• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

BahamutPT

Christ... The price for the Jedi Starfighter w/ Hyperdrive is just ridiculous in comparison to the Saturn V one.

€125,99 for 825 pcs
vs
€129.99 for 1969 pcs

Edit: I know the Saturn is price is way too low for what it is, but looking at both prices side by side made my jaw drop.

papluh

I know I shouldn't hope any help from NeoGAF ;)

(I'm not a huge fan of Ghostbusters, but I actually like the building for itself, and the microbuilds inside seems great...)

Actually I was thinking about merging 2 GH HQ sets and making the original FDNY building before it was halved in 1910s.
Even have the other set purchased, but somehow I can't persuade myself to bear the costs of unMISBing the 2nd one and mixing the bricks...

wetwired

Actually I was thinking about merging 2 GH HQ sets and making the original FDNY building before it was halved in 1910s.
Even have the other set purchase, but somehow I can't persuade myself to bear the costs of unMISBing the 2nd one and mixing the bricks...

I have a second, I just plan on making one big enough to fit the ecto inside, so a bit deeper and slightly wider. Just need to find the time

Woorloog

Banned
Christ... The price for the Jedi Starfighter w/ Hyperdrive is just ridiculous in comparison to the Saturn V one.

€125,99 for 825 pcs
vs
€129.99 for 1969 pcs

Edit: I know the Saturn is price is way too low for what it is, but looking at both prices side by side made my jaw drop.

139,95 € here in Finland from lego's site. For both sets.

R-User!

What's the deal with 75191? Anyone seen it in the wild? Local TRU's here list it as not available for at local stores, and not available to ship to home. Called local TRU store and they said that it shows no information about the product. Also, LEGO doesn't show it listed for preorder on their site either...

Will this set launch later than tomorrow?

Woorloog

Banned
Yikes...! I know prices are historically higher over there, but is there a reason for that?

My first guess would be taxes but i doubt they're that high. At least one local store sells most Lego sets at far closer to the RRP, and they're one of the most popular places to get legos here...
So, probably just plain old greed or something.

EDIT Whoah, wait, what. RRP for Krennic's Shuttle is 99€. The store here sells it for 80€.

What's the deal with 75191? Anyone seen it in the wild? Local TRU's here list it as not available for at local stores, and not available to ship to home. Called local TRU store and they said that it shows no information about the product. Also, LEGO doesn't show it listed for preorder on their site either...

Will this set launch later than tomorrow?

Saw several at my local TRU over the weekend. Passed it up because of it being way overpriced.

Are the Ultimate Star Wars Lego sets like the Snowspeeder(75144) limited runs? I know all the older sets are no longer made like the Y-Wings but it seems Slave 1 and the Tie-Fighter have been available for a few years. Any idea of the Snowspeeder will be a limited run or no? Not sure if I want to buy it yet or wait.
Slave 1 and Tie Fighter will both be retired this year.

The WW set? Diana, Steve, Ares gigafig and a cool plane.
No I meant the Spider-Man beware the Vulture set 76083 -- can't post s photo cos on mobile. Even the van is great.

Boogiepop

Aaaaaand I have now finished building my bricklinked, mildly adjusted for budgetary concerns Cafe Corner. So yeah, it's... interesting. If nothing else it's really clear just how far the modulars (and probably sets in general, though this was well before I hopped back onto the Lego train so I couldn't say for sure) have come. There's just a ton of little steps that don't feel anywhere near as nice and firm as they do on the more modern buildings. Plus of course the empty inside, which I'll need to plot on what to do with. It's actually kind of bizarre to me that the inside is completely and utterly barren... but then they bothered to add the little banisters at the top of each set of steps. Anyway, neat to have and shall be proudly displayed with the others, but definitely my least favorite of the modulars I own (which is most but not all at this point. And of course it's understandable that it's less "complex," because it was there at the start, to kick things off.)

Also, it's incredibly amusing seeing the suggestion at the end of the instructions being all "look what you could make if you bought 6 of these!", which would be pretty silly when it was new, but looks like absolute madness now.

Edit: Also felt odd that there's just a corner of the baseplate completely unused, with no windows or doors or anything in the least pointing outwards from there. Just a big old walled off bit in the back. Feels real odd that they did that instead of just continuing it out that little bit extra to use up the whole plate.

Does anybody have Raid Zeppelin?

11177394-3784357828282032.jpg

Why the f**k am I looking at Ninjago sets?

Because you want those sweet looking sets from the impending film?

And I pray you got Temple of Airjitzu. If not, you owe it to yourself to get it. No, you deserve it.

For some reason the minifigs intrigue me. I have the Temple. I'm actually tossing up whether to get a second to enclose the structure.

Kyari

I was lucky enough to get 31065 Park Street Townhouse for my birthday recently:

ewEXPzp.png

I continue to love everything about these smaller sized modular-style buildings. They're legitimately the highlight of my year every time they roll a new one out and I wish they did them more frequently.

Haines

Banned
That pic doesn't show the brick built poodle in the set.

31065_alt10.jpg

Omfg. I have to show the wife. (She runs her own dog grooming business)

Lego is art confirmed.

Have you guys seen that episode on Netflix about Art where a guy uses Lego to figure out designs?

I forget the name of the show

I bought my second Lego set to do with the kid someday. Island adventures was 40 percent off on amazon

I leave work around 11 central time and am worried that it may not go up before I leave and be sold out by the time I get home. If it's just backordered I could handle that, I suppose. But yeah, time for the refreshing to begin...

Because you want those sweet looking sets from the impending film?

And I pray you got Temple of Airjitzu. If not, you owe it to yourself to get it. No, you deserve it.

As someone who knows little about ninjago, is the temple worth it? I see it on Amazon and it caught my eye. It looks great.

Ugh trying to checkout with it now, got through to the review page before but realized it hadn't applied VIP points so tried to go back and apply them but then they didn't show up, now I'm trying to restart the checkout entirely and it's just not doing anything now. God this site is crap.

As someone who knows little about ninjago, is the temple worth it? I see it on Amazon and it caught my eye. It looks great.

I don't know a damn thing about the Ninjago plot or characters, nor do I care. But the Temple is so damn good. Just classic Japanese architecture brought to plastic life in my home.

Couldn't keep trying at work so had to run home. Good news: It's still in stock. Bad news: Now I can't even add it to my cart. ...Why isn't it in there already, I thought this site saved your cart between sessions.

Wait actually I can't even login.....

Rolsen

Neo Member
I have the items in my shopping cart, but can't get to checkout. Annoying... LEGO, you're a billion dollar company, get your shit together.

IronRinn

Couldn't keep trying at work so had to run home. Good news: It's still in stock. Bad news: Now I can't even add it to my cart. ...Why isn't it in there already, I thought this site saved your cart between sessions.

Wait actually I can't even login.....
My cart goes from showing nothing in my cart to having five in it with no way to alter the quantity. How can this site be so bad?

Rolsen

Neo Member
I don't understand why they don't just implement a queue system for big release days, but no, they just like to have their servers catch fire and melt down.

Rootbeer

Banned
LEGO, all the money in the world and we are still dealing with this terrible website after all these years

Anytime this happens on a product launch they need to hold an IT meeting and weed out the duds until they can come up with something solid

Rolsen

Neo Member
OMG, it just took my order. Got to the Receipt page, but no confirmation email yet. Saved the receipt page to my PC. *Crosses fingers*

Maengun1

Yeah the website is trash tier right now lol

I got a ton of error messages trying to buy the Saturn and then when I finally got to the cart page I had 4 of them lol. Thanks but I don't need that many

Got an order in though yay

Top Bottom