• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetwired

I would love to have monocolor minifigs of all the LEGO colors, but ~$15 a piece for a full set is too much. I do understand why they cost a lot considering finding all the color parts especially in colors no longer in print (I can live without old lt gray and old dk gray). I wish LEGO would do some monocolor minifig sets or something.

This site sells monocolor minifigs (all are legit LEGO parts)

36_monofigs.jpg

I assume that $15 is a typo on your part as I'd snap them up for that price

Here's some pics of the newest Lego Dimensions figs, i'm sure some will probably be picking these up just for the figs.

TRU Canada has a sale on all Dimensions sets right now so I picked up the Gremlins ($16 CAD) and BA Baracus ($9) today. I don't have the game, but I'm heading back tomorrow to get the Joker/Harley set.

$15 per fig, I presume.

ghostmind

What Wicked Witch character could they mean? I know the Oz version was in Dimensions, but it doesn't seem like something we'd see in the LEGO Batman Movie. Is there some DC Comics character that roughly fits that description?

Also, regarding the authenticity. Hasn't this guy posted leaked minifigures first before? He just posted some new ones today even.

I am hoping he is legit, as he seems to be much more forthcoming than previous leakers who teased out info for their own financial gain.

Markus

I would love to have monocolor minifigs of all the LEGO colors, but ~$15 a piece for a full set is too much. I do understand why they cost a lot considering finding all the color parts especially in colors no longer in print (I can live without old lt gray and old dk gray). I wish LEGO would do some monocolor minifig sets or something.

And here's a link to an ebook on how to source your own Monofigs

https://issuu.com/monofigs/docs/ebook

Fowler

The LEGO Group celebrates opening of factory in China

I hope LEGO has Apple-like security on the China facilities. They already have issues with the Mexico factory. May not be big leak, but I've seen a Texas based eBay seller selling LEGO minifigs that can only come from a LEGO factory since the sets aren't even released.

Even that probably won't be enough. Apple security tends to stop entire finished products getting out, but random parts and components leak all the time. People can glean a fair amount from the home button cable assembly, but all those random bits and pieces aren't as useful as, say, a minifig head or torso.

One thing I should point out too: I've noticed a LOT more "early" minifigs out here at my local stores in Hong Kong in the last few months. Normally they get complete sets, and then stores open them up and sell the minifigs and buildings/vehicles/parts separately. But a complete set of Angry Birds minifigs went on sale months before I saw any of the sets, which was the first time I'd ever seen that. And just a couple of days ago, I saw LEGO Batman Movie's Joker minifig in three different designs. I'm not sure if they were early customs or not, I haven't seen enough of the sets to know. But again, it was super weird because the sets are not available, and I didn't see any other LEGO Batman Movie minifigs, just three variants of The Joker.

Rootbeer

Banned
new sets going up on shop.lego.com.

lego batman and dc superhero girls are now able to be ordered. some say backordered. possibly a glitch.

can't find the moana sets yet

TRU Canada has a sale on all Dimensions sets right now so I picked up the Gremlins ($16 CAD) and BA Baracus ($9) today. I don't have the game, but I'm heading back tomorrow to get the Joker/Harley set.

$15 per fig, I presume.

And here's a link to an ebook on how to source your own Monofigs

https://issuu.com/monofigs/docs/ebook

Yes, I meant about ~$15 per minifig. Total on website for all 36 is $535 which is a reasonable price given how hard it is to get all the parts and clean them. He does sell them individually so one could just get the only ones one wants or just the cheaper ones.

Link to ebook to source yourself is above.

wetwired

Yes, I meant about ~$15 per minifig. Total on website for all 36 is $535 which is a reasonable price given how hard it is to get all the parts and clean them. He does sell them individually so one could just get the only ones one wants or just the cheaper ones.

your post spent me in a spiral for the afternoon, it started with "fuck that I can probably source the parts to do it cheaper myself" and spent half an hour on bricklink before I thought "this is very similar to the work I had to do to make classic spacemen in different colours, I should just make more spacemen in different colours since they're popular" to "oh snap, chrome spacemen would be the shiznit, I wanna do that"

your post spent me in a spiral for the afternoon, it started with "fuck that I can probably source the parts to do it cheaper myself" and spent half an hour on bricklink before I thought "this is very similar to the work I had to do to make classic spacemen in different colours, I should just make more spacemen in different colours since they're popular" to "oh snap, chrome spacemen would be the shiznit, I wanna do that"

I love your Spacemen to bits but the lack of oxygen pack is the only thing preventing me purchasing a set.

Koren

I would love to have monocolor minifigs of all the LEGO colors, but ~$15 a piece for a full set is too much. I do understand why they cost a lot considering finding all the color parts especially in colors no longer in print
Well, I'm trying to do the same with 1x1 bricks, 1x2 bricks and 2x2 tiles, and it's already hard (there's more than 36 colors, though...), can't imagine how it can be for minifig parts. I wouldn't even have thought you could do unicolor minifigs in so many colors.

wetwired

I love your Spacemen to bits but the lack of oxygen pack is the only thing preventing me purchasing a set.

Perfectly understandable, I did a lot of experimentation with these last set to try and get something to work but nothing was durable enough for my liking. If you were lucky enough to get in early I actually gave painted airtanks away for the purple and dark green spacemen, I just didn't advertise that they came with them.

Chrome spacemen however would have tanks as whatever process they use to do that is really strong

Unit 33

Had an experience akin to 'Jingle All the Way' looking for the Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar, it was seemingly sold out everywhere. I randomly popped into a toy shop a day later and they had bloody loads of the things.

wetwired

I've been thinking about doing this lately but I was trying to think what the most common part is that has the most colour variations of? 1x2 brick maybe?

Plum

Had an experience akin to 'Jingle All the Way' looking for the Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar, it was seemingly sold out everywhere. I randomly popped into a toy shop a day later and they had bloody loads of the things.

Mine's been sitting on my shelf for about a month. Just want to start opening it now.

Koren

I've been thinking about doing this lately but I was trying to think what the most common part is that has the most colour variations of? 1x2 brick maybe?
1x1 bricks, 1x2 bricks, 2x4 bricks and 2x2 tiles have been released in nearly all colors... Well, you probably won't find 2x2 tiles in fabuland orange, but...

I'd say the easiest/cheapest to collect probably 1x2 bricks. I'm still missing a couple of rare ones (like sand red) and several of the really special colors that only have been used for a handful of pieces (like "Maersk blue"), partly because I'm hunting for new pieces, but I have a nice palette, which is useful. I'll try to send a picture...

The hardest part with bricklink is that many sellers have mistakes in their listings (which is not surprising, I can't distinguish bright light orange and light orange IIRC by looking at them without a reference... in fact, some colors have more color variations that there is differences between some official colors*), or send the wrong ones.

* I still find annoying to get a mix of light gray and light bluish gray in some orders, though. I really think it's obious when you have a wall mixing those.

1x1 bricks, 1x2 bricks, 2x4 bricks and 2x2 tiles have been released in nearly all colors... Well, you probably won't find 2x2 tiles in fabuland orange, but...

I'd say the easiest/cheapest to collect probably 1x2 bricks. I'm still missing a couple of rare ones (like sand red) and several of the really special colors that only have been used for a handful of pieces (like "Maersk blue"), partly because I'm hunting for new pieces, but I have a nice palette, which is useful. I'll try to send a picture...

The hardest part with bricklink is that many sellers have mistakes in their listings (which is not surprising, I can't distinguish bright light orange and light orange IIRC by looking at them without a reference... in fact, some colors have more color variations that there is differences between some official colors*), or send the wrong ones.

* I still find annoying to get a mix of light gray and light bluish gray in some orders, though. I really think it's obious when you have a wall mixing those.

That is really interesting. Do you have a palette of all colours Lego already used?

Ponn

Banned
So heads up anybody looking to finish getting some sets on sale or about to go OOP. The Target 15% off everything doesn't work on Lego stuff BUT Jet.com is running a 20% off coupon that does seem to work on Lego. The code is EXTRA20. The drawback is jet.com Lego inventory is always iffy. I'm not sure if jet.com is international so i'm just going by U.S. here.

Today is the last day for BN BOGO 50% off on regular LEGO sets. Architecture, and a few select sets (Yellow Submarine and some larger sets) are excluded.
But, good time to go snatch up some CMF. My store still has tons of series 16 and Disney, so try your luck locally.

Decided to get pet shop for my modular building this year since apparently it's going OOP and is only $120. Is Palace cinema probably next? I might get that next year if so.

Markus

So heads up anybody looking to finish getting some sets on sale or about to go OOP. The Target 15% off everything doesn't work on Lego stuff BUT Jet.com is running a 20% off coupon that does seem to work on Lego. The code is EXTRA20. The drawback is jet.com Lego inventory is always iffy. I'm not sure if jet.com is international so i'm just going by U.S. here.

They only take US addresses for shipping and billing.

Koren

I think probably the 1x2 yeah. Looks to be present in almost 3800 sets in around 80 colors.
I never understood how to get the right number...

On the 3004 (normal 1x2 brick) page, they have
* a list of ~70 normal colors, ~20 trans-clear colors and ~10 metallic colors
* a list of "known colors" with ~50 normal colors, a single trans-clear and no metallic
* a list of colors for price guide with ~60 normal colors and ~10 trans-clear

I'm pretty sure the "3004" trans-clear listed on Bricklink shops are actually 3065 bricks (1x2 without the tube), not 3004.

When there's only a single shop selling a color, I also suspect it's just a shop owner failing to identify the proper color (Light lime for example?).

That is really interesting. Do you have a palette of all colours Lego already used?
Not yet... There's probably a bit more than 50 colors for 1x2 bricks, I only have about 40. I started this year, trying to grab the missing ones from my bricklink orders. I haven't yet done specific order for this (I'll probably do it sooner or later).

The tricky part is that with uncommon colors, you often don't receive what you've ordered...

That being said, I have virtually all the current ones, and a large set of discontinued ones. Since I build it mostly as a reference for MOCs and bricklink orders (and sorting), it does the job. I mean... I doubt I'll try to build something in Maersk Blue...

I never understood how to get the right number...

On the 3004 (normal 1x2 brick) page, they have
* a list of ~70 normal colors, ~20 trans-clear colors and ~10 metallic colors
* a list of "known colors" with ~50 normal colors, a single trans-clear and no metallic
* a list of colors for price guide with ~60 normal colors and ~10 trans-clear

I'm pretty sure the "3004" trans-clear listed on Bricklink shops are actually 3065 bricks (1x2 without the tube), not 3004.

When there's only a single shop selling a color, I also suspect it's just a shop owner failing to identify the proper color (Light lime for example?).

Not yet... There's probably a bit more than 50 colors for 1x2 bricks, I only have about 40. I started this year, trying to grab the missing ones from my bricklink orders. I haven't yet done specific order for this (I'll probably do it sooner or later).

The tricky part is that with uncommon colors, you often don't receive what you've ordered...

That being said, I have virtually all the current ones, and a large set of discontinued ones. Since I build it mostly as a reference for MOCs and bricklink orders (and sorting), it does the job. I mean... I doubt I'll try to build something in Maersk Blue...

Hard mode challenge run: rebuild Pet Shop with one building in Maersk Blue and the other in Sand Red.

Koren

Hard mode challenge run: rebuild Pet Shop with one building in Maersk Blue and the other in Sand Red.
Well... I'll pass, I think I can find better way to spend a lot of money ;)

I'd welcome a Sand red comeback, though, I think it's a really nice color for buildings (I was envious when I saw Wetwired's King Toot MOC (IIRC) with a bunch of sand red).

Maersk blue is less interesting, between all the blue and the azure variations, there's plently of existing choices.

Perfectly understandable, I did a lot of experimentation with these last set to try and get something to work but nothing was durable enough for my liking. If you were lucky enough to get in early I actually gave painted airtanks away for the purple and dark green spacemen, I just didn't advertise that they came with them.

Chrome spacemen however would have tanks as whatever process they use to do that is really strong
Damn I wish I knew.

Markus

Anyone looking for Wall-E in Canada, TrU.ca and Amazon.ca both have him for C$47.97 right now.

Plus get a free Gund bear from Amazon.

EDIT: price just went up on Amazon.ca and no more bear. Damn that was quick.

EDIT #2: OOS at TrU.ca. I'm thinking someone(s) from the brickpicker forum where I noticed this deal cleared these out.

This looks interesting. I suspect it uses "gecko adhesive" technology that is based off how a gecko sticks to walls. It's really cool technology. It's a dry adhesive that is reusable. Seems like it's finally hitting the market more widely. I don't believe I've seen any of the regular LEGO blogs I follow post about this. LEGOGAF EXCLUSIVE!

brik-book-lite-3_large.gif

Check out the website as it has a lot of cool pixel art as well as information about the product. They also sell $5 100 piece packs of their "briks" (which are 1x1 plates) in various colors. This is close to pricing of official LEGO 1x1 plates if bought via BrickLink.

https://www.brik.co/

Man, I would love to make a wall like this. I'm guessing it's about $200+ worth of their 10"x10" brik plates.

mclem

EU Lego Cyber Monday has added five more sets to the list:
60047 Police Station
10214 Tower Bridge
41126 Heartlake Riding Club
75105 Millennium Falcon
42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator.

(Also much of the items from Friday are now on Back Order, and The Farm, Amusement Park Roller Coaster and Large Creative Box are out of stock. Although that said, Kwik-E-Mart *was* OOS, with The Fortress and Around The World, but they're now back up for back order).

If I order something backordered now, would I still get the snowglobe when it dispatches?

Edit: It appeared in my bag, anyway, that's good enough for me!

I saw those monofigs links from a page or so back. Never knew that was a thing till now - and now i fancy seeing if I can make a mono fig from a big bag of figs I have!

But doing this way brickset lists all bricks that have different prints but same color as different entries in the list. Plus it is messing with the list by adding some bricks that are rounded, not plain 1x2.

I am both happy and disappointed in Joker's Notorious Lowrider.

The build itself was okay, with no real standout moments in the build. In fact, the set is pretty blocky and solid almost the whole way until the end.

Having said that, it still looks great when completed. It just has this great character to it, particularly how the "hydraulics" work and can bounce up and down ever so slightly. The rubber bands used to do that get caught on the underside a bit so it doesn't pop as much as it should, but I think it is deliberate so it can stay low sometimes.

There are also some great new printed tiles in this with zebra prints on them. In both 1x2 and 2x2. I would love to get tons of these to make a textured wall or floor.

Also, the figures are tip top. Just wonderful printing on all three, and the alternate faces on Joker and Harley are particularly good. I also love how the ponytail on Batgirl attaches to the outside of the cowl.

TLDR: Good, but not amazing. Looks great when done, but the journey there is underwhelming. Best to wait for a discount.

Ryuuroden

The PS4 Dimensions starter pack arrived today and I was pleasantly surprised to find that they sent me the new supergirl version even though I ordered the old version in order to get it for $29.99. So I ended up with the new version for $29.99. Pretty good deal.

Stopped at Toys R Us after work tonight, and they finally had the first wave LEGO Batman Movie sets out. I wasn't all that interested in the Lowrider or the Batmobile, but I stayed in the store for a good while debating the pros and cons of picking up the Batcave set. Ultimately I passed though, and settled for the small Mr. Freeze set for now. Second wave stuff is what I'm really going to be looking at.

Also noticed a bunch of these little guys for the first time. Apparently they've been out for a while? Don't know if this is a re-release or my TRU just found another box of them in the back. In any case, lots of Venom heads to make a Planet Venom with enough sets.

Ponn

Banned
Will cross post with Dimensions thread. I played through the Sonic level pack and I messed up on saving some clips. I wish I could have gotten the 1st level, it was so incredible much like playing a sonic game. I was able to get one small snippet from the 2nd level that many will probably recognize

Sonic beach snippet

I also captured the final boss of the level pack. A couple warnings, of course final boss should be enough warning for spoilers but just to reiterate, spoilers. Big, awesome spoiler at the ending of the video. It's actually a very tedious and long battle so if you want to skip to the last 5 minute you won't miss anything.

Sonic Final boss gameplay with big super awesome spoiler at the end

Overall yes this is my favorite level pack of the new bunch so far. If you are a fan of video games and especially Sonic you will absolutely love this level pack. TTG put alot of love into this level pack and it really shows. The only negative I can say is in the hub world it can get really choppy. I would say its because the gameplay with sonic is too fast for the game engine. Also the gameplay can get a bit wonky during the level trying to emulate classic side scrolling sonic game with the Dimensions game engine.

Rootbeer

Banned
Does anybody else think a vanilla "Castle" theme is dead?

The King Castle (70404) from the last Castle theme seems to be going for crazy money.

Dead... for now. Nexo Knights is basically standing in for it right now. When it retires or goes into remission we'll probably see it return.

I'm glad I own all of the sets from the last Castle theme though. It was always one of my favorite themes as a kid.

kapowza

started building the big Technic CLAAS tractor last night. Good fun so far, there's a satisfyingly clunky big gearshift mechanism in there. I think it activates 4 wheel steering but that's assuming my guess of which is the back and which is the front is correct, lol.

Also of note are 4 big red circle plates which will be useful for building Kaneda's bike from Akira at some point.

6156534.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom