• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plum

Parisian restaurant actually makes a nice end of row building....

It could but I'd prefer to have both ends as corner buildings for symmetry. I like both the cinema and bank so that's a plus.

EDIT: Though I guess I could have the street against a wall and just simply not buy Brick Bank or the Cinema. Though I'd feel bad if I didn't buy the latter if it retires soon, still not sure on its design though.

3N16MA

Banned
I'm going to be checking out a incomplete UCS Imperial Shuttle. Incomplete build sourced from Bricklink. I'm already excited over a set that I can't complete and will cost me considering the Canadian dollar is in the tank and many Canadian sellers on Bricklink sell in USD.

I have been building and pricing this thing on bricklink for nearly 2 years. If I can get the pieces at a good price, I can overlook missing out on a relatively cheap UCS B-Wing

I'm deciding on how to layout my soon-to-be-bought modular collection, currently going on:

Brick Bank - ??? - 1/2 Pet Shop - Assembly Square - 1/2 Apartment Building - ??? - Palace Cinema

Out of the Parisian Restaraunt and Detective's Office what do you reckon I should put in those two question mark blocks?
A restaurant is much more likely to be next to a cinema in real life, that's how I'd do it.

Plum

A restaurant is much more likely to be next to a cinema in real life, that's how I'd do it.

That definitely makes sense. Yep, I think I'll go with that. This is going to be an on-going collection and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the cinema for Christmas so I think the Restaraunt is next.

wetwired

Those are cat ears.
Disappointed the Clock King was a false report unless he's in a future set.

Same cowl as this

LEGO-76045-Kryptonite-Interception-Batman-Miniigure.jpg

Gonna be one of the best sets next year. Book it.

Yep, this is a terrific looking build. It's very well realized.

Agreed, all of the builds for the Townhouse look great.

CREATOR is knocking it out of the park.

These CREATOR sets are fantastic, agreed. The "swaying" palm tree is absolutely wonderful.

If it helps your collecting OCD, it looks like the Catman cowl is slightly different from Batman - it has smaller ears. :D

Like Wet said, that's the "modern" Bats cowl that came out in....maybe 2015. There are so many great figs in this set that I may just buy a box. I got off the CMF train around series 11 or 12 but they have been killing it lately....it's hard to stay away.

I didn't realise until they showed the CMF wave that Batgirl/Barbara is deliberately a darker skin tone because she's voiced by Rosario Dawson and that's kind of cool.

I didn't know she was voicing Barbara in the movie! Glad they modified the fig accordingly. Just finished S1 of Luke Cage and enjoyed her performance.

Brick Bank - ??? - 1/2 Pet Shop - Assembly Square - 1/2 Apartment Building - ??? - Palace Cinema

Out of the Parisian Restaraunt and Detective's Office what do you reckon I should put in those two question mark blocks?

I'd go with the Restaurant first followed by the Detective's Office. The Pet Shop's apartment building should merge nicely with the Pool Hall.

On an unrelated note, does anybody have this problem with their B-Wing? It's not the end of the world, but the tail seems to hang lower than the stand.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
On an unrelated note, does anybody have this problem with their B-Wing? It's not the end of the world, but the tail seems to hang lower than the stand.

I had that same problem. Dissembled mine, so I don't have a picture, but basically, move this connection up one or two spots to raise the angle of the display.

EG4TyuD.jpg

wetwired

how does the Batman CMF official pics compare to the leak from a while back? I think I called BS on it at the time but I'd be interested to see how accurate it was

ghostmind

how does the Batman CMF official pics compare to the leak from a while back? I think I called BS on it at the time but I'd be interested to see how accurate it was

ZjhVt21.jpg

It was on the money for more than half the minifigs. So was it an early prelim lineup, or just a selection from the overall theme, and are some of these minifigs going to be in other sets (like Boxing Batman and Excalibat)?

Hoping that Clock King does show up in another set this year.

wetwired

ZjhVt21.jpg

It was on the money for more than half the minifigs. So was it an early prelim lineup, or are some of these minifigs going to be in other sets (like Boxing Batman and Excalibat)?

Boxing batman I think is in the batcave and Excalibat I believe is coming to Dimensions. I can't say I've seen that roman batman show up anywhere though, maybe a polybag?

ZjhVt21.jpg

It was on the money for more than half the minifigs. So was it an early prelim lineup, or just a selection from the overall theme, and are some of these minifigs going to be in other sets (like Boxing Batman and Excalibat)?

Seconding the hopes for Clock King showing up eventually.

Same cowl as this

LEGO-76045-Kryptonite-Interception-Batman-Miniigure.jpg

I should put a smiley or something next time. I was suggesting LEGO is about using one's imagination to imagine the same piece being many different things. Those are cat ears on Catman's cowl. :)

It's not that big of a stretch depending on which comic version you compare to.

Seconding the hopes for Clock King showing up eventually.

Is that chef supposed be from the 60's TV show? I recall there being something of chef or something once...or maybe that was Mad Hatter with a chef hat on the show.
King Tut I don't recall ever being in the comics, just from the TV show. Just need Egghead to fill out villains from the 60's TV show.

I am very happy with the CMFs. Mime and Zodiac are probably my least favorite as I have no familiarity with those characters. Looking at Zodiac Master makes me want Mirror Master and the rest of Flash's rogue gallery.

What's the deal with Commissioner Gordon and Barbara Gordon? Are they a different nationality in the movie or are they just like George Hamilton?

Catman: Love the cowl with CAT EARS.
The utility belt is different than Batman's. I'm pretty sure it's just Batman's belt on backwards. LEGO would not have spent money a new mould just for Catman, although it's generic enough to reuse for some expedition/adventurer minifigs.

Glam Metal Batman: Needs some 1x1 plates in the boot color to make some platform boots.

Vacation Batman: Who doesn't love that ducky float? I wonder if the goggles are part of the mould (probably) or goggles are softer plastic that somehow fits over the mask kinda how Mega Bloks did with the Minions.

Lobster-Lovin’ Batman: Finally can make a proper Hugh Hefner custom minifig!

Orca: Is that Left or Right Orca? Love it! Great head print to simulate the inside of his mouth.

Eraser: Curious how they did the head.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
What's the deal with Commissioner Gordon and Barbara Gordon? Are they a different nationality in the movie or are they just like George Hamilton?
They're the same nationality, American, they're just a different ethnicity. As mentioned earlier in the thread it's because Barbara is being voiced by Rosario Dawson.

Great CMF line, I'll be picking up Red Hood, the shark, Joker and one of the Batmen for sure.

Oh wow, I just saw the BATMAN MF photos.. Amazing series, absolutely amazing. There are 12 or so that I absolutely must have among them, this is a first in a MF series for me.

Wonder what the distribution will be on the Batman CMFs. I would hope there will just be 3 of each figure per box, instead of one being stupid rare.

I had that same problem. Dissembled mine, so I don't have a picture, but basically, move this connection up one or two spots to raise the angle of the display.

Good tip, thank you!

The Shield Helicarrier is 30% off on amazon.ca

I have been staring at this in my cart for 30 minutes now. Ugh. Outside of the con exclusives and two Doc Ock sets this is the only Marvel one I don't have....such a great price....

Osahi

Is there a date on when the new batman sets are supposed to hit shelves?

27th of november for some (including Jokers Lowrider and the Batmobile). Don't know when the rest should hit (I though january first, but I can be mistaken), nor do I know when the CMF will be in stores.

I have been staring at this in my cart for 30 minutes now. Ugh. Outside of the con exclusives and two Doc Ock sets this is the only Marvel one I don't have....such a great price....

If you have the space, go for it!

If it was that deeply discounted I over here would have a very hard time passing up, even though I do not have the space to put it anywhere on display. That thing gigantic.

So the local Black Friday thing is buy three items, get the cheapest for free. It's a bit less interesting than 40% cuts. Theoretically, I could get something crazy like TIE Fighter, Kwik-E-Mart and something else for effectively 33% off, but that would also means shelling out like $450 at once.

I could possibly look at some midrange sets, but there isn't much I really, really want there that I don't already have. They have some exclusives but the only one I'd really consider on a sale but not at any other time is the Death Star or the Ewok Village and they don't have that - and it would be pretty hard to get that as the cheapest one.

Any suggestions? (with the retail price they go for here)

AT-ST - $65 (kind of interested but I still have the one from the Endor battle set)
Santa's Workshop - $86 (although nowhere to put it)
Imperial Shuttle Tydirium - $118 (I've looked at this for a long time, and it's retiring soon)
Mini Cooper - $108
F40 Ferrari - $86
Resistance X-Wing - $108

They used to have the Temple of Airjitzu. If that is still around, I'd probably go for that, the shuttle and then maybe one of the cars.

Edit: Oh, but S@H just put up the Lego Batman category. If I stay strong on Friday, I could buy a bunch of those instead. What else of the "2017" sets could release now? Creator? Disney?

Mighty Dinosaurs get! Thanks TRU

They had a bunch of the new Creator sets, like Air Show, the small plane, truck, and motorcycle sets.

Sadly, no robot. And no Creepy Geoffrey, which is why I went there. But happy to get the dinosaurs.

Osahi

Edit: Oh, but S@H just put up the Lego Batman category.

Been waiting for this with a tiny bit of fear to discover what the mark up would be, as most sets here are more expensive than the Euro price in Germany.

It's bad :(

It's 70 euro's for the Batmobile and 55 for Joker's Lowrider. To add insult to injury: they don't come out next sunday, but january first. My Brick Friday buying plans go down the drain now...

Also, had to do a workaround to get to the pages of both products on the Belgian store, as the Lego Batman Category is empty. Had to open them on the US store, then change to the Belgian one.

Ponn

Banned
Mighty Dinosaurs get! Thanks TRU

They had a bunch of the new Creator sets, like Air Show, the small plane, truck, and motorcycle sets.

Sadly, no robot. And no Creepy Geoffrey, which is why I went there. But happy to get the dinosaurs.

Did you get three of the dino packs? You did didn't you?

Did you get three of the dino packs? You did didn't you?
I thought about it...

Edit: and built the T. rex. Man, the head is a great lil build. Really fun set, and a killer price at $15.

A no brained purchase if you find it. Just a fun half hour or so, and you can pose it so may cool ways.

Osahi

I thought about it...

Edit: and built the T. rex. Man, the head is a great lil build. Really fun set, and a killer price at $15.

A no brained purchase if you find it. Just a fun half hour or so, and you can pose it so may cool ways.

It seems to be allready up for sale on S@H in the US. But it's far below the free shipping treshold offcourse. Definitely going to grab three when it's available in Europe. I love dinosaurs!

Ponn

Banned
Crossing fingers to find the robot early.

And of course going wild with LEGO Batman early next week.

The 27th at midnight an order is being placed at S@H. There is a very good chance that order will include all 4 Lego Batman movie sets. And if anyone is wondering the cost for all 4 in U.S. is $230 so start charging for those Turkey dinners tomorrow.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Train Update: IT LIVES!

qIy7Qe8.gif

Wasn't hard to convert at all since the old 9v motor is the exact same size as the new 9v motor that you'd connect to a battery. I was worried the motor might be so old that it couldn't pull all the cars, but it does just fine. Going to look great under the tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom