• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osahi

First looks at a Ninjago Movie Sensei Wu, and a GotG Milano polybag, courtesy of a European LEGO calendar:

0oNEe4n.jpg

6VjfKHn.jpg

That Milano! New colorscheme makes me hope they will have a new version in time for the film, because the previous one was the one that got away...

Markus

Stacks with BOGO. Plus TrU GC for 8% off at eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112211962318?rmvSB=true

f7010e3cafd3f0d6fea6f522cfb60715.jpg

ToysRus.com is having a BOGO 40% on City, Friends, Star Wars and Duplo.

Millennium Falcon ($119 on sale)

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kw=138346dec16&keywords=138346dec16&s=A-UnitRank&sr=1&origkw=138346dec16&ppg=96&page=1

*Not sure if its just my browser, but when going between the 3 pages of results, you need to click the "page number" rather than the "next" (>) arrow to get to the 3rd page (and you need to do this from page "1"). If you don't, it will show there is only 2 pages of results.

Have unlimited funds and a bunch of time?

Let JANG be your guide...

https://youtu.be/uhlsdcVdb0o

https://youtu.be/UnqLjgV3vfc

By the time I posted it I realized that I never googled lego deep sea displays, so I did it. The first results were those two videos. Amazing!

But since I lack those two things you mentioned I believe it is better to forgot the idea... (at least for now, I am new to Lego and still need to dive into the modulars...)

That Milano! New colorscheme makes me hope they will have a new version in time for the film, because the previous one was the one that got away...

I'm not sure where you're located, but I saw some Milano sets on the shelves as recently as Sept/Oct.

I believe it was a Toronto Walmart.

Rootbeer

Banned

They might be trying to price match target's deal (sort of)

which btw it's slightly better since you get 5% off with your RED Card, too

http://www.target.com/p/lego-ideas-yellow-submarine-21306/-/A-51488390
Stacks with BOGO. Plus TrU GC for 8% off at eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112211962318?rmvSB=true

f7010e3cafd3f0d6fea6f522cfb60715.jpg
GC is mailed not e-mailed... too bad. Could have used all 3 for really nice savings

Markus

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Seeing the new Lego Batman trailer and not seeing Condiment King and Gentleman Ghost in the blindbag set is quite disappointing.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
How is the new AT-ST? I was thinking about buying it for myself as a christmas gift >>..but it's also a looot of money for me right now. Just paid for our wedding rings so I'm short on the money.

Osahi

How is the new AT-ST? I was thinking about buying it for myself as a christmas gift >>..but it's also a looot of money for me right now. Just paid for our wedding rings so I'm short on the money.

Pretty brilliant. Solid build, great look and the turning head feature is in-cred-ible (basicly looks like how it moves in the movie)

It will be around for awhile IMO. I always push to buy stuff, but happy future wife = happy life. Don't start off with being cash strapped. Also, it's been on sale a lot for 20% off before holiday season. There will be other opportunities. Just make sure to keep an eye on it after summer so you don't miss out on it.

Ponn

Banned
Target has $10 off $50 and $25 off of $100 and it supposedly works on Lego. And they have the new Lego Batman Movie sets up on their website sooooo...you know what to do LegoGAF, especially those with a Red Card.

does amazon honor the $99 snow globe promotion? I got it from ordering the beetle off the lego shop and was wondering if i could get 2. Got the pet shop on amazon on black friday. Might sell it and try to get something else if thats the case

If to had to guess its probably a lego shop only thing.

Edit: It goes for $40 at most sites? Hmm might sell it either way.

Going to the Lego Store in downtown Chicago Friday...looking forward to snagging some good stuff, including the skyline which is available now there.

Ponn

Banned
does amazon honor the $99 snow globe promotion? I got it from ordering the beetle off the lego shop and was wondering if i could get 2. Got the pet shop on amazon on black friday. Might sell it and try to get something else if thats the case

If to had to guess its probably a lego shop only thing.

Edit: It goes for $40 at most sites? Hmm might sell it either way.

Snow Globe was a Lego Store and S@H only promotion.

TheFuzz

Brought home the Resistance Troop Transporter today, saving it for when I have time this weekend.

GAF hasn't let me down yet, lets see if this thing can elbow its way into my Top 5.

Congrats on getting your wedding rings! Don't go into debt for LEGO. The AT-ST is (IMO) the best walker in a while, but it'll be around for a while. As others have said the head turning motion is very well done.

Brought home the Resistance Troop Transporter today, saving it for when I have time this weekend.

GAF hasn't let me down yet, lets see if this thing can elbow its way into my Top 5.

Such a tight build. I'm a big fan.

Also, I love your holiday avatar.

Yo, the Super Hero Airport Battle is $52.99 (35% off) on Amazon.com for Prime members. I'm finally going to get one.

Dangit. I was waiting for a good sale like this, but I already got one with one of the LEGO store promos.

Buy it! That's a great deal. I love Giant Man/Ant Man. I haven't built the Quinjet in the set, but I've heard a lot of good stuff about it.

LEGO Super Heroes Super Hero Airport Battle 76051

Waiting for a better sale than 20% off for the AT-ST. I've been strong weaning off Star Wars theme as Super Hero theme grows. AT-ST is getting a lot of love, but I can hold out while I continue down the Super Hero black hole.

wetwired

Yes. Very unfortunate.

Fucker ruining my good name.

Anyway my order from BuyGoFigure.com arrived today

buygofigure.jpg

From left to right, Batman NES version, Batmite, Earth 2 Batman, Batman Begins Scarecrow and I bought a couple of printed tiles with comics on them.

Scarecrow was actually just bought as the head and torso (no arms or hands)

They're all digitally printed so the quality isn't as good as LEGO (
or waller customs :p
). The prints looked raised and kinda spotty under light unlike pad printing, but having said that the quality seems better than Minfigures.com. The Cowls are custom parts and lack some of the quality of LEGO, you can see the plastic remnants on the tops of the cowls, particularly on the batman and NES batman.

The capes are custom as well and quite a lot stiffer than regular LEGO capes. The colours are match well with the exception of Batmites Cowl which is considerably paler, which is disappointing to the point I may bricklink a regular blue cape to replace it.

Even with the issues I may buy more as they have a ton more Batman variants available (Darkest Knight) along with a bajillion other superheros and characters.

Ryuuroden

Bucket wheel excavator is 50 dollars off on Amazon (18% off) debating it cause the percentage drops on technic sets usually do not max out higher than that but it does happen.

wetwired

To be fair, you will always regret both selling and keeping lego sets. I had about 3 wolverine vs deadpool sets lying around for ages. I sold them for RRP about 2 months before the deadpool footage leaked, now they're worth a small fortune

It's too early for both. Simpsons House has at at least another 12 months and GB HQ at least 2 years in circulation. Better off investing in another Sandcrawler and Ewok Village.

Edit: there's a strong chance LEPIN is going to lose the case against LEGO, according to lawyer friend in China, which will drive up the price of the two retiring Star Wars sets even more.

It's too early for both. Simpsons House has at at least another 12 months and GB HQ at least 2 years in circulation. Better off investing in another Sandcrawler and Ewok Village.

Edit: there's a strong chance LEPIN is going to lose the case against LEGO, according to lawyer friend in China, which will drive up the price of the two retiring Star Wars sets even more.

I can probably get either of the two Star Wars sets but didn't know either of them were in very high demand to begin with.. I mean, Ewok Village at least (I know Sandcrawler is highly reviewed but don't know anyone who is dying to get one really..)

I can probably get either of the two Star Wars sets but didn't know either of them were in very high demand to begin with.. I mean, Ewok Village at least (I know Sandcrawler is highly reviewed but don't know anyone who is dying to get one really..)
Neither will be remade for at least five years, maybe longer for EV.

Often sets appreciate because of a post-circulation cult following because they are so unique (e.g. Medieval Village, MF's Haunted House)

Plus it's Star Wars.

Edit: hop onto the site that shall not be named and see how many knock-off Sandcrawler and EV are sold each day. They're not exactly cheap either

TheFuzz

Congrats on getting your wedding rings! Don't go into debt for LEGO. The AT-ST is (IMO) the best walker in a while, but it'll be around for a while. As others have said the head turning motion is very well done.

Such a tight build. I'm a big fan.

Also, I love your holiday avatar.

Thanks! Yeah, I hear high praise here on it. I also have it on good authority the wife is getting me the Resistance x-wing. I haven't had an x-wing since the OG 1999, so the build should be interesting to me.

DonShula

I want a damn Ewok Village but now I'm refusing to buy one until it's $175 on Amazon again. It probably never will be...

I'm becoming addicted to Walmart clearance for Lego. I have a couple stores nearby that typically clearance before the rest, AND they are terrible about updating shelf tags. Result has been nice for me. On the flip side, I now refuse to pay MSRP, which has set some unreasonable expectations for my shopping habits.

mclem

Seriously? Given the amount of companies that haven't been able to make inroads towards protecting their IP in China, I didn't think Lego had a realistic chance.

my god. you know you've hired a hell of a lawyer when you stand a realistic chance of winning a copyright case in china.

I dunno if i buy that, there have been car companies that have literally copied an entire car in china and still got away with it. Copying lego sets seems like one of the less likely things to actually have consequences.

I dunno if i buy that, there have been car companies that have literally copied an entire car in china and still got away with it. Copying lego sets seems like one of the less likely things to actually have consequences.

i assume that one day chinese businesses will decide they want to operate in an environment where copyright laws and patents are actually honored. I just figured the transition would be a few decades away from beginning, and will be very surprised if it turns out to be ongoing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom