• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already have the modular city displayed and I'm adding the Mixer and upcoming (rumored) ferris wheel this summer. Finding space for a Lego Simpsons block as well as a rumored Halloween villiage would be pushing things.

I do have space for it all though!

Zerojul

I already have the modular city displayed and I'm adding the Mixer and upcoming (rumored) ferris wheel this summer. Finding space for a Lego Simpsons block as well as a rumored Halloween villiage would be pushing things.

I do have space for it all though!

Well, we don't have space for it all :/
So we will have to rotate between Modular City, Winter Village and the hypothetic Halloween Village (with MF sets of course). And the Simpsons stuff.
But we like to build and take apart sets so ultimately that will be fun :)

Ponn

Banned
trP8p3T.jpg

My iron body is ready Lego. Time to uncloak.

Vargas

PhonicleBone was right, I have kept buying modular sets. I really need the time to build them because my room is looking like the Lego store. How do you guys build your sets? I leave everything in the bags and look one by one since I don't have a table or anything suitable to dump all the bricks on.

PhonicleBone was right, I have kept buying modular sets. I really need the time to build them because my room is looking like the Lego store. How do you guys build your sets? I leave everything in the bags and look one by one since I don't have a table or anything suitable to dump all the bricks on.
Plastic food containers. Dump each bag in one. Keeps things organized enough, but you still gotta dig for parts. Then if you need to clean up a bit or stop, you can stack them up to put away.

I prefer the short square ones. You can get a 5 pack of them for like $2-4 depending on brand or where you go. Many sets you only need like 4 or so at a time. With Detective Office I have needed 7-8 at a time so far.

Score! My January 1st haul finally arrived. Detective's Office, Heartlake Hair Salon and two flower carts (one is up for trade if you're in Europe and missed it). And my PAB stuff shipped today so that's coming soon too.

Now to build this thing. Food? Meh.

Plastic food containers are a great idea. I've been using shoebox-size bins I bought at Big Lots for $1.50 each (comes with lid too). The rectangular shape and shoebox length helps make looking for pieces easier for me.

woodypop

I've always wanted a LEGO AT-AT. And now...well, I still don't have one. my son got one for Christmas. But close enough!

its great
If there's any SW model that looks fantastic in LEGO form, it's the AT-AT. Homer peering from the cockpit is hilarious! lol

Vyer

If there's any SW model that looks fantastic in LEGO form, it's the AT-AT. Homer peering from the cockpit is hilarious! lol

Yeah, I agree. Really like the build on the legs too, makes it fairly posable.

Now I have the urge to go pick up the Snowspeeder.

Buy a large food container, the ones I like are about 10w x 18l x 4h.

Then dump all the bags into the container.

Just curious, do most of you like mixing all the bags in one big container? I don't think I can get myself to do that. It would drive me nuts trying to look for one piece in a big bin.

I enjoy pouring out all the bags and then sorting by similar shapes and types in different small bins. The sorting is actually therapeutic and when I'm ready to build, it makes finding pieces easier so the build flows uninterrupted. I like big sets, so this works for me. :)

I bought a bunch of these and they are great for both in-process building as well as storing elements that I have large quantities of. They stack nicely and are often available for $0.50 - $0.99

Seconded. I use those for things like 2x2 and up bricks, windows, tires, large plates, etc. I even cut some cardboard dividers to fit in them so I can have more plates. I have most of my mini figs stored in them too.

Those things are cheap as hell and hold a ton.

Sweet mother of ....!!!!!

Sweet. Is that Coulson, Hill, Romanov & Fury?

I edited the post out. Brickset had posted the pic, but quickly realized that it was just from the mock up on the LEGO Ideas page.

I got a bit too excited. Oh well.

It does look a bit rough for an official model. The turbines look like they are too many bricks for one thing, and the display stands don't look like anything else LEGO would make. Almost too blocky.

Still, an impressive MOC. Or LDD render.

Just curious, do most of you like mixing all the bags in one big container? I don't think I can get myself to do that. It would drive me nuts trying to look for one piece in a big bin.

I enjoy pouring out all the bags and then sorting by similar shapes and types in different small bins. The sorting is actually therapeutic and when I'm ready to build, it makes finding pieces easier so the build flows uninterrupted. I like big sets, so this works for me. :)

Ever since I was a kid I've mixed the bags, so my piece-finding skills are probably much sharper than average. It's not too difficult for me to find even the smallest pieces quickly. But I've always done things in weird ways, i.e. most people would put together a puzzle by starting with the edges and work towards the center, as a kid I would randomly pick a piece and expand from it. I have a very good visual memory as well, which helps.

I'm still waiting for the day when I have enough money to buy the SSD and mix the bags.

ghostmind

I edited the post out. Brickset had posted the pic, but quickly realized that it was just from the mock up on the LEGO Ideas page.

I got a bit too excited. Oh well.

It does look a bit rough for an official model. The turbines look like they are too many bricks for one thing, and the display stands don't look like anything else LEGO would make. Almost too blocky.

Still, an impressive MOC. Or LDD render.

I think Brickset may have heard the same rumor that I did, that the reveal was happening today, and was trying to get the jump on everyone else.

I'm hoping that the source is correct, and we see the actual set later today, as I'm just as hyped as the rest of you all regarding this reveal.

The entire bottom floor of DO has been built. A bunch of cool details so far, but they're really spending a ton of effort on the smuggling passage...

Ponn

Banned
I've always wanted a LEGO AT-AT. And now...well, I still don't have one. my son got one for Christmas. But close enough!

its great

I need to stop seeing this set. I keep fighting off the urges to get into Lego Star Wars but this is the set that keeps enticing me with its Jedi mind trick. Was my favorite vehicle from the movies from my favorite episode from my favorite scene (Hoth). i'm afraid if the Echo Base set rumor is true I may not be able to fight of Star Wars anymore.

Zerojul

I need to stop seeing this set. I keep fighting off the urges to get into Lego Star Wars but this is the set that keeps enticing me with its Jedi mind trick. Was my favorite vehicle from the movies from my favorite episode from my favorite scene (Hoth). i'm afraid if the Echo Base set rumor is true I may not be able to fight of Star Wars anymore.

I don't wanna enable or anything, but AT-AT is really awesome. Just sayin'.

It is a fantastic set that has a lot of flexibility in how you pose it. I know some people wanted it to be bigger but it's such a great, lumbering representation of the source material that it doesn't matter.

KemoSabe

Maybe a EU/germany gaffer can help:
Are the Simpsons minifigs still available to buy somewhere because i still need some of them.

Im still mad at me that i didnt bought a display box, everywhere i look its damn expensive now...

A full set costs about 80€ on eBay...

Rootbeer

Banned
Guys my Slave I arrives today >.< Yesssssss!

I just picked up the Green Lantern set yesterday. (Couldn't pass up Target's $13 price tag.)

And Amazon says my Darkseid Invasion is currently out for delivery. w00t!
$13... how'd you swing that!!
Maybe a EU/germany gaffer can help:
Are the Simpsons minifigs still available to buy somewhere because i still need some of them.

Im still mad at me that i didnt bought a display box, everywhere i look its damn expensive now...

A full set costs about 80&#8364; on eBay...

Wish I could help but I'm not from that area. In the USA though, you can still find some website selling them. toysrus.com for example, but they limit you to 4 per order. There are probably some other sites still selling them too.

There is always bricklink... the prices aren't that bad yet.

Rootbeer

Banned
In-store pricematch of their own website. Do it!

wow that is an incredible deal.

but it's out of stock... they don't price match out of stock listings do they? I suppose if you get a cashier that isn't too strict...

i bought that set about 10 days ago though, too late for me to price match!

woodypop

wow that is an incredible deal.

but it's out of stock... they don't price match out of stock listings do they? I suppose if you get a cashier that isn't too strict...

i bought that set about 10 days ago though, too late for me to price match!
Yeah, I can't pass up 35% off. The customer service lady didn't make an issue of it. But if she had, I would have argued the point, as it doesn't make sense (from a customer perspective) that Target would honor an online price only if it was still available online. (Because then I'd just go ahead and order it online.)

I just picked up the Green Lantern set yesterday. (Couldn't pass up Target's $13 price tag.)

And Amazon says my Darkseid Invasion is currently out for delivery. w00t!

WHat?!? WHen did this happen? I just checked the website and they're all sold out. It's a new set in high demand and it's already > 30% off?

Congrats!

ghostmind

It is getting later in the afternoon, Ghostmind. Where is my Helicarrier reveal? Hmmm?

Hopefully this evening.

Brickset posting that MOC has me a bit concerned though, as usually LEGO provides the major fan sites with product assets prior to a reveal, on the condition that they wait until a specific time to share them.

neonglow

Yeah i was caught unaware on that LEGO Green Lantern deal too. my sources are failing me :(

I'm not sure the Green Lantern deal was ever legit on the website. The DCPI number for that listing refers to the upcoming Iron Man vs Ultron set when you enter it at the store. That's why it's $13 instead of $20.

ghostmind

Alatariel, the creator behind the Ideas Research Institute, has seen another project reach the 10,000 supporter mark.

bbn8esZ.jpg

I like these little vignettes, so hopefully this one is released as a nice low-price Ideas set as well.

Detective's Office finished. I'm going to take pictures tomorrow and write up my full impressions, but... wow! It's not as pretty as Parisian Restaurant but there's TONS of detail, maybe more when counting all the small areas. Tons of useful parts (Jamie loves us - why else would he replace every single black 1x1 round plate with one with a hole, even though only two are strictly needed?), tons of new parts... and...

DAT WATER BARREL! I had no idea those parts could do that. And the entire thing is made out of pieces I had 25 years ago. Mind totally and definitely blown.

This is a beautiful set. Top 5 definitely.

I went to Lego store today,they have several Birds and got in some more flower cart but no Tumbler or Slave 1. They told me they are not expecting any slave 1 next week and not sure when they will get more in. They are also out of detective agency. Really excellent businesses for them.

Ryuuroden

Detective's Office finished. I'm going to take pictures tomorrow and write up my full impressions, but... wow! It's not as pretty as Parisian Restaurant but there's TONS of detail, maybe more when counting all the small areas. Tons of useful parts (Jamie loves us - why else would he replace every single black 1x1 round plate with one with a hole, even though only two are strictly needed?), tons of new parts... and...

DAT WATER BARREL! I had no idea those parts could do that. And the entire thing is made out of pieces I had 25 years ago. Mind totally and definitely blown.

Indeed, same impressions I had

Just finished bag 3, and I am having the same impression. I love how generous they are with some pieces in this. Almost makes me want a second one just to ransack parts from like the 1x4 textured bricks.

Now, the only question remains... which building in my modular town makes place for this?

I was thinking Market Street, but I think I'll move my Bakery MOC and start a brand new MOC city off somewhere else. In fact, DO should look great squeezed between the two parts of Market Street... hmmm...

Before I crash for the night, I put together 41093 Heartlake Hair Salon. It's obviously a VERY simple build compared to DO, but there's quite a few clever designs in there which makes me think Astrid made it. Especially the lights on the awnings outside reminded me of her Palace Cinema. The chairs inside, the coffee machine and the front scissors sign all are modular class detailing. Also, I get a very hip 80's feeling from it rather than the generic pinkish Friends look, most likely because they use white and black as contrast colours rather than light yellow or green.

There's also tons of useful stickers for generic fashion props and a great mirror. Oh, and that light yellow Wyldstyle hair is fantastic :D. Watch out Al, the 80's is approaching fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom