• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

You jumped on it at just the right time. The only way you can price match is if the item is still in stock, and you can't get a price adjustment on clearance items. $35 for Krennic's Shuttle is the lowest I've seen at any store. Someone would have bought it if you hadn't, and it never would have dropped lower. Someone will sail though and clean the place out soon enough... I've read stories in other forums of people who just buy all of it (multiples of the same set) for reselling or hoarding for aftermarket.

The only times I've gotten insane deals are when the items have gone on clearance but the store has neglected to change the shelf tags. Then no one knows the prices are lower unless they use the app or take the item to a barcode scanner.
Oh yeah, I wasn't going to wait on Krennic's Shuttle this was the only Wal-mart that had one and I already missed out on the Spider-man Bridge because I didn't feel like going that day. But that's how I got it too, I think it was marked $65 on the shelf.

I meant stuff like the Croc's Sewer Smash there was a shelf full, the Doc Ock set I passed on too had like 11. Even the Scuttler had 4 or 5 but that was the one of the main ones I ventured out for so I was going to get it regardless. These changes just happened so it will be interesting to see how long they last or how quick they drop.

There were some sets I was on the fence on like 70351 Clay's Falcon Fighter Blaster for $25 or the TIE striker or the StarScavenger. I got so much already and their price wasn't as good as some of the deals I already bought so I decided to let them go and hope they drop a lttile more.

X-Posting from the other thread:

Also where did Voltron come from? It's not on the grid.

EDIT: Gone back through the blog, it was in the previous selection but they only just announced it?

Previous round, licensing issues prevent them to announce it earlier.

So it is Ship in the bottle AND Voltron

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09...8d6/post/f20a58da-a8fd-4a2c-a0db-3a094de6fe21

4633435-Ship_in_a_bottle_-_The_Flagship_Leviathan_-_Fan_Model-6AsJgOBBXkFADw-thumbnail-full.png
4633439-Voltron_-_Defender_of_the_Univese_-_Fan_Model-EfI2I7gJ6O-D4A-thumbnail-full.png
Yesssss, I knew Ship in a Bottle would be accepted. It's original, looks great, and doesn't look like it'll cost $500 like some Ideas submissions.

I've got a decent track record for voting on winning sets so far. Ship in a Bottle, Saturn V, Doctor Who, and Back to the Future. The others I voted on either didn't get enough votes (like the red Squirrel), or the license was too much of a long shot (Shaun of the Dead Winchester, Red Dwarf, MST3K). I like to count Portal as having won since they did include it in LEGO Dimensions (they list it as "Not Approved" on the Ideas page, but I swear it got approved years agonand was just forgotten about).

Voltron should be pretty cool too. I'm not a diehard fan of the franchise, but I best it'll make for a cool LEGO set.

Ponn

Banned
Wowzers, was not expecting voltron to get it but was hoping for it. That is really awesome. It's great to see TLG not shying away from these large sets anymore, this is like over 2k pieces right? Wonder what the final price and piece count will be.

Going to show some love to that ship in a bottle set. I wanted that too, thought it was really creative and interested in how the final product turns out.

Looking at the lineup for the next evaluation session, rooting for Venetian Houses mostly, but like the arcade machines and perhaps the medieval watermill (although it looks a bit too roughshod for my liking, Old Fishing Store is more the style I like)

Have a feeling it will be the plane, looks kind of dull to me though

Have a feeling it will be the plane, looks kind of dull to me though

There are tons of Creator planes yet.

Venetian Houses look nice but I guess it is too big, too many pieces (but after OFS who knows?).

If any, my bet is on the arcade, if not licensing issues (the real cabinets have licenses, so... )

Ryuuroden

Nice to see voltron approved. Would like to see some other mecha eventually like Gundam and Macross but I think Macross was already attempted and of course it died because Harmony Gold. Stupid thing is Harmony Gold does not really have the rights it acts like it has but no one will try to do Macross stuff anyways because even though you would win any lawsuit, the costs of litigation make the endever not profitable. We need somebody with a lot of money and doesn't care about profits to take it on.

I built the Lego Ninjago Movie Lightning Jet!

Managed to get it at a 33% discount. Feels like good value at that price. The build experience is good. There's quite a lot of Technic pieces - most of my sets have been Creator ones and it made an interesting change putting it together. I think it looks more impressive in the flesh than in pictures. It's satisfying watching it gradually bulk out after completing the core section. There isn't much repetition except for the detailing at the end. I was slightly disappointed there's nowhere to put Jay's scythe - in the instructions he just casually leaves it on the ground when he's on the jet. That's probably the only downer apart from the crushing pressure of applying the stickers.

I had kinda moderate expectations for this but I'm a lot happier with it at the end of the build than I was when I opened the box.

Here's a random comparison pic with the Legacy Ninja Megazord (wot cost a lot more) and Vacation Getaways set (wot cost slightly less). Feel like I got a decent chunk o' plastic for the money.

Picked up a clearance Krennic's Shuttle, Bane Toxic Truck and Ninjago Lighthouse Seige on my way to work this morning. Last ones of each at my local Walmart.

Taisaijin

VOLTRON.

With the fall submission review consisting almost entirely of IP-based submissions, it begs the question what Ideas will look like when the new IP restricted guidelines start to trickle down into the reviews until it's entirely devoid of IP content.

As a fan of Ideas being a vector for incorporating unique and fringe licenses like Voltron, it stings a bit, but I think for the MOC community at large it will be a net positive change.

Rootbeer

Banned
Bring back the monster haunted house
They can update it to connect to the other modulars
We need Monster Fighters v2 or some equivalent that strongly features monsters and creepy stuff. Scooby Doo did try, but it's just not the same.

Oh, and a 2nd series of monster focused CMF :)

Boogiepop

Man, I need to stop getting drawn into the hype of you people posting crazy Walmart deals. Actually checked Brickseek ahead of time, and... the K-2SO and Death Trooper buildables that Brickseek said the store should've had 2 each of for $2.50 a pop weren't there at all, despite hunting and asking. I admittedly read wrong on the Captain America jet that has Ms. Marvel, as it was in stock at the store I went to, but only discounted... at every other store around me, which have none. And nothing else I would've wanted was on sale there, except...

I DID manage to get Clayface for a discount. Just under $17 compared to the $15 you other guys got, because that's what it was listed on the shelf... but not what it rang up as. So I had to fight for it and it took probably waaaaaaaaay longer than it should've. But I guess at least I walked away with something.

But yeah, think I may be done with wandering over to Walmart hoping for amazing deals, because it seems to just turn out to be something of a mess for me compared to what you guys end up getting...

Maengun1

omg ship in a bottle hype!!!

I was pulling for that and the vintage tram, that's exactly the kind of thing I want from Lego (I'm counting down the days to old fishing store)

DonShula

Man, I need to stop getting drawn into the hype of you people posting crazy Walmart deals. Actually checked Brickseek ahead of time, and... the K-2SO and Death Trooper buildables that Brickseek said the store should've had 2 each of for $2.50 a pop weren't there at all, despite hunting and asking. I admittedly read wrong on the Captain America jet that has Ms. Marvel, as it was in stock at the store I went to, but only discounted... at every other store around me, which have none. And nothing else I would've wanted was on sale there, except...

I DID manage to get Clayface for a discount. Just under $17 compared to the $15 you other guys got, because that's what it was listed on the shelf... but not what it rang up as. So I had to fight for it and it took probably waaaaaaaaay longer than it should've. But I guess at least I walked away with something.

But yeah, think I may be done with wandering over to Walmart hoping for amazing deals, because it seems to just turn out to be something of a mess for me compared to what you guys end up getting...

Use the Walmart app and Brickseek together. Sometimes when one is wrong, the other will tell you what's true. If either says out of stock, it's almost definitely out of stock. I've been burned taking a side trip only to find what's supposed to be there isn't there. Now I'll only go if there are several items I'm interested in - it helps the odds a bit.

So, that trans red mini fig head I lost last night somehow bounced off the hardwood floor and landed on one of the end tables. It was just sitting there next to the speaker like nothing happened. Freaky.

Time to build the Green Mech Dragon!

Checking in with another Walmart clearance. Mostly was Friends/Disney but picked up about 7 sets at 50% off.

Also noted in the aisle was a sign by the Friends sets giving a heads up that in 2018 they will be located in the same aisle as the other Lego sets.

Dat dragon! While I don't like the color scheme as much as Morro Dragon, this is by far the superior build. Just a few tweaks to the joint work for posing and you could have peak dragon in this set. The head is especially awesome with how it all comes together.
Yes, it looks like cheating with those two jaw pieces, but those are really just window dressing to how awesome the head on this thing is.

Chezzymann was first on this hypetrain, and he is delivering us to the promised land. Really, this is the best dragon yet.

wetwired

I got a $20 voucher from Myer in the mail this week and a 10% coupon for my birthday, I decided to stop by on the way to work this morning with the intent of picking up the Saturn V, they didn't have it in yet. so I ended up somehow walking out with The Battle of Atlantis and the Knightcrawler Tunnel Attack instead

ghostmind

I've been watching all the JANG reviews for the Ninjago Movie sets, and I am super-impressed on the quality of the sets, and the great price-per-piece value across the subtheme.

When this year started, I thought the LEGO Batman Movie sets were going to steal the show, and I wasn't giving much thought to the Ninjago Movie sets. It looks like I will be changing my opinion, and picking up a bunch of these after September.

Late night potato cam incoming!

Really, really awesome looking display piece, and this isn't even scratching the surface of cool details hidden below decks and in the main cabin.

Are those golden bananas? I'm way behind on all these new sets. That ship is like a UCS Destiny's Bounty.

fisheyes

Bought the Dragon mech on a whim today. Just love the look of it, can't wait to build it. This thread is getting me more pumped.

Lego-GAF, I'm going to IKEA tomorrow to get some storage shelves and am wondering does anyone have any suggestions please?

It's mainly for the modulars and Star Wars stuff. Have a Shield Helicarrier to put somewhere and haven't yet built the Death Star so I'm thinking ahead for that as well.

Any advice much appreciated!

The Lego Ninjago movie sets got that "spark" back that was lost in the Lego Batman movie sets in my opinion. That manic imaginative feeling that the original Lego movie sets had is back and its terrible for my wallet

DonShula

Lego-GAF, I'm going to IKEA tomorrow to get some storage shelves and am wondering does anyone have any suggestions please?

It's mainly for the modulars and Star Wars stuff. Have a Shield Helicarrier to put somewhere and haven't yet built the Death Star so I'm thinking ahead for that as well.

Jealous. My advice is to just browse the showroom area. They have a ton of stuff. I always spend too much there.

I have a Vittsjo for most of my modulars and bigger LEGO builds, and everyone I've shown said it looks nice. The 2x4 one.

CSusOPq.jpg

I have a Vittsjo for most of my modulars and bigger LEGO builds, and everyone I've shown said it looks nice. The 2x4 one.

[IG]http://imgur.com/CSusOPq.jpg[/IMG]

Same here. I like the 1x4 version I use.

Some issues with taller sets - space shuttle, imperial flagship won't fit - but they can go on top like formated4tv's firehouse.

(I think I had to take down the bell for the fire brigade too.)

Top Bottom