• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetwired

Man... I've been looking for that Blue Jacket Han Solo at all the minifig shops here forever, no sign of him yet!

I actually already had a few of the blue jacket torsos I got ages ago for customising (they were cheap at the time) he has the same pants as one of the other hans so I just swapped out the torso.

ghostmind

If you like furniture, Pet Shop has some cool micro builds. My favorite thing in it isn't furniture, but a small detail added on the second floor that is brilliant. Those that have built it know what I mean when I reference the white tile placed on the bare wall.

YdVLO7I.gif

I think with LoTR/Hobbit being done that leaves a void for me. I've really been drawn to the modulars for awhile now and watching these Detective Agencies has got me wanting to start these as my secondary set collecting. If I were to get into it Pet Shop would be the one to start with right now right?

I have not built the Pet Shop, but many seem to think highly of it.
I think it would be the best to start especially since it's it's going to be the next to go and is rated as one of the better modulars.

Seems like Parisian Restaurant and Detective Agency are quickly moving to the top of modular rankings. They will be around for 1-2 years at least though.
I've heard mixed reviews on Palace Cinema. I personally like the look, but I don't own it yet.

nice minifigs wet... are any of them bootlegs? i notice you have some very rare ones which is why I ask.

I can't wait for an updated two face because I really can't stand the ultra stylized hairpiece they gave him in the past.

They eventually gave us much better looking Joker and Nightwing hair, so they better do the same with two face.

*edit*

Posted this before I saw your comments Bent :p Glad some people like the anime hair, but i'm not a fan -- at least not on his character. To me it just screams typical LEGO where they'll use the closest approximation they have available if they don't have the additional resources to make an all-new piece that fits properly.

I have all of the LotR/Hobbit except the Ghost Ship (decided to pass) and Orthanc. I realize the window of opportunity is drawing to a close on it and I need to really decide if it's worth the money to get it or if I should be happy with the ones I have and leave it at that. I don't care that much about missing out on Wormtongue, but I do like the Ent and the tower itself...

Pet Shop is the oldest one still available on S@H so I think you're right on that. I would start agressively looking for Town Hall and Grand Emporium on ebay, craigslist, local stores, etc., as well for something close to MSRP if you luck out.

I prefer the built suit but not the anime hair :p

I've ordered the knock off Zur-En-Arrh Batman

Batman of Zur-En-Arrh 1958 by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

And I'll definitely grab the bizarro batman coming out this year

Bizarro-Batman.jpg

Customizing is fun but can be annoying and fiddly. I've had many failed attempts that have never seen the light of day. I wish I had some way of pad printing of machine printing onto parts. I'd do soooo much more, likely even trying to make a business of it as I enjoy it. I get frustrated with my results a lot because of the limited tools I have to work with.

Oh, I prefer the blue Nightwing costume. The spikey hair on the red Nightwing is much better. I just want the anime hair in my collection for random use.

As being reported on several LEGO news sites, The Tumbler is now seeing wider availability, including on target.com (5% off with RED Card plus free shipping, might be the cheapest way to get it unless you'd prefer VIP points)

http://www.target.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/p/lego-super-heroes-the-tumbler-76023/-/A-16752456

Snagged that one for $7.99 shipped on ebay while back -- it comes with a vehicle which inflates the price a little. Had to go ebay because I could not find a seller on aliexpress that sold ONLY that batman -- you had to buy a pack with 4 other bootleg sets and I didn't need or want them. That could have changed by now.

I suggest more do the same as it's a great version to have.

And make sure you superhero fans get Bizarro Superman to go with the upcoming DVD/Blu-Ray bundled Bizarro Batman. Had it pre-ordered for weeks!

I received the Batman of Zur-En-Arrh from a seller. Yeah, you have to buy "sets" of minifigs on AliExpress.
What sucks is I got 2 minifigs missing parts. Storm was missing the hair and the Batman was missing a hand. They are sealed in plastic so it's the Decool QA packing issue. For the price I paid for all 6, it's not worth me complaining. I expect issues like that with the super low prices.

Here's a picture I took of Onua: Master of Stone from Bionicle 2015. Damn he's cool, easily my favorite Toa of the bunch. I love his design and he has the most interesting build.

08ahiU3h.jpg

Looks like someone is compensating for small hands.

I should probably buy some Mixels, they look like a blast to MOC with.

I can't believe after all these years I'm actually buying Legos again.

Congrats!

Mixels are great for making MOC's with a lot of character/personality. Lots of useful small parts. Very low price point too...until you buy them all.

Well that target trip was a bust. Not 1 new set or good clearance sets. They did have the new minifigs series but no hot dog guy so yeah. Walmart though did have the Minecraft sets so I ended up getting the first night.

Anyone with a Slave 1 got a sticker sheet for sale? I misapplied the display info one and need to go again :/

I think LEGO will replace if you email or call.

Next time spray a fine mist of windex on the big tile and you can slide it so its perfectly centered and air bubble free.

Ponn

Banned
So, huh. My couple minifig packs were showing out of stock like others in the thread and everything else has been listed in warehouse. I got a ship notice today and its for the 2 minifig packs. Everything else is still listed in warehouse. Weird.

Next time spray a fine mist of windex on the big tile and you can slide it so its perfectly centered and air bubble free.

Does that really work? Now I am getting stressed about both the VW camper and Slave 1 stickers. I have a small air bubble in my B Wing info plate sticker that bothers me.

robochimp

If you like furniture, Pet Shop has some cool micro builds. My favorite thing in it isn't furniture, but a small detail added on the second floor that is brilliant. Those that have built it know what I mean when I reference the white tile placed on the bare wall.

I'll probably end up at the LEGO store tomorrow.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Man, the Galaxy Squad Eradicator Mech is so cool. Just finished building it. Just an awesome build through and through. Way more posable than the AT-RT which I built recently, too, which is nice.
Can't believe I got it for just $20. What a total steal.

Man, the Galaxy Squad Eradicator Mech is so cool. Just finished building it. Just an awesome build through and through. Way more posable than the AT-RT which I built recently, too, which is nice.
Can't believe I got it for just $20. What a total steal.
Now you need a Hive Crawler to destroy it!
And then the Mech calls in a Bug Obliterator and Vermin Vaporizer for reinforcements.

Kipp

Now you need a Hive Crawler to destroy it!
And then the Mech calls in a Bug Obliterator and Vermin Vaporizer for reinforcements.

Haha. Don't do that to me.
If they were still 50% off, I would be considering getting another set since both of the Galaxy Squad sets I've built so far have been excellent, but they aren't, so I'm not. :p
I do still have the Swarm Interceptor to build though! While not as exciting as the Eradicator Mech, I'm still really looking forward to it.

Rootbeer

Banned
Anyone over in Europe or Australia get any 2015 Ninjago sets?

I see they are available there but not in the USA yet.

I've been watching some of the show. It feels like the storytelling has improved from that first season (though i'm totally lost since I haven't seen all the in between stuff) -- no denying it's most definitely not trying to attract an older audience, but I'm seeing if I can appreciate it or not. :)

Would love some other thoughts on the show and it's LEGO line (especially the 2015 stuff)

I think i'm going to jump on that new Dragon they have. (I see the City is actually an older set, looking on prices for it now, we'll see)

ruxtpin

Banned

After you have the sticker on there does the windex eventually evaporate or do you have to squeegee it out?

ghostmind

OD86RtA.gif
LEGO ALERT
OD86RtA.gif

Apparently the new "Super Jumper", found so far in Super Heroes sets, is causing cracking in minifigure legs/feet. There has been no official word from LEGO on this, but caution is recommended.

this has been a LEGO ALERT, we now return you to your regularly scheduled posting

Toxi

Banned
OD86RtA.gif
LEGO ALERT
OD86RtA.gif

Apparently the new "Super Jumper", found so far in Super Heroes sets, is causing cracking in minifigure legs/feet. There has been no official word from LEGO on this, but caution is recommended.

this has been a LEGO ALERT, we now return you to your regularly scheduled posting
Reminds me of the wonderful lime green plastic in 2007 Bionicle sets that broke insanely easily.

OD86RtA.gif
LEGO ALERT
OD86RtA.gif

For reals? I better take out Supergirl and Batman from their jumpers.

Wait really? All my lime green Bionicle from 2007 stuff still feels like it's sturdy n in good condition.

Yeah, I had better luck than most too. I know that Lesovikk was the worst of the bunch breakage wise, but mine is fine. Ehlek was the strongest of the bunch but is still prone. Most people who MOC'd with their pieces ended up replacing Hahli's secondary color with some sort of blue since her pieces broke once you reconnected them to a joint.

2007 was bad.

Dating a super hardcore feminist has changed my view on everything now. I see this and I think, the little girl specifically asked for the ISS. Then, for the rest of her gifts, she was given only "girly" Friends and Disney Princess Lego. Why wasn't she given more Star Wars sets to compliment the one she really wanted?

I mean I'm sure she's enjoying the hell out of it all I just can't help but see shiz like that now. ;_; I'm ruined.

Haha. Don't do that to me.
If they were still 50% off, I would be considering getting another set since both of the Galaxy Squad sets I've built so far have been excellent, but they aren't, so I'm not. :p
I do still have the Swarm Interceptor to build though! While not as exciting as the Eradicator Mech, I'm still really looking forward to it.

If you can find a Lego store that still has Galaxy Squad stock apparently they all ring up 50% off now. Good luck!!

After you have the sticker on there does the windex eventually evaporate or do you have to squeegee it out?

If you spray a fine mist from about 18 inches away it will evaporate quickly and the sticker will adhere. It gives you 15-30 seconds of time to get it right. You can also force the air bubbles out with a credit card or similar object.

Dating a super hardcore feminist has changed my view on everything now. I see this and I think, the little girl specifically asked for the ISS. Then, for the rest of her gifts, she was given only "girly" Friends and Disney Princess Lego. Why wasn't she given more Star Wars sets to compliment the one she really wanted?

I mean I'm sure she's enjoying the hell out of it all I just can't help but see shiz like that now. ;_; I'm ruined.

http://youtu.be/StTqXEQ2l-Y?t=5s

All the LEGO is moved over now. I am keeping the Tumbler, Mini Cooper, and Sea Cow assembled for now. All the other sets from the other apartment are getting broken down, so I just dumped Sydney Opera House, Olivia's House, SPACESHIP!, and Super Secret Police Dropship into a box to sort through later. Ugh. So much crap to sort now.

And I have so many other sets to rebuild and unpack still.

Pics in the next week or so of the set up in the hobby room. And then pics in a month or two once everything is reassembled.

mojiimbo

Still baffled that stores are not letting the promos stack.

The shop @ hope order I made just two days ago let me have all 3 promos. (It shipped today btw -- YAY! I'll have Slave I next week Mmmm)

I hope my local store doesn't start enforcing it in the future.

I think it all depends on the mood of the employee. I go one time and the sales girls says pick and choose. I go yesterday and a different guy gives all the promos to me and let's me use 2 Lego store employee figure coupons. If they hassle me I just go order the stuff online. I wish I could show them my order history and be like, "really? You're not going to let me stack the promo? ... Really?"
They're not trying to be stingy downers, it's a tactic to maximize the reach of the promos because 90+% of people either aren't aware of the promos before they walk into the store or are cool with "choose one". I know the store here is already OOS of the Friends and Star Wars promos 2 days into the promotion. To be fair, I think there's some fine print on the calendars and online about not being able to be combined with any other offer. It would be pretty cool if they would stop hiding that and "while supplies last" behind an asterisk or in the fine print. If supply is going to be that limited they should probably put them behind a $50 minimum purchase too.

neonglow

OD86RtA.gif
LEGO ALERT
OD86RtA.gif

I tried using the one that came with my Green Lantern set. When I tried to remove the figure, the legs were stuck to the jumper and I ended up pulling only the torso off. There's an extra piece of plastic beside the studs that seems to locks the feet in place to make a tight fit.

I tried using the one that came with my Green Lantern set. When I tried to remove the figure, the legs were stuck to the jumper and I ended up pulling only the torso off. There's an extra piece of plastic beside the studs that seems to locks the feet in place to make a tight fit.

I was examining that also. I'm sure stories of this will soon be flooding our favorite LEGO blog sites. I imagine the cracking is happening in the back bottom round holes right by the foot where that extra plastic holds the legs in place.

I can see how most people would just try to force yank the legs out of the jumper. I tried that initially (stopping when I knew it was too much force though). The trick is to pull the backing of the jumper to "release" the legs. Basically doing the opposite of what happens when you insert the legs. I used my fingernail to get a good grip on the backing. That process is not something most people will think of doing IMO, especially young kids.

My Birds set and a token Star Wars set for the promo have shipped. I will not be able to go to Lego store until sometime next week so may be it was a good thing I panic and order them from shop@home. I am surprised that they ran out of promo bags so fast.

I love the Microfighters and hope they keep going. I always enjoy chibi (deformed) toys and I like these way better than the planets, the vehicles in the planet set were just slightly upscale of the polybags and give nothing new and the planets were pretty useless for the most part.

I find it to be amusing that this little $9.99 set comes with printed parts but $199.99 set use the dreaded stickers. I am sure it's the economic of scale. They must produce tons of these small set.

Phew. I had a few more entries to submit to TBB's Chibi Micro Contest. I thought the deadline was Jan 5th, but it's Jan 4th and I didn't know which time zone. Rushed these photos just now and if I have time I'll edit the Wonder Woman plane to make the stand invisible. :) Also, may retake photo of Golden Dragon. That is a very hard build to photograph. I looked at some of the official LEGO photographs and saw how they "cheated" especially on the official box (they outlined dark areas such as claws with white glow).

EDIT: Just read some additional rules that animals were not allowed. I removed the image so I could use it for another contest if it ever fits one.
Chibi Golden Dragon by Bent Bricks, on Flickr

Chibi Invisible Plane by Bent Bricks, on Flickr

Chibi TARDIS by Bent Bricks, on Flickr

Here's my first entry again to complete the set:

(Cyrus) Borg Cube by Bent Bricks, on Flickr

Check out the other entries, there are a bunch of excellent entries.
https://www.flickr.com/groups/2799120@N22/pool/

Kipp

If you can find a Lego store that still has Galaxy Squad stock apparently they all ring up 50% off now. Good luck!!

Good to know! Thanks!
There's a chance I'll be stopping by a Lego store today to pick up Birds, so I'll take a look when I'm there.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Anyone know where I can pick up a Hot Dog Man without paying $11 (like Amazon)? I am terrible at feeling the bags to determine which pieces are inside and my kids really want one :/

ruxtpin

Banned
Anyone know where I can pick up a Hot Dog Man without paying $11 (like Amazon)? I am terrible at feeling the bags to determine which pieces are inside and my kids really want one :/

Is there a Lego store near you? Might see if they have some sorted. Or another customer in the store might be feeling them out and could keep an eye out for a hotdog guy. When I went on the first there was a mass of folks feeling out bags, I asked if anyone had found an extra hotdog guy, someone was kind enough to hand me the one I wanted.

namtab37

Neo Member

If you live close to the Lego store in Troy there are always people helping others feel out figures.

GO LIONS!!

Ravek

Banned
Has anyone found CMF a series 13 at Walgreens yet? I was able to get the last 2 sets there but I haven't seen S13 yet.

I live in Virginia and 3 Walmarts, 2 Targets and 1 TRU later still no series 23 CMFs. Or really anything 2015 other than the Friends/Princess line, several Bioncle and a few City sets.

Ponn

Banned

With the price of the minifigs being 3.99 that really isn't too bad for someone like me who rarely finds the packs and when i do they are either all felt up. I ordered a couple from S@H and whatever I don't luck out on I will probably just order from Amazon or bricklink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom