• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
i think my Slave 1 made a stop here today but I accidentally rejected the call (apartment building buzzer goes to my cell), so I just got a note to pick it up at the post office.

I know the pain T__T

Happens to me all the time with japanese toys I order. Post office requires a signature. With my old mailman, he would keep a stack of pre-signed slips with him from me so that he could leave them in the lobby, but with my new mailman he won't do this... and he also does not call me from the call box like he should. It's frustrating.

So much time wasted going to the post office to fetch things.

Fowler

75093 Death Star Final Duel is much larger than I would have expected, so I'm really looking forward to see what the set looks like.

Yeah, I'm really surprised by that. Assumed it'd be 3 minifigs + the Emperor's chair, something on the scale of the Witch-King Battle.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ahh cool, I was worried because I am afraid that when I might be able to scrounge up enough cash to get Mini Cooper, it might get "Sold Out" due to its Hard to Find status.

Is there a way to view US Lego catalogs online? You know, those pamphlets usually given away in shops? I only keep seeing Dutch versions.

Do Lego products come with them nowadays or not?

Rootbeer

Banned
you can have a free catalog sent to you or view them online

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/ByCatalog

early 2015 catalogs are already out, but the website doesn't seem to let you download/browse that version yet

they may have catalogs at lego retail stores. they have the club magazines, at least. again for free.

BG-UJXLCEAEvubB.jpg:large

lol that comic is so true too. It really is cheaper as it has maintained the 10 cents a brick for 3 decades now.

It doesn't FEEL cheap.

Speaking of which, anyone have the UCS Sandcrawler and the newer UCS X-Wing? Preference as to which should be my next set? Thinking that I might be able to just stick with UCS shit throughout each year and get my LEGO fix.

It doesn't FEEL cheap.

Speaking of which, anyone have the UCS Sandcrawler and the newer UCS X-Wing? Preference as to which should be my next set? Thinking that I might be able to just stick with UCS shit throughout each year and get my LEGO fix.

Red Five X-Wing is going to be 2 years old this spring, so the clock is ticking on that one.

Sand crawler is only a year old then, so should have time. But, at the same time, UCS B-Wing only lasted six months.

To be fair, your average decent sized lego is usually around 30 bucks which is significantly more expensive than other toys. Thats usually where people get the 'expensive' idea from. But yeah, it has been getting much cheaper over the years which is good. And Lego can be rebuilt into new things which gives it much more lasting appeal compared to traditional toys.

Red Five X-Wing is going to be 2 years old this spring, so the clock is ticking on that one.

Sand crawler is only a year old then, so should have time. But, at the same time, UCS B-Wing only lasted six months.

The UCS B-Wing suffered from lack of sales, hence the quick retirement and 50% markdown during the May 4th sale two years ago.

I'm not sure how well the X-wing and Sandcrawler are selling, but I did talk to a local Lego store employee on 1/1/15 about the UCS Slave I (which I bought that day) and the X-wing and he mentioned that they had a ton of X-wings in the back room.

I do agree with Phon though that if you had to decide between buying the X-wing or Sandcrawler, get the X-wing first since it's most likely to retire sooner.

Lego sets stay around for about 2-5 years, depending on the product. Generally the larger and more successful the set or theme, the longer the set stays around.

The set I know of that's stayed around the longest and is still on shelves is the Death Star, which has been around since 2007.

That would be great. The set could go on for quite a few more years just by doing that. Not that it's not awesome as it is now, but I see how the dated minifigs could be a definite minus for some potential buyers.

If you collect Original Trilogy sets you should have most of the new minifigs to put in there.
LEGO is very good at making you want to buy sets for the minifigs. For collectors that want the older minifigs they can get Best Star. Those that want the newer minifigs will get the newer sets.

Ahh cool, I was worried because I am afraid that when I might be able to scrounge up enough cash to get Mini Cooper, it might get "Sold Out" due to its Hard to Find status.

Is there a way to view US Lego catalogs online? You know, those pamphlets usually given away in shops? I only keep seeing Dutch versions.

Do Lego products come with them nowadays or not?

Hard to Find only means it isn't carried in retail stores or is a LEGO store exclusive. Not sure it also includes retail exclusive sets too.

Any chance of more Simpsons?

Yes.
Kwik e mart set much like the Simpsons house set (i.e. expensive).
2nd series for Simpsons Collectible Minifigs.

The UCS B-Wing suffered from lack of sales, hence the quick retirement and 50% markdown during the May 4th sale two years ago.

I'm not sure how well the X-wing and Sandcrawler are selling, but I did talk to a local Lego store employee on 1/1/15 about the UCS Slave I (which I bought that day) and the X-wing and he mentioned that they had a ton of X-wings in the back room.

I do agree with Phon though that if you had to decide between buying the X-wing or Sandcrawler, get the X-wing first since it's most likely to retire sooner.

Alright thanks guy, will aim for the X-Wing next month. Is it a good set? I've gotta admit the lack of a pilot Luke minifig is just annoying me to no end.

Boss Doggie

Hard to Find only means it isn't carried in retail stores or is a LEGO store exclusive. Not sure it also includes retail exclusive sets too.

Ahh that explains why I only ever saw the Volkswagen before in a lego-affiliated store (but not a Lego store), but never in mall toy shops.

you can have a free catalog sent to you or view them online

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/ByCatalog

early 2015 catalogs are already out, but the website doesn't seem to let you download/browse that version yet

they may have catalogs at lego retail stores. they have the club magazines, at least. again for free.

BG-UJXLCEAEvubB.jpg:large

Thanks! I enjoy reading lego catalogs and I kinda miss seeing them nowadays.

Boss Doggie

Also, anyone else think Architect Studio is kinda... eh? Just a bunch of white bricks. I guess it has the advantage of being numerous unlike your typical assorted boxes, but still.

Also, anyone else think Architect Studio is kinda... eh? Just a bunch of white bricks. I guess it has the advantage of being numerous unlike your typical assorted boxes, but still.

The nice thing with the Studio is the book that comes with it. It goes into a lot of detail about micro building and showing interesting techniques to get certain looks. That is where the real power of that set is.

But, outside of that, it is very overpriced.

So my son collects the Marvel sets, mostly because he loves the minifigures, any new cool and most important, new (like never released before) Marvel minifigure coming in 2015? Last year's Modok was a pleasant surprise, I guess we get Ultron but anything else really new? My son wants an Abomination or Juggernaut or Thanos officially released by LEGO.

So my son collects the Marvel sets, mostly because he loves the minifigures, any new cool and most important, new (like never released before) Marvel minifigure coming in 2015? Last year's Modok was a pleasant surprise, I guess we get Ultron but anything else really new? My son wants an Abomination or Juggernaut or Thanos officially released by LEGO.

Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Ultron, Vision, and Ant-Man are definitely happening.

Zerojul

Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Ultron, Vision, and Ant-Man are definitely happening.

That and Carnage, Rhino and Sandman apparently. And a Winter Soldier polybag. Plus what we may get with the UCS Helicarrier ;)

Ponn

Banned
That and Carnage, Rhino and Sandman apparently. And a Winter Soldier polybag. Plus what we may get with the UCS Helicarrier ;)

Ghostmind better deliver tomorrow. Somebody might get thrown down a shaft, or at least get sand in everything.

ghostmind

LEGO Scooby Doo sets:

75900 Mummy Museum Mystery
75901 Mystery Plane Adventures
75902 The Mystery Machine
75903 Haunted Lighthouse
75904 Mystery Mansion

Releasing in May or June.

ghostmind

New CITY Train incoming:

60098 Heavy-Haul Train

Releasing this summer.

Also 60099 LEGO CITY Advent Calendar

Releasing this fall.

ghostmind

Upcoming Star Wars sets missing from yesterday's list:

75096 Hoth Echo Base
75097 LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar

I expect two more retailer exclusives for the June release wave.

Force Awakens sets are releasing September 4th.

75096 Hoth Echo Base

Excellent. I better start putting aside some cash now.

I'm going to be poor with the OT sets and Force Awakens ones.

via the Brick Fan:

Series 14 LEGO Collectible Minifigures (71010) will be released in October 2015 and there’s something new that hasn’t been done before. This Halloween season, Series 14 with be a themed one with the theme being “Monsters.”

Oh that's a cool idea.

ghostmind

via the Brick Fan:

Series 14 LEGO Collectible Minifigures (71010) will be released in October 2015 and there’s something new that hasn’t been done before. This Halloween season, Series 14 with be a themed one with the theme being “Monsters.”

This jives with a couple of hot tips I received recently regarding CMF Series 14.

75096 Hoth Echo Base

Maybe I'm stupid, but does this confirm that the Echo Base isn't a UCS set like had been rumored?

ghostmind

Mixels Series 5:

41536 {?}
41537 {?}
41538 {?}
41539 {?}
41540 {?}
41541 {?}
41542 {?}
41543 {?}
41544 {?}

Nothing but set numbers for S5 right now (that will likely change soon), but we do have names for Series 6:

41545 Kramm
41546 Forx
41547 Wuzzo
41548 Dribbal
41549 Gurggle
41550 Slusho
41551 Snax
41552 Berp
41553 Vaka-Waka

I completed the Parisian Restaurant yesterday and 1/3 of the Detective Office today. I gotta say that they are fun to build and look really nice too. There are details that nobody will ever see like "CHEZ" spelled out in bricks on the floor under the restaurant. I also enjoyed how "AL'S" was spelled out on the barber shop. I never thought to use bricks that way before.

Well those are good news I guess, for me personally those still don't top Red Skull and Modok from last year, maybe because I totally didn't see those coming, I still hope for a surprise MARVEL minifigure we haven't heard of.

Rootbeer

Banned
Went into TRU last week and they had tons of Galaxy Squad including Titans

Went in today... surprise! 30% off all Galaxy Squad... but Titans all gone :(

Picked up a few Bionicles at Target though. I now have 4... the spider, both of the green ones and the larger red one (sorry, I know they have names -- just haven't memorized them yet!)

Target had a lot of lego on clearance today. and I mean a lot. some star wars, some friends, some city, chima... a mix. They had an entire isle devoted to the clearance, so seek that out if you don't see any clearance stickers in the main lego section of your store

sadly the discounts were pretty weak... they had big signs up saying 30% off but almost everything was only 10% off. they may not have price adjusted things properly yet where i was at.

Zerojul

Well those are good news I guess, for me personally those still don't top Red Skull and Modok from last year, maybe because I totally didn't see those coming, I still hope for a surprise MARVEL minifigure we haven't heard of.

I personally would like more X-Men, but it seems it won't be this year :/

Ponn

Banned
via the Brick Fan:

This jives with a couple of hot tips I received recently regarding CMF Series 14.

Oh God! This and Scooby Doo. No matter what happens tomorrow you get a pass for these two things Ghostmind. We may not be getting anymore Monster Fighters this is the next best thing. I'm hoping they don't half-ass the Scooby Mansion and make it a big beautiful set. Hopefully the CMF's won't be a lot of repeats from MF either.

I hate to say it but it probably won't ever be a year. DoTFP was a huge movie and we got one set with repeat figs. I'm not sure what it would take at this point and if the movie license reverting would even help. A goldmine of figs just sitting there untouched.

Well the X-Men vs sentinel set was a nice surprise, very fun build and unique minifigures as well, my son geeked out when he saw the Cyclops and Storm minifigures.

I hate to say it but it probably won't ever be a year. DoTFP was a huge movie and we got one set with repeat figs. I'm not sure what it would take at this point and if the movie license reverting would even help. A goldmine of figs just sitting there untouched.

It's sad LEGO can do so much with this license but with just get a few drops a year and with ton of repeat figures.

judhudson

Oh man, I am totally down with Series 14 being monsters. I already have all of the Monster Fighter sets. Love that theme.

I dunno about Scooby Doo. Love monsters, but I was never big into Scooby Doo, so I'll have to see pictures. I wonder if it'll go great with the Monster Fighter theme.

Rootbeer

Banned
A Monster CMF series!? Maaan... that is incredibly cool and they are going to be really hot items, maybe more so than Simpsons Series 2.

Bring it on LEGO. 2015 may yet be the best year in LEGO history at this rate.

Even though I'm not excited about the Scooby sets (Though I might be once I see them!), there is no denying that a Monster themed CMF series is the perfect companion for it.

I'm so sorry.

is it that bad :(

I just wanted a villain character and it looked pretty cool.

via the Brick Fan:

Yup, that's the one. I got to see this catalogue and I think you've covered everything now. No pictures obviously, I just remember the Friends Grand Hotel and the big Elves building being rather interesting.

It'll be interesting to see how CMF Monsters works with Scooby-Doo... I think the type of sets will be rather similar to MF.

via the Brick Fan:

I need them all. possibly multiples. oh god.

And scooby doo? This is an old rumor i missed. Please please basically be monster fighters part two in disguise. I don't need wacky steampunk vehicles if i get cool spooky scenery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom