• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Walt Whitman banged Oscar Wilde, damn.
What a dirty old dog. :D

I would have banged Walt Whitman too if I was him!

It tasted like smoky diesel or something.

I love the way diesel smells, so I think I might like the way it tastes as well. I'mma have to try the drink you're talking about.

I'm from Wolverhampton

Are there any wolverines in wolverhampton?

Hello, everyone newbie here. (in this thread)
25 M USA land of cheesesteaks.

gay or bi or?

Does anyone do yoga at home with, like, DVDs and stuff?

If you're doing yoga from home with a DVD you should also have a good manual with diagrams of the poses and points of reference and stuff, just the video won't give you enough information about how to do the poses, you'll need some extra material, and probably a full length mirror too, to be sure you're doing them right.

I think Wii Fit U is supposed to be pretty accurate with the yoga poses from what I've read, though, that would probably make learning some of the poses simpler from home.

haha I have to agree, I'm no fan of single malt ones, I like blended much, much more.

I think my palate has matured because I can enjoy some single malt now, I even tolerate bourbon which I hated before.

I guess my taste in spirits will never mature, now. I can't really justify drinking something that strong anymore :p

no one in my town is gay :v okay well there's like a few but they're just not fun to talk to.
a lot of girls seem to be coming out as bisexual lately or something. I'm also thinking of joining track because one of my friends wouldn't shut up about it so i'm just going to give it a try.

its been pretty nice lately but i still wonder what it's like to be openly gay but then i remember i would have to tell the rest of my family and I stop thinking about it after that.

so yeah how is everyone else doing lately

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
If you're doing yoga from home with a DVD you should also have a good manual with diagrams of the poses and points of reference and stuff, just the video won't give you enough information about how to do the poses, you'll need some extra material, and probably a full length mirror too, to be sure you're doing them right.

Hm, good point. Do you have any suggestions? I have no clue what to look for.

Rayis

So Vice finished the gay thing in Russia documentary and now I feel depressed. I still think is important to see it, I'm pissed off there's nothing we can actually do but I don't feel like just leaving it behind.

linkies for watching:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

btw it's really awful vice separating their docs in 5 parts for what it seems to be only a way to get extra views, but whatever.
What I find even more depressing is the Russian commenters defending their bigotry, conflating homosexuality to western propaganda and justifying their use of violence against gay people, so disgusting.

Just got home from my friend/crush's birthday party, We went to a quiet place for drinks (though I don't drink), Later we went dancing. Not much to report, he told me that he missed me and later (although he was very drunk) he told me that he doesn't give a fuck and that's he's "messing with me" for the next 4 months (he's moving to Canada in June) and that every morning when he wakes up he wants to write me and then thinks "no you can't do it".

So I don't really know how I'm feeling. I obviously miss him too. I just hate thinking that he cares so much for me yet there's nothing more to it than that. I guess he's a weirdo.

Sai-kun

Banned
Does anyone do yoga at home with, like, DVDs and stuff?

Iyengar Yoga is the best for beginners, it's slow and emphasizes the correct postures the most. Then once you get that down you can move onto something a little more demanding like Ashtanga yoga.

I practice at home, but I've basically memorized my routine from what I do at my class at the gym. If you practice a bit at a class or at a gym in a class, you should be okay (provided that you aren't doing the poses 100% incorrectly). Once you've got a flow/rhythm down, you can seriously practice in whatever form you'd like, with whatever rhythm/routine you want. You can just take it at your own pace and speed and be fine, for real.

Casanova

no one in my town is gay :v okay well there's like a few but they're just not fun to talk to.
a lot of girls seem to be coming out as bisexual lately or something. I'm also thinking of joining track because one of my friends wouldn't shut up about it so i'm just going to give it a try.

its been pretty nice lately but i still wonder what it's like to be openly gay but then i remember i would have to tell the rest of my family and I stop thinking about it after that.

Track is for runners, you should try video games.

Kater

Banned
I would have banged Walt Whitman too if I was him!
I probably would have done it as well.
I would do many great authors and artists if I ever get my hand on a T.A.R.D.I.S. :p

BTW, I started watching Game of Thrones now.
The wolf puppies are so cute!

Dany

Banned
9TSAClpl.jpg

meow

If you're around 16 IIRC you dont have anything to worry about, more people around you probably are than you think. Happened with my high school. Plus college to look forward to.
As for doing anything before high school either part time job, volunteer, just have fun and form relationships with good people. and get good grades indeed. And fill out college applications early as possible to avoid last minute stress or missing out on possible opportunities

Get good grades.
lmao
run the school.
nah this school is really shitty
Have sex.

Learn a language.

Write an American (?) Novel.
1) No
2) I know spanish and english does that count
3) sometimes i open up a word document and begin writing really dumb shit that appeals to me
If you're around 16 IIRC you dont have anything to worry about, more people around you probably are than you think. Happened with my high school. Plus college to look forward to.
As for doing anything before high school either part time job, volunteer, just have fun and form relationships with good people. and get good grades indeed. And fill out college applications early as possible to avoid last minute stress or missing out on possible opportunities
I've been thinking of doing community service lately, but haven't done anything yet. I'm also going to learn to drive, and I have a few friends who I'm really glad I met and will always be friends with since we've known each other for years now, I'm not worried about trying to get real friends anymore. When it comes to college, I just want to go to a college in California and get out of here.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I practice at home, but I've basically memorized my routine from what I do at my class at the gym. If you practice a bit at a class or at a gym in a class, you should be okay (provided that you aren't doing the poses 100% incorrectly). Once you've got a flow/rhythm down, you can seriously practice in whatever form you'd like, with whatever rhythm/routine you want. You can just take it at your own pace and speed and be fine, for real.

Yoga sounds like a pretty chill dude

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1780191197/?tag=neogaf0e-20

is this good

You guys seen this? Tom Daley on Jonathan Ross. I wasn't a fan of Daley until I saw this, he seems so sweet and endearing.

"It was love at first sight!"

*gag*

I would do many great authors and artists if I ever get my hand on a T.A.R.D.I.S. :p

Well, I mean, that too!

Mumei

Walt Whitman banged Oscar Wilde, damn.
What a dirty old dog. :D

(I know, old news but I missed it)

Oh, yes.

"Oscar was suitably humble in the presence of Whitman, greeting him with the words, ‘I have come to you as one with whom I have been acquainted almost from the cradle.’ The contrast between the two poets could not have been more marked. Oscar was young, tall, slender and clean shaven. Whitman was in his early sixties, but looked much older. He was shorter than Oscar and wore a long, bushy white beard. Oscar was highly educated, cultivated and still in his languid Aesthetic phase. Whitman was self-taught, and robustly masculine in manner."

or,

"Hello, Daddy."

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I've been thinking of doing community service lately, but haven't done anything yet. I'm also going to learn to drive, and I have a few friends who I'm really glad I met and will always be friends with since we've known each other for years now, I'm not worried about trying to get real friends anymore. When it comes to college, I just want to go to a college in California and get out of here.
How do you plan to do that?

I would like second opinions for a situation that I have going on.
There is this guy who I used to like and his feelings were mutual we went out and had a wonderful time. He told me himself he had a great time and we kissed before parting ways.

It has been a few days since I last heard from him I knew something was up nothing gets past me. I asked him if he was still interested instead of saying flat out was he seeing someone else. He said he was and this guy is more of a "fit"

I honestly didn't see how he could come to that conclusion when we only went out once and it was great. But nonetheless I said thanks for telling me we remained cool because that's the kind of person I am. This was in November.

Fast forward to last week he ends up talking to me more than usual he sends me a good morning text. He said hope you have a great day ;).

I would think nothing of it but the wink gives me pause not to mention he said he wants to hang out. I think the guy who he said was a "fit" was not and he regrets what he did. Should I hang out with him?.

Don't overanalyze emoticons.

I am not the type that does. I am saying adding the fact how he wants to go to some diner and never really does winks make me think he wants to go out as something more than just two people on friendly terms.

I think I will ask him straight up.

Grakl

I am not the type that does. I am saying adding the fact how he wants to go to some diner and never really does winks make me think he wants to go out as something more than just two people on friendly terms.

I think I will ask him straight up.

Oh, alright. Asking people straight up is almost always good.

Mumei! You're a Mod now! :D I'm happy we have one of the gang up there. =)

Hasn't Mumei been a mod for a long time now? lol

Sai-kun

Banned
Came out to my roommate/friend last night. Seemed like pretty much a non-issue. I'm only out to 4 people though.

Congrats. 4 is still something though. Glad it went well :)

Also, I had never heard Tom Daley speak before that video Snake posted.

How was his coming out a surprise to anyone? You can tell just from his voice :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom