• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapowza

last time I was in the lego shop they put a sticker on my receipt and said to come back in to pick up a calendar but I can't for the life of remember when they said to do it. Any idea when that promo will run from/to?

I'm only buying the Clayface set from the Batman line. if I get one of the cars I'll want them all and it'll end up costing me like 200 quid.

ghostmind

Lx31OVK.jpg

ghostmind

last time I was in the lego shop they put a sticker on my receipt and said to come back in to pick up a calendar but I can't for the life of remember when they said to do it. Any idea when that promo will run from/to?

I'm only buying the Clayface set from the Batman line. if I get one of the cars I'll want them all and it'll end up costing me like 200 quid.

The Calendar promo is November 28th to December 11th.

StAidan

Keep telling myself "never enter the SW Club, never!". But Batman Movie is really making me consider the superhero club, and that is darkness too.

Up to now I have been to city building and some scenes, so only City and Creator lines speaked to me, but...

When I started my adult lego journey a year ago, I had a tough time deciding between collecting for DC Comics or for Creator sets. I ultimately decided on DC Comics, and I've been happy with that decision so far. The minifigs and vehicles can be pretty great (I especially liked the stuff that came out of the Batman v. Superman line), but at the same time it's pretty easy to pass on the mediocre sets if you just don't want to spend the money.

Star Wars, on the other hand... it's always seemed to me like a black hole of money loss with all of the different (and great-looking) ships, ground-based scenes, and massive UCS stuff.

Osahi

S@H lowered their shipping fee for VIPS to 35 euro's (was 55), which is nice, because at times I failed to make the treshhold.

Not that I am getting a lot of cheaper sets from them, as I tend to only order D2C stuff. Especially now their prices on Star Wars and TLBM get incredibly out of hand, so it's becomes easier to wait a few weeks for discounts in regular toy shops... It can help for smaller Ideas stuff, thoug those also are generally above 55 euro's now.

TheFuzz

The Brick Show has reviews for All of the 2017 sets.

It really bothers me that the reviewer thinks the scuttler is a "mish-mash" of a set and repeatedly compares it a dog-like creature. It doesn't seem like he doesn't get that it's a giant bat and thinks it's like a TLM set and is supposed to be a mess. Calling it a cute puppy over and over and saying it's intentionally supposed to be weird.

If you mute the actual review, the set looks incredible. Jeez, for die-hard Batman fans, it's sad they get these for free and early.

The Brick Show has reviews for All of the 2017 sets.

It really bothers me that the reviewer thinks the scuttler is a "mish-mash" of a set and repeatedly compares it a dog-like creature. It doesn't seem like he doesn't get that it's a giant bat and thinks it's like a TLM set and is supposed to be a mess. Calling it a cute puppy over and over and saying it's intentionally supposed to be weird.

If you mute the actual review, the set looks incredible. Jeez, for die-hard Batman fans, it's sad they get these for free and early.

The Brick Show has repeatedly shown that they know nothing about the licenses the sets cover OR general common knowledge in any field. Part of why I don't watch them anymore, even if they get early review copies and somehow tend to love everyth... heeeey wait a minute.

Jang and, recently, Just2Good easily fill my need for reviews.

TheFuzz

The Brick Show has repeatedly shown that they know nothing about the licenses the sets cover OR general common knowledge in any field. Part of why I don't watch them anymore, even if they get early review copies and somehow tend to love everyth... heeeey wait a minute.

100% agreed. I can't even get through them anymore.

On a positive note, glancing at some stuff in the new Arkham set has COMPLETELY changed my opinion on it. Absolute must-buy for me now.

ghostmind

I don't know if you all see these on a regular basis, but I was driving on the highway yesterday and came up along a Maersk truck - the first one I've seen out in the wild. Of course I started freaking out, as the trailer looked exactly the containers on the Maersk train.

ghostmind

Agreed, once JANG started reviewing sets other than Bionicle/HF, there was no need to go back to the Brick Show.

I also watch j2g - mainly when he reviews sets that JANG hasn't covered (ie. Fabuland).

I don't know if you all see these on a regular basis, but I was driving on the highway yesterday and came up along a Maersk truck - the first one I've seen out in the wild. Of course I started freaking out, as the trailer looked exactly the containers on the Maersk train.

I see them in my travels pretty regularly and have exactly the same reaction.

Ponn

Banned
Whats in the box!?!?

Whewww...not a head but a box full of Lego Batman Movie goodness!

This will tide me over till January. January 1st is going to be an expensive day with Assembly Square and the rest of the Batman sets. Thankfully I have almost enough VIP points to completely pay off Assembly Square. I probably won't get all the Batman sets either. I really don't care for the new Arkham Asylum so that will be a pass unless it goes on heavy discount sale.

Nudull

Banned
Been a while since I hung out with you, LEGOgaf. :)

Really, really tempted to pick up Lego Avengers and Batman 3. Also, the Batman Movie line has been looking all kinds of amazing. o.o

Been a while since I hung out with you, LEGOgaf. :)

Really, really tempted to pick up Lego Avengers and Batman 3. Also, the Batman Movie line has been looking all kinds of amazing. o.o

LEGO Batman line is all about those mini figures. It is like a treasure trove of random and obscure characters.

God help us if LEGO ever makes a LEGO Avengers film. They could have multiple series of blind bags of nothing but Avengers members and still not scratch the surface. And that isn't even touching the villains.

5991-1330529517-0fb73697bec05cd7b7b10dc668c68514.jpg

LEGO Batman line is all about those mini figures. It is like a treasure trove of random and obscure characters.

God help us if LEGO ever makes a LEGO Avengers film. They could have multiple series of blind bags of nothing but Avengers members and still not scratch the surface. And that isn't even touching the villains.

5991-1330529517-0fb73697bec05cd7b7b10dc668c68514.jpg

LEGO could just make a few CMF series of Wasp variants alone.

Legion of Super Heroes is still one of my pipe dreams. At least LEGO may have all 3 of the founders which they already did 2 (Lightning Lad and Cosmic Boy). Just need Saturn Girl.

LEGO is really starting to leverage the Super Hero IPs really well. They've been putting much more that I have to cut back buying other themes.

LEGO could just make a few CMF series of Wasp variants alone.

Legion of Super Heroes is still one of my pipe dreams. At least LEGO may have all 3 of the founders which they already did 2 (Lightning Lad and Cosmic Boy). Just need Saturn Girl.

LEGO is really starting to leverage the Super Hero IPs really well. They've been putting much more that I have to cut back buying other themes.
I welcome them digging deep in the super hero sets. There are so many opportunities for greatness.

Still hoping for a Batroc the Leaper figure.

Osahi

Santa's Workshop is out for delivery! Just in time for this weekend, when we'll put our christmas decorations up. (I'll also build the Holiday Train)

Now I just hope the darn doorbell works, unlike last time...

Mutant Leader above Poison Ivy. Wasn't there a rumour suggesting he'd be in a set?

There was a strong rumour (I believe even with a set name) about that indeed.

Below a discussion of the first two days of the SW advent calendar. No names, just general observations.

We built the second day of the Star Wars Advent Calendar. Not a really strong start in all honesty.

The instructions are terrible, not suitable for young kids. The figure in day 2 (no spoiler) is not really exciting and I even had to look up who / what it was. The built from day 1 is not swooshable at all due to it falling apart from the lightest touch. This is the first Advent Calendar from Lego I have opened (last years is still sealed) and I think this will be the last one. But let us hope the rest of the days will be awesome.

papluh

Got the Black Friday order of VW T1 Camper today. Ordered it for family member as Xmas gift for her husband, did it for the Snowglobe gift for myself.
- Day or two ago she tells me her husband found the emails where she was inquiring about LEGO and told her he wants to wait until the kids grow up a little and he does not want any for himself (we continued over phone so he knows nothing about that she picked one already) :/
- Lego added the Nexo Battle Station freebie ... the heavy Creator pushed it through the Snowglobe box :/ :/

... and then I found Blue Power Jet for -30% and all was well again :D

BTW Did anybody successfully used Isopropyl alcohol to remove the glue from the 8 x 16 blue plate in 5004389 ?

Osahi

Y-Wing is up on S@H. Releases the 16th allready! And the price to part ratio is actually okay!

Shame the snowglobe offer is over by then. Would have loved to get a second one for my niece who collects snowglobes

wetwired

Oooh, I think I spotted Zan and Jayna! In background behind the Penguin.

Didn't realize that was Hawkgirl flying next to Green Lantern. Hawkman is actually on the ground next to what I believe is Black Canary!

I hope LEGO makes classic Green Arrow (Robin Hood had) and classic Black Canary minifigs.

I just ended up putting a green hood on my green arrow minifig as I preferred the hooded version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom