• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Fossil Museum makes it, that looks so cute.

I really can't see anything else passing though.
Yeah, that one would be cool to get.

I think that Johnny Five would go well with the Wall-E set, but that's a pretty ancient license at this point.

Large Hadron Collier looks kinda bad, but if LEGO could make it good looking and a good build then I'd be interested in it.

Osahi

The results from the next round of LEGO Ideas will be posted in an hour-and-a-half.

It's the old fishing store. Didn't expect that. I had hoped for the Fossil Museum and BB-8 (though I don't think we'll ever get a Star Wars Ideas set). The Fishing Store ideas model looks crazy good though, so this is one I might pick up, depending on the final model and the price

teeny

It's the old fishing hut. Didn't expect that. I had hoped for the Fossil Museum and BB-8 (though I don't think we'll ever get a Star Wars Ideas set). The Fishing Hut ideas model looks crazy good though, so this is one I might pick up, depending on the final model and the price

Do you have a link? Is there a video? I always like those things.

ghostmind

Oh wow, I had hoped the Old Fishing Store would get approved, but thought it was another one of those high piece count concepts that wouldn't pass due its potential high price.

With this and the Saturn V/Apollo, LEGO seems to be expanding Ideas into the high-end D2C market.

yHkdLm7.jpg

U2kXu1E.jpg

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So excited about the Old Fishing Store! I thought it would never have a chance due to its high piece count. I'll most definitely be picking this one up.

Very pleased with that choice! I like that they've moved away from licensed sets after releasing that living room set from an awful sitcom.

Can someone summarize what we need to do to get all 3 of the Holiday items this year? The buildable elves, buildable santa and the snowglobe. I'm trying to plan out my purchases...

Oh wow, I had hoped the Old Fishing Store would get approved, but thought it was another one of those high piece count concepts that wouldn't pass due its potential high price.

With this and the Saturn V/Apollo, LEGO seems to be expanding Ideas into the high-end D2C market.

yHkdLm7.jpg

U2kXu1E.jpg
Hot

Ponn

Banned
Oh wow that Fishing Store is so awesome looking!

Very pleased with that choice! I like that they've moved away from licensed sets after releasing that living room set from an awful sitcom.

Can someone summarize what we need to do to get all 3 of the Holiday items this year? The buildable elves, buildable santa and the snowglobe. I'm trying to plan out my purchases...

The buildable santa and elves are just seasonal sets if i'm not mistaken, probably just $10 like the recent vampire and pilgrim guy. The nutcracker ornament should be the first freebie avail on nov. 1st and then the snowglobe for brickfriday, purchases over $99. It should be on the Nov. Lego calendar.

So i'm in Jax and i'm going to get some stuff around for the coming storm. Thinking of building if/when the power goes out. Probably either GB HQ or probably my Halloween scene.

Ohhh I would gladly add "annual random high-quality buidlinng off Ideas" to my list of guaranteed purchases. The old fishing store is adorable.

It's the old fishing store. Didn't expect that. I had hoped for the Fossil Museum and BB-8 (though I don't think we'll ever get a Star Wars Ideas set). The Fishing Store ideas model looks crazy good though, so this is one I might pick up, depending on the final model and the price

I wanted this set. So glad it passed, since it does not have anything IP remarkable behind it.

But I was hoping for the Fossil Museum too. Maybe Lego Company thought it was too similar to what the competition is already doing (Kawada).

No way those SW sets would pass, no matter how good (BB-8 looks cute) cause at "one Idea set per IP" rule will block anything SW related that is not really, really amazing.

Edited: Jonny V is a too old IP, no many people reminds it, and it would be quite similar to Wall-E in terms of niche market. They never allowed a modular in Ideas, so no chance for Train Station, although the Fishing House is a set in that direction (the author already have two other related sets submitted). Gingerbread House would be seasonal, and they never released a Ideas set that way.

Oh wow that Fishing Store is so awesome looking!

The buildable santa and elves are just seasonal sets if i'm not mistaken, probably just $10 like the recent vampire and pilgrim guy. The nutcracker ornament should be the first freebie avail on nov. 1st and then the snowglobe for brickfriday, purchases over $99. It should be on the Nov. Lego calendar.

So i'm in Jax and i'm going to get some stuff around for the coming storm. Thinking of building if/when the power goes out. Probably either GB HQ or probably my Halloween scene.

Thank you! So the annual "1 & 2" sets are the ornament & snowglobe. Very much appreciated.

Stay safe in Jax! Are you sandbagging?

Was not expecting that, but will buy probably, it's lovely.

Gutted about the fossil museum though, that was even lovelier. I wonder what did for it, seemed to have everything.

TheFuzz

Fishing store made it!?!??

Holy hell. Day one. Great build that will have some nice techniques and it will be a gold mine for MOC parts.

Gutted about the fossil museum though, that was even lovelier. I wonder what did for it, seemed to have everything.

As i said, maybe Lego Company thought it was too similar to the competition (Kawada) is already offering (not counting also the infinite numbers of bootlegs companies from it):

e5lvq08.jpg

0F0uuQl.jpg

kNL5NCO.jpg

bootleg:
4Yu6ffK.jpg

Ponn

Banned
Thank you! So the annual "1 & 2" sets are the ornament & snowglobe. Very much appreciated.

Stay safe in Jax! Are you sandbagging?

Not sandbagging. A very small canal behind place going to keep an eye on but it has a very deep wall. More concerned about snakes. Going to grill out, drink some grey goose and build stuff.

Ryuuroden

Wow, this is awesome that a building like that got approved. I hope a lot of people get this and the Saturn 5 to show that large projects are viable.

Old Fishing Store is going to bomb. It looks good, do not get me wrong, but how many people are going to display this? I really doubt there is a market for this, especially at a high price point.

I am betting this set will retire within a year after release.

___

Listened to the new episode of All Sorted today. Happy they are back, great episode on Lego Dimension year 2.

Old Fishing Store is going to bomb. It looks good, do not get me wrong, but how many people are going to display this? .

I will. I thing it looks amazing and will make a great display. Heck, I would even buy a second set for pieces if the authors release his other creations in case they will not be approved.

Old Fishing Store is going to bomb. It looks good, do not get me wrong, but how many people are going to display this? I really doubt there is a market for this, especially at a high price point.

___

Listened to the new episode of All Sorted today. Happy they are back, great episode on Lego Dimension year 2.

Wow. I'm glad the podcast is back. They sort of fell of the face of the earth. And I love the Old Fishing Store.

Experien

___

Maybe they wanted a small factory run? Watch out for resellers?

Koren

Surprised but happy for the fish store...

I think it'll be a not-really-modular-but-still build like the Haunted House (it also open by the side), so a welcome addition. I'm definitively in.

TheFuzz

I got one of the Revan polybags last Friday but not sure I want to keep it. Anyone interested in a trade? I'd really like the classic Mr Freeze poly.

Before everyone gets their hopes up about Fishing store, keep in mind that what we see now is BEFORE Lego gets their hands on it. They will probably dumb it down a LOT, having to keep piece count and price range in mind right?

Koren

Before everyone gets their hopes up about Fishing store, keep in mind that what we see now is BEFORE Lego gets their hands on it. They will probably dumb it down a LOT, having to keep piece count and price range in mind right?
That's what I thought for Saturn V... Now, I'm not so sure. They don't "have to", in any case.

Also, if the 2017 modular is indeed ~400€, there's a hole for a ~150€ building.

Question...have they ever made parts for a Bat-Signal? I've been thinking about doing a moc of GCPD for my street, but I'm not sure how to do a Bat-Signal without the right kind of flat, transparent disc with a bat on it.

wetwired

yHkdLm7.jpg

U2kXu1E.jpg

Colour me surprised, I thought this had zero chance given its size.

Sucks we don't get Johnny 5 :(

As i said, maybe Lego Company thought it was too similar to the competition (Kawada) is already offering (not counting also the infinite numbers of bootlegs companies from it):

e5lvq08.jpg

0F0uuQl.jpg

kNL5NCO.jpg

bootleg:
4Yu6ffK.jpg

Those are pretty cool. I wouldn't classify them as bootleg. Those sets don't infringe on an IP, trademark, or patent that I can see. The company name seems familiar and maybe they do make bootlegs. Maybe those are copies of someone's MOC's. *shrug*

Those are pretty cool. I wouldn't classify them as bootleg. Those sets don't infringe on an IP, trademark, or patent that I can see. The company name seems familiar and maybe they do make bootlegs. Maybe those are copies of someone's MOC's. *shrug*

The first 3 are Kawada official sets (nanoblock), there are more sets and they are pretty cool. It is a Japanese company that makes nano size blocks, very small. I have some sets. That is no way bootlegs (much like Megabloks).

The last picture is bootleg. The sets are from chinese company Diamond that direct copy the Kawada designs, and not only their dinosaur line. True, they added the bases and nanofigs, but still are copies. And there are dozens od chinese companies that direct copy Kawada designs, without adding anything.

That is why I think Lego Company would like to stay out of this confusion mess.

ghostmind

LOL - Lepin is now making sets out of AFOLs' modular building MOC's and CUUSOO/Ideas projects. Had some folks thinking it was a new official LEGO modular.

TheFuzz

Question...have they ever made parts for a Bat-Signal? I've been thinking about doing a moc of GCPD for my street, but I'm not sure how to do a Bat-Signal without the right kind of flat, transparent disc with a bat on it.

Here's mine from earlier this year, maybe this will give some inspiration? I'd love to see another take on it.

XM0lMRo.jpg

Here's mine from earlier this year, maybe this will give some inspiration? I'd love to see another take on it.

http://imgur.com/XM0lMRo.jpg[/img[/QUOTE]

Very impressive work! This will be my first large, modular-scale project, I hope mine turns out half as good as that one, wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom