• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went into TRU last week and they had tons of Galaxy Squad including Titans

Went in today... surprise! 30% off all Galaxy Squad... but Titans all gone :(

Picked up a few Bionicles at Target though. I now have 4... the spider, both of the green ones and the larger red one (sorry, I know they have names -- just haven't memorized them yet!)

Target had a lot of lego on clearance today. and I mean a lot. some star wars, some friends, some city, chima... a mix. They had an entire isle devoted to the clearance, so seek that out if you don't see any clearance stickers in the main lego section of your store

sadly the discounts were pretty weak... they had big signs up saying 30% off but almost everything was only 10% off. they may not have price adjusted things properly yet where i was at.

My TRU and Target were the same. TRU had multiples of every GS set except Interceptors and Titans, of which they had none. I hope the 30% off holds until next month, I'd like to pick up a Vaporizer and a Warp Stinger.

I did manage to score a Hotdog Guy! The Unicorn Girl proves to be as elusive as her namesake, though; there wasn't one in the whole box.

R-User!

Wow! So many sets coming. Can't wait for the $150 Falcon; perhaps it means no UCS Falcon until Jan 1st 2016?! Or maybe May the 4th 2016!

Scooby Doooooo! + CMF Monsters = Awesome Halloween MOCs incoming!

Can't wait until tomorrow ghostmind! Hopefully I'll get to see The Helicarrier for the first time.

To many new sets argghhhhh!

Yup, that's the one. I got to see this catalogue and I think you've covered everything now. No pictures obviously, I just remember the Friends Grand Hotel and the big Elves building being rather interesting.

It'll be interesting to see how CMF Monsters works with Scooby-Doo... I think the type of sets will be rather similar to MF.

What marquee characters are left to be done in the vein of Monster Fighters?

Mummy, Werewolf, Zombie, Ghost, Vampire & Sea Creature were already done. Maybe King Kong or Godzilla type figures? They'd need to be more sinister than the CMF counterparts if so.

We probably won't get a "slasher" or typical modern horror villain. Maybe they could repurpose that Ultra Agents invisible dude.

Ultra Agents knocking it out of the park again.

buyMZLu.jpg

That torso is amazing! Dolla' bill shirts n' chains!

Is that the same gold chain as the CMF Rapper dude?

Rootbeer

Banned
has anyone considered that the CMF "Monster" series might actually be a scooby series itself?

The monsters could be scooby doo monsters. With maybe some of the Scooby Gang, with alternate prints and accessories, to fill out the 16 figure series.

has anyone considered that the CMF "Monster" series might actually be a scooby series itself?

The monsters could be scooby doo monsters. With maybe some of the Scooby Gang, with alternate prints and accessories, to fill out the 16 figure series.

I was thinking about that actually. They could do a series of Scooby & related characters.

The Harlem Globetrotters, Wednesday Addams and Scooby's shitty cousin.

robochimp

There is some leaked art from the new Star Wars depicting a ship, I'm guessing it's the $80 set.

It's a very odd mashup of a ship.

I'm finishing up the Jedi Defender, I think this is the one set I regret buying. The build just kind of sucks. It's a shame since the Sith interceptor was such an amazing set.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
via the Brick Fan:

Series 14 LEGO Collectible Minifigures (71010) will be released in October 2015 and there’s something new that hasn’t been done before. This Halloween season, Series 14 with be a themed one with the theme being “Monsters.”

This jives with a couple of hot tips I received recently regarding CMF Series 14.

! This sounds like excellent news.

Please have more zombies. I need an army of them.

There is some leaked art from the new Star Wars depicting a ship, I'm guessing it's the $80 set.

It's a very odd mashup of a ship.

I'm finishing up the Jedi Defender, I think this is the one set I regret buying. The build just kind of sucks. It's a shame since the Sith interceptor was such an amazing set.

Where did you see the art?

Is the Jedi Defender the purple one with the cool figs? I have considered that a few times but the ship looks so strange. I love the Jedi figures though.

Ryuuroden

New CITY Train incoming:

60098 Heavy-Haul Train

Releasing this summer.

Also 60099 LEGO CITY Advent Calendar

Releasing this fall.

Going to be a CITY train or one like Horizon Express and Emerald cause I want more of that type. Guessing city since the numbering like you said.

you can have a free catalog sent to you or view them online

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/ByCatalog

early 2015 catalogs are already out, but the website doesn't seem to let you download/browse that version yet

they may have catalogs at lego retail stores. they have the club magazines, at least. again for free.

BG-UJXLCEAEvubB.jpg:large

But why is LEGO more expensive at Toys R Us? I hate that they always have the new stuff but its always $5 more than Target or Amazon.

Mummy, Werewolf, Zombie, Ghost, Vampire & Sea Creature were already done. Maybe King Kong or Godzilla type figures? They'd need to be more sinister than the CMF counterparts if so.

We probably won't get a "slasher" or typical modern horror villain. Maybe they could repurpose that Ultra Agents invisible dude.

I'm assuming a new zombie would be viable, considering how damn popular the original is. Maybe two, a male and a female (who will be shortpacked of course). A new vampire bride (to go with the CMF2 vampire). A skeleton of some kind. Also, it doesn't have to be horror monsters. You could go into all kinds of mythology. A harpy, maybe a kuangshi, some Japanese ghost, a dryad, a satyr, some more generic troll that doesn't cross into cyclops territory, a female goblin... still plenty to do. It would also be fantastic to finally get a centaur but I'm not holding out hope for that. Would be the easiest ever to feel though :D

Toxi

Banned
is it that bad :(

I just wanted a villain character and it looked pretty cool.
It's fun to build with all the Technic parts and has a cool play function, but its articulation is more limited than the other Bionicle sets and it's a bit short compared to them. From the front it looks snazzy with the orange and black, but from the rear and side it's more bare to make room for the function. I think it's a fun set, but I'm biased towards anything spider-related. At worst, it has a good number of parts to build your own creations with.

Not gonna lie, I'm all over a Mystery Machine set.

Let's hope it's much better than a previous attempt by another brick company (they had rights before LEGO). Company is UK company called "Character Building". Interestingly enough they also had license for Doctor Who.

via the Brick Fan:

Series 14 LEGO Collectible Minifigures (71010) will be released in October 2015 and there’s something new that hasn’t been done before. This Halloween season, Series 14 with be a themed one with the theme being “Monsters.”

This jives with a couple of hot tips I received recently regarding CMF Series 14.

I hope they revisit the zombie with new prints.

Always can do alternate versions. Female werewolf, female mummy, etc. LEGO already has done CMFs and Monster Fighter versions of mad scientist, mummy, frankenstein, vampire...

There are a lot of other monsters...ZOMBIES, scary clown, headless horseman, ghouls, goblins, witches (again), new ghost mould. And what Zulithe says below

Makes a lot of sense now that you mentioned it. Even if it wasn't, it would work with Scooby Doo theme perfectly.
This is what the previous brick company did for their Scooby Doo blind packs:

iGGFNFq.jpg

I'm upset because Zelma and Daphne were extremely rare and I've only ever seen two cases of these only in TRU. I'll live knowing that I'll have LEGO versions.

But why is LEGO more expensive at Toys R Us? I hate that they always have the new stuff but its always $5 more than Target or Amazon.

It's called Toys R Us tax. I'm all for making money, but TRU is very shifty about it. They'll have a sale, but will raise the prices so a 30% off sale will really be like 10% off MSRP. Sometimes their sales reduce the price down to MSRP. Thanks to competition though and the internet, you can actually find some good deals at TRU once in awhile.

What scares me is I'm seeing Amazon putting higher than MSRP prices on some of their LEGO sets. They'll show "save 30%", but MSRP is higher. I like Amazon a lot, but if they continue to follow TRU business practice, they're gonna lose some sales from me.

Rootbeer

Banned
yup amazon is almost as guilty as TRU these days. You really need to keep yourself educated on the true MSRP of sets before you buy anything.

Never pay above MSRP for a set still in production, don't encourage them to continue the practice.

and give more business to retailers that rarely, if ever, charge above MSRP for LEGO. Target is a good place. You get free shipping on any order on target.com using your RED Card (which is free, look into getting one -- no credit check required, it ties to your bank account. though there is a credit card version as well if you prefer)

And you get 5% off everything at Target using the same card. Stacks on top of all other discounts.

shop.lego.com or your local LEGO store are the most ideal places to shop though if you have a VIP account.

via the Brick Fan:

Hmm, maybe they'll do more single-themed series if the Monsters sell well? Which they surely will, since they're releasing for Halloween.

Gimme a Space / Sci-fi CMF series!

I had seen a rumor that said Winter Village stuff was gonna be over once a Santa set happened, and that a Halloween Village type theme would be taking its place each year. Was really let down when the Winter Village Toy Store was revealed a couple days ago in that big list, but I might be OK with Halloween CMF lines in the fall of each year.

Really really hyped to hear/see what they're gonna be. 16!! 16 different monsters. Even if it's a specific Scooby Doo themed CMF that's still 11 monsters once you take out the meddling kids and their dog.

Still really anxious about what the Scooby-Doo line's heads will look like. I'm praying they won't be special sculpts based on the new show. Please please please just be regular minifigs with classic-show faces.

Ponn

Banned
I was thinking about that actually. They could do a series of Scooby & related characters.

The Harlem Globetrotters, Wednesday Addams and Scooby's shitty cousin.

Welll, we already have Batman and Robin for their cameos but I would kill for Phyllis Diller and Don Knotts figs.

I had seen a rumor that said Winter Village stuff was gonna be over once a Santa set happened, and that a Halloween Village type theme would be taking its place each year. Was really let down when the Winter Village Toy Store was revealed a couple days ago in that big list, but I might be OK with Halloween CMF lines in the fall of each year.

Really really hyped to hear/see what they're gonna be. 16!! 16 different monsters. Even if it's a specific Scooby Doo themed CMF that's still 11 monsters once you take out the meddling kids and their dog.

Still really anxious about what the Scooby-Doo line's heads will look like. I'm praying they won't be special sculpts based on the new show. Please please please just be regular minifigs with classic-show faces.

Interesting on the Christmas set rumors. I definitely think it's wearing thin and needs a break before a revisit. I just hope Santa's workshop is around next year to finish the line off. Maybe the Toy Shop will be a modular style since they already did a toy shop. Don't remember the numbering on the rumored list.

I don't see the need for any special moulds except the possibility of Scooby Doo.

I really hope the minifigs look like this LEGO Ideas entry. These are perfect iMO. I am not a fan of the new cartoon art style and hope LEGO sticks with standard LEGO eyes. PLEASE, PLEASE do NOT make eyes like the Clone Wars minifigs!!!

Hmm, maybe they'll do more single-themed series if the Monsters sell well? Which they surely will, since they're releasing for Halloween.

Gimme a Space / Sci-fi CMF series!

Yes! I'm with you on that. Sci-fi CMFs please.

I'm there with you guys, but I think there needs to be a strong IP or heavy marketing behind a sci-fi themed CMF series. Perhaps a Neo-Classic Space theme! It will definitely screw over blind bag gropers like me. How do you feel for different colored minifigs?!? :)

I did not know there were plans to resurrect Modulex bricks.

The end of the line for Modulex

It would be extremely interesting if 1:1 ratio bricks were made that were compatible with LEGO elements. I understand it would never happen (from LEGO at least) as there would be too much confusion with the bricks if they got mixed with standard LEGO bricks. As an AFOL, I would love 1:1 ratio bricks for "pixel" style builds and also to make some builds with more accurate ratios. I forget the math, but those 1:1 bricks would line up every 5 or 6 bricks.

chidrock

For those who built the new Slave 1 - how bad was the cockpit sticker?

I have the UCS X-Wing, but I could see this one being worse thanks to the curve of the part...

Ponn

Banned
Is it weird i'm hyped up for tomorrow? I don't think I will be able to sleep, i'm more excited for a possible Helicarrier reveal than I was for E3.

Also to add more substance, has anyone considered or even actually already turned the Goblin fig from series 13 into a Green Goblin?

Interesting on the Christmas set rumors. I definitely think it's wearing thin and needs a break before a revisit. I just hope Santa's workshop is around next year to finish the line off. Maybe the Toy Shop will be a modular style since they already did a toy shop. Don't remember the numbering on the rumored list.

I don't see the need for any special moulds except the possibility of Scooby Doo.

I really hope the minifigs look like this LEGO Ideas entry. These are perfect iMO. I am not a fan of the new cartoon art style and hope LEGO sticks with standard LEGO eyes. PLEASE, PLEASE do NOT make eyes like the Clone Wars minifigs!!!

Yea, see, that is EXACTLY what they need to look like. I imagine Fred's hair looking more like Emmet's though, in yellow, but otherwise that's 100% what they should look like. And they have a physical neckerchief piece don't they? Similar to the new hood piece? I coulda sworn they have one but a printed-on ascot would be fine too.

I think the only versions of Scooby-Doo with white eyes have been "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" and the new ugly vomit "Be Cool" version, so the black dot eyes of regular Lego figs fit the style perfectly. Please God no Clone Wars faces. NO "BE COOL" PRINTED FACES.

And yeah I think the only character they'd have to make a new mould for would be Scooby himself since he has such a distinctive head/face that wouldn't work as a print on the standard Lego dog.

If they ever did a second wave and included Scrappy, then I'd expect them to make a special head mould for him and stick it on a brown minifig body with brown kid legs. But otherwise I sincerely hope that the only new head moulds this theme brings are for the bad guys.

When do y'all expect the first images to leak out? Toy Fair? We got Age of Ultron set images and that's an April/May release, they're already teasing Jurassic World stuff and that's a May/June release, if Scooby-Doo is somewhere between April and June, I'd think we should be seeing them really soon right?

via the Brick Fan:

Well, looks like I am getting that entire line then. Unless it is Scooby monsters.

Is my wish coming true then? Will we get a Halloween village!?

I don't want it at the expense of Winter Village, but where do you go after Santa's Shop really?

Since we are getting a supposed Helicarrier unveil tomorrow, is anyone else wondering how many fire extinguishers Bessa will put in it? That is if it has an interior.

ghostmind

Well, looks like I am getting that entire line then. Unless it is Scooby monsters.

I don't want it at the expense of Winter Village, but where do you go after Santa's Shop really?

Scooby monsters may even be more desirable for me. I grew up watching the original Scooby Doo cartoon, so if this theme can do it justice, then I will happily pick up everything it has to offer.

ghostmind

Uhh, so Groove Bricks is reporting that the 2016 Simpsons set will be "The Android's Dungeon & Baseball Card Shop", and will be comparably priced with the Simpsons House and the Kwik-E-Mart.

Huge grains of salt on this rumour, since it is so far out.

Bag 1 of Detective Office done. Awesome so far. This feels like some strange hybrid of Pet Shop and another modular. It is like two half buildings like Pet Shop, but all on the same baseplate and connected weirdly. That is a good thing. So far it feels very familiar yet very different.

Is it just me, or is it a bit unfair of LEGO to put out a set like this and Slave 1 on Jan 1st because it just makes the rest of the year have a ridiculously high bar to climb? Seriously. Parisian Restaurant set an unrealistic standard for sets last year. At least give us a few months of good to great stuff before blowing your wad.

Well apparently our dreams are not coming true since the rumor hinged on "the Santa set" marking the end of the Winter Village, and according to that leak (and to answer your second question) apparently we're getting a new version of the Winter Village Toy Shop :C

Fowler

Uhh, so Groove Bricks is reporting that the 2016 Simpsons set will be "The Android's Dungeon & Baseball Card Shop", and will be comparably priced with the Simpsons House and the Kwik-E-Mart.

Bit weird that they're only doing one set a year?

Zerojul

Is it just me, or is it a bit unfair of LEGO to put out a set like this and Slave 1 on Jan 1st because it just makes the rest of the year have a ridiculously high bar to climb?

You're definitely right. I just hope UCS TIE, UCS Helicarrier and Hoth Echo Base will be equally awesome.
I have high expectations for the renewed QuinJet, too (and I hope Kwik-E-Mart turns ok).
Oh, I almost forgot about the Ferris Wheel. And the F40.

Rootbeer

Banned

that's pretty damn far out...

Would be awesome to have a LEGO comic shop though, so I really hope it's true. I know Moe's is the popular choice, but we'd be really lucky to ever get that out of LEGO

Maybe they can change Moe's into an Ice Cream Parlor (fits well with Detective Office... Mmm, ice cream and cookies)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom