• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love an Ebon Hawk too! Perhaps you can MOC it. Are you looking for Darth Malgus or the ship itself? i snagged a Darth Malgus for US$25...and just got a Supercar (8070) for US$70...both pre-owned and off eBay.
I like the ship itself a lot, but the Darth Malgus figure is pretty great too (mainly because he looks like Dark Malak).

There's a lot of Ebon Hawks people have built, but most of them are too large for my liking.

Ponn

Banned
I played through the Adventure Time Dimensions level pack today. Really, really great level pack. They nailed the show in Lego form perfect and the levels flowed really great. Characters are adorable and fans of the show will love the fan service and easter eggs. I dare say it is even better than my previous favorite level packs of Dr. Who and Ghostbusters. I ran into my first Supergirl required puzzle though, grrrrrrrrrr.

Woorloog

Banned
I got the 2014 Star Wars AT-AP (out of production now).

It is great!

Very nice looking when finished, a lot of details, nice size. The leg's especially looks great, very detailed. Makes a great display piece.
Has some interesting building techniques, especially the side panels of the body. Never would have though about making a "hook" to hold them closed. Impressive.

It is kinda hollow and has some holes, though mostly so that they aren't immediately apparent or visible. But this is all right, i noticed there's a lot of stuff i could modify, to make this even better.
There are a couple of things i could do to make this more accurate but that might require making the body slightly longer.

The only real downside in the set is the minifig selection, with only one Clone Trooper instead of 3 of them (since the walker seats 3). Never been really interested in minifigs, and even less so about Wookiees. The standard Battle Droids are OK, if i'd look for my existing ones i'd have a nice extra large platoon of them. The Super Battle Droid is meh, the way the torso is molded with hollow back is disappointing.
Also, there were some piece choices that felt like they were for inflating the piece count rather than having actual purpose. The center piece everything's built upon is perhaps too complex and the same durability/stability could be achieved with some simplification.

Shame the AT-AP is close to unknown, visible only very shortly in Revenge of the Sith, with no real close-ups. An interesting and good looking walker. Kinda impressive how good model Lego has produced from so little.

Rolsen

Neo Member
Ever thought about launching these on ideas? They are awesome!
Thanks! I've thought about it, but I kind of doubt LEGO would be willing to pick up the Babylon 5 license. As for the micro space ships, ever since the FTL ideas project got 10k votes but wasn't selected, I'm not sure LEGO would want more microscale ships.

Anyone else having problems finding mixels? My walmarts dont stock them, and my target is always 2 waves behind. Only places that have the new ones reliably are toys r us and the lego store, but those are pretty far away from me.

I guess maybe the sales are bad? Would explain why its ending

Anyone else having problems finding mixels? My walmarts dont stock them, and my target is always 2 waves behind. Only places that have the new ones reliably are toys r us and the lego store, but those are pretty far away from me.

I guess maybe the sales are bad? Would explain why its ending
BN has them.

I played through the Adventure Time Dimensions level pack today. Really, really great level pack. They nailed the show in Lego form perfect and the levels flowed really great. Characters are adorable and fans of the show will love the fan service and easter eggs. I dare say it is even better than my previous favorite level packs of Dr. Who and Ghostbusters. I ran into my first Supergirl required puzzle though, grrrrrrrrrr.

Didn't you also run into a lot of bugs though? I heard 2.0 is pretty buggy so far compared to year 1?

As for Supergirl, apparently she becomes available later on?

Rootbeer

Banned
Great set at a great price... I'm trying to curb my spending though... it hurts so much :(

I'll hope for more opportunities in this set I guess.

Maengun1

Heads up! Barnes and Noble website is offering 30% off toys. It worked on Temple of Airjitzu.

Dang, went virtually running over there since I still haven't picked up the Brick Bank but it looks like they aren't offering the sale on that one for some reason.

Temple of Airjitzu is super tempting, but it's not on my musssttttt have list...ahhhh these situations are painful lol

Thanks for the heads up though, I can tell I'm gonna be hovering on their site for the next few days

Koren

Dark blue basic parts can very easily be found on shop.lego.com, either on PAB or BAP.

Sand green is actually (kind of) available quite readily on LEGO's store. IIRC there are no 1x8, 1x6 or 1x2 bricks, but you can get 1x4 and 1x1 which is probably good enough to make a decent enough correctly-coloured version.
Just visited the shop, there's barely half a dozen parts in sand green and dark blue on PaB. And no brick in SG except 1x1 (especially no 1x4).

Are you both referring mainly to BaP? I've yet to use BaP, I mean... it seems like a service to replace parts from sets. I don't understand why they offer two services to buy parts. Can you really order hundreds of parts there without breaking any rules, or is it a kind of loophole? With Lego banhammer...

Walmart has the new LEGO Creator Vacation Getaways (31052) for $42.48 which is almost a 40% discount.
I wish I saw more of this kind of discounts here :/ I virtually have to buy everything full price...

Just visited the shop, there's barely half a dozen parts in sand green and dark blue on PaB. And no brick in SG except 1x1 (especially no 1x4).

Are you both referring mainly to BaP? I've yet to use BaP, I mean... it seems like a service to replace parts from sets. I don't understand why they offer two services to buy parts. Can you really order hundreds of parts there without breaking any rules, or is it a kind of loophole? With Lego banhammer...

I wish I saw more of this kind of discounts here :/ I virtually have to buy everything full price...

PAB is pretty much the equivalent of the wall. They offer tons of rather common parts for a lower price, since they probably have the process well automated.

BAP is a much wider selection, and probably more of a hand picked service, which is why it costs more. There are restrictions on how much you can buy of a single part, but I think you can call them and ask to increase the number.

Since BAP is an open shop, I don't see why they would ban you for anything. They already restrict some licensed parts. On the other hand, if you would use the replacement service to ask for tons of parts, that would be a problem.

Koren

Since BAP is an open shop, I don't see why they would ban you for anything. They already restrict some licensed parts. On the other hand, if you would use the replacement service to ask for tons of parts, that would be a problem.
Well, maybe the reason why I'm reluctant to use it is that it's called "replacement bricks" here.

I agree it's open, but I don't really see on what ground they ban people buying several times the same set either...

Maybe I'm paranoid, but seeing how rare discounts are here, even VIP points are interesting...

Vacation Getaways may very well be my top set of 2016.

Resist at your own risk.

Stop hyping this more than it already is damnit :(

I was looking at it a couple of times now but i just can NOT justify getting an additonal Creator set now at full price (or nearly) when i am about to go crazy next week for 2 X VIP in the Lego store!!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Is the Ninjago movie going to be more like the Lego Movie and Lego Batman or is it more like those movies that are bundled with minifigs?

Well, maybe the reason why I'm reluctant to use it is that it's called "replacement bricks" here.

I agree it's open, but I don't really see on what ground they ban people buying several times the same set either...

Maybe I'm paranoid, but seeing how rare discounts are here, even VIP points are interesting...

BAP:
https://wwwsecure.us.lego.com/sv-se/service/replacementparts/sale

Replacement parts:
https://wwwsecure.us.lego.com/sv-se/service/replacementparts/order

On one, you pay for the parts on offer. On one, you request parts for free.

You can buy individual parts through Pick A Brick or through Bricks & Pieces.

Pick A Brick offers our most popular bricks and they'll sometimes be at a lower price. Plus you'll earn VIP points on your order and qualify for LEGO Shop promotions.

Bricks & Pieces has a wider selection of bricks and is ideal for fans who've lost a part. Some bricks may cost more than through Pick A Brick.

VIP points can be redeemed on both Pick A Brick and Bricks & Pieces orders.

Seems fairly straightforward to me. On the other hand, if the shop says that a set is limited to 5 copies and someone makes five orders of 5 each, it's pretty obvious that Lego is going to be pissed.

Koren

Seems fairly straightforward to me.
I guess so... Again, I probably think too much about it. It's just that I haven't "lost" a brick, I want a bunch of those to build modulars MOCs ;)

At the same times, it's often more expensive than BL, so I'll probably go to BaP to fill the voids.

On the other hand, if the shop says that a set is limited to 5 copies and someone makes five orders of 5 each, it's pretty obvious that Lego is going to be pissed.
Well, if the shop says limited, I understand easily that they're mad. If that's the reason of bans, I shouldn't think that much about this...

Anyway, many thanks for reassuring me ^_^

As it turns out, after finishing my latest modular, I have a bunch of LBG, quite a lot of dark red and a little sand green left over.

XvEe1gy.jpg

Now what building happens to be in those specific colours...?

TheFuzz

As it turns out, after finishing my latest modular, I have a bunch of LBG, quite a lot of dark red and a little sand green left over.

Now what building happens to be in those specific colours...?

I have no desire to see the movie, but a modular Design of the new GB headquarters has my interest piqued!

mojiimbo

Long shot but anyone in the U.S. have a Haunted House that they'd be interested in trading for an in-production set? It's that time of year that I'm kicking myself for letting it slip away. PM me if interested. Thanks!

Fowler

So... I had a wedding celebration in Hong Kong this weekend for all our family and friends.

We wanted to do something a little different for our wedding video. So we found a guy on YouTube who animates LEGO videos (James Morr), gave him a script, sent him our voice track, and... here's the final result:

The Story of Ally & Ravi

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm fixing to place an order and am considering trying to put together a fun little Halloween vignette. Any suggestions on either a set or a good parts pack to do something fun with?

Ponn

Banned
Jesus, the value of the UCS TIE has just bottomed out since that original Wal-mart sale.

AWD UCS TIE like new for $98

I'm fixing to place an order and am considering trying to put together a fun little Halloween vignette. Any suggestions on either a set or a good parts pack to do something fun with?

Partially depends on where you are ordering from. Scooby Doo sets are still available and are great for a more campy Halloween scene. Most of the Monster Fighters sets can be found at very reasonable prices. Most are only 10-20% over msrp in the after market except for a notable few (HH and that damn zombie set). MF sets are the goto sets for Halloween mocs. Some villain nexo knight sets have some useful parts for Halloween mocing as well.

Set 40228 is right now by far the best Halloween themed set on the market. A must for any Lego Halloween display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom