• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osahi

Want to buy that Camper before I go to bed but it's not adding the snowglobe to my bag! I hope it happens soon after midnight because I'm sleepy right now.

It's up now.

There is nothing in the BF sales for me. Only the Tie Fighter is a set I want, but I can't spend 180 euros on it.

I did want that snowglobe though, and as my original plan of getting the batmobile and jokers lowrider fell trough with the different EU releasedate, I went for Santa's Workshop. Owning the train and toy shop it would be a shame to miss out on this one. It's on backorder , but I don't mind waiting untill somewhere next week. :)

I just rebuilt the OG Quinjet to see how it compares to the two subsequent ones. I'd forgotten what a beast it was. I think it'll stay assembled for a while.

Nabbed two of those 1500-piece LEGO sets at Walmart tonight. I took my chances and showed up three hours after the 6pm opening, so the crowd would thin out and I could avoid the madness, and sure enough they still had a couple dozen of the sets left.

Nabbed two of those 1500-piece LEGO sets at Walmart tonight. I took my chances and showed up three hours after the 6pm opening, so the crowd would thin out and I could avoid the madness, and sure enough they still had a couple dozen of the sets left.

There are a ton of great pieces in there - lots of good pink and purple. They also have some 1x1 decorated round tiles that have "half closed eyes". I hadn't seen those before.

Was disappointed that Target wasn't doing one of those deals. Got the Minecraft crafting box, but wouldn't have mind those Creative Towers.

... Decisions...

I have the Pet Shop right now at my card, with the snow globe.

But to buy it in US and then ship it here is kind of a trouble, I already have a package ready that is already too big.

I really wanted the cute snow globe but... I think this BF will be just the Yellow Submarine and the newest Dimensions wave.

Argh.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I don't have any of the older motor stuff, is buying all those stuff for the Holiday Train the best/easiest way to get it moving?

I've done this recently so I can input. With the holiday train I bought
Train Motor
Battery box
IR Receiver
IR Controller

Of course as it's been said you can get it up and running with just the train motor and the battery box but you've got no control over the speed and it does move pretty bloody fast if you do that. I've found the tree car slows it down because it doesn't use the same metal axels the other carriages/trains do and so that causes some friction. Interestingly it can very easily be derailed without that carriage but can't get up to that speed with it.

mclem

More lego discounts in the UK that I've spotted, this time from Tesco Direct. Again, I don't really follow the brand lines that well, so I don't know if these are quite as good as they look.

75094: Imperial Shuttle Tyridium for £40
75093: Death Star Final Duel for £35
41062: Elsa's Practice Castle But I'm Sure The Next One Will Be *Real* Good for £17
42039: Technic 24 Hours Race Car for £50 (this one's the largest reported discount, at least - about half price?
42040: Technic Fire Plane for £22.50

Is the Doctor Strange set worth getting?

In my opinion it depends if you want the figures. The little diorama is cute (I haven't seen the movie so don't know if it's accurate) but it'll end up being a parts pack soon. The demon tentacle play feature is really clever but honestly it's the only stand out feature in my mind.

I do think that the set will go up in value quiet a bit though - it's been tough to find since day one.

... Decisions...

I have the Pet Shop right now at my card, with the snow globe.

But to buy it in US and then ship it here is kind of a trouble, I already have a package ready that is already too big.

I really wanted the cute snow globe but... I think this BF will be just the Yellow Submarine and the newest Dimensions wave.

Argh.

For what it's worth that is a crazy price for the Pet Shop. The fact that it's $160 Canadian is really surprising.

Of course as it's been said you can get it up and running with just the train motor and the battery box but you've got no control over the speed and it does move pretty bloody fast if you do that. I've found the tree car slows it down because it doesn't use the same metal axels the other carriages/trains do and so that causes some friction. Interestingly it can very easily be derailed without that carriage but can't get up to that speed with it.

I found that with 2010's Passenger Train you really couldn't run it at more than half speed without it becoming derailed. I am so excited to add the train to this year's Christmas village. The kids are going to love it and I know my youngest will be playing with it non stop.

Does anybody have an experience with Fun in the park - City People Pack?

In my opinion it depends if you want the figures. The little diorama is cute (I haven't seen the movie so don't know if it's accurate) but it'll end up being a parts pack soon. The demon tentacle play feature is really clever but honestly it's the only stand out feature in my mind.
Thanks Brother.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I found that with 2010's Passenger Train you really couldn't run it at more than half speed without it becoming derailed. I am so excited to add the train to this year's Christmas village. The kids are going to love it and I know my youngest will be playing with it non stop.

The train is absolutely beautiful, there's no way I'm putting it away after xmas, though we've discussed modding it and theming it after something else.

Ponn

Banned
That BF list for U.S. either wasn't right or they changed something. The Maze set still isn't discounted and a couple other ones that were on that list as well. I think i'm just going to forget about trying to get a 2nd snow globe and just plan on getting a couple Batman movie sets in a couple days. I think i'm going to skip the Batmobile for now and pick that up heavily discounted because i'm not a fan of the looks af it at all plus the minifigs in it are meh. Probably going to get the other three though.

Ponn

Banned
I just got a package and opened it up. I was greeted by this staring back at me.

4fu5amM.jpg

I remember when that green arrow Lego dimension minifigure was going for $100 after E3 and $60 after comic con

I just got it for free after buying a $10 superman Lego pack at GameStop :D

ghostmind

Lots of sets going OOP now, some of which will return, but the ones I think are gone for good:

10218 Pet Shop
10234 Sydney Opera House
10244 Fairground Mixer
21006 The White House
21013 Big Ben
21020 Trevi Fountain
21108 Ghostbusters Ecto-1
21116 Minecraft Crafting Box
21303 WALL-E
21304 Doctor Who
31032 Red Creatures
31036 Toy & Grocery Shop
31040 Desert Racers
31041 Construction Vehicles
31044 Park Animals
41063 Ariel's Undersea Palace
41078 Skyra's Mysterious Sky Castle
41094 Heartlake Lighthouse
41095 Emma's House
41106 Pop Star Tour Bus
41114 Party Styling
41116 Olivia's Exploration Car
41121 Adventure Camp Rafting
41122 Adventure Camp Tree House
41176 The Secret Market Place
42030 Remote-Controlled VOLVO L350F Wheel Loader
42032 Compact Tracked Loader
42034 Quad Bike
42040 Fire Plane
42041 Race Truck
42042 Crawler Crane
60044 Mobile Police Unit
60078 Utility Shuttle
60081 Pickup Tow Truck
60084 Racing Bike Transporter
60085 4x4 with Powerboat
60105 Fire ATV
60113 Rally Car
60116 Ambulance Plane
60118 Garbage Truck
70315 Clay's Rumble Blade
70599 Cole's Dragon
70730 Chain Cycle Ambush
70737 Titan Mech Battle
70747 Boulder Blaster
75059 Sandcrawler
75107 Jango Fett
75108 Clone Commander Cody
75112 General Grievous
75133 Rebel Alliance Battle Pack
75134 Galactic Empire Battle Pack
75136 Droid Escape Pod
75901 Mystery Plane Adventures
75902 The Mystery Machine
75903 Haunted Lighthouse
75904 Mystery Mansion
75908 458 Italia GT2
75910 Porsche 918 Spyder
75911 McLaren Mercedes Put Stop
75912 Porsche 911 GT Finish Line
75913 F14 T & Scuderia Ferrari Truck
75918 T-Rex Tracker
75919 Indominus Rex Breakout
76025 Green Lantern vs Sinestro
76035 Jokerland
76036 Carnage's SHIELD Sky Attack
76037 Rhino and Sandman Super Villain Team-Up
76038 Attack on Avengers Tower

GAMEPROFF

Banned
PSA, you get a free Star Wars Lego Set when you are Cinestar Club Member and preorder Tickets for Rogue One.

I dont know yet which sets it will be, but I will let you know on Monday when I get my tickets

Walked into Barnes and Noble was shocked to see pretty much everything was 40% off.

Their Lego section was decimated but I grabbed the K-2S0. Not a bad deal for 15 bucks

Lots of sets going OOP now, some of which will return, but the ones I think are gone for good:

10218 Pet Shop
10234 Sydney Opera House
21020 Trevi Fountain

I'm glad I was able to get the Trevi Fountain for my girlfriend through Amazon, they were sold out on S@H recently. She loves the Sydney Opera House set too, but it's just too expensive and too huge. I hope they come out with a medium sized one someday (somewhere between this one and the Architecture one).

And I'm glad I decided to get the Pet Shop while I still had the chance. I was a big fan of the set ever since i built a mini-modular version of it in the LEGO Digital Designer years ago based on a picture I found online (that didn't include instructions or a parts list). It's a really fantastic set, and it has finally incentivized me to buy the pieces I need to make the Mini-modular version.

I'll be honest I'm about to pass up vacation getaways for a klays rumble blade + lakeside lodge combo. I know it gets universally glowing reviews and the amount of detail on the thing is great but the overall look of the RV from the outside just isn't that interesting to me. Its kind of ugly honestly.

I think I'll get the VW Camper instead for Christmas or something. That seems like a more substantial build anyways.

Rootbeer

Banned
Maaaaaaaan... with the LEGO Batman Movie sets right around the corner, I can't spend any more money on LEGO today. I can't.

I can't...
LEGO Batman Movie sets go on sale 11/27... so if tradition holds true, you can order them from shop.lego.com on 11/26 at 9PM PST (estimate)

Plan accordingly if you want them sooner rather than later! As a big Superhero fan I think these are excellent sets both for minifigure collectors and for the Batman vehicle builds which look above average compared to a lot of recent Superhero sets from LEGO.

10218 Pet Shop
21108 Ghostbusters Ecto-1
21303 WALL-E
75902 The Mystery Machine

If you don't have these yet, get to it. You'll regret it in a year otherwise. Batman or whatever can wait another year.

At least Pet Shop will stay at a decent price longer, as I'm sure people have stockpiled it. But the others will skyrocket, especially WALL-E, once people realize that it's gone. It's both an awesome set and pretty damn good replica.

Ecto-1 is great but I think the Firehouse has diluted some of its uniqueness, and the failure of the movie has spoiled the momentum of the brand.

Mystery Machine is great, if only it had the entire cast rather than having to buy at least that and the biggest set (which I skipped on). At least I don't care that much about Scooby Doo to track them down, but the van was a great little build.

Wanderer5

Decided to get Lego Avengers for the 3DS while it is on sale for $8, for some open world fun on the go. Even through it can barely handle it at times, gotta give some props of them squeezing in Manhattan fully into the handheld version, and giving some side stuff for likes of Doctor Strange and Moon Knight. Don't think I would have really spend more than $10 for this, but I already have some fun when it comes to exploring Manhattan least.

Don't really care for the story levels at all and the voice overs that seem particular bleh on the 3DS. Also the DLC thing is weird, which it seems like eventually a update needed for the game added in a DLC store, which has since only included the Agent of Shield DLC.

I'll be honest I'm about to pass up vacation getaways for a klays rumble blade + lakeside lodge combo. I know it gets universally glowing reviews and the amount of detail on the thing is great but the overall look of the RV from the outside just isn't that interesting to me. Its kind of ugly honestly.
I'm holding off on Vacations Getaway too because I agree, the finished look of the thing doesn't excite me. I also think Creator sets tend to be around a while and be on discount later. I do plan on getting it within the next year though.

ghostmind

Spider-Man Homecoming set rumors:

Set #1
-Bank Robbery
-Spider-Man and two robbers
-The robbers have "Avengers in their names"
Set #2
-Car
-Spider-Man, Vulture (Big brick built wings), Shocker, Iron Man

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNPSZRGDh_n/

Yes, the "Delta Customs" rumors. He's got set descriptions for Spider-Man, Thor, Wonder Woman, and the summer Batman sets. I'm just not sure whether I trust them, but here it goes.

Thor Ragnarok set #1
- gladiator ring
- Gladiator Hulk, Thor (with helmet mold), Loki, Grandmaster, and a guard.

Thor Ragnarok set #2
- ship build
- Bruce Banner (about to change into Hulk), Thor (with helmet mold), Valkyrie, Hela, and two henchmen.

Wonder Woman
- plane build
- Wonder Woman, Steve Trevor, Giant-Man size Aries

LEGO Batman set #1
- small helicopter
- Batman and Scarecrow

LEGO Batman set #2
- Bane set
- Bane, Batman, Mutant Leader

LEGO Batman set #3
- Two-Face truck/car
- Two-Face and Batman (and more?)

LEGO Batman set #4
- Big Batmobile that splits into Batwing, Batcycle, and smaller Batmobile
- features a big bat-signal
- Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Alfred, the Wicked Witch, two flying monkeys

Rootbeer

Banned
What Wicked Witch character could they mean? I know the Oz version was in Dimensions, but it doesn't seem like something we'd see in the LEGO Batman Movie. Is there some DC Comics character that roughly fits that description?

Also, regarding the authenticity. Hasn't this guy posted leaked minifigures first before? He just posted some new ones today even.

More books! Here are two new build your own adventure books. They come with bricks and possibly minifigures (likely not exclusive.) I know a lot of us liked the recent Star Wars one with the Y-Wing so keep an eye on these.

LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes Build Your Own Adventure Hardcover – August 1, 2017
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1465460896/?tag=neogaf0e-20

LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS Build Your Own Adventure Hardcover – August 1, 2017
https://www.amazon.com/dp/146546087X/?tag=neogaf0e-20

LEGO® DC Comics Super Heroes The Awesome Guide Hardcover – May 2, 2017
(unknown if any minifigure included, currently not advertised)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1465460780/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The LEGO® Batman Movie: The Making of the Movie Hardcover – February 14, 2017
(no minifigure)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1465456619/?tag=neogaf0e-20

What Wicked Witch character could they mean? I know the Oz version was in Dimensions, but it doesn't seem like something we'd see in the LEGO Batman Movie. Is there some DC Comics character that roughly fits that description?

While there could be a DC character, don't forget we saw a brief clip of the Batwing covered in Gremlins, so it's entirely possible it could also be the Oz Wicked Witch.

So, with Black Friday over, what did you get? Me, I ordered Unikitty and Benny for Dimensions when they were cheap for once. I also ordered the airport battle from S@H, although I didn't get the snowglobe as I made the order an hour early. Finally, at the local store I decided to only get three baseplates (for the price of two) as I couldn't justify getting any of the big stuff that I didn't really want.

I remember when that green arrow Lego dimension minifigure was going for $100 after E3 and $60 after comic con

I just got it for free after buying a $10 superman Lego pack at GameStop :D

I am still salty that they made Supergirl exclusive to the starter pack and only on PS4. That is just beyond annoying and make me just want to stop collecting Dimensions. My local GameStop have 100 of the Green Arrow and when I went the manager told me I was the only person that morning asking for the figure.

Ponn

Banned
So, with Black Friday over, what did you get? Me, I ordered Unikitty and Benny for Dimensions when they were cheap for once. I also ordered the airport battle from S@H, although I didn't get the snowglobe as I made the order an hour early. Finally, at the local store I decided to only get three baseplates (for the price of two) as I couldn't justify getting any of the big stuff that I didn't really want.

I ordered the PS4 starter pack (hopefully with supergirl or i will be returning/exchanging at store) from Gamestop online with the free green arrow fig. That's it legowise, deals weren't great and most of the stuff I wanted already had deals well before BF. Now just waiting for tonight midnight to order the real stuff.

I would love to have monocolor minifigs of all the LEGO colors, but ~$15 a piece for a full set is too much. I do understand why they cost a lot considering finding all the color parts especially in colors no longer in print (I can live without old lt gray and old dk gray). I wish LEGO would do some monocolor minifig sets or something.

This site sells monocolor minifigs (all are legit LEGO parts)

36_monofigs.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Pretty bummed! Got my Marceline Fun pack today in the mail and her toy tag does not work. Beware if you bought her... make sure to check her ASAP.

I got from LEGO store:

76051 Super Hero Airport Battle (MSRP price) - this is the last of older Super Hero sets I needed.
21304 Doctor Who TARDIS (20% off)

I didn't want to risk missing out on Airport battle. If I resell the free LEGO ornament thing, it should add up to about 20%+ off.

Wall-E is the one set I'm worried about missing out on. I should have ordered it from LEGO S@H when sale went online. I never see that set in the LEGO store.

The LEGO store I frequent was decimated. It was so busy they either couldn't keep the shelves stocked or they were running out of stock. I think it was the former. It is the smallest LEGO store in California, so they don't have a lot of shelf space.

Pretty bummed! Got my Marceline Fun pack today in the mail and her toy tag does not work. Beware if you bought her... make sure to check her ASAP.

Yeah, there is a recall on that pack for that reason.

Ponn

Banned

Haha, oh boy exact same thing with me. Got her with my Geoffrey order from TRU and just opened the fun pack up today to try it. I swear I could hear the price is right fail music play when I put her on the toypad and it flashed red. Sent a form on the Lego site for a replacement toy tag right away. Hopefully they are aware of the problem and not just sending out toy tags from the same bad batch.

I got from LEGO store:

76051 Super Hero Airport Battle (MSRP price) - this is the last of older Super Hero sets I needed.
21304 Doctor Who TARDIS (20% off)

I didn't want to risk missing out on Airport battle. If I resell the free LEGO ornament thing, it should add up to about 20%+ off.

Wall-E is the one set I'm worried about missing out on. I should have ordered it from LEGO S@H when sale went online. I never see that set in the LEGO store.

The LEGO store I frequent was decimated. It was so busy they either couldn't keep the shelves stocked or they were running out of stock. I think it was the former. It is the smallest LEGO store in California, so they don't have a lot of shelf space.

Yeah, there is a recall on that pack for that reason.
Interested in a trade or something for the santa ornament?

Ponn

Banned
Here's some pics of the newest Lego Dimensions figs, i'm sure some will probably be picking these up just for the figs.

Marceline with her soulless toy tag

Gotta go fast!

I haven't played the Sonic level pack yet but just a quick run around with Sonic in game and oh man he's my favorite new Dimensions character. He feels like Sonic from a Sonic game, he feels fast, his spin dash feels just so right and he even makes the Sonic boing noise when he jumps. It really is Sonic put right into a Lego game. I can't wait to play the level pack now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom