• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just needed to share this wih someone since i'm trying to avoid the subject with my friends IRL since i'm still not in touch with the reality of things and talking with them about is probably gonna make me panic

Turns out that my mom after a breast echography test has been called at the clinic again for a second check since they spotted a black spot on some of the scans

I'm trying to stay as positive as i can when i'm with her saying that it's probably nothing and it's only a routine check and she shouldn't expect the worst

But yeah, i've never been so scared in my entire life, results should be available in about two weeks more or less...

Aww, I hope everything turns out alright.

I'm unsure. Whenever the topic of homosexuality would crop up in conversation he wouldn't say anything. He doesn't frequently say gay slurs, nor have I actually heard him say anything derogatory toward gay people.

He's a good friend. We've known each other since sophomore year, had the other's back, and we're self-proclaimed best friends. I want to be honest with him, being my friend and all, but I still feel wary.

Regardless, thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

Thanks for the advice, peeps. You gave some great advice, The One Who Knocks, and I greatly appreciate it. I'm thinking I won't tell anyone, not for awhile. Although there is a LGBT group on campus, and I'm interested in potentially joining. Maybe I'll stay vague and just say I'm an ally, but maybe I could trust them. Maybe not. Christ, never thought I'd find myself in this position.

He doesn't sound homophobic, maybe just straight up ask him what he thinks of same sex marriage. And you can probably trust the LGBT group, that's why it exists, for support.

Wish me luck gaygaf, about to go to the interview

Good luck!

I've always found it weird how gamers want games to be taken seriously as a medium, but want dislike it when you discuss any of the implicit political/social commentary that underlies a game. Well, really they only care when that is used as a basis for criticizing the game. Everyone seemed to be fine with talking about Bioshock and praising it for having the courage to tackle "deep" issues like "racism is bad" and "political extremism is bad."

The ''I don't want it to be forced/there needs to be a good reason for a character to be gay/bi'' argument is so fucking daft, every straight white characters is forced as fuck due to companies wanting to attract as many customers as possible.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
is this dota shade?

Well, he's still not as hot as Joakim Akterhall, but Akke is a god made flesh so the comparison is a bit unfair.

f4c81af3c201e35693acfbf52485ea42_400x400.png

Kangi

You also forgot David Hyde Pierce played Niles on Frasier for 11 years and that character was straight (I've been watching a lot of Frasier recently). Along with Bulldog. Forgot his actors name though.

Dan Butler. Also played the teacher on Hey Arnold, who was gay.

Also: John Mahoney (Martin) and Edward Hibbert (Gil) were known to be gay, but I'm unsure as to if either were out. Though Edward doesn't count since Gil was gay. Pretty sure Kelsey (Frasier) and Moose (Eddie) were the only male main cast members who were straight, and you can't be too sure about Moose.

Ties

Banned
everyone in this thread constantly going in on me for being jovial

fume

smile.gif

h4nn1 is okay. he does nothing for me but a friend of mine uses him. we have an in-joke that fnatic probably tops everyone after tournaments are over.

Caladrius

For every person that actually cares about fully legitimizing gaming as a storytelling medium there's about 6 that say they do because they want to make themselves look more respectable without actually engaging themselves in intelligent pursuits.

EDIT: The fuck, did all 3 of us post at the same time?

Dan Butler. Also played the teacher on Hey Arnold, who was gay.

Also: John Mahoney (Martin) and Edward Hibbert (Gil) were known to be gay, but I'm unsure as to if either were out. Though Edward doesn't count since Gil was gay. Pretty sure Kelsey (Frasier) and Moose (Eddie) were the only male main cast members who were straight, and you can't be too sure about Moose.

Pfft. Shows how much you know about your Frasier lore. Gil was only hinted at being gay. It was a running joke.

There was also all the straight actors playing gay characters on the show. Patrick Stewart, The gay studio manager from season 2 etc.

Kangi

Moose (Eddie) had a son Enzio who took over the role of Eddie after Moose got to old so he must have been straight enough to breed.

Check and Mate.

Never said he was gay, said it wasn't a sure thing that he was straight. Could've been bisexual, as animals are wont to be. Having children wouldn't stop him from humping a few men's legs, now would it?

Sai-kun

Banned
that just makes you a weeaboo and i think those come in lower on the ladder of life than people fighting in stan wars

I'm bathing in SPF 50 sun lotion yet I'm still getting burnt �� I'm too Northern for this

:( ugh i can't imagine this. that really sucks. nice avatar btwwww

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom