• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Got myself the large creator tub (the one shaped like a 2x4 brick), after all these sets it's about time I just had some fun building random shit. Plus the tub's gonna be my way of storing spares and probably manuals (might have to get some folders for that).

Also ordered 32x curved track pieces from bricklink, only £20 for that seems like a pretty good deal to me, not long before we put the tree up and I can put the holiday train in its rightful place at least.

Just checked out the new Creator reveals. Pretty terrible. The beach house looks like an 80s set without the best part about them (baseplate) and the town house is pretty bad compared to the deli and the bike shop/cafe.. So sad..

Ponn

Banned
To answer my own question from the other day, I just got a LEGO catalog that says the LEGO Batman Movie sets launch December 1st.

Ugggghhh...was hoping for a BrickFriday release but I knew it wouldn't happen. Have to move on to my backup for the free christmas globe. It's either gonna be the Maze or the Rebels combat Frigate for the Ahsoka fig.

Just checked out the new Creator reveals. Pretty terrible. The beach house looks like an 80s set without the best part about them (baseplate) and the town house is pretty bad compared to the deli and the bike shop/cafe.. So sad..

Yeah I'm considering getting the deli shop now cause that looks like a much better value for half the price. A (mostly) full building with actual interior rooms that doesn't seem to be much smaller. This building is 20 studs wide, while the deli is 16. But the deli is also 16 studs deep, while this is what, 6? I dont know how they managed to make it so much smaller despite adding 100 more pieces.

Edit:

when comparing it with this image of the deli they look more similar in size, still don't feel like something that small is worth $50-60 when you can currently get the deli for $30

Maybe it'll drop in price like the deli did and I'll pick it up

49119528_Alt05

For anyone in Canada, the Creative Tower BF deal is now in-store at some Wal-Mart locations (2 near me show inventory, gonna check tonight and grab a couple)

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-classic-lego-large-creative-box-10697/6000193609503

Thanks! There are some at my local - I'll grab one or two.

Last year one or two people cleared out the entire inventory at a store near me.

Edit: Just got back from the store. It's being put on the shelves on Thursday morning. Obviously YMMV.

Markus

Thanks! There are some at my local - I'll grab one or two.

Last year one or two people cleared out the entire inventory at a store near me.

Edit: Just got back from the store. It's being put on the shelves on Thursday morning. Obviously YMMV.

I just looked at the link again to double check which stores have them and the product page seems to have been pulled. Hopefully it will be back up and live Thursday AM as well.

Good luck getting them!

It just usually kinda shows up. I started checking the website every day last week. I noticed last years cube is on their site for $10, I thought they usually sell out quick so I thought that was odd. I'm gonna be pissed if we don't get a Saturn Girl cube.

Never heard of her before, but just Google'd it and it seems like a cool DC character.

$614.89, plus 70910 and 70911, so I figure around $700.

EDIT: plus the CMF, so let's say $800.

Shiiieeet, yeah i'm just gonna get one big set and one medium sized set prolly. With lego you gotta either only collect one theme, or cherry pick your favorite stuff across multiple ones or you'll look at your budget and see you spent $3000 in one year lol

This year was a light year for me and I still have spent $400 so far, granted I was collecting mixels and bionicle which was half of that and both are cancelled now so i'll have a lot more room to get other stuff

Ponn

Banned
$614.89, plus 70910 and 70911, so I figure around $700.

EDIT: plus the CMF, so let's say $800.

That's alot of VIP points.

I'm not actually a fan of the two bigger sets but unfortunately I do like the figs in them so that sucks. I look at the recent set pics and theres something i llike about all of them so this is going to hurt.

is there are a reason why Modulars use 2 16x32 base-plates, as opposed to 1 32x32 base-plate?

Fire Brigade was the last one to use two 16x32 baseplates for a singular build. Pet Shop used 2 plates because it was two smaller builds. All others since were on 32x32.
Assembly Square will be the outlier with using a 32x32 and a 16x32 at once.

I am not sure if earlier ones used a single plate instead of 2. Fire Brigade was my first modular.

Fire Brigade was the last one to use two 16x32 baseplates for a singular build. Pet Shop used 2 plates because it was two smaller builds. All others since were on 32x32.
Assembly Square will be the outlier with using a 32x32 and a 16x32 at once.

I am not sure if earlier ones used a single plate instead of 2. Fire Brigade was my first modular.

Both Cafe Corner and Green Grocer use two 16x32. Just looking to save some $$$ in my Bricklinking project for them.

I don't think Lego had a 32x32 in DBG. Recently, a rare baseplate colour has been part of the appeal.

Hmmm, local chain has 20% off on everything this weekend. I didn't find anything I wanted on TRU's 25% sale, but there might be something here.

wetwired

Why are the LEGO Batman Movie sets doing nothing for me :(

I wouldn't say all of them aren't that interesting but most of them I think I'll pass on, this is coming from someone who worked on the movie and loves batman.

Though I think once we see the sets in the context of the movie that may change. Like seeing Benny's Mech or Metalbeards ship before watching the lego movie.

I wouldn't say all of them aren't that interesting but most of them I think I'll pass on, this is coming from someone who worked on the movie and loves batman.

Though I think once we see the sets in the context of the movie that may change. Like seeing Benny's Mech or Metalbeards ship before watching the lego movie.

But Benny's Spaceship and Sea Cow had a definite charm and appeal even before the movie hit, you knew you wanted those sets.. With this wave, there's nothing that really screams iconic to me.. Will reserve judgement until after the movie, though.

Plum

Those skylines are such a big improvement over the previous ones. Actually having depth removes the "random lineup of buildings" look that say, New York, had. London is definitely the best one in my opinion.

EDIT: Though to be honest I'd still prefer singular buildings but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom