• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Less than 1 month to go before PSVR2 PC Adapter release... and still no info on pre-orders?

Shwing

Unless I'm missing something, I still can't find details on where to pre-order this upcoming adapter... even though release is less than 4 weeks away.
Does Sony hate VR that much that they can't even be bothered with pre-sales?
This really isn't a good look Sony!

Does anyone have any updates on this?

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
lol... not sure why you think they'd need to do pre-orders months out.

It's literally a peripheral for a peripheral...

As soon as they open pre-orders, it'll probably sell out based on what they will have produced.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
First time in my life I see someone wanting to preorder a cable. Wild

It is not some ordinary cable. It is the gateway to Half-Life: Alyx on PSVR2 that PSVR2 fans has been desperately wishing and begging for years.

Last edited:

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
I eventually got the camera adapter dohicky for my PSVR1 so I can play all the VR games on my PS5, back when I had a PS5..
I think that will be the last Sony Dongle.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
You people really like pre orders ....
194eeaa4-352d-4e3b-abf4-a48358e75a83_text.gif

Shwing

Unbelievable help from most - thanks.
To address some of the silly comments... it's not a cable, it's an adapter, that will no doubt be in limited quantity, thus forcing the hand of those that want it asap to pre-order. Also, on the PlayStation Blog is states "To start, players will need to purchase a PlayStation VR2 PC adapter, which will be available for an estimated retail price of $59.99 / €59.99 / £49.99 at select retailers and direct.playstation.com where available.". So far they have not posted anything on their Direct site or told us which select retailers.
In terms of 'asking Sony', I've contacted them twice already - no reply.
And for those that talked about a 'cable' or 'USB C adapter' - you really need to look up the subject matter prior to making silly non helpful comments.

hemo memo

Gold Member
John Sony here. Thank you for expressing your interest in my thingamajig.
We currently have no plans to do a pre-thingy for my thingamajig.

Regards, John Sony.

1 person found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes No

Top Bottom