• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetwired

getting through a backlog tonight, the A-Team van and gang..

ui4oupconx2y.jpg

KITT would be here but I decided to change the wheels on it yesterday which means it's now lying in pieces

Nice reviews and photos. The joke on calulator's helmet was obvious to me but it went over their heads.

"The front of the power armor gets a 1×1 tile with a new calculator entry pad, and the white helmet visor displays a digital readout of 07734 (the significance of which is unknown — it may well simply be an inside joke to a LEGO designer)."

Turn him upside down. Would have been awesome if they used 58008

Blue Jet is 40% off here.... wondering if I should bite it. I already spent over my Lego budget, and mainly collect minifig scale sets.

Also Twin Helicopter is 60% off and just released here. Must be really selling bad.

Browsing through this thread for the first time in many months my wallet sure is happy I moved to the LA and dropped the hobby. :p

I do miss it somewhat though. ;)

Rootbeer

Banned

WhiteFang did his review on Nov 26th... though I totally missed it and didn't see it until today. lol. (or was the post hidden all this time until today? it only has one reply as I write this hmm. Maybe it was hidden while he worked on it.)

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/ind...17-lego-minifigures-lego-batman-movie-series/

Still amazes me that LEGO sends them to him for review after all this time. A whole box no less.

30768628763_62af1484b1_o_d.jpg

Like always, I buckle when these series are released and want to get a bunch. I don't care too much for many of the characters, but there are tons of useful parts, and some like Fairy Batman are just hilarious.

With the price hike, I'll probably look around for deals. Many stores tend to have a discount if you get multiples nowadays. I think CMF are selling more slowly now - Simpsons 2 took ages to clear out and I'm seeing Disney and S16 everywhere.

ghostmind

WhiteFang's review was hidden until now.

Having the box split evenly into three full sets is so much better than previous assortments. I wish LEGO would do this with their 16 and 18 CMF sets, and just raise the total count to 64 (72) or lower to 48 (56) for future CMF releases. Or just do 20 CMFs for all Series going forward, and go with the 60-count box.

mojiimbo

I'm not sure how the process exactly works, but would you be able to easily make a crude Dr. Manhattan by removing some of the paint on that Zodiac(?) figure?

30117096165_5cee65e89b_z.jpg

Mini review of 70901 : Mr. Freeze Ice Attack or as I like to call it: Mr. Freeze Artic Attack

This is my first set I've built with the LEGO Batman Movie Batman. The head is has printing on both side, but I have a complaint on one of the prints. The eye printing for the mask holes is too dark as I saw was in the Glam Rock Batman here:

31419257362_bbb9b6745c_n.jpg

The LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures by The Brothers Brick, on Flickr

The eye print is very dark and virtually imperceptible when the Batman helmet/mask is on.

The main attraction of this set is the Mr. Freeze mech. It appears to use the same specialized torso mould that will be used for the Nexo Knights Battle Suit sets next year. The difference is the Artic Armor mech uses it backwards. Based on how much I liked the little mech, I think the Nexo Battle Suits may be very popular with kids. A key difference is the Freeze mech uses a new hand mold that uses the smaller ball joints. The Nexo Knights battle suits use the large ball joint hands which gives them a bulkier look and feel. A bit Super Deformed with small heads instead of large heads if you are familiar with the anime style.

The mech is small, so one shouldn't expect a lot of building and details, but this packs a lot of nice details in a small package. Pretty much the bulk of those details are in the torso, I mean just look at those thighs and arms. For me this mech is the mini equivalent of Lex's Power Armor mech.

The other build part of the set is nice, but is basically a backdrop with some small play features. As it was my first build with the new macaroni tubes, I did enjoy that part and seeing the possibilities with those.

It's a nice set, but I can't help comparing it to the Lex Power Armor set from 2011 in terms of price. The piece count is almost the same, but the much of the parts in Mr. Freeze set are small parts. I highly recommend the set, but hold out of a sale or some promo. I bought this set to pad out my LEGO order to get the Xmas ornament promo. Very happy with it.

EDIT: Adding links to other review(s) as I come across them.
http://brickset.com/article/25091

Rootbeer

Banned
Looks like there is still some inconsistent information about the pricing and rather it will be 3.99 or 4.99 (in the USA anyway.)

Anyway some retailers use the same item # for minifigures so even if the price does go up, there's a chance you could get them for the lower price if you are lucky.

Like always, I buckle when these series are released and want to get a bunch. I don't care too much for many of the characters, but there are tons of useful parts, and some like Fairy Batman are just hilarious.

With the price hike, I'll probably look around for deals. Many stores tend to have a discount if you get multiples nowadays. I think CMF are selling more slowly now - Simpsons 2 took ages to clear out and I'm seeing Disney and S16 everywhere.

Brothers bricks's review listed the price as $3.99 USD (which I assumed was a mistake). With all the price hike rumors floating around I am expecting a much higher price. My fingers are crossed the rumors are not accurate.

WhiteFang did his review on Nov 26th... though I totally missed it and didn't see it until today. lol. (or was the post hidden all this time until today? it only has one reply as I write this hmm. Maybe it was hidden while he worked on it.)

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/ind...17-lego-minifigures-lego-batman-movie-series/

Still amazes me that LEGO sends them to him for review after all this time. A whole box no less.

White Fang is my favorite reviewer of CMFs. I enjoy the extra photos he includes comparing the reviewed CMFs to comparable minifigs that were made. He also has a sense of humor that I enjoy.

I swear there was one CMF series that he did not do. I always check his CMF reviews out before I buy and I recall not being able to find it for one series.

Not to say Brothers Bricks CMF review wasn't good. I think if someone wants a quick review that covers the key points and has nice photos of the minifigs and parts, Brothers Bricks is great. White Fang's reviews are more verbose.

Markus

ToysRus.com is having a BOGO 40% on City, Friends, Star Wars and Duplo.

Millennium Falcon ($119 on sale)

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kw=138346dec16&keywords=138346dec16&s=A-UnitRank&sr=1&origkw=138346dec16&ppg=96&page=1

*Not sure if its just my browser, but when going between the 3 pages of results, you need to click the "page number" rather than the "next" (>) arrow to get to the 3rd page (and you need to do this from page "1"). If you don't, it will show there is only 2 pages of results.

BN has a vast majority of LEGO stuff on sale for 20% off through Christmas. Ideas, LEGO Batman Movie, DC Super Hero Girls, Architecture, CMF, and UCS style sets aren't discounted, but just about everything else is.

The coupons don't work, but stack the 20% with the membership and it is close to 30% off just about everything.

Why is Batman fighting
Daleks
?

If they make Zan, Jayna and Gleek some kind of exclusive... <shakes fist vigorously>

We need Gentlemen Ghost and Condiment King!

God I love this theme.

Would love Zan and Jayne! Would make perfect new hair pieces for Vulcans or Elves.
Sad that Condiment King isn't in any sets as I imagine totally ridiculous characters like that would only be made in LEGO Batman Movie theme.

Dat Apache Chief and Black Vulcan cameo in the Superfriends shot!

Don't forget El Dorado and I believe that's Samauri. Got all the 70's Super Friends non-comic people except for Marvin, Wendy, and Wonder Dog.

Would love Zan and Jayne! Would make perfect new hair pieces for Vulcans or Elves.
Sad that Condiment King isn't in any sets as I imagine totally ridiculous characters like that would only be made in LEGO Batman Movie theme.

Don't forget El Dorado and I believe that's Samauri. Got all the 70's Super Friends non-comic people except for Marvin, Wendy, and Wonder Dog.
Is that Marvin or Wendy behind Green Lantern?
CzcbhQ9UkAEcB3u.jpg

Is that Marvin or Wendy behind Green Lantern?
CzcbhQ9UkAEcB3u.jpg

Neither. :)

For the young people here that aren't familiar with the 70's Super Friends miniority super heroes and teen alien twins, I labeled them.

I was thinking that Hanna-Barbera may own the rights to those characters, but it seems Warner Brothers acquired Hanna-Barbera in 2001, so there's still hope LEGO and Warner Bros will make it happen. Zan and Jayna would not be any problem, but the other characters may be slightly controversial.

Characters based on many of those 70's Super Friends characters made an appearance in Justice League Unlimited the animated series in the mid-2000 under different names. Much cooler costumes and less stereotypical names.

Wind Dragon = Samurai
Shifter = Jayna
Downpour = Zan
Long Shadow = Apache Chief
Juice = Black Vulcan

http://dcau.wikia.com/wiki/Ultimen

Shameless insertion of comics I did with some of those characters.
9182726403_7b2b6d2b56_n.jpg
9193734372_01cb24044d_n.jpg

wetwired

I hope they turn it into a set and call it 'The Butmobile'

I just got home and compared my version, there's some very minor changes behind the bat head they've made, added some grills etc. And obviously added the red stripe decal and eyes which I couldn't do

papluh

I hope it stays at 2.59&#8364; here... (and that I can still find them under MSRP) I may buy a set on BL if it's increased over 3&#8364;.

They briefly appeared online on LEGO Shop for 3.99&#8364; (in German-Austrian version, in Czech it was 99 CZK), but only as listed, could not be bought.
Now they disappeared.

Koren

Official German price of Serie 16 was 2.99€
It's strange that usually Germany is cheaper than France, but not for minifigs...

Honestly, 3€ is already too much, anything above is crazy. If you could choose the minifig, I could maybe live with it, but in blindpacks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom