• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
So I have a $20 giftcard to Wal-Mart, and was thinking about picking up another Star Wars set. I noticed if you order Kylo's Shuttle online, it is $109, so with my GC it will be $89. Is it worth it at that price? Are there any other sets from TFA that would be a better pick up? I have Rey's Speeder btw.

Millennium Falcon? Was going to pick up that newer set for Kylo Ren fig but saw the price and burst out laughing. There is no cheap alternative to get a Kylo Ren fig.

Amazon US seems to be all over the place on prices right now. The TFA TIE I bought on warehouse yesterday for $45 is $74 today.

AWD pricing is tricky. It's based off a percantage of the current price of the set new so if Amazon is out of stock when it goes up its based off usually marked up third party seller pricing. Which can cause stupid pricing on sets that aren't oop but just currently out of stock or being refreshed. It looks really dumb for them when they do that and then update with new stock and for a day or so their used price is more than their new price.

teeny

Two TFA 2H sets:

Encounter on Jakku
Resistance X-Wing

The second set should make those who wanted a "standard color" T-70 happy. I'm assuming there will be improvements, so hopefully they fix the wings.

Also 75145 Anakin's Podracer (Target exclusive) for the 1H. Was wondering what happened with that set...

And for Rebels, expect an adult Ahsoka Tano, as well as the new Inquisitors.

We are less than a month away from Toy Fair season, so expect more info to leak before the shows.

That makes me happy, I love the blue design!

Looking forward to new Rebels stuff, though I have seen nothing of Season 2 (I don't have access, need to wait for release). I still need to get the Ghost but I cannot justify it right after Christmas with three other builds ready to go :S

Edit: Welp, the Ghost is gone from everywhere I can find - my nearest Toys R Us had one for a while but I left it too late. If anyone has one sealed and wants to swap it for a sealed Benny's Spaceship, shoot me a PM (am based in UK).

Wanderer5

Speaking of Rebels... TIE Advanced Prototype is 31.99 on target.com

Crap, I probably just cave in really.XD This set in particular has been bugging me for a bit alongside the FO TIE fighter. Think I push the new Phasma figure down the road then, and check this out instead, cause I rather just stick to one thing for the time being (not to mention this one seems to be moving out)?

Crap, I probably just cave in really.XD This set in particular has been bugging me for a bit alongside the FO TIE fighter. Think I push the new Phasma figure down the road then, and check this out instead, cause I rather just stick to one thing for the time being (not to mention this one seems to be moving out)?
I have 4 of those Advance Prototypes and did not get tired of building them. You should buy it now.

Millennium Falcon? Was going to pick up that newer set for Kylo Ren fig but saw the price and burst out laughing. There is no cheap alternative to get a Kylo Ren fig.

I'm thinking for $89 of my own cash might be reasonable. That would be 9 cents/piece, much better than almost 12 cents/piece...

Ryuuroden

I ended up picking up both of the morro Dragon sets that were on clearance at the Wal-Mart in Monaca, PA. The 2nd one is for my girlfriend's son. I think he will like it a lot.

I'm not sure if they've done models like this for other sets as I've only found Star Wars ones but can anybody speak to the quality if they have?

It's kinda enticing but it's expensive for only 80+ pieces.

Wanderer5

I'm not sure if they've done models like this for other sets as I've only found Star Wars ones but can anybody speak to the quality if they have?

Eh even if it around 80 pieces, gotta consider the scale and function of these things. Maybe a bit of star wars tax might have been thrown in heh, but it looks pretty much roughly around with the Bionicle sets in piece amount and price.

I'm rearranging my room so I had to move/consolidate all my unbuilt Lego sets and.. holy shit.

55 sets! Ranging in size from the little holiday scenes all the way up to modulars, spanning almost every theme.

Yowza! I tried to take a picture but there's apparently too much Lego for the upload to handle.

Oh gosh I just realized this lot doesn't include the unbuilt Lego Dimensions sets I have in my car. Closer to 60 sets then O_O

I'm rearranging my room so I had to move/consolidate all my unbuilt Lego sets and.. holy shit.

55 sets! Ranging in size from the little holiday scenes all the way up to modulars, spanning almost every theme.

Yowza! I tried to take a picture but there's apparently too much Lego for the upload to handle.

Oh gosh I just realized this lot doesn't include the unbuilt Lego Dimensions sets I have in my car. Closer to 60 sets then O_O

That's what I call a good start. You'll eventually reach the point like many of us where you'll have to sell or give away stuff. If you are a MOC person then you'll save space by opening the boxes and putting the bags in a different storage until you build the set or sort the parts. Lots of open space in those boxes. Collapse the boxes if you want to keep them.

Keep sets factory sealed if you think they will be of value to sell later in case you never build them.

ghostmind

More SW 2H news:

18 sets for the 2H, which likely does not include Rogue One, as those will be Fall/Winter.

Some of the 18 sets will be Constraction figures, including the rumored Boba Fett.

A new Clone Turbo Tank is also one of the 18 sets.

The 18 sets do NOT include 75098 UCS Assault on Hoth, 75143 A-Wing (Rebels), 75144 UCS Snowspeeder, 75145 Anakin's Podracer, 75146 2016 Advent Calendar, and 75159 UCS Death Star.

The previously mentioned "Encounter on Jakku" is a smaller set, and includes BB-8.
The previously mentioned "Resistance X-Wing" includes Lor San Tekka.
Unkar Plutt is also showing up in one of the sets.

It has been suggested by someone with reliable LEGO info in the past, that 75098 is the May 4th release. If so, what does that mean for the February VIP early release?

That's what I call a good start. You'll eventually reach the point like many of us where you'll have to sell or give away stuff. If you are a MOC person then you'll save space by opening the boxes and putting the bags in a different storage until you build the set or sort the parts. Lots of open space in those boxes. Collapse the boxes if you want to keep them.

Keep sets factory sealed if you think they will be of value to sell later in case you never build them.

Oh yeah for sure! I saw the collapsed box tip in one of the other Lego OTs so I've been doing that for a while now, and there's definitely sets in my back log that I'm holding on to for a rainy day when I don't work for Lego anymore and can sell them (through some kind of cosmic magic I wound up with two Raptor Escapes for example, and I'm reeeeeeally considering buying a Best Star to tuck away for the future before it's gone).

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I really hope we get a small set of...

Spoiler for TFA but not major as it's in the trailer.

Kylo Ren, Rey and Finn forest fight.

ghostmind

And here's a tip for buying sets, especially for those who may be new to the hobby.

If you are interested in a theme, always pick up the retailer exclusive(s) first, as they will be the hardest to locate, and will sell out the quickest. LEGO also tends to not restock retailer exclusives in its own stores (and S@H), and they tend to clear out those sets first (if they haven't sold out already). Exclusives also tend to skyrocket in the aftermarket.

And here's a tip for buying sets, especially for those who may be new to the hobby.

If you are interested in a theme, always pick up the retailer exclusive(s) first, as they will be the hardest to locate, and will sell out the quickest. LEGO also tends to not restock retailer exclusives in its own stores (and S@H), and they tend to clear out those sets first (if they haven't sold out already). Exclusives also tend to skyrocket in the aftermarket.

Very good tip. Zombies from Monster Fighters is a great example of this.

Can you direct me to a picture of someone who has done this?

Here are my pics. The risers are completely stable. No need for worry about them falling off/over.

B8147CE5-7111-4132-9405-0D268A43A25E.jpg

84882B3D-6F07-4192-8369-EB6E7183EAAF.jpg

59E9C3E6-C2A4-474C-BAF4-73B6547F7CC2.jpg

DB02B72E-7D32-4268-AFA7-2DDF53B9D79D.jpg

3C695B77-14D3-4FAB-886B-30375EE49AEB.jpg

Please excuse the completely empty display cabinet. I'm in the middle of lots of lego shuffling at the moment! Those are all 3 riser sizes you get for $10.

Small = Xmen
Med = Avengers 2
Lg = Guardians of the Galaxy

I'll post more pics later of some completed super hero teams, like I usually do. I have a 4 day weekend to mess around with my stuff :p

Screw it, placed a order. Sorry Phasma, but my love for the TIE Fighter is greater.:p
I just checked and out of the 4 times I bought it, $31.99 was the cheapest. I think everyone who hasn't bought it yet should grab it.

Very good tip. Zombies from Monster Fighters is a great example of this.
Ya, I was new at the time and still regret not buying that set as soon as it hit. It got expensive so fast.

Null

Neo Member
Finished putting together the lego Wall-E set. It's a great set really enjoyed putting it together and it looks very good. Recommend it to anyone even if you are not into the movie.

I was given the Ecto 1 set last year, it was the first set I've had since I was a kid and now with the Wall-e set I have been supersized by how much I enjoyed putting them together, I guess I'll be buying more Lego in the future.

Wanderer5

I just checked and out of the 4 times I bought it, $31.99 was the cheapest. I think everyone who hasn't bought it yet should grab it.

Picked up my order at my local target, so looking forward to setting it up. Since I planning to do some work in my room tomorrow, I probably wait till later tomorrow night or Friday to open it up.

And that probably be it for a little while Lego wise heh, least decent size sets. I need to save up on a couple other figures and games.:p

Tom_Cody

Here are my pics. The risers are completely stable. No need for worry about them falling off/over.

B8147CE5-7111-4132-9405-0D268A43A25E.jpg

84882B3D-6F07-4192-8369-EB6E7183EAAF.jpg

59E9C3E6-C2A4-474C-BAF4-73B6547F7CC2.jpg

DB02B72E-7D32-4268-AFA7-2DDF53B9D79D.jpg

3C695B77-14D3-4FAB-886B-30375EE49AEB.jpg

Please excuse the completely empty display cabinet. I'm in the middle of lots of lego shuffling at the moment! Those are all 3 riser sizes you get for $10.

Small = Xmen
Med = Avengers 2
Lg = Guardians of the Galaxy

I'll post more pics later of some completed super hero teams, like I usually do. I have a 4 day weekend to mess around with my stuff :p
Nice

Was just at TRU and no exclusive Nexo Knight set. Just some of the regular ones.
They also had Avengejet, but I resisted. I can wait on that one.

Tendo

Was just at TRU and no exclusive Nexo Knight set. Just some of the regular ones.
They also had Avengejet, but I resisted. I can wait on that one.

I was able to order my nexo set from them online this morning.

Only nexo piece I'll be missing now is the wal mart exclusive.

Going to wait on the Ghostbuster house. It is a big chunk of change and I currently have no way to display it until my wife and I build a display table for our modulars and things in the basement. That is something that should be readily available for a couple months, correct?

So what is everyone getting Friday?

Kinda sad there is no new UCS Star Wars set.

I'm picking up the Brick Bank. That is probably all.

ghostmind

Waiting for double VIP in February. I have a vacation in January and am saving my money.

I go crazy in February this year.

You might want to get something in January, so you can get the Nexo Knights Intro Pack, which is only available from Jan. 1st to 10th.

I may get the Brick Bank, or I just might wait until 2xVIP, and get a few smaller sets on January 1st.

Also going to pick up the Parrot polybag promo from the 2016 Calendar.

I would wait til Feb, but am cashing in last years points. Brick bank will be $5
Lol. Awesome!

You might want to get something in January, so you can get the Nexo Knights Intro Pack, which is only available from Jan. 1st to 10th.

I may get the Brick Bank, or I just might wait until 2xVIP, and get a few smaller sets on January 1st.

Also going to pick up the Parrot polybag promo from the 2016 Calendar.
Well then. Knew an exclusive would break me. Brick Bank it is.

ghostmind

The Nexo Knight intro is any purchase though right? I mean, I'll have to get something $75 worth for the free shipping.

Yeah, no limit on it, so if you go to a LEGO store I guess any purchase would be valid. Via S@H you'll probably want to spend $75 for the free shipping.

Eh even if it around 80 pieces, gotta consider the scale and function of these things. Maybe a bit of star wars tax might have been thrown in heh, but it looks pretty much roughly around with the Bionicle sets in piece amount and price.

I'll give it a shot, looks smart enough.

Three orders:

* Ghostbusters HQ
* Brick Bank
* Nexo Knights chariot + 10 CMF15

I kind of want more CMF, as well as a few more sets, but those will all be available in local shops and discounted now and then. I'm only getting these now since I need the chariot ASAP and the others won't be discounted anytime soon.

Passing on Phasma completely. Sorry, but she was a major disappointment. The minifig is still nice though. If I bother getting a certain new City set, I could see a fun scene with her :D

I'm planning on ordering a few of those new figures as soon as they go live on the site. I'll let ya know how they are, with photos and such if ya like.

Ponn

Banned
So Lego Avengers game comes out end of Jan. (reminder to get your preorders in) i'm hating to pay full $60 price for it though. I did it for Lego Batman 3 and still haven't even beat the game and its been on sale for like $10 over the holidays and dropped in price quickly. I'm thinking of just getting the $30 Vita version even though its not going to be the full game and then just picking up the full game on sale later.

Bigfoot

How many hours does it take to build a modular? I keep reading they are fun to build (except the walls) but never get a build time. I would love a Lego project that feels like doing a good puzzle or model (so something that can be spread over a week or even a month).

How many hours does it take to build a modular? I keep reading they are fun to build (except the walls) but never get a build time. I would love a Lego project that feels like doing a good puzzle or model (so something that can be spread over a week or even a month).

Depends on how quick you are. The nice thing is it can be done in stages, a floor at a time.

JANG reviews 70313 Moltor's Lava Smasher:

https://youtu.be/8TX9PGG1qjY

Another winner for the Nexo Knights theme, in my opinion. I am liking the "evil" focussed sets more so than the "good".

I want the Moltor minifig. No real interest in the actual build. I'll definitely grab this set on sale for the minifig and parts. What's with the green knight's nose area? There's a pyramid of dots. Are those supposed to be freckles?

mojiimbo

Waiting for double VIP in February. I have a vacation in January and am saving my money.

I go crazy in February this year.
Double VIP is usually March, isn't it? Only big double VIP in February is 2x points on the architecture White House set around President's Day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom