• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

The Vulture Wingset build is amazing ...., the whole set is a "must have" as it contains minifigs all four main characters from the movie. Can't remember when that happened before on such a low-end set

DonShula

I wonder if the new SW sets are out already at the Lego Store. Tomorrow not a good day to go so thinking about taking the kids today.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Well, it's only backordered until June 7, so I ordered it anyway. Though I suppose I could have waited until tomorrow to see what the freebie is, but eh...

papluh

Who knows at which event this was taken ... ?
September 1st 149,99€
https://imgur.com/gallery/K0KyN
0KrQudJ.jpg

iuuk

Well, it's only backordered until June 7, so I ordered it anyway. Though I suppose I could have waited until tomorrow to see what the freebie is, but eh...

Did the same thing, it won't be shipping tomorrow anyway, so I'll just cancel and re-order if there's a nice freebie (or just ask LEGO themselves if they want to add one for me, they're usually quite accommodating)

Thanks to Amazon.de's €10 coupon I've already got enough LEGO for next week anyway.

€150, blimey.

I mean, it's really pretty, but it's not exactly in impulse territory where you'd expect a set like that with no licensing to need to be.

iuuk

Holy shit. The Ideas line is on a roll. Day one, though it will be 170 or so around here
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. With most sets it doesn't really matter, because there's Amazon.de and other websites competing on price, but Idea sets are pretty much LEGO exclusive (and if not still around Dutch RRP). I also paid €10 more for the Saturn V.

The LEGO Ninjago movie being so mech-heavy is going to make it real hard to avoid buying at least a few of the movie kits.

Random question: Are the LEGO Batman minifig blind bags still being produced, or are the ones I'm seeing on the shelves just leftover from their initial run? My gf decided she really wants the Batman with the lobster and the plate, and I'm curious about my chances of finding one. I know about feeling the bags for certain pieces, but should I even try at this point? I bet the Lobster one was rather popular, so it probably went quick.

The LEGO Ninjago movie being so mech-heavy is going to make it real hard to avoid buying at least a few of the movie kits.

Random question: Are the LEGO Batman minifig blind bags still being produced, or are the ones I'm seeing on the shelves just leftover from their initial run? My gf decided she really wants the Batman with the lobster and the plate, and I'm curious about my chances of finding one. I know about feeling the bags for certain pieces, but should I even try at this point? I bet the Lobster one was rather popular, so it probably went quick.

I havent seen any recently. I actually wanted Lobster Lovin Batman too so I just ordered it off of Amazon.

Are the Ultimate Star Wars Lego sets like the Snowspeeder(75144) limited runs? I know all the older sets are no longer made like the Y-Wings but it seems Slave 1 and the Tie-Fighter have been available for a few years. Any idea of the Snowspeeder will be a limited run or no? Not sure if I want to buy it yet or wait.

papluh

Are the Ultimate Star Wars Lego sets like the Snowspeeder(75144) limited runs? I know all the older sets are no longer made like the Y-Wings but it seems Slave 1 and the Tie-Fighter have been available for a few years. Any idea of the Snowspeeder will be a limited run or no? Not sure if I want to buy it yet or wait.

Lookup Brickset, it lists the first and last date known at different regional LEGO Shops. Different sets had different availability length.
So far one of the shortest was for the B-Wing and that one was not received that well ...

BTW do you plan to wait for what ? Some sale ? I'd say 15-20% including VIP points is the max. Maybe some nice promo set.

... or join a LUG, do some events, there are perks ;)

Lookup Brickset, it lists the first and last date known at different regional LEGO Shops. Different sets had different availability length.
So far one of the shortest was for the B-Wing and that one was not received that well ...

BTW do you plan to wait for what ? Some sale ?

It's my first Lego purchase since I was a kid but I want to get the Saturn V. I saw the Snowspeeder but together it costs $500 in Australia. Too much. :( I don't know how long they normally run for though.

Geeze I got scared when I saw mention of the Saturn V being backordered already, but guess that's not for the US. It goes up here tonight, right? Haven't bought many Lego sets recently but definitely want to get this one to go along with my Space Shuttle.

papluh

It's my first Lego purchase since I was a kid but I want to get the Saturn V. I saw the Snowspeeder but together it costs $500 in Australia. Too much. :( I don't know how long they normally run for though.

You can just guess from the past, but as investing tip goes "Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance"
You never know how TLG 'thinks' and decides. But it is a corporation with lot of mass, therefore it has some momentum, so even if there would be bad sales, due to decision making and stock levels, it would take some time to pull plug on sets, rumors will circulate sooner than they will drop from market...

But let's see it like this, the Snowspeeder was released now, it would be something extraordinary if it would not survive until Christmas or even one year. This would leave you with some SW promotion in September for Force Friday (maybe double VIP points ~10% and some SW gift set), then there would be some Christmas promotion (again some sets and/or double VIP pts) and I'd guess it will survive until next May for 'may the 4th' (this year -10% plust he VIP ~-5% and R2D2 gift)

Also UCS sets are stocked by other retailers and from time to time something like -20% can happen, you just need to be quick.

Depends how long you plan to wait ... I then suggest to keep the addiction by buying some smaller sets :D

Wasn't that fishing house IDEAS set cancelled even though it got the 10k votes?

Or was there another house that was really close to that, that got cancelled instead?

Ponn

Banned
Geeze I got scared when I saw mention of the Saturn V being backordered already, but guess that's not for the US. It goes up here tonight, right? Haven't bought many Lego sets recently but definitely want to get this one to go along with my Space Shuttle.

Midnight. Be up and refreshing the page with the rest of us U.S. peeps. Complaining about the site going down and/or not updating till 1am. I wouldn't take the chance on it being there in the morning.

I'll be honest that fishing store looks better than most modular buildings. SO much detail. I was thinking about getting the detective office for my modular this year but I might get that instead.

Midnight. Be up and refreshing the page with the rest of us U.S. peeps. Complaining about the site going down and/or not updating till 1am. I wouldn't take the chance on it being there in the morning.

Midnight Eastern time or Midnight local time?

Koren

Assembly square, Old fishing store, Saturn V, Snowspeeder, Carousel, Silent Mary, Ninjago's boat... not even taking into account the Falcon, it'll be a hell of an expensive year :/

And I still consider buying a second GBHQ to lengthen it a bit (and get parts)

In some sense, it's good news that I'll have to work more hours next year :/

Top Bottom