curious to see what you do, though I'll probably go out tonight anyway. You and I are on basically the same page. Hell, I even googled "how to store your legos" and the best (for me) consensus seems to be

store by part type regardless of color
storage/tool/crafting drawers

seems to be the easiest for finding parts both for MOC and also to rebuild sets.
Yep, that's pretty much what I'm going for. I re-read the OP and had a look throught PhonBone's storage imgur gallery, and decided that would work best for me.

I need to be able to pull them out and put them back under the bed easily, and I think the storage cases will help with that, as opposed to dozens of indivudal plastic containers which was my first idea. I'll still grab a few larger plastic containers for large plates and the 18 or so large wheels that come with my Wheel 'n Whirl Model Team set.

I'm actually really excited to have them all sorted together. I'll have to make sure I take a few photos of my Classic Space sets before I tear them down though.

I'm not planning to buy any Modulars (too many spaceships to buy!), but I'd love to see some detailed pictures as it looks great on the box.

Picked up Onua, Tahu, n earth protector along with lego employee. On my way home with them now.

I went with my fiancé's daughter n she grabbed a friends trailer, pick a brick, make a fig, and the friends promo poly.

Pretty stoaked about Bionicle to be honest.

Sweet.

Somebody scooped up all the Hotdog Guys and Unicorn Girls and I got the last 2 Galaxy Troopers out of ~15 bags left. Couldn't find any new Mixels yet, though I'm in no hurry for them.

That pile on the bottom right was supposed to be a 2nd Tie Fighter... but that was all there was in the bag! Oh well, it was only $2.

ghostmind

Well, looks like not being able to make it over to the LEGO store on the 1st cost me being able to get the UCS Slave I until it is back in stock. Not a big deal - they are holding a Detective's Office and Ideas Birds set for me until I can make it there tomorrow, so that will keep me busy.

Meijer had Family House on clearance for 25% off. Meh. The boxes for both were all crushed to hell and back too. I will wait and see if it goes to 50% and bite then.

ghostmind

Looks like the Castle theme beat Galaxy Squad in the OOP race. GS still has the Hive Crawler available, while Castle has marched off into history.

I still need the Galactic Titan and then I'm finished with Galaxy Squad. If I miss out, no biggie. I have all the others.

I just finished Benny's Spaceship. That was a pretty damn entertaining build from beginning to end.

neonglow

I ended up going to Walmart and got some clearanced Chima sets at 25-30% off including the Flying Phoenix Fire Temple for $80.

Rootbeer

Banned
i'd pick up the titan if i can find it in stock anywhere on discount. haven't lucked out that way.

I own a pretty good selection of the galaxy squad stuff though, so if I don't find it I think I'm covered.

awaiting the next space theme though.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Funny you guys are talking about Galaxy Squad. I just came here to say that the Galaxy Squad sets have been so awesome.
Space Swarmer was a really cool small set, but I'm almost done building the Eradicator Mech now and it's just amazing. Such a cool set.
I can't believe I got it for only $20. Can't wait to finish it. It's been a blast from start to finish.

ghostmind

Small images of upcoming polybags:

30272 A-Wing Starfighter
d2V8G74.jpg

30283 Off-Road
nmIB1Qr.jpg

30284 Tractor
SBGkmvy.jpg

30291 Anacondrai Battle Mech
MxmAAs9.jpg

30292 Jay NanoMech
EMvXgn8.jpg

30293 Kai Drifter
kffFibX.jpg

30311 Swamp Police Helicopter
v02PrJe.jpg

30314 Go-Kart Racer
ZYYMFio.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Dang it, why are the SW polybags always minifigless? :p

Chima, City and Ninjago polybags seem to always have minifigs.

It's not like anything restricts them from doing licensed polybags with minifigs if it's for sale

Got Onua: Master of Earth yesterday at the mall. He's really cool, probably my favorite toa of the bunch. He's got the most interesting design of them all. Only problem I have is the stickers. Overall I really like the Bionicle 2015 sets, they're really great. Only thing I wish was that they reused less parts and had some more exclusive "bionicle" styled parts this time around.

Rootbeer

Banned
That easter set!!!

They are off to an excellent start with these seasonal minifig sets for 2015.

Happy I snagged the Valentines one already, I'm most definitely getting them all this year.

Can't wait to see what their Halloween one will be like.

I made some modifications to the Future Flyer to give it more joints and articulation; I'll get a pic up tomorrow.

About the Galaxy Trooper, I'm really disappointed that there is no printing on the torso, he looks so bland and cheap without it. Also, the blue facepaint visor is much too gray for my liking, I was expecting a brighter light-blue from the promo pics.

wetwired

Brickin It customs sent me their latest Ghostbusters inspired minifig "Zooly" it's pretty damn close to my own attempt at while back but more polished and Pad-Printed instead of decals.

They've bundled it up now as a pre-order with some cool packaging (each compartment is a little matchbox sized box with a minifig in it) with Zooly, The Destructor and Vince which isn't out yet but apparently they're basing it on my design (with my blessing of course)

Zooly Custom by Brent Waller, on Flickr

New York Terror Team Packaging by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Zooly Close Up by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Zooly and The Destructor by Brent Waller, on Flickr

chimster

So I went to my local wal-mart tonight and went through 10 boxes of minifigs ... some body went and picked all the hot dog guys ... I am sad :(

So it would seem that I'm the only one to pick up the Minecraft sets?

Stopped by work to get my schedule and picked up:

The Cave
The Farm
The First Night
Chima Flinx's Ultimate Phoenix
2 Series 13 CMF (new alien guy is AWESOME, also got the palentologist)

Thanks to all my VIP, it cost me about $4 :D

So far I'm on bag 2 or 3 for The First Night, I'm diggin it!! It's super basic but it's also just fun. I didn't realise that the Creeper's body is an entirely new mould with static legs - I was under the impression the legs were hinged but his body is like the horses or dogs.

I really dig all the new printed pieces and moulds and how well they translated everything from the game into Lego. Haven't built the pig yet, looks like he's in bag 3. I'll post follow up impressions once it's done if anyone's interested!

Edit: Oh and the instruction booklet is MASSIVE. 80-something pages for ~400 pieces. Seems excessive? Probably just super simplified.

ghostmind

So it would seem that I'm the only one to pick up the Minecraft sets?

Stopped by work to get my schedule and picked up:

The Cave
The Farm
The First Night
Chima Flinx's Ultimate Phoenix
2 Series 13 CMF (new alien guy is AWESOME, also got the palentologist)

Thanks to all my VIP, it cost me about $4 :D

So far I'm on bag 2 or 3 for The First Night, I'm diggin it!! It's super basic but it's also just fun. I didn't realise that the Creeper's body is an entirely new mould with static legs - I was under the impression the legs were hinged but his body is like the horses or dogs.

I really dig all the new printed pieces and moulds and how well they translated everything from the game into Lego. Haven't built the pig yet, looks like he's in bag 3. I'll post follow up impressions once it's done if anyone's interested!

Edit: Oh and the instruction booklet is MASSIVE. 80-something pages with different builds and stuff. Really cool.

My son got The Cave, The Farm, The First Night, and The Ender Dragon sets for Christmas, but we've been away on vacation, so no chance to build them yet.

Rootbeer

Banned
Heads up! If you play the LEGO Minifigures Online game or care about unlocking the minifigs in it, note that the codes included inside each minifig are TIED to that minifigure. So the code that comes inside your Hot Dog Guy packet will only unlock that character -- (i think) this is different from S12 where the codes unlocked random figures from that series.

I left my Sheriff code at the LEGO store because I let some other people in the store keep it to use as a reference for minifig feeling when I was done. So I don't have the code for him :(

If anyone does not play the game but has a Sheriff code... it would be awesome if you'd PM me about it! I'd like that a lot.

I spent a bit of time playing the game today. Trying to enjoy it, but it's quite simplified compared to LEGO Universe. Maaan... I really wish I'd been back into the LEGO loop when that game was still running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhtSX_34fUA

So I went to my local wal-mart tonight and went through 10 boxes of minifigs ... some body went and picked all the hot dog guys ... I am sad :(

TEN BOXES and no hot dog guy? That's incredible... that must have taken them some time to do. :(

Sorry... I would start checking Toys R Us soon if you don't have a LEGO Store nearby. They tend to get them around the time LEGO stores do. Actually, a lot of times you can find them at TRU earlier than LEGO, but I didn't see any widespread reports of S13 hitting there early this time.

Also, with the exception of The Tower of Orthanc, all LotR sets are now OOP.

I don't think Orthanc has long either...

I did not realize that. I always lumped LotR and Hobbit sets.
As for the Tower of Orthanc, I should buy it...if I change my mind I could always sell it right? I think I'll have to decide between R2-D2 and Tower of Orthanc.

LEGO GAF, which is the better of the two?

Funny you guys are talking about Galaxy Squad. I just came here to say that the Galaxy Squad sets have been so awesome.
Space Swarmer was a really cool small set, but I'm almost done building the Eradicator Mech now and it's just amazing. Such a cool set.
I can't believe I got it for only $20. Can't wait to finish it. It's been a blast from start to finish.

Awesome! I feel Galaxy Squad was under-appreciated. Although, a couple of the middle priced sets looked good, but lacked playability, poseability, etc. The Lowest priced set is great. Having a human instead of the robot would have made it even better.

10225 R2-D2 is now OOP.

0kSS3na.jpg

Farewell, old friend.

It's all your fault LEGO. If you came out with less sets per year I would have bought more of your exclusive sets. I'll probably have to pass on more of the high priced exclusives. I'm still 3 modulars behind. Also, I do want the Sandcrawler to nearly complete my OT sets.

Here's the 2015 Easter set. I'm liking that the Seasonal sets are scenery sets.

Dang. LEGO is knocking it out of the park again. They had those awesome seasonal polybags, then the recent seasonal brick built sets, now they have these seasonal vignette sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom