• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

It is pretty funny to see UCS Falcon prices going down
I can buy one for $2899 , just a month ago it was like $5000

That being said, I need to sell my lego sets to afford that big ass falcon , might list some sets here and the other thread

DonShula

My triumph and/or shame after today's impromptu Walmart visit:

70904 Clayface Splat Attack - $15
70907 Killer Croc Tail-Gator - $30
70908 The Scuttler - $30
76054 Batman Scarecrow Harvest of Fear - $21
70627 Ninjago Dragon's Forge - $40
70594 Ninjago The Lighthouse Siege - $35
70592 Ninjago Salvage M.E.C. - $11
76077 Captain America Jet Pursuit - $9
41303 Friends Puppy Playground - $2.50
41312 Friends Heartlake Sports Center - $19
41129 Friends Amusement Park Hotdog Van - $15

Put in the cart and then put back on the shelf after deep thought:
70626 Ninjago Dawn of Iron Doom - $25
76055 Batman Killer Croc Sewer Smash - $30
76059 Spider-man Doc Ock's Tentacle Trap - $21
75147 Star Wars StarScavenger - $19

I showed my wife and yet I live. The Batman Movie stuff will go on display and the rest is stashed for gift-giving opportunities :)

Got the green ninja mech dragon, it's fantastic! Probably my favorite Lego dragon ever. Better than the morro dragon imo. Just much more natural proportions and an appealing shape. Lots of clever techniques too like attaching the eyes to a handle bar piece.

(Excuse the photo quality pics)

Will build mine tomorrow, or possibly tonight. But first, must finish Destiny's Bounty!

DBT85

70908 The Scuttler - $30

I showed my wife and yet I live. The Batman Movie stuff will go on display and the rest is stashed for gift-giving opportunities :)

And lo DonShula did spake, "I'll take one of everything, thanks".

The new DC build your own adventure book has an awesome minifig and mini-Lantern Jet build, but the book itself I don't really like.

Wish I would have known what it was before I pre-ordered, but oh well, haha.

wetwired

Whats the hook of the architecture line? I never see anyone talk about it and it doesnt seem that appealing.

Is it like mature calssy lego for adults or something?

I'm not into it myself either, I get why people are but they seem overly expensive for the parts to me

70908 The Scuttler - $30

That's pretty similar to what I've found too. I got the 75156 Krennic's Imperial Shuttle for $35 and passed on the 75154 TIE Striker for the same price.

I wonder if I jumped too soon on some of these prices, there was a lot of stock on some of these sets. I guess if they drop more I can buy and return the higher price one or do they adjust prices for a certain number of days?

Bii

Got Clayface Splat Attack ($15), Scuttler ($30) and the Lego Ninjago Movie Fire Mech ($56). Tried to keep it under $100. Haha

That's pretty similar to what I've found too. I got the 75156 Krennic's Imperial Shuttle for $35 and passed on the 75154 TIE Striker for the same price.

I wonder if I jumped too soon on some of these prices, there was a lot of stock on some of these sets. I guess if they drop more I can buy and return the higher price one or do they adjust prices for a certain number of days?
Krennics Shuttle for $35 is crazy good deal. Jealous.

Ponn

Banned
It is pretty funny to see UCS Falcon prices going down
I can buy one for $2899 , just a month ago it was like $5000

That being said, I need to sell my lego sets to afford that big ass falcon , might list some sets here and the other thread

I've already started purging my stockpile of backlog sets that have taken over a whole corner of a room. I didn't consider it possible to afford the UCS MF but if I sold some other sets that I originally wasn't purging I might be able to fund the UCS MF. I swore off new SW sets but i'm starting to get that pit in my stomach that if I don't pick up the UCS MF i'm going to regret it for years to come. I regret not getting the UCS SSD because it was still available at MSRP when I got back into Lego. I was limiting myself at that time and the addiction wasn't as strong but now I do regret not getting it. My biggest debate to fund a purchase would be to sell off my Big Ben and Tower Bridge sets and that would cover half of the cost of the UCS MF right there. I have to do just get all my backlog together and really decide what I really want to keep, what I want to eventually display and what I realistically have room for.

I was in the dark ages in 2007/2008, but my then girlfriend (now wife) and I were visiting her parents in Chicago for a week or so. We went to the LEGO store at the mall so we could get more fridge magnets (she had a bunch on her fridge and I couldn't help but play with them and build stuff with the 2x4 bricks whenever I was at her place). They had the UCS Falcon there sitting on the shelf.
I drooled over it. I almost used my credit card and almost went further into debt to get it, because it was too sexy to not get. I hadn't bought a LEGO set in years (last time I got anything since Space Police II was a Technic Star Wars Destroyer Droid), but the Falcon and the other UCS Star Wars sets were calling to me. I was strong and only bought some more magnets, mainly because there would be no way to get the Falcon home on the plane without checking it, and I was broke as shit.

Then, I came out of the dark ages in 2012 or so, and now LEGO has overtaken our home. And my wife knows not to try and talk me out of the new Falcon. I will not be denied it this time.

I have started getting birthday checks, and those are going to the Falcon in September (or Ninjago City this month, but will probably wait till double VIP for that one. No rush). My wife said today that her mom would get a kick out of me using all the money to fund the Falcon. She knows that me passing on it a decade ago has been a source of pain.

It will be mine, dammit!

Jimrpg

I was in the dark ages in 2007/2008, but my then girlfriend (now wife) and I were visiting her parents in Chicago for a week or so. We went to the LEGO store at the mall so we could get more fridge magnets (she had a bunch on her fridge and I couldn't help but play with them and build stuff with the 2x4 bricks whenever I was at her place). They had the UCS Falcon there sitting on the shelf.
I drooled over it. I almost used my credit card and almost went further into debt to get it, because it was too sexy to not get. I hadn't bought a LEGO set in years (last time I got anything since Space Police II was a Technic Star Wars Destroyer Droid), but the Falcon and the other UCS Star Wars sets were calling to me. I was strong and only bought some more magnets, mainly because there would be no way to get the Falcon home on the plane without checking it, and I was broke as shit.

Then, I came out of the dark ages in 2012 or so, and now LEGO has overtaken our home. And my wife knows not to try and talk me out of the new Falcon. I will not be denied it this time.

I have started getting birthday checks, and those are going to the Falcon in September (or Ninjago City this month, but will probably wait till double VIP for that one. No rush). My wife said today that her mom would get a kick out of me using all the money to fund the Falcon. She knows that me passing on it a decade ago has been a source of pain.

It will be mine, dammit!

I love stories like this!

A bit off topic, mine is the SNES - (because my dad imported a Sega Mega Drive) so I'll be looking forward to the SNES Classic, which I have preordered.

It was offered to me set 5770 Lighthouse Island. Is there any reason to get it instead of the more recent 31051 Lighthouse Point? The older has a light brick but everything looks improved in the newest set. Thoughts?

Sorry for the triple post but it seems that there is a double vip points promotion on some Ninjago Movies sets that run until the end of August. City Chase, Master Falls, Ultimate Temple, Destiny's Bounty and Green Dragon are part of it. Wondering if Ninjago City will take part of it when it realises. $30 off could be a nice incentive.

Edited to remove some dumb autocorrect errors....

Sorry for the triple post but it seems that there is always double vip points promotion on some Ninjago Movies sets that run until the end of August. City Chase, Master Falls, Ultimate Temple, Destiny's Bounty and Green Dragon are part of it. Wondering if Ninjago City will take part of it when it realises. $30 off could be a nive incentive.
Ugh. If Ninjago City gets double VIP immediately...well I will jump immediately.

More points to go towards the Falcon.

Late night potato cam incoming!

Yeah, just crammed it in the first space I could find that the cat can't get to. But maybe the ninjas are crossing themes to kill everyone.

Really, really awesome looking display piece, and this isn't even scratching the surface of cool details hidden below decks and in the main cabin.

It is a toss up as to whether this or Silent Mary is the superior ship this year. Silent Mary had some cooler build techniques in it, but Destiny's Bounty has more little touches and details inside.

Silent Mary is a creepy, intimidating display when done, and can be "posed" to enhance the creepiness. But Destiny's Bounty is a gorgeous classical Asian boat with wonderful flourishes on display.

Silent Mary has some cool ghost and creepy mini figs. Destiny's Bounty has ninjas.

The only thing that Destiny's Bounty has an undisputed win over Silent Mary in is price and parts selection. Destiny's Bounty has one more piece than Silent Mary, yet costs $40 less. And odds are you will be able to find Destiny's Bounty at steep discounts fairly quickly.

It should not be a shock to anyone that this set kicks all manners of ass.

On a side note, I lost a piece from the set while building. It was one of the trans red mini fig head pieces for the lanterns on the deck of the ship. I dropped one of the builds on the hardwood floor and only found the radar dish piece. And since I had headphones on, I couldn't hear what direction the piece rolled. I scoured the floor with a flashlight for ten minutes or so and found nothing but dust and a dead spider.
Ugh. And it is a piece that I have zero of outside of this set. You can see the lantern missing the red piece in the background of the final pic.
Oh, well.

DBT85

This evening I shall be trying to design a cabinet for the new Falcon to live in that must also house my sky box, amp and ps4. I'll negate trying to squeeze in the server as it's a) huge and b) moving elsewhere in the house anyway.

_Rob_

Really, really awesome looking display piece, and this isn't even scratching the surface of cool details hidden below decks and in the main cabin.

On a side note, I lost a piece from the set while building. It was one of the trans red mini fig head pieces for the lanterns on the deck of the ship. I dropped one of the builds on the hardwood floor and only found the radar dish piece. And since I had headphones on, I couldn't hear what direction the piece rolled. I scoured the floor with a flashlight for ten minutes or so and found nothing but dust and a dead spider.
Ugh. And it is a piece that I have zero of outside of this set. You can see the lantern missing the red piece in the background of the final pic.
Oh, well.

Man I can't wait to get my hands on this! Just a heads up (literally in this case), I actually got a spare trans red minifig head in 70607, so you may get lucky if you plan on grabbing one!

Andrin

Yeah, just crammed it in the first space I could find that the cat can't get to. But maybe the ninjas are crossing themes to kill everyone.

It is a toss up as to whether this or Silent Mary is the superior ship this year. Silent Mary had some cooler build techniques in it, but Destiny's Bounty has more little touches and details inside.

Silent Mary is a creepy, intimidating display when done, and can be "posed" to enhance the creepiness. But Destiny's Bounty is a gorgeous classical Asian boat with wonderful flourishes on display.

Silent Mary has some cool ghost and creepy mini figs. Destiny's Bounty has ninjas.

The only thing that Destiny's Bounty has an undisputed win over Silent Mary in is price and parts selection. Destiny's Bounty has one more piece than Silent Mary, yet costs $40 less. And odds are you will be able to find Destiny's Bounty at steep discounts fairly quickly.

It should not be a shock to anyone that this set kicks all manners of ass.

Oh, well.

At least now you can finally answer the age old question of who is more awesome; ghost pirates, or high-tech ninja.

Or just go with the LEGO Movie route and say that everything is awesome.

I'm really looking forward to getting Destiny's Bounty in a couple of months though. Everything I've seen about it is incredible.

DonShula

You jumped on it at just the right time. The only way you can price match is if the item is still in stock, and you can't get a price adjustment on clearance items. $35 for Krennic's Shuttle is the lowest I've seen at any store. Someone would have bought it if you hadn't, and it never would have dropped lower. Someone will sail though and clean the place out soon enough... I've read stories in other forums of people who just buy all of it (multiples of the same set) for reselling or hoarding for aftermarket.

The only times I've gotten insane deals are when the items have gone on clearance but the store has neglected to change the shelf tags. Then no one knows the prices are lower unless they use the app or take the item to a barcode scanner.

wetwired

Alright Deutschland, I'm off to Cologne for Gamescom this month, I'll be staying in Dusseldorf though. Apart from the Cologne Lego Store, is there any other places worth checking while I'm there?

Alright Deutschland, I'm off to Cologne for Gamescom this month, I'll be staying in Dusseldorf though. Apart from the Cologne Lego Store, is there any other places worth checking while I'm there?

There's a Lindt store in Dusseldorf. If you don't have them where you live and you like chocolate, you need to visit. I just visited Belgium and they're supposed to have the best chocolate but Lindt is amazing.

papluh

Check www.brickmerge.de besides the Amazon and TRU giants it lists also different Germany centric chains.
They are going for online sales, but most vendors have same pricing in store, always needs a double check (German knowledge helps ;))
TRU www.toysrus.de - there should be branch around, sometimes stuff that is not available online can be found in shop. Currently has -20% on all LEGO purchases over 40Eur except Super deals
Galeria Kaufhof www.galeria-kaufhof.de has flat % sales from time to time, some special deals too
Drogerie Muller www.mueller.de sometimes random sets -30 or -50%. Often has non-common polybags, now Ninjago Movie incl. the mini dragon or disbey cinderella minidoll...

wetwired

There's a Lindt store in Dusseldorf. If you don't have them where you live and you like chocolate, you need to visit. I just visited Belgium and they're supposed to have the best chocolate but Lindt is amazing.

There's 3 within 50km of me but I have never been :/

They'd probably be cheaper there though I would assume

Check www.brickmerge.de besides the Amazon and TRU giants it lists also different Germany centric chains.
They are going for online sales, but most vendors have same pricing in store, always needs a double check (German knowledge helps ;))
TRU www.toysrus.de - there should be branch around, sometimes stuff that is not available online can be found in shop. Currently has -20% on all LEGO purchases over 40Eur except Super deals
Galeria Kaufhof www.galeria-kaufhof.de has flat % sales from time to time, some special deals too
Drogerie Muller www.mueller.de sometimes random sets -30 or -50%. Often has non-common polybags, now Ninjago Movie incl. the mini dragon or disbey cinderella minidoll...

Looking at the exchange rate (roughly 1.50 AUD to 1 EUR) I'd need discounts of at least 30% to be worthwhile purchasing there. I'll definitely picking up a PAB cup or any exclusive/hard to find items I see

Hold on, there's a new Millennium Falcon coming? With MORE pieces than the old one??

My god, I hope that's true. Where's the rumour about more pieces coming from?

Hold on, there's a new Millennium Falcon coming? With MORE pieces than the old one??

My god, I hope that's true. Where's the rumour about more pieces coming from?
tenor.gif

tuffy

In for Voltron for sure. I remember building Voltron-style super robots out of Lego back in the day, so this is like coming full circle.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Voltron means hopefully better joints and therefore better MoCs for other properties like fundal and patlabor. Hopefully

Ship in a bottle looks great but how will they pull off the bottle?

mclem

Looking at the lineup for the next evaluation session, rooting for Venetian Houses mostly, but like the arcade machines and perhaps the medieval watermill (although it looks a bit too roughshod for my liking, Old Fishing Store is more the style I like)

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
X-Posting from the other thread:

:'( This is the one I really wanted.

SUUUUPERRRMMAAAANNN.

Why do they just have to pick 1/2 from the selection and ditch the rest, honestly there are more quality ones for review in that set than there are in the next one.

Also where did Voltron come from? It's not on the grid.

EDIT: Gone back through the blog, it was in the previous selection but they only just announced it?

Top Bottom