• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

I probably check out the new Lewa or Tahu later on. Clash of the Heroes looks like a pretty nice small set too.

$60 for Battle on Takodana seems high, but guess that Star Wars tax for you heh.

Picture this, BB-8 Ultimate Collectors Series. Want.
Thought that the other day. You know it is coming.

And looking at the Jan promos, I will wait for double vip to order anything. Nothing screaming at me yet, and I know Ghostbusters and Brick Bank will be around a few months later.

Osahi

One thing I am not seeing is the non-TFA Star Wars sets.

I wonder if they held them back (in North America) due to the movie?

Seen them in stores in europe alkready. Way overpriced though.

I am getting Kylo's shuttle btw. Got a coupon for a toy store as gift and have in store credit there too. So i'll only pay around 50 to 60 euros... Hope they have them in stock saturday...

Pixels

Thought that the other day. You know it is coming.

And looking at the Jan promos, I will wait for double vip to order anything. Nothing screaming at me yet, and I know Ghostbusters and Brick Bank will be around a few months later.

Same but brick bank is a must for me!

ghostmind

Seen them in stores in europe alkready. Way overpriced though.

I am getting Kylo's shuttle btw. Got a coupon for a toy store as gift and have in store credit there too. So i'll only pay around 50 to 60 euros... Hope they have them in stock saturday...

Yeah, I see them up on European S@H - we'll see if they show up on NorthAm S@H in a few hours (or so).

Rootbeer

Banned
One thing I am not seeing is the non-TFA Star Wars sets.

I wonder if they held them back (in North America) due to the movie?

yeah i don't think they are coming out... something weird is going on.

for example i have seen the first order snowspeeder series 3 microfighter at toys r us, target, and now on amazon.com... it's also listed on shop.lego.com

but... where are the OTHER microfighters!?

plus as you mentioned, the battlefront battlepacks and a few other things... o_O

Also, roll call: who is ordering the ghostbusters firehouse? I am so tempted. Last minute decisions >>

Haha, good old S@H. Now it won't even let me clear the basket to see if I get the correct price. Guess the rest will wait until tomorrow. It's not like anything will process or ship on the 1st anyway.

Rootbeer

Banned
Yeah, the USA S@H is borked too. hopefully the stuff is going up shortly. Maybe before 9 due to the holiday?

when you try to browse certain categories it kicks you back to the front page. a glitch the site likes to do frequently. they really need a full overhaul of their online store. it's been a long time coming.

Ponn

Banned
Also, roll call: who is ordering the ghostbusters firehouse? I am so tempted. Last minute decisions >>

I want to so bad but i'm going to have to save up over the next couple months to buy it. Will probably just wait till the next double VIP.

I satiated my need though by using my christmas amazon giftcards and getting a UCS Tie Fighter from AWD though. :)

Ryuuroden

yeah i don't think they are coming out... something weird is going on.

for example i have seen the first order snowspeeder series 3 microfighter at toys r us, target, and now on amazon.com... it's also listed on shop.lego.com

but... where are the OTHER microfighters!?

plus as you mentioned, the battlefront battlepacks and a few other things... o_O

I am getting the ghostbusters firehouse.

Without doing the price/brick thing, those prices for the Star Wars sets look pretty inflated, no?

I feel like the Battle of Takodana should be like $40, not $60.

This Resistance Troop transport ship being $70 is :lol to the highest degree.

The Star Wars lego series has been like this for as long as I've been aware of prices. I wonder if the first waves of sets my mom binged on when i was a kid were like that too. She bought them for herself more than me, so I don't actually feel bad (they kind of just showed up in the house, I didn't beg, and may not have even known they existed til then), it's just that, damn, it must have been one pretty chunk of change.

edit: wait.... in price per piece the troop transport is almost at the 10 cent/piece benchmark. that's nothing in the grand scheme of star wars tax. it just doesnt' look cool. tadokana is definitely a bit much though.

ninge

Trying to order Ghostbusters HQ from the UK lego store but every time I add it to my basket it changes the price! Not cool... listed at 274.99, add to basket and the preview shows 274.99, click checkout and it changes to 285.90. wtf? Their website is so terrible...

Risible

Trying to order Ghostbusters HQ from the UK lego store but every time I add it to my basket it changes the price! Not cool... listed at 274.99, add to basket and the preview shows 274.99, click checkout and it changes to 285.90. wtf? Their website is so terrible...

Fluctuating currency exchange rates maybe?

Wanderer5

Stupid pictures not wanting to load, beside one, but I have the TIE Advanced Prototype all set up now, and man was a really fun build. It especially was when making the sides of the main body, putting them together, and wrapping that part up. It all just fits so nicely together. I think I still like the FO TIE fighter more, but this one is still wonderful and worthy to display. I kind of wishing for a updated version of Vader's TIE Advanced heh.

And then there the Inquisitor too, which is one badass looking minifigure.

20151231163334_zpstbkrk6jf.jpg

The spinning lightsaber is silly, but I like him a lot otherwise from what I seen of him in Rebels (which I probably should watch fully heh), and this really looks like a great take of him in lego form. Nice additional parts too like his helmet that has a built in red visor, and a shoulder/chestpiece that even lets you attached his lightsaber's hilt on his back, just how he puts it away in the show. Could have probably have his head be a touch of grey, but otherwise this minifigure rocks.

And with that, should add to a overall good note for this year. 2015 was the year I returned to Lego heh, and it might have been least almost 10 years since I was into Lego.

The armored bats minifig looks fantastic.

$9.99 + ~$5 s/h though. Weird that it isn't through Amazon Prime, though if it was it would $15 total anyway.

y05yKqw.jpg

link

Wanderer5

That's just someone selling it pulled from the set. For $3 more your better off just getting the set, and free shipping through prime

Clash of Heroes

Heh yeah, Superman looks great too, and that rooftop can be a nice little set piece to mess around with.

Edit: Oh dang I just notice that Batman eyes are glow in the dark (much like what he been shown to have in the movie).:eek:

ghostmind

Looks like the new sets are live on S@H, and the Nexo Knights promo is applying (at least for the $10 set I tried).

Not going to order tonight as heading to the LEGO store tomorrow.

Tendo

I'm new to getting back into lego so this might be a dumb question but it is safe to assume the ghostbuster house will be available for a year or two correct?

Rootbeer

Banned
Again it's just weird how they only have one microfighter and not all six. What is going on LEGO o_O

I really wanted to get the new X-Wing

wetwired

Same thing happening here in Australia, it should be 499 but as soon as I got to check out its 622!

Schryver

UCS Slave 1 arrived today! I'm 26 and the last time I got a Lego set was probably '99-'00 Hyped but afraid of the potential addiction to come o_O

UCS Slave 1 arrived today! I'm 26 and the last time I got a Lego set was probably '99-'00 Hyped but afraid of the potential addiction to come o_O

The thirst is real. Enjoy the set, it's great. I have the UCS Red Five to build as well...picked that up along with the Slave 1 last weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom