• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

ghostmind

5Sm9jOy.jpg

Ponn

Banned

No VIP early access for April? Those freebies are hot though, look at all those free cute animal figs for the Pet Shop. Now i'm not sure if I should wait and get Silent Mary on the 15th or April 1st for the freebies (along with a cheap friends set, (Hot Dog stand maybe?).

ruxtpin

Banned
oh come on Lego, you really expect me to believe I can catch the crooks at the Lego store? Lego City has a police presence that's greater than the United States and they still got problems. Catch one crook and two more will just take his/her place.

Ponn

Banned
oh come on Lego, you really expect me to believe I can catch the crooks at the Lego store? Lego City has a police presence that's greater than the United States and they still got problems. Catch one crook and two more will just take his/her place.

Thats why everyone is moving to Heartlake city.

wetwired

Nice. Post pics when you're done.

I was going to use an old bed sheet but my wife saw me trying to sneak it downstairs so tissue paper was an acceptable alternative.

Long story short - hid the bed-sheet better than I did.

First pass done last night. I basically drilled the pilot holes on the table top all the way through. Then screwed on the legs upside-down (so the white table top is the base of the light box and the brown exposed wood is underneath)

I need to get some cloth (hopefully today) and also figure out if I should put some framing between the legs or just drape the cloth over them and pull it tight.

Also I did the packaging survey. I suggested for more expensive sets that they make more permanent boxes that can double as storage. Something like the old early 80s sets that used to come in a tray

Awww, those Friends girls are all grown up and drinking now... guess it makes sense with the teen pregnancy set.

Must have the Beetle, so I guess I'll save some purchase until then, maybe the A-Wing.

Does the VIP mini build mean that there will be a million top hats in the PAB wall?

Darnit, that mini VW Bug looks really cool. I kinda want it now. And it's big brother but I know I will only tolerate putting the big one together once.

Ponn

Banned
I wonder when the inevitable crime outbreak will hit Heartlake City, throwing them into decades of car chases and prisons and boat chases and prisons and car chases and...

Maybe DC Superhero Girls is canon in the same universe as Friends, explaining why there is no crime and those uppity mini dolls live in the lap of luxury cruising around in yachts and going skiing all day.

Rumor has it that Dimensions is done.

My brain is expecting this with the fire sale on Dimensions stuff going on and the implosion of toys to life but my heart is crying with no more outlet for cult 80's shit.

Is there an easy fix for the surfboard on the big one?

There was a problem with the surfboard?

Not surprised. I thew away the NFC plates from all the Cybermen sets I got for cheap, and am tempted to get a lot more sets just for the figures, but have yet to actually play the game.

Of course, I don't play much of anything anymore. Having said that, I will be getting a Switch on Friday just for that Zelda goodness and Mario later this year.

Plus it has Nadakhan and most of all, it has PIRATE JAY which is exclusive to this set i believe! I really need to get him off Bricklink sometime...

My kids aren't into watching the cartoon much anymore so I haven't seen the recent season. Ninjago is an awesome theme that had some great sets. Is the show or LEGO theme ending anytime soon?

I wonder when the inevitable crime outbreak will hit Heartlake City, throwing them into decades of car chases and prisons and boat chases and prisons and car chases and...

They just siphon all of that off to Lego City

Correlation doesn't imply causation, but Heartlake City population is something like 95% female. Maybe that has something to do with how peaceful and wealthy Heartlake CIty appears to be.

I like to think there is some dark secret like in "Stepford Wives".

Hopefully not until they release another wave or two. I need more of those minifigs that won't ever be made otherwise. I need those Powerpuff Girls.

My kids aren't into watching the cartoon much anymore so I haven't seen the recent season. Ninjago is an awesome theme that had some great sets. Is the show or LEGO theme ending anytime soon?

The show still has the 7th Season "Hands of Time" ahead of itself i think (at least in my parts it does), but then with the movie coming out i wonder how it will all fit in...

Hopefully not until they release another wave or two. I need more of those minifigs that won't ever be made otherwise. I need those Powerpuff Girls.

I really hope they will at LEAST release the already confirmed stuff though? I mean, imagine NOT getting Raven and having your Teen Titans team forever be incomplete now?

Ponn

Banned
I was hoping for a third season of Dimensions just to give more hope of getting that Saturn Girl we still need to complete the trio of OG Legionnaires. That and a cool Legion of Superheroes level or story pack would have been pretty bad ass.

Whaaat!? I thought they had three years planned? Please oh please tell me they'll at least release some kind of Final Pack to conclude the story and give a minifigure for the main villain.

I also assume it being done would be AFTER the PowerPuff Girls and Beetlejuice packs, weather or not there's a conclusion?

Oh man I'm gonna be so pissed if there's no proper ending.

My brain is expecting this with the fire sale on Dimensions stuff going on and the implosion of toys to life but my heart is crying with no more outlet for cult 80's shit.
I just noticed that a bunch of Dimension packs are on sale on Amazon they even have bundles of packs available for pretty good discounts.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

Amiibo won the toy-to-life race. Color me surprised.

Lego should totally continue the little branded figure sets without dimensions please. So many, well, universes to pick from still.

Ponn

Banned
I just noticed that a bunch of Dimension packs are on sale on Amazon they even have bundles of packs available for pretty good discounts.

People need to at least take advantage of these fire sales to get some awesome figs. Some of the mini builds are neat too.

Funny this rumor came up, looking at my twitter feed Brick Show just tweeted they heard James Bond Lego Dimensions is going to happen. Hmmmm...who to believe.

"Dimensions is dead" seems like a pretty effort-free rumour to come up with since LEGO Worlds is releasing very soon. I wonder if it's just some guy making an assumption and it snowballing from there with no real truth.

Still, Dimensions has got to end sometime, hasn't it, and with Wii-U being officially outdated as of tomorrow I wonder how long they'd want to keep developing it for previous-gen systems. It might be easier just to call it a day rather than release new packs that don't work with old games, it'd be a nightmare to manage.

It'll be a shame if they don't find a way to finish off all the "sets" though. Like, it'd be so silly just having one Powerpuff Girl minifig. Maybe they should do a Dimensions series of CMFs to round it off or something.

wetwired

There's little evidence to back up that rumour but even if it were true I'd say any announced sets will still be coming, they'd have to be producing the minifigs right now for any future ones so I can't see them just not releasing them when they're made and ready to go

papluh

I'd be surprised if they cut the last wave from the promised 3 year plan. The sets already have to be quite far in design, if not even in production.
But it could make sense for the next renewal period, I guess around now would be time they should start planning this.
This will push me to finish the game as there I have a bigger backlog than sets ...

Aaand in sales section:
Technic Porsche GT3 is on -33% sale on German Amazon for 199.98 Eur.
This makes it per piece on par with regular Technic sets on catalogue price
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01CCT2ZHC/

I'd be surprised if they cut the last wave from the promised 3 year plan.
They're only in year 2 of the promised 3 year plan.

Year 2 will almost certainly be finished (Beetlejuice, Powerpuff Girls, Teen Titans) - otherwise there's stuff already in-game that will be forever inaccessible. But I could see year 3 being cancelled.

I hope it isn't, but it's unfortunately plausible.

Amiibo won the toy-to-life race. Color me surprised.

Really? I don't feel that way. Of course any Nintendo merchandise sells, there are a lot of fans and collectors, but I feel it was more like a natural market fatigue than any "winner".

Skylanders are falling year after year. I have been a collector (owned all figures) until Trap Team. The last game I enjoyed was Swap Force actually. Only played Superchargers with my son an only got a few caracters after a year from the game release. Never bother to check the newer game, neither my son. I think that is the case with a lot of people too.

Disney Infinite could still have some legs, but execs demanded an insane return, that even Skylanders wasn't pulling out anymore. Its cancellation sure rose a lot of red flags for the maket players, and could have accelerate the fatigue.

Something that Skylanders did right was the concept of waves are difficult to find caracters. While an horrible practice to consumers, it helped sales because if you want a character you better not to wait. Disney refused yo do this, and while Dimensions got waves, all previous one were easy to find.

Well, I really don't see Dimensions going on for a second game, after the 3 years plan. And I found it difficult that it can go to year 3 actually.

But Dimensions mission was acomplished: It bring me to the world of Lego sets and empty wallets.

DonShula

Dimensions getting the axe is believeable BUT this discussion was spurred by one person saying they heard a rumor. No offense to that person, but... link or something? ;)

If it is over, they got me for a good haul. Amazing minifigures though. The fact that there is no Nintendo Switch version even announced indicated to me that either the game would be undergoing an iteration, or just finished altogether. Especially considering Lego City Undercover is getting a port within a month of system launch. I don't think the portability of the Switch would prevent the release of the game on the platform, even if that meant it was docked mode only.

DonShula

So I've managed to finagle a stop at a Lego Discovery Center on an upcoming out-of-state trip. Anything I should know in advance? I'm sure the kids will have a blast but I'm really just looking forward to going to a new store :)

So I've managed to finagle a stop at a Lego Discovery Center on an upcoming out-of-state trip. Anything I should know in advance? I'm sure the kids will have a blast but I'm really just looking forward to going to a new store :)

If it's anything like in England check out the store for polybags. They aren't officially a Lego store so don't do the same offers but get the polybags and sell them.

Last time I went to one My son got a nice ninjago one, a little Cinderella mini doll vignette (got her for the Disney castle), a city one a few tears of batman all for £3 each.

ghostmind

Dimensions getting the axe is believeable BUT this discussion was spurred by one person saying they heard a rumor. No offense to that person, but... link or something? ;)

If it is over, they got me for a good haul. Amazing minifigures though. The fact that there is no Nintendo Switch version even announced indicated to me that either the game would be undergoing an iteration, or just finished altogether. Especially considering Lego City Undercover is getting a port within a month of system launch. I don't think the portability of the Switch would prevent the release of the game on the platform, even if that meant it was docked mode only.

That's not how it works, and I don't bring unfounded rumors to LEGO-GAF in the several years (!) I have been doing this. Let's just say that I have more than one source that has provided me with the same information, that after the already planned releases for this year, Dimensions is done.

Could the rumor be wrong? Sure! That is always a possibility - if I had 100% concrete proof, then I would say as much. Until then, it remains a rumor, which is how much of the information that I receive starts.

DonShula

That's not how it works, and I don't bring unfounded rumors to LEGO-GAF in the several years (!) I have been doing this. Let's just say that I have more than one source that has provided me with the same information, that after the already planned releases for this year, Dimensions is done.

Could the rumor be wrong? Sure! That is always a possibility - if I had 100% concrete proof, then I would say as much. Until then, it remains a rumor, which is how much of the information that I receive starts.

Hey, like I said, no disrespect to you or your sources if you have a history of inside info. I've just seen this rumor flying around for awhile on multiple boards with nothing to back it up to this point besides "stuff is showing up at the 99 cent store."

If it's anything like in England check out the store for polybags. They aren't officially a Lego store so don't do the same offers but get the polybags and sell them.

Last time I went to one My son got a nice ninjago one, a little Cinderella mini doll vignette (got her for the Disney castle), a city one a few tears of batman all for £3 each.

Good thought... I never seem to find any poly bags locally. Toys R Us is always out of stock and the ones people find at Walmart are never in my area either.

It's not just "one person" it's ghostmind. That means something around here.

Also, he clearly stated it was a rumor. This is the Lego OT where we discuss Lego, rumors included. Nobody's taking this as fact yet, we're all speculating what this rumor would mean if it's true. Ain't nothin wrong with that!

DonShula

It's not just "one person" it's ghostmind. That means something around here.

Also, he clearly stated it was a rumor. This is the Lego OT where we discuss Lego, rumors included. Nobody's taking this as fact yet, we're all speculating what this rumor would mean if it's true. Ain't nothin wrong with that!

Yeah I think it's pretty well addressed between his post and my reply...

ghostmind

This set looks really cool. So much MOC potential. Looking forward to it coming out.

41239-1.jpg

Minus the super-hero stickers, and with minimal MOD'ing, you could have this as a Galaxy Squad Buggoid palace.

If only CERN had shifted us into a reality where Galaxy Squad was now in its 5th year of awesomeness...

mrkgoo

Minus the super-hero stickers, and with minimal MOD'ing, you could have this as a Galaxy Squad Buggoid palace.

If only CERN had shifted us into a reality where Galaxy Squad was now in its 5th year of awesomeness...

I boUght one galaxy squad set when it was on clearance (was only just coming out of my Dark Ages at that time) and if it isn't one of my favourite sets ever. It's the one with the drop ship looking ship with two cockpits that splits into a fighter and a ground missile launcher. It's so cool.

I boUght one galaxy squad set when it was on clearance (was only just coming out of my Dark Ages at that time) and if it isn't one of my favourite sets ever. It's the one with the drop ship looking ship with two cockpits that splits into a fighter and a ground missile launcher. It's so cool.

Hive Crawler GOAT.

mRGXIWm.gif

I really need to build all those other Galaxy Squad sets i bought back then... I actually only built Hive Crawler and Swarm Interceptor, which were both great but... i need to get around to Vermin Vaporizer and that orange/white (not the mech the other one) one where i can't figure out the name right now.

Top Bottom