• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumei

I used to have a certain degree of phone anxiety, to the point where I'd almost write out a little script or prompt so I'd know what to say. Not really an issue anymore. (Although I still feel too self-conscious speaking on a phone in front of my mother. I wonder if that has something to do with it all...)

I used to have this issue, and even for relatively simple stuff (though not for like 'ordering pizza').

And yes, I hate speaking on the pone in front of other people and especially my mother. It's like I could feel her evaluating my end of the conversation. @_@

Sibylus

Banned
Awesome, will I also find powerups to get instantly super buff and then turn into a bear?
The sound of Gaga will be heard in the tomb, and the stone sealing the door will crack in twain... it gets kinda mundane after that. More little grey beard hairs.

Grakl

Gay death is at 30, yeah. Not sure why.

Phone anxiety makes no sense, and I have it. I don't get any other social anxiety, lol.

Bladenic

If it's this cider

stella-cidre.gif

then count me in. God I love cider.

What's your favourtie drink gaygaf?

Jameson and Ginger or Old Fashioned.

daripad

Congratulaions beril, I'm a fan!

I still need to get Gunman Clive for my 3DS, though the game controls really well on iOS

Grizzo

I only have some anxiety when I have to make a phone call. It depends entirely on the subject. I can make some calls no problem, even if it's someplace/someone I've never called before, but other times I just panic a bit and stare at the phone or just space out.

I get so nervous whenever I have to make a phone call. I always feel so dumb. I think it has to do with the fact that I do not know what type of face the other person I'm talking to is doing. Or, I don't know, the fact that you have to talk non-stop otherwise it can get awkward really quick.

When you're talking to somebody IRL, you can always, I don't know, look elsewhere or even make some noises to unwind (yeah I guess that's even more awkward and weird, haha, but hey). On the phone I just keep talking really fast and I even get like a lump in my throat. That's really something I hate.

So today is gay death for me... am I a gay zombie now?

Happy birthday and congrats on Gunman Clive, such a good game.

fernoca

Oh, so I'm older than the hot guy that made Gunman Clive.
So, not only I died nearly 2 years ago, beril's (about to be) dead corpse just spat on my grave.

:p

EDIT:
Been playing Killer Instinct over the last hour too. Didn't played since last week, and noticed today I had the Classic Jago costume..and he looks so nice with the ripped clothes. XD

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
What's your favourtie drink gaygaf?

Alcohol, presumably? Whiskey + ginger, gin + tonic, Finn River honey meadow cider o__o

Don’t be fooled by “Honey” being the first word you see. This cider is just kissed with Olympic Peninsula honey on the finish; I find more flavor influence from the lemon balm and chamomile. It’s like the world’s greatest calming herbal tea blend, but with apples, fizz, and and some alcohol.

When I drank I liked martinis because they're like straight liquor but weirdly palatable at the same time (gin is just the best in general), I'd never drink them though because it's the 2000's.

These days I guess red wine is my favorite, because it's the only kind of alcoholic drink I'll still drink (like 3oz, for the health benefits).

I'm now the uncle of a really cute baby girl called Lize :3

And gay death is bullshit. Imo there are more hotter guys above 30 then below 30. I guess I'm into zombies.

Happy birthday beril!

mantidor

So today is gay death for me... am I a gay zombie now?

I knew the cool people have January birthdays :p mine was last weekend and was ok.

Also I thought gay death was at 25? We've been dead for quite some time heh.

Also my favorite drink is scotch, but it's awfully expensive around here which saddens me.

RM8

I'm still going to buy a WiiU, but man, what a catastrophe of a console. I love the idea of off-TV play, but giving WiiU a traditional, cheap controller in addition to NOT using the Wii brand would have been a much better idea. Plus aggressively pursuing 3rd party support right from the start, it just becomes more and more difficult the harder WiiU bombs. This is so not going to reach GameCube numbers :(

@scarlet: we might overlap during your days in Tokyo :p

@beril: happy birthday! :D

Dany

Banned
Happy Birthday :D :D Make it count ;)

It seems that today is Nintendo's hate day. Haters everywhere on gaming side.

Well duh, Nintendo did awful, terrible, and abysmal last year. It is insane. I don't hate Nintendo. They need to change what they are doing and need to do it ASAP. They can't have another year like this.

RM8

It just blows my mind when people think Nintendo should:

- Make a phone. I mean, lol. Phones are yearly devices where specs DO matter and only a couple of brands make it big. A Nintendo phone would tank so hard.
- Go 3rd party. Sega was forced into 3rd party ghetto because they were broke, Dreamcast being the last of many failures. Just because PS3 lost a ton of cash it doesn't mean Sony should have gone 3rd party, it's the same here.
- Make a new console right now. It'd be prohibitively expensive to R&D and produce a new console right now, on top of being insanely risky since there's no proof it won't tank.

This means... I don't know what Nintendo should do, lol :p

bsej87

Being a Nintendo fan right now is like trying to have an intervention with a loved one.

"Nintendo. We're worried about how you've been acting latel-" "STOP JUDGING MY LIFE I WON'T CHANGE" ;_; ;_; ;_;
-----------

And happy birthday to beril! :D

Croc

Banned
This is kinda dumb, but it's so affirming to me to find out people I aspire to be like are gay too. You'd think by my age (almost 22) that those things wouldn't make much of a difference to me anymore, but nope.

Ever since I played Gunman Clive (and loved it) and found out the guy who made it posted on GAF too, I always thought that was so cool and it made me want to start learning to program and possibly make my own games one day. And then I just stopped in this thread to see what's going on ('cause last time I was in here was the second thread I think), and see Beril posting in here!

Anyways, sorry to pick you out Beril, and happy birthday!

RM8

Having a small hardware market share while being profitable is much more desirable than going 3rd party, though. That's the issue here, WiiU is not profitable :/

RM8

Ride WiiU and minimize costs, make it profitable somehow. Go handheld-only next gen with an affordable system and lots of games. Focusing only on one platform would be much easier. Handhelds are dying? Well, WiiU is already dead :p Nintendo would be the only one making a dedicated handheld next gen, I think there's no way we'll see a Vita 2 in a traditional form.

Bailey 87

I'm not sure what Ninty can do to save the Wii U, but I'm hoping they don't go down the Microsoft route and money hat games. I'm already upset that I won't be playing Bayonetta 2 on the PS4 I couldn't handle it if they moneyhatted the next Red Dead or GTA.

I would love for them to go third party because they make great games, and it would be awesome to have them on hardware that wasn't weak sauce. I would also love it if Sony released their games on PC. TLoU at 120fps with mods would be godly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom