• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW-eeee Wow. Okay, so couple things.

1) That Riddler set will be pretty sought after for all those unique figs.

2) Speaking of Riddler FINALLY he gets a proper Riddler question mark cane

3) That Croc truck looks pretty awesome for just a 4 x 4 truck

4) Lots of Batgirl figs

Hmm. I think I'll have to get that Scuttler for all those neat minifigs and hair pieces, and probably the Riddler car as well. It's great to see a massive flesh minifig theme again - there's always a ton of parts I can use.

ghostmind

Bmr1XFG.jpg

q4sPijn.jpg

Fg5nHfx.jpg

11Enx16.jpg

CvihT6N.jpg

YyaSnUQ.jpg

Am4Lfpg.jpg

P26WYoW.jpg

1332Jld.jpg

Fa9RfaT.jpg

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Totally on board, just worried about price. Minifigs usually bump up set cost quite a bit. What other sets are there?

The Scarecrow Pizza bike
Arkham Asylum
Penguin Limo
Batman CMFs

Then there's a second wave in the summer, right?

Going to be so broke.

ghostmind

Missing 70910 Scarecrow's Special Delivery (which we saw in the set instructions images yesterday - retail exclusive), 70911 Penguin's Limo (no images yet - retail exclusive), and 70912 Arkham Asylum (already revealed - TRU exclusive).

EDIT: as RichardAM mentions, also the 20 minifig CMF to be revealed, and the 5 summer sets.

TheFuzz

Most of you have seen my modular MOCs and some other city-based stuff, but I wanted to show off something I've been working on for a couple weeks here and there.

I've been wanting to work on a space-base for awhile, but figured I'd reacquaint myself with some smaller pieces first. Plus, they need a way to get there, right? This gave me a way to really test out the various SNOT techniques as well as some sideways-building that I've never tried before.

Don't know what to call it, but I got some inspiration from Interstellar so I'm going to call it a Jump Ranger. Enjoy!

k5olJ4g.jpg

0IEk1lA.jpg

F5MX2cB.jpg

e7kZnrO.jpg

wetwired

Most of you have seen my modular MOCs and some other city-based stuff, but I wanted to show off something I've been working on for a couple weeks here and there.

I've been wanting to work on a space-base for awhile, but figured I'd reacquaint myself with some smaller pieces first. Plus, they need a way to get there, right? This gave me a way to really test out the various SNOT techniques as well as some sideways-building that I've never tried before.

Don't know what to call it, but I got some inspiration from Interstellar so I'm going to call it a Jump Ranger. Enjoy!

k5olJ4g.jpg

0IEk1lA.jpg

F5MX2cB.jpg

e7kZnrO.jpg

Awesome, reminds me of one of the first MOCs I did years ago my "Nugget" spaceship.

AU20-C "Nugget" Starfighter by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Got 'em all. When will the rest be available? I have a lot of LEGO points I need to use up.

January 1 is the assumption we all have, which means TRU might have them late December. I'm curious to see if Arkham is actually a January set or not, considering how early it was revealed. But LEGO is definitely not my collecting focus so I could have missed any sort of release date confirmation for it.

Ponn

Banned
Hmm. I think I'll have to get that Scuttler for all those neat minifigs and hair pieces, and probably the Riddler car as well. It's great to see a massive flesh minifig theme again - there's always a ton of parts I can use.

Yea, I guess its not just the Riddler set but all these sets have a good number of unique figs to them. i think I would label that Riddler set the odd ball D-List Batman Villain set.

Edit: Are they following the Lego Movie plan with this? Another wave in the Spring? Are they planning a big D2C set?

TheFuzz

k5olJ4g.jpg

0IEk1lA.jpg

F5MX2cB.jpg

e7kZnrO.jpg

Awesome, reminds me of one of the first MOCs I did years ago my "Nugget" spaceship.

AU20-C "Nugget" Starfighter by Brent Waller, on Flickr

(Shameless quote for new page).

Thanks, Wet. I love the design of the Nugget. If you have any details or pics on how the sides are angled into the nose, I'd love to see it.

wetwired

(Shameless quote for new page).

Thanks, Wet. I love the design of the Nugget. If you have any details or pics on how the sides are angled into the nose, I'd love to see it.

It was a very long time ago (7 years now!) but there's more pics here

It looks like I used hinges and offset the placement of them at the front to join them together

Pretty decent LEGO sale at Target right now!

Avengers tower for $35, Star Wars Clone Turbo Tank for $75 and many, many more deals.

https://slickdeals.net/f/9324079-lego-star-wars-clone-turbo-tank-75-19-more-free-shipping
https://slickdeals.net/f/9324091-lego-friends-heartlake-grand-hotel-83-19-more-free-shipping
https://slickdeals.net/f/9324103-le...-ock-s-tentacle-trap-25-59-more-free-shipping

In fact it looks like they have over 100 sets on sale so if you have been waiting for something to get cheaper, look around on their site.

*edit*
prefer amazon? they are price matching. here is one example:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CIGN2TE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Thank you, I noticed Target took few items off sale like the Turbo Tank and Obi-Wan Jedi Star fighter.

You need to build it in a way where the towers are closer to the center and then join it up.

It's a great set to have a Spiderverse battle royal.

I've thought about buying a second one, selling the figs and doing just this. Still a terrific set with just one but two would be ideal.

I fixed up the light placement a bit and took the disney castle out on the footpath like a nerd at 10pm under the supermoon

Awesome. Mickey & Minnie look decidedly sinister down there...

Bigfoot

Thanks! I was waiting for those. But... they do not seem to fold, do they?
Me too. The Townhouse set looks like it could fold with the park square moving on it's own (similar to Corner Deli).

The last 4 Creator houses are my version of a modular city (since I can't afford nor have the room to display a full sized modular). The Townhouse will be a nice addition.

The Townhouse set looks like it could fold with the park square moving on it's own (similar to Corner Deli).

I don't know. To be like that it would require that the second floor of the "right" part of the building to have a back build, since the "left" side is only one floor. When folded, we will be seeing the interior of the second floor if not so. But I am not seeing that.

Anyway, both sets seems to benefect is we double them, making two sets into one larger with both sides built.

I found a sealed The Zombies (9465) set in my storeroom, that I had forgotten about. I can't bring myself to open it, since all my Monster Fighters sets have been disassembled.

I'd love to do some lighting like that with the modulars once I have them all set up again. I have a ways to go, though. :/

Lovely work and a great picture too, wetwired
Mickey and Minnie look creeeepy tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom