• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Seriously debating taking the day off work and skipping class to be there at open on the 14th to get this. Or can go to class and get there an hour after open, but knowing my luck scalpers would have them all.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Cloud City would be nice.

I'm still expecting it to be the Falcon, and about the same size as the old one, but with an interior.

Seriously debating taking the day off work and skipping class to be there at open on the 14th to get this. Or can go to class and get there an hour after open, but knowing my luck scalpers would have them all.

@_@ This thing is coming out the 14th of this month and we don't even have a picture of it?

September 14th. And yeah, I've been saving since the first news of the price dropped. I missed the first UCS Falcon before because I was broke. I am not making that mistake again.

Edit: Partway through Destiny's Bounty. Dat toilet on the bottom deck! Nothing super special about it except using a basket for the bowl of it. Still awesome to see on a ship.

Double edit: dem sideways weapons racks below deck!

Just a thought I had people might want to keep in mind. Eventually this UCS MF set will be available on Amazon. The thing is though I have already had them ship me a couple lego sets, especially a large one, without any box with just a shipping label slapped on the set box. If they are doing that now with regular sets I can just bet they will do that with this behemoth of a box so thats probably something to keep in mind. Walmart does the same thing too.

Walmart once did it to me here (Brazil). Returned the item and requested a new one. Of course you may miss the item if it is a high demanded one and may be out of stock when you select the replacement, but I also learned a trick to avoid this no box shipping: just request the item to br gift wrappen. It only cost a buck here and will insure the item is shipped in a box, cause they cannot ship a wrapped item by itself.

Ponn

Banned
Walmart once did it to me here (Brazil). Returned the item and requested a new one. Of course you may miss the item if it is a high demanded one and may be out of stock when you select the replacement, but I also learned a trick to avoid this no box shipping: just request the item to br gift wrappen. It only cost a buck here and will insure the item is shipped in a box, cause they cannot ship a wrapped item by itself.

That's good advice. I wouldn't mind someone sending back a damaged box that would go up on AWD at a discount though :)

gsrjedi

Just a thought I had people might want to keep in mind. Eventually this UCS MF set will be available on Amazon. The thing is though I have already had them ship me a couple lego sets, especially a large one, without any box with just a shipping label slapped on the set box. If they are doing that now with regular sets I can just bet they will do that with this behemoth of a box so thats probably something to keep in mind. Walmart does the same thing too.

I'm pretty sure I've seen Amazon mention on some items that it will ship in the item's regular box and you can select an option to put it in another box.

Finished bag 5 of Destiny's Bounty. The ship is much shorter than I anticipated, but damn is it chunky. Just a lot of stuff packed into a dense, tiny space. That is not a complaint in any way. The fact that you use a normal front hull piece that normally is used for the base as a detail on the third tier of the build should tell you how chunky it is.

I should plow through the rest tomorrow after work.

valkyre

You believe the new UCS will get improvements for the underside instead of being just flat like the old one? Would love to see it have proper underside shape or is it too much to ask?

Rootbeer

Banned
I have no doubts that the new UCS Falcon will look fantastic on the outside. The real acid test for me is... will they continue to ignore the interior, as they did on the last UCS Falcon?

The recent TFA Falcon did a great job of balancing price, exterior looks and interior playability. The UCS series has to put displayability of its exterior at the forefront, but they don't have to totally ignore the innards.

Even just a small room in there that recreates some of the spaces we love from the films would be great.

millenniumfalcon-crosssection.jpg

Book review time! Sorry about the picture bombs

really not sure how they get away with this packaging for these books yet still charging only around $10 or $12.

The main book inside of all that packaging is really slim. I'm honestly probably gonna throw those other two things away.

So I honestly wasn't even sure what this book was going to be when I preordered it for the GL fig. I figured it was just going to be another picture book going over current DC Lego sets. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this page after the building instructions for the vehicle.

It even has a primer of Lego terms and going over the different bricks and pieces. Ok this is pretty interesting so far and educational.

Oh.

Oh!

OH!! This is one of those Lego Ideas books mashed up with DC theme, this is pretty darn neat. I would totally recommend this book for any parents with young kids getting into Lego. The whole educational introduction pages and then the whole ideas theme of the rest is really cool.

Ok, I think they intentionally gave Batman the joke vehicle here.

Ok so the fig, yea I like it. I mean its kinda hard to screw up a GL fig at this point. I prefer bald John Stewart but unfortunately in this case they gave him an alternate face so he's stuck with the hair.

How much you want this figure is probably going to correlate directly with how close you hold JL the series to your heart. I love Hal Jordan but I also love JL animated so i've been waiting for this fig for awhile now. Now I need a Hawk Girl bad.

The ship build was amazingly pretty damn good. The bag said 84 pieces and honestly this little ship is a better build than alot of vehicles I have gotten in bigger super hero sets.

If anyone has gotten that nova ship set from the original GoTG movie sets it reminded me alot of that but on a smaller scale. Except I love how they did those boosters on the back with wing/fin parts. You can twist those boosters to change the angles on the fins anyway you want. The play feature is you can do this

and turn it into a sub or something. Basically I just love wing pieces and fins that you can pose at different angles so that alone got me.

Overall an A+ on this book. I think my preorder price came in at $12 and it was totally absolutely worth it. Usually these books are a throwaway for me but this was actually a nice book this time that makes the whole book/fig package with a bonus awesome little vehicle build a really great value and purchase.
Great review!

If any of you have (a) the new DC Encyclopedia and (b) use BrickSet, do you know which page is for the Green Lantern that came with the book?

Rootbeer

Banned
If any of you have (a) the new DC Encyclopedia and (b) use BrickSet, do you know which page is for the Green Lantern that came with the book?

Do you mean this?

https://brickset.com/sets/ISBN0241285402-1/DC-Comics-Super-Heroes-Build-Your-Own-Adventure

It can take them a while to add that stuff. They list the product but the actual pieces and minifigs don't get added to your collection until they fill that data in.

When it comes items that come with exclusive minifigs like games or books it takes them a little longer than usual. Not sure why.

Bought the few Ninjago figures I wanted (Selfie Guy and Sushi Guy), and then found a sale where you could get four figures from older series for what they used to cost before Lego went crazy on prices. Four semi-random grabs got me Wrestling Guy, Janitor Guy, Babysitter and Fairy Girl. Also picked up Veterinary and Battle Dwarf on my vacation, so I have a ton of figures to use now.

Has there been a designer video on the new Nijagago city set releasing next month (spelling well wrong there!)

Saving up for it, looks very interesting

Haines

Banned
Grabbed tecnic bucket wheel excavator 50% off at toys rus canada

Its alternate form is a screening plant, which me and my grandfather did together for 12 years and he still does now, so it will be fun for us

mclem

Has there been a designer video on the new Nijagago city set releasing next month (spelling well wrong there!)

Saving up for it, looks very interesting

There has, I'll try to find the link.

Edit: No, wait, I'm thinking of this review:

Here is the actual review video from those guys I mentioned earlier doing the Ninjago City build. Don't click if you fear for your wallet.

Sorry, guess that's no designer video yet, unless I've missed it?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'd like it to come with a special stand that'll support it vertically so it'll fit in a bookcase or a strong shelf

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I have no doubts that the new UCS Falcon will look fantastic on the outside. The real acid test for me is... will they continue to ignore the interior, as they did on the last UCS Falcon?

The recent TFA Falcon did a great job of balancing price, exterior looks and interior playability. The UCS series has to put displayability of its exterior at the forefront, but they don't have to totally ignore the innards.

Even just a small room in there that recreates some of the spaces we love from the films would be great.

I mostly like OT SW UCS sets as display models, so for me at least, interior detail is wasted bricks and therefore cost

Servbot24

Banned
Grabbed tecnic bucket wheel excavator 50% off at toys rus canada

Its alternate form is a screening plant, which me and my grandfather did together for 12 years and he still does now, so it will be fun for us

Hmm, do they ship to US? Never tried, but it'd be worth it for 50% off.

Picked up Krennics ship for $30+ tax at wal mart, got a 10% discount cause it was a return, lol taped up sides , surprisingly every bag was sealed inside and the book was mint

Brickseek was way off for that one, said 5 had just 1

Haines

Banned
Whats the hook of the architecture line? I never see anyone talk about it and it doesnt seem that appealing.

Is it like mature calssy lego for adults or something?

Whats the hook of the architecture line? I never see anyone talk about it and it doesnt seem that appealing.

I have most of the actual architecture series from the past 3-4 years at this point.

The hook is classy adult LEGOs (like you said), the instruction manuals are pretty informative about what you're about to build (like history of the city, history of the buildings you're about to build), and I just love skylines.

I have a bunch of the non-city ones too, but that's because I have a weird addiction to collecting things, haha.

DonShula

Lego that grown folk can put in their offices.

I had to be talked out of recreating the opening scene of Episode VII on a cabinet in my office. It was the only reason I almost bought the Kylo Ren Shuttle and I needed somewhere to keep my Resistance X-Wing.

My girlfriend and I like the architecture line as nice display pieces. We also like to get the ones for places we've traveled to or plan on going in the future.

We just did a huge trip in France and Italy and it's great having sets for Venice, Trevi Fountain, Eiffel Tower, The Louve, Arc de Triumph (soon to be released). I need to get the Leaning Tower of Pisa set which is a bit expensive since it went OOP a little while ago, but since we've been there I feel like we have to get it.

The Architecture sets have gotten a lot better over the years too. They used to be very expensive for the piece counts, the builds were as basic as they come, and the looks were usually very simple/stylized versions of the buildings or locations they represented. But the last two years or so they've been better at pricing them, they look better, and the builds are a at least a bit better (or at least they include a larger variety of pieces now).

Hey guys!

Just posted my first LEGO youtube video. It's a speed build of the new Justice League Battle of Atlantis set. Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is welcome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYioRxoP9Ys&t=8s

You did pretty well!

The only thing that bothers me is there's too much movement right in front of the camera. If I was doing it, I would try to keep the main build sitting on something, and try to keep the camera focused on that instead.

But that's also just me, haha.

YourPalDavid

Neo Member
You did pretty well!

The only thing that bothers me is there's too much movement right in front of the camera. If I was doing it, I would try to keep the main build sitting on something, and try to keep the camera focused on that instead.

But that's also just me, haha.

Thanks! I'll work on ways to fix that next time :)

I'm planning on making a light box so that might help with the focus.

Got the green ninja mech dragon, it's fantastic! Probably my favorite Lego dragon ever. Better than the morro dragon imo. Just much more natural proportions and an appealing shape. Lots of clever techniques too like attaching the eyes to a handle bar piece.

(Excuse the photo quality pics)

Bii

Got the green ninja mech dragon, it's fantastic! Probably my favorite Lego dragon ever. Better than the morro dragon imo. Just much more natural proportions and an appealing shape. Lots of clever techniques too like attaching the eyes to a handle bar piece.

(Excuse the photo quality pics)

I'm tempted to pick that up since it's 20% off at Wal-Mart but my son wants the Fire Mech.... gah

Top Bottom