• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
More and more "extensions" to LEGO bricks are popping up a lot lately. Flexo, conductive bricks, light bricks, etc.

This is one really cool. I think this and Flexo will do well.

Kickstarter link
PHLltj3.gif

Maengun1

If that Arkham Asylum has even a passably nice interior I won't be able to resist it. I have one of the old batcaves but I've missed out on previous Arkham sets and I love the look/color of the exterior

Kinda wish the villains had normal bodies instead of jumpsuits but I get it

If that Arkham Asylum has even a passably nice interior I won't be able to resist it. I have one of the old batcaves but I've missed out on previous Arkham sets and I love the look/color of the exterior

Kinda wish the villains had normal bodies instead of jumpsuits but I get it
Funny enough, the jumpsuits is what sells me on the figs. Especially the ones where they are wearing masks for no reason. I just find it funny.

ghostmind

Wasn't there rumors of a large batwing set?

I believe there was.

Remember that the large sets for the LEGO Movie didn't arrive until the second wave (June), and the Sea Cow arrived in March.

There are additional sets for the LEGO Batman Movie scheduled for summer 2017, though I haven't heard about a D2C set yet.

teeny

Ermagehrd. Both of those are cool and the figs are hilarious.

I built the AT-ST last night and whilst, yeah, the lack of articulation in the legs is kind of disappointing, the actual build is great and the finished model with head turning action is really fun.

Baze's minifigure is a bit off; the hair piece isn't right and it would have been cool to get some kind of red pauldron instead of printing on the chest to represent it, but eh. Close enough.

Osahi

Saw Poe's X-Wing Fighter for around 50 euro... not a HUGE discount but still... yay or nay?

If you don't have previous X-Wing versions, definitely a yay. It's basicly the same build for three models now, but it's a great one. I personally really like the colorscheme too (well, not at first, but it grew on me and I prefer it to the grey-blue the more recent model has) and I like the little loading cart that comes with it. Minifig selection is okay (great helmets), and you get a BB-8! You can never have enough BB-8's.

If you don't have previous X-Wing versions, definitely a yay. It's basicly the same build for three models now, but it's a great one. I personally really like the colorscheme too (well, not at first, but it grew on me and I prefer it to the grey-blue the more recent model has) and I like the little loading cart that comes with it. Minifig selection is okay (great helmets), and you get a BB-8! You can never have enough BB-8's.

Hmmm.. i am conflicted since i DO own the previous X-Wing but so far i haven't built it yet... I guess it really depends on whether i want to expand my Star Wars display or not.

Sparse

well apparently there's 10 sets coming out for it so they wouldn't make the new moulds for the hair/hats just for the arkham set, between those 10 and the CMF line we should get "normal" versions of each of the villians

Good point.

Ah, crap, top of the page. Well, my bank is even more concerned now as I snagged the Scooby Mystery Mansion for £55 from Amazon. Then I caved and got the Mini Cooper using GB10 and VIP points for £55, too... Thank god Arkham isn't until January.

Rootbeer

Banned
I will probably get the Superhero Girls sets. They look fun, and the comic that came out won me over just with its title: Finals Crisis.
I love me a bad pun.

I'm not sure if I have the budget for them after all the LEGO Batman Movie stuff on top of my other buys (like SW, also in january)

As always, LEGO poses tough questions.

They go into my "Is this >20% off yet?" pile.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I believe there was.

Remember that the large sets for the LEGO Movie didn't arrive until the second wave (June), and the Sea Cow arrived in March.

There are additional sets for the LEGO Batman Movie scheduled for summer 2017, though I haven't heard about a D2C set yet.

Wane Manor or GCPD could be a shout, though after the Cave and Arkham im not sure what the chances of other big sets would be?

Wane Manor or GCPD could be a shout, though after the Cave and Arkham im not sure what the chances of other big sets would be?

Well, we'd still need an actual BIG set, you know, Sea Cow style? The biggest we've gotten so far is AA and that "only" has 1600 pieces.

A huge Batwing would be sweet indeed.

I'm trying to come up with a list of sets I haven't gotten yet that I should during the 2x VIP and also how to prioritize since I won't be able to buy them all.

Brick Bank
Big Ben
Volkswagen Beetle
Holiday Winter Train
Simpson House

I'm not interested in SW, but are there any great sets that I'm not coming up with? I keep putting off Simpson House since the overall impression seems to be meh, but I do have Kwik-E-Mart and I feel like I'll regret it if I don't get the house as well.

Gonna grab those smaller DC super hero minidoll sets. Invisible motorcycle is great nod to invisible plane.

Funny that Bumblebee who can fly needs a helicopter.

Gonna grab those smaller DC super hero minidoll sets. Invisible motorcycle is great nod to invisible plane.

Funny that Bumblebee who can fly needs a helicopter.

Pff, tell that to Spiderman and his bike, or, to Superman and his flying spaceship thingie in the Dimensions funpak or... i could go on and on about this but i think you got the idea :p

ghostmind

DC Super Hero Girls press release:

NEW YORK, Oct. 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- NEW YORK COMIC-CON – LEGO Systems, Inc., in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment, today unveiled its first six building sets inspired by the popular DC Super Hero Girls franchise.

Featuring a powerful and diverse roster of renowned female DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains, LEGO® DC Super Hero Girls building sets engage children's creativity and imagination to recreate the property's action-packed, high school based storyline.

To leverage the momentum of the franchise this holiday gifting season, the company is advancing availability of three of the six new building sets to hit shelves on November 27, 2016, only in the United States, Canada and Mexico, with the remaining three becoming available during the originally scheduled global launch in January 2017.

Additional mission-based building sets will launch globally in August 2017. New York Comic Con attendees are the first to preview the new collection at the LEGO booth #1336 in Hall 3B at Jacob K. Javits Convention Center from October 6-9.

"We are really thrilled to bring to life the combination of teamwork, fun and action-packed missions found in this DC Super Hero universe on our LEGO minidoll platform," said Jill Wilfert, vice president licensing and entertainment for the LEGO Group."The DC Super Hero Girls story translates so well into construction play, inspiring great vehicles and structures with surprising features that, together with the DC Super Hero Girls characters, provide hours of creative building and role play fun."

In partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment, DC Super Hero Girls provides children with a relatable world filled with aspirational characters, immersive stories and action-packed missions that inspire girls aged 7-10 to be smart, courageous and empowered to be an everyday Super Hero. Centering around some of the most renowned DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains as they learn to develop and harness their super powers at Super Hero High, the LEGO DC Super Hero Girls collection features 11 iconic DC Super Hero Girls characters in LEGO form including: Wonder Woman™, Batgirl™, Supergirl™, Harley Quinn™, Poison Ivy™, Bumblebee™, Flash™, Eclipso™, Lena Luther™, Lashina™ and Mad Harriet™.
"Together with our long-standing partners at the LEGO Group, we're excited to bring DC Super Hero Girls to life in LEGO form," said Kelly Gilmore, Senior Vice President of Global Toys for Warner Bros. Consumer Products. "Capturing these strong, brave and powerful characters and empowering storylines, children around the world can now work on their super building powers as they play and rebuild together with their favorite DC Super Hero characters."

LEGO DC Super Hero Girls Batgirl™ Batjet ($24.99), Harley Quinn™ to the Rescue ($29.99), and Super Hero High School ($79.99) building sets will be available beginning on November 27 in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, and launch globally in January 2017. Three additional building sets make up the global January launch, including Lashina™ Tank ($14.99), Bumblebee™ Helicopter ($14.99), and Wonder Woman™ Dorm Room ($19.99).

New York Comic Con Activities
In addition to the building sets, fans will be delighted by LEGO Master Builder creations, including life-sized LEGO models of DC Super Hero Girls™ Supergirl™ and Harley Quinn™ standing over 5-feet tall each, plus a massive tryptic LEGO mosaic built from LEGO Bricks featuring DC Super Heroes Bumblee™, Wonder Woman™ and Batgirl™ characters. A LEGO version of DC Super Hero Girls Batgirl™ will be given away to lucky winners in a daily drawing beginning on Thursday, October 6, starting at 12:30pm ET, while supplies last.

To secure an opportunity to receive the special LEGO DC Super Hero Girls giveaway, show attendees with a 4-Day Fan badge, 3-Day Fan Badge or Single Fan badge should head to the back of Hall 1E for a 12:30pm drawing. There will be one drawing per person, per day. Prizes will be awarded onsite.

Fans who are not attending New York Comic Con have a chance to win the exclusive LEGO DC Super Hero Girls Batgirl™ giveaway via Twitter by following @LEGO_Group and the hashtag #LEGONYCC.

ghostmind

TRU Canada deals, starting October 7th:

50% off
41078 Skyra's Mysterious Sky Castle (sale $49.97)
60096 Deep Sea Operations Base (sale $64.97)
70732 City of Stiix (sale $64.97)

30% off
21302 Ideas - Big Bang Theory
41068 Arendelle Castle Celebration
75086 Battle Droid Troop Carrier

20% off
DC Super Heroes sets

*Free Bricktober LEGO Warriors Minifigure Collection (with $75 LEGO purchase)
*Free Spider-Man vs The Venom Symbiote polybag (with $25 LEGO purchase)

TRU Canada deals, starting October 7th:

50% off
41078 Skyra's Mysterious Sky Castle (sale $49.97)
60096 Deep Sea Operations Base (sale $64.97)
70732 City of Stiix (sale $64.97)

30% off
21302 Ideas - Big Bang Theory
41068 Arendelle Castle Celebration
75086 Battle Droid Troop Carrier

20% off
DC Super Heroes sets

*Free Bricktober LEGO Warriors Minifigure Collection (with $75 LEGO purchase)
*Free Spider-Man vs The Venom Symbiote polybag (with $25 LEGO purchase)
This is only in Canada?

Ponn

Banned
Nov. 27th is a weird release date for those new Batman movie sets. Unfortunately if its true its still after Brick Friday so wah wah still have to think of something to get for Brick Friday to get the promos. I jumped on Disney Castle as soon as it popped back up so now I have to to come up with something over $99 for Nov. 1st for the first promo and then again for Brick Friday. My options so far are

1) Krennics Shuttle, one of the most likely ones. Really like its looks. I actually was looking forward to Kylo Ren's shuttle before we found out they messed up the wings. I really dig all the Imperial Shuttle type ships.

2) Tie Striker - Again, also dig the Tie and all the variant ships so this is also high in contention.

3) Caterham - I'm not really a big "car" person, thats why the yearly car creator sets were never must gets for me. Something about this one intrigues me though.

4) Fun in the Park - I still have to pick this set up so this would be something I would order with another set like the Tie Striker to get over $100.

Thats really it. I've actually done pretty good this year and have caught up on any must get sets and trimmed down my want list. I gave up on the Tower Bridge and Big Ben want just accepting I don't have the room and the builds just wouldn't work for me.

Nov. 27th is a weird release date for those new Batman movie sets. Unfortunately if its true its still after Brick Friday so wah wah still have to think of something to get for Brick Friday to get the promos. I jumped on Disney Castle as soon as it popped back up so now I have to to come up with something over $99 for Nov. 1st for the first promo and then again for Brick Friday. My options so far are

1) Krennics Shuttle, one of the most likely ones. Really like its looks. I actually was looking forward to Kylo Ren's shuttle before we found out they messed up the wings. I really dig all the Imperial Shuttle type ships.

2) Tie Striker - Again, also dig the Tie and all the variant ships so this is also high in contention.

3) Caterham - I'm not really a big "car" person, thats why the yearly car creator sets were never must gets for me. Something about this one intrigues me though.

4) Fun in the Park - I still have to pick this set up so this would be something I would order with another set like the Tie Striker to get over $100.

Thats really it. I've actually done pretty good this year and have caught up on any must get sets and trimmed down my want list. I gave up on the Tower Bridge and Big Ben want just accepting I don't have the room and the builds just wouldn't work for me.
Fun in the Park is fantastic. Highly, highly recommended.

Do you have the Beetle yet? I forget. If not, get that. Or Vacation Getaways.

Ponn

Banned
Fun in the Park is fantastic. Highly, highly recommended.

Do you have the Beetle yet? I forget. If not, get that. Or Vacation Getaways.

Beetle was the first car to actually catch my attention. I've taken a hard line though on sets that are going to be displayed or not at this point. I just don't have much if any space left. Unless I start using my bathroom...hmmm.

Beetle was the first car to actually catch my attention. I've taken a hard line though on sets that are going to be displayed or not at this point. I just don't have much if any space left. Unless I start using my bathroom...hmmm.
Good news! Beetle has a nice small footprint, and takes up very little vertical space. Perfect for the space strapped people.

Yes, I am enabling.

Do you have shelves up to the ceiling? Space on your work office desk? Under the bed?

Ponn

Banned
Do you have shelves up to the ceiling? Space on your work office desk? Under the bed?

Actually I do have shelves up to the ceiling, one of which fell down a while back but is slowly getting re-populated. I don't have a bed frame so no room under bed. Some of my TV is blocked off with vehicles sitting in front of it. I'm seriously considering the bathroom thing though. I can get one of those multilevel stands that fit behind your toilet and maybe throw my Ninjago dragons in there.

PSA Ewok Village is $219 at Walmart.com. They have a couple other sets discounted to like the Sandcrawler and the Temple of Airjitsu.

Actually I do have shelves up to the ceiling, one of which fell down a while back but is slowly getting re-populated. I don't have a bed frame so no room under bed. Some of my TV is blocked off with vehicles sitting in front of it. I'm seriously considering the bathroom thing though. I can get one of those multilevel stands that fit behind your toilet and maybe throw my Ninjago dragons in there.

PSA Ewok Village is $219 at Walmart.com. They have a couple other sets discounted to like the Sandcrawler and the Temple of Airjitsu.

You know you need a VW Beetle to fill in some gaps somewhere. :)

And jump on Ewok Village, people!

Hard to think it has been almost 3 years since i posted all those pics of its magnificence.
wi14EAwl.jpg

Glad i jumped on Ewok Village because someone thought it was gonna disappear. Turns out it didn't, but i still built it right away and don't regret it one bit! The only thing that's kinda sad about it is that you have to display it at eye level at the MOST, better lower than that, any higher (like at my place) and it loses like 30% of it's awesomeness as far as looks go as the underside really isn't as spectacular by a LONG shot.

Maengun1

I'm trying to come up with a list of sets I haven't gotten yet that I should during the 2x VIP and also how to prioritize since I won't be able to buy them all.

Brick Bank
Big Ben
Volkswagen Beetle
Holiday Winter Train
Simpson House

I'm not interested in SW, but are there any great sets that I'm not coming up with? I keep putting off Simpson House since the overall impression seems to be meh, but I do have Kwik-E-Mart and I feel like I'll regret it if I don't get the house as well.

I absolutely love the Simpsons House, if you're a fan of the show the set is full of love and looks amazing with the Kwik-E-Mart. And it's virtually certain to be the first retired out of your list, it could go any day now tbh. Go for it!

Experien

Built K-2SO last night and I am a big fan. First constructable too, not sure if I'd be a big fan of these if it was a person though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom