• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I really want 75055 star destroyer but it's out of stock in my location at physical retailers. Amazon's price is way marked up.

Is it going out of print soon?

Anyone know where I can pick up a Hot Dog Man without paying $11 (like Amazon)? I am terrible at feeling the bags to determine which pieces are inside and my kids really want one :/

Just looked on Bricklink and one place in U.S. has it for $8.98 and another for $8.99, then it jumps way up. If you wait a little bit, it may come down a bit when supply is a bit higher. There are only 3 per box and demand so far is HUGE for hot dog guy.

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=131649

Has anyone found CMF a series 13 at Walgreens yet? I was able to get the last 2 sets there but I haven't seen S13 yet.

Just read someone in my neck of the woods saw them at Walgreens. Places like that though stop carrying stuff like that without any notice. Frys Electronics used to carry LEGO CMFs for a few series then just stopped.

So I really want 75055 star destroyer but it's out of stock in my location at physical retailers. Amazon's price is way marked up.

Is it going out of print soon?

It will be around for at least 1 more year IMO.
Have to be careful on Amazon. When Amazon is out of stock, all the resellers start showing up with their hiked up prices. Once Amazon is in stock again, Amazon will start showing up again as the seller.

Always pay close attention to the sellers. Also, I use sites like Brickset.com to check the MSRP prices. You can use LEGO site to check MSRP prices too.

LegoGAF, i need some help with interior design here:

I am wanting to build a big set to put on permanent display in this space:

XH52AUw.jpg

Now that is an Ikea Expedit shelf, meaning it has enough space to display something like the Black Pearl comfortably (since it was sitting on there before). I am unsure what to put on there next and it want it to look great obviously but also somewhat "classy" if that makes sense since we have a pretty sober look in our place.

Should i put :

a) Queen Anne's Revenge

b) the Sea Cow

c) the Death Star

in there?

(i guess a distant last option would be Benny's Spaceship but somehow i feel that's pushing the envelope with my wife)

also: would the Sea Cow or Death Star even fit properly on there or look too big for that kinda shelf?

A more squarish space is best for the Death Star. Sea Cow is actually not that deep, but it is long.

Might I suggest Ewok Village as another option too.

robochimp

I went to the LEGO store ready to spend some money on a modular. Do you have Pet Shop? No. Parisian Restaurant? No. Detective agency? No.

I went to the LEGO store ready to spend some money on a modular. Do you have Pet Shop? No. Parisian Restaurant? No. Detective agency? No.

Santa Clara store only had Cinema, Parisian and Dectective. You'd better order the Pet Shop from S@H, it's not going to be around much longer.

I'll be purchasing the Cinema during the next double VIP.

ghostmind

XH52AUw.jpg

Now that is an Ikea Expedit shelf, meaning it has enough space to display something like the Black Pearl comfortably (since it was sitting on there before). I am unsure what to put on there next and it want it to look great obviously but also somewhat "classy" if that makes sense since we have a pretty sober look in our place.

Should i put :

a) Queen Anne's Revenge

b) the Sea Cow

c) the Death Star

in there?

(i guess a distant last option would be Benny's Spaceship but somehow i feel that's pushing the envelope with my wife)

also: would the Sea Cow or Death Star even fit properly on there or look too big for that kinda shelf?

I have the same shelf in one of my rooms. I've always displayed the latest Star Wars UCS model there, so soon it will be home to the UCS Slave I.

Barring that, from your list I would either go with the Sea Cow or QAR - of course the Sea Cow is a bit more comical than the QAR, but it is also more interesting to look at, with its myriad of details.

wetwired

urgh, spent about and hour and a half on bricklink trying to buy a green arrow minifig. Compared the selection of various stores to make the order worthwhile. Picked a store. Loaded up. Check Out. Green Lantern out sold out.

Sigh

Ponn

Banned

XH52AUw.jpg

Should i put :

a) Queen Anne's Revenge

b) the Sea Cow

c) the Death Star

in there?

Helicarrier

I took a new picture of my building area after the last addition of more sorting boxes. I'm constantly running out of space in the small drawers so I need to put stuff in bigger bins.

UDQU16v.jpg

I took a new picture of my building area after the last addition of more sorting boxes. I'm constantly running out of space in the small drawers so I need to put stuff in bigger bins.

UDQU16v.jpg

Nice modular setup.
Congrats on "leveling up/graduating" your LEGO elements. I'm constantly moving items from a smaller drawer to larger drawers too. If I have too many of an item in one color, I throw it ziploc and put in one of my bulk boxes.

UDQU16v.jpg
Wow, that's really nice. What are you using for the 'table', and how did you attach it to the Expedit shelves?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I finally got Future Flyers, but I can't decide which to build. Obviously the mech, but dat car...

maybe

I

should

buy

another

one

I doubt it the set came out not long ago. Amazon price is probably because of holidays demand.
It is only like 6 months old or so. It has a lot of time left. People are just waiting for restocking.
It will be around for at least 1 more year IMO.
Have to be careful on Amazon. When Amazon is out of stock, all the resellers start showing up with their hiked up prices. Once Amazon is in stock again, Amazon will start showing up again as the seller.

Always pay close attention to the sellers. Also, I use sites like Brickset.com to check the MSRP prices. You can use LEGO site to check MSRP prices too.
Thanks for the replies, guys! I knew LegoGAF would set me straight.

Ok all, I'm new to Lego building, kind of caught the bug a few months ago. I've been mainly building the marvel/dc stuff, really started with the GotG stuff. Bought a Tumbler already, but haven't built it.

I'm sitting on $200 in gift cards to Amazon. What are some good choices? I know about the modulars from reading this thread, but not sure if I want to blow the full amount on one building.

Haven't quite got the fever that bad yet.

HALP.

Oh, got Benny's Spaceship for me and my daughter to build.

Edit - They have Exo Suits in stock, that's a good one right?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ok all, I'm new to Lego building, kind of caught the bug a few months ago. I've been mainly building the marvel/dc stuff, really started with the GotG stuff. Bought a Tumbler already, but haven't built it.

I'm sitting on $200 in gift cards to Amazon. What are some good choices? I know about the modulars from reading this thread, but not sure if I want to blow the full amount on one building.

HALP.

Just get yourself a Death Star. You know you want to.

Ravek

Banned

HALP.

Exo-Suit is very interestimg. Its very cool to have and sit in shelf, but play wise not so much.

I would still recommend you get it.

neonglow

HALP.

I'd only get the Exo Suit if you only plan to display it. It is very fragile.

I'd recommend the AT-AT, Bike Shop & Cafe or the Ultra Agents Headquarters truck.

In cart right now updated:

Bike Shop and Cafe
Exo Suit
Dragon Mountain
Delorean

I think I'll go with these. I was planning on making a run to the Lego Store in the next week to see what catches my eye. Yes, the Death Star is on my list. Wife is gonna kill me.

EDIT just saw the suggestions. Lemme look at em lol.

Oh and I have the Ecto 1 already.

EDIT 2 - A lot of stuff is third party seller and above retail price. I would assume because of Christmas? Agent HQ is 40 higher than retail.

Holy crap I want the Agent HQ. That's a buy at the Lego Store or Target.

Just get yourself a Death Star. You know you want to.

The good doctor knows what is up. You know you want the Best Star.

If you are going to do something, do it right.

There is no kill like overkill.

EDIT: Look at it this way, with all that Amazon credit, you are only paying 50% out of pocket for the awesomeness of the Best Star.

The good doctor knows what is up. You know you want the Best Star.

If you are going to do something, do it right.

There is no kill like overkill.

EDIT: Look at it this way, with all that Amazon credit, you are only paying 50% out of pocket for the awesomeness of the Best Star.

Except the cheapest one is like 480 bucks.

Except the cheapest one is like 480 bucks.

I echo the AT-AT recommendation if you like Star Wars; great set.

If it is still available, the Creator Family House is a very pretty and playable set you and your daughter might enjoy. You also might want to consider the Dolphin Cruiser. Despite the Friends dolls, it is beautiful (my daughter is about 50% through it now).

Norfair

Don't worry about the fragility of the Exo Suit so much. Mine has been sitting on my computer desk and my four year old daughter comes in and picks it up every once in a while. Plus its fallen of the desk a few times and only lost a few parts. I've been pretty happy with it.

UDQU16v.jpg

Awesome. I am trying to find a setup where I can get the modulars all lined up like that. They look so much more awesome when cobbled together like that.

Also, is the Quinjet making a grocery stop? I noticed Smaug making a shopping trip like some others.

Ryuuroden

In cart right now updated:

Bike Shop and Cafe
Exo Suit
Dragon Mountain
Delorean

I think I'll go with these. I was planning on making a run to the Lego Store in the next week to see what catches my eye. Yes, the Death Star is on my list. Wife is gonna kill me.

EDIT just saw the suggestions. Lemme look at em lol.

Oh and I have the Ecto 1 already.

EDIT 2 - A lot of stuff is third party seller and above retail price. I would assume because of Christmas? Agent HQ is 40 higher than retail.

Holy crap I want the Agent HQ. That's a buy at the Lego Store or Target.

The Agent HQ was just clearanced at a lot of Targets for 40-50% off MSRP. I picked one up for the super fabulous price of 48 dollars last week.

The Agent HQ was just clearanced at a lot of Targets for 40-50% off MSRP. I picked one up for the super fabulous price of 48 dollars last week.

Really? Inventory tracker shows a few left near me, but I don't recall seeing it on clearance. I picked up a few clearance items, one was a Hero Factory build, and the other is SW but I forget, I know it has Anakin's apprentice in it.

Well looks like I have multiple stops tomorrow.

Really? Inventory tracker shows a few left near me, but I don't recall seeing it on clearance. I picked up a few clearance items, one was a Hero Factory build, and the other is SW but I forget, I know it has Anakin's apprentice in it.

Well looks like I have multiple stops tomorrow.

YMMV (Your mileage may vary). Each store has allocated "funds" for clearancing items and it's up to the manager or whoever is in charge of the toy section to decide what to clearance and how much. Places where sales are good or in areas where people have money rarely see good clearances. Or if they do, they never make it to 50% off or more.

Rootbeer

Banned
No Agent HQ in stock around me. But I rarely if ever recall seeing it on the shelf period. it's a rather big set and a lot of Target stores don't carry a lot of the larger sets, and when they do it's for themes like City or Star Wars most often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom