• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grakl

Not knowing any of the ingredients you have to work with makes this a hard question to answer.

uh

spices/herbs I'm set, any meat I can go buy but right now I have some ground beef in freezer as well as chicken thighs

low on vegetables, would just go buy those

(anything I don't have I would just walk to the store and buy, so it's nbd)

uh

spices/herbs I'm set, any meat I can go buy but right now I have some ground beef in freezer as well as chicken thighs

low on vegetables, would just go buy those

(anything I don't have I would just walk to the store and buy, so it's nbd)

Make pizza. Homemade pizza.

oh, you can just use aluminum foil? huh

It depends on if you're working with like soft dough or not. If you are then it will either slip through the oven rack and make a terrible mess, or it will stick too much to the aluminium foil and not allow good air/heat transfer, etc.

I bet you turn doorknobs with Kleenexes and listen to Bob Marley too!

No I use a hankerchief, and I only listen to Caribbean/necromancy themed psychedelic rock.

oh, you can just use aluminum foil? huh

thought you were just going to use a premade dough you find at like walmart's pasta aisle lol. or parchment paper. works for everything these days.
i have a 10" spring form cake pan and i use the bottom for everything lol.

Grakl

thought you were just going to use a premade dough you find at like walmart's pasta aisle lol. or parchment paper. works for everything these days.
i have a 10" spring form cake pan and i use the bottom for everything lol.

aight, this is what I'm doing then

HylianTom

Banned
ButterCrunch_box.jpg

An evil, eeeeevil flavor. Delectable.

fritolay

This thread title - Isn't calling someone the Q word like calling someone the N word? Double standards depending on who says it, it seems to me.

Sai-kun

Banned
This thread title - Isn't calling someone the Q word like calling someone the N word? Double standards depending on who says it, it seems to me.

yep. non-queer people don't get to decide when it's okay to use it :) only queer folks can decide.

I pretty much only use the word when talking about queer issues and stuff like that (I'd never use it as an adjective).

It is a double standard. But context is important. Its being used as a term of empowerment so its not a battle I would try to fight.

The word was reclaimed by LGBT people a long time ago; it's no where near as offensive as the F word or even something like "homo" nowadays.
I generally only hear the word "queer" used as an insult in old movies.
:p

May or may not stay here, but I could see myself ending up somewhere rainy (Pacific Northwest, Vancouver or Seattle prolly) or somewhere I could work on my French (ie Montreal, New Orleans).

I'd want to live in Hong Kong really badly if it weren't for those reasons to not want to live there :p I was in French Immersion from K-8 and I hated it. French is a really love-hate thing for me, I enjoy the aesthetics and nostalgia factor, but the grammar is my nightmare.

Washington would be really cool, too. But if we're talking Canadian cities I'd probably rather live in Toronto.

RM8

Is grammar that bad? Lately I was being stupid and deciding to learn a 4th language despite my second one having weak points and my third one being toddler-level, and I wanted to try a bit of either French or Romanian (because I want to learn another Romance language for a change, lol) - Reddit told me French grammar wasn't that bad, but maybe it's just in comparison with Romanian. Regardless, I decided against it, I must first master the other two.

La pomme est rouge, though.

Sibylus

Banned
B-b-bu What about Atlanta GAF?
*cries*
It belongs to the dead.

On a slight TWD kick.

I'd want to live in Hong Kong really badly if it weren't for those reasons to not want to live there :p I was in French Immersion from K-8 and I hated it. French is a really love-hate thing for me, I enjoy the aesthetics and nostalgia factor, but the grammar is my nightmare.

Washington would be really cool, too. But if we're talking Canadian cities I'd probably rather live in Toronto.
Toronto's okay. You couldn't pay me to live in Winterpeg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom