• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RM8

Nintendo is fried the second they lose their software exclusivity. Look at Sega and tell me that's a more desirable situation for Nintendo than simply having a small market share. People who think Nintendo makes too many Mario games, lol, Nintendo would make nothing but Mario and Pokémon as a 3rd party.

It just blows my mind when people think Nintendo should:

- Go 3rd party. Sega was forced into 3rd party ghetto because they were broke, Dreamcast being the last of many failures. Just because PS3 lost a ton of cash it doesn't mean Sony should have gone 3rd party, it's the same here.
- Make a new console right now. It'd be prohibitively expensive to R&D and produce a new console right now, on top of being insanely risky since there's no proof it won't tank.

This means... I don't know what Nintendo should do, lol :p
These two drive me the most insane, more so the second (since I'm positive Nintendo won't be going 3rd party anytime soon, so it's basically a non issue). But what sense would completely dropping support for a system make in the long run? In fact, Nintendo is still getting crap for abandoning the Wii back in 2010 and not releasing a new console until 2012. (And rightfully so)

Other than manage expectations and stay the course, Nintendo can't do too much for their current generation outside of price drops and MAYBE a Wii U re-brand, though I'm not even sure that would do much at this point.

The fact that 3DS was last year's top selling console and STILL performed beneath Nintendo's sales expectations shows how out of touch they were with the market in 2013 and really needed a much earlier reality check.

Rayis

Nintendo should fuse with Sony, srsly, Nintendo should have never refused Sony's offer back in the 90's, that was their biggest mistake as a company.

Grizzo

It just blows my mind when people think Nintendo should:

- Make a phone. I mean, lol. Phones are yearly devices where specs DO matter and only a couple of brands make it big. A Nintendo phone would tank so hard.
- Go 3rd party. Sega was forced into 3rd party ghetto because they were broke, Dreamcast being the last of many failures. Just because PS3 lost a ton of cash it doesn't mean Sony should have gone 3rd party, it's the same here.
- Make a new console right now. It'd be prohibitively expensive to R&D and produce a new console right now, on top of being insanely risky since there's no proof it won't tank.

This means... I don't know what Nintendo should do, lol :p

I don't know what they could do, I mean, beside mending their relationship with third-party developers, learning how to implement better online interactivity in your games, setting up an account system with cloud saving, releasing more games for the Virtual Console, slowing down on the tired IPs like Mario Party and releasing new games for their once awesome ones like F-Zero or StarFox, discounting the price of their games after some time just like they did with the Player's choice line back then, etc.

Well,actually, there's a lot they could do to try to salvage the damage the company has done over the years.

I've been an hardcore Nintendo fan since birth but I've lost interest around the Wii. I love my 3DS, but I don't trust them enough to buy a Wii U. They deserve everything they got coming to them. They can't go on like this forever.

RM8

Iwata rocks :p If he has to go then he has to go, but he's one of my favorite gaming personalities ever. The guy really, really loves games. I understand, Iwata!

slowing down on the tired IPs like Mario Party.
I dislike Mario Party and I'd love to see the series disappear (because it drags down the quality of Mario spin-offs IMO), but the latest Mario Party game on 3DS which got bad reviews and lacks online play sold great despite being released along with Zelda, Mario and XB1, lol.

Caladrius

Nintendo as it is now really feels like 70's era Disney to me, right after Walt's death, where there's a great deal of confusion and lack of direction as to where to go. The company is having trouble because they've been trying too hard to act as an extension of Yamauchi instead of going off in a new direction. Yamauchi served them well enough, but after the 64 and Gamecube (which were the last two consoles developed while he was in charge.) It should have been apparent that his methods weren't really working in the new console market. I have hope that they can change, but this is an absolutely critical crossroads for them and part of me can't help but fear that they may change too late.

See, this is like a woman padding her bra: there's just going to be disappointment when it comes off.

DM is right that something smaller and form-fitting would be beneficial. Microfiber/modal briefs and square-cut trunks are the ticket.
and start doing squats

Tiny shorts it is then. I wish I still had my dad's weight set, Ho-hum.

Nintendo as it is now really feels like 70's era Disney to me, right after Walt's death, where there's a great deal of confusion and lack of direction as to where to go. The company is having trouble because they've been trying too hard to act as an extension of Yamauchi instead of going off in a new direction. Yamauchi served them well enough, but after the 64 and Gamecube (which were the last two consoles developed while he was in charge.) It should have been apparent that his methods weren't really working in the new console market. I have hope that they can change, but this is an absolutely critical crossroads for them and part of me can't help but fear that they may change too late.

Tiny shorts it is then. I wish I still had my dad's weight set, Ho-hum.
just use random things at home. a jug of water or some cans or a ps3/xbox 360

Grizzo

I dislike Mario Party and I'd love to see the series disappear (because it drags down the quality of Mario spin-offs IMO), but the latest Mario Party game on 3DS which got bad reviews and lacks online play sold great despite being released along with Zelda, Mario and XB1, lol.

Really ? That's such a shame. To be honest, I would have consider buying it if there was an online mode based on mini-games (because we all know how frustrating it would be to play a board for 1h only to be interrupted by a player rage-quitting or some random "communication error"). But as it stands, it doesn't interest me in the slightest. Even so, I guess it would have been a limited online mode, with absolutely no way to chat with your opponents.

And yeah you're right, I forgot the game was panned by critics ! Well deserved, in my opinion. Mario Party was great in its few first installments. Now it just looks like the same old thing over and over again.

Bailey 87

Rekorderlig cider. The passionfruit one and the strawberry-lime one particularly!

Tried Rekorderling cider for the first time a couple of weeks ago, was so tasty.

Jameson and Ginger or Old Fashioned.

Love me Some Jameson

Alcohol, presumably? Whiskey + ginger, gin + tonic, Finn River honey meadow cider o__o

Never tried Whiskey with gin before. Whiskey is my favourite spirit, I might have to try it with gin this weekend

You're so incredibly pale. Or is it the lighting :x

I had baileys on the rocks and whiskey straight tonight.

mmmmm Baileys god tier drink.

Fruity ciders, sweet and fruity wines (had some excellent blueberry wine the other night), hard eggnog. Can't hold all this flavour.

Had some red wine last night, I've become a really big fan of red wine lately.

Bless you guys and your flawless tastes in alcohol

I take you don't like Scotch then, so your tastes are not flawless :p

edit: I meant Baley!

I tried a single malt once, and apparently a pretty expensive one when I was twenty (I know, pearls before swine and all that) and it was like the worst thing that ever entered or left my mouth. It tasted like smoky diesel or something.

mantidor

I tried a single malt once, and apparently a pretty expensive one when I was twenty (I know, pearls before swine and all that) and it was like the worst thing that ever entered or left my mouth. It tasted like smoky diesel or something.

haha I have to agree, I'm no fan of single malt ones, I like blended much, much more.

I think my palate has matured because I can enjoy some single malt now, I even tolerate bourbon which I hated before.

Bailey 87

wait what

no no no, oh god no, those are three different drinks. Whiskey ginger / gin & tonic / cider

oh man oh wow

Oh wow just been outed as a drinking newb. Lets be honest you're tempted to try whiskey and gin now :p

I take you don't like Scotch then, so your tastes are not flawless :p

edit: I meant Baley!

Scotch is awesome. I can only drink it if it's mixed with coke though. So my flawless taste is redeemed :)

I've been putting baileys in my coffee all week as I'm out of milk.
not in a hurry to buy milk again

I had an Irish coffee over christmas (coffee + whiskey) and I enjoyed it
shame that coffee on its own is nasty

RM8

Seeing these countries somehow go back in time in terms of humans rights like this makes me appreciate Mexico a bit more.

My crush's birthday is tomorrow but he's celebrating it tonight. As you might remember he told me a couple of weeks ago that he wanted me to be there. I found out he'll be hanging out at his pool somewhere and then he's going out. I'm not sure if I'm going to the pool thing (I'm not really ashamed of my body but I'm not sure if I want him/his friends to see it). Maybe I'll hang out and not get in the pool.

I DON'T KNOW!!!!!

I'll probably call him when I leave the office and see what happens. If he really wants me there I'll go, otherwise I think I'll join him at the club.

EDIT: Also there's a chance another old crush will be there, who told me a couple of weeks ago he wanted to
fuck
see me before he/I leave the country (he plans to study in Europe in a couple of months or something like that). I'm not sure if he and his boyfriend are still together though.

EDIT 2: CRISIS AVERTED!!!! Called him and he didn't mention the pool thing :)

Crayons

Banned
Things to NOT say to me on a public, crowded bus:

Do you want to shave me?
Do you shave down there? I don't.
Bearer? Like, the ring bearer at our wedding?
You look like a college frat guy. I can picture you in a toga.

Just bought a tshirt from Teefury with this design on it...

1389122987_b-MCO-swords.png

I'm feeding my obsession with FFVIII

What's the best way to drink Bailey's Irish Cream now that it's brought up? I had a bottle over the Christmas period but found it far too sweet for my taste, as if I was drinking milky caramel (probably a bad comparison). I hadn't mixed it with anything, and had it cold, while it was also my first time trying it so I'm unsure if there is an optimal way to drink it or if it simply isn't to my taste. I do very much like red wine however.

Seeing these countries somehow go back in time in terms of humans rights like this makes me appreciate Mexico a bit more.

I agree. Not so much about "appreciating Mexico" (as I've never been and am unaware about the situation there) but it is odd to see some countries appear to regress (such as Uganda and Russia). This seems to be a small minority (admittedly I'm not well on the subject, but I am under the impression that the number of areas changing positively outweighs the number of areas changing negatively) however, so hopefully it's only a momentary setback and as elsewhere becomes more accepting/reasonable, they too will change their tone.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Cut it with milk, vodka, coffee, or some combination of all 3.

btkadams

bailey's is really nice in things like coffee and hot chocolate. there are some cool shots you can make with it though.

i recently used it to make zombie cocktails for my friends. they tasted great, but the bailey's curdles as it enters the shotglass. when you take the shot, the bailey's part slides out of the glass and down your throat like an oddly shaped bunch of gelatin, separate from the other liquids.. the feeling is just as gross as it sounds. it tasted great, but i can't recommend them with the gross way they feel.

nIJYhgp.jpg

mantidor

Before reading your zombie description I thought it was some sort of "forest" cocktail, it looks like little trees and everything.

RM8

Guys, Putin politely asking gay athletes to leave kids alone while in Russia. I mean. Lol. Is this real life?

Caladrius

Guys, Putin politely asking gay athletes to leave kids alone while in Russia. I mean. Lol. Is this real life?

I've always been under the impression that Putin gives zero actual shits about what he's saying and just does whatever he will to keep power.

mantidor

So Vice finished the gay thing in Russia documentary and now I feel depressed. I still think is important to see it, I'm pissed off there's nothing we can actually do but I don't feel like just leaving it behind.

linkies for watching:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

btw it's really awful vice separating their docs in 5 parts for what it seems to be only a way to get extra views, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom