• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grakl

Random question (brought upon by the recent "how much should I spent on an engagement ring" thread): How does this sort of thing work with two guys? I wouldn't want a diamond ring, and I don't imagine many guys would.

Is this basically like the pregnancy situation where gay guys get the better route (not spending tons on a diamond ring in this case), or are you still supposed to buy an expensive engagement ring?

There's really no marketing towards gay guys on how much they should spend on rings. Just ask your boyfriend.

Grizzo

6 days is crazy, we are going to have to exchange more postcards. Feeling better today, I hope?

yeah, let's send each other holiday cards too!

I'm a little bit better because I slept a lot. My throat is still aching but it's alright, thanks for asking!

okay so I didn't know Calvin Harris got so ripped.

We've come a long way from what he looked like in 2007:

calvinharriswall.jpg

HylianTom

Banned
Random question (brought upon by the recent "how much should I spent on an engagement ring" thread): How does this sort of thing work with two guys? I wouldn't want a diamond ring, and I don't imagine many guys would.

Is this basically like the pregnancy situation where gay guys get the better route (not spending tons on a diamond ring in this case), or are you still supposed to buy an expensive engagement ring?

I don't know how others do it, but Greg and I just sat down and talked about what we wanted. We're pretty pragmatic (read: cheap) on stuff like this, so we agreed on something nice but not too outrageously expensive (we'd rather ring/wedding/vacation money go towards the house we're building). The "engagement rings" we've worn for years are sub-$100, and they've done just fine..

This is one issue where each couple will do it in their own way. Kinda nice - you get to make the process your own, instead of feeling bound by tradition.

Kater

Banned
Yep, it was Grizzo! He drew a Grizzo on it and everything.
I knew it. :D

That's very sweet of him.

I wish I still had my penpals in Germany, Italy and Sweden but they decided all around 2003 - 2004 that they need a mobile phone and then there was suddenly no contact at all anymore. -.-

There's something that makes him unnatractive but I don't know what it is... maybe it's the hair? lol
He looks way better with shorter hair. He looks very sexy in the Judas music video. :3
tumblr_m28q2xItkV1r6zkm3o1_400.gif

Good morning my friends!! <3 I missed you guys in the hours that I was sleeping and having soup broth in an attempt to feel better X_X! How's everyone doing?! <33!!

Hi sweetie, hope you get better with some more soup and maybe some medicine if there is need for some. p(*&#65342;-&#65342;*)q
Who's coming on my boat? Drinks for all.

Are you rafting? I'm so jealous right now! Wish that not everybody would be on vacation outside the country or else I would go swimming right now. (I won't go alone, swimming alone is boring...)

maxcriden

yeah, let's send each other holiday cards too!

I'm a little bit better because I slept a lot. My throat is still aching but it's alright, thanks for asking!

Sure thing, and let's do that for sure!

I knew it. :D

That's very sweet of him.

I wish I still had my penpals in Germany, Italy and Sweden but they decided all around 2003 - 2004 that they need a mobile phone and then there was suddenly no contact at all anymore. -.-

Yep, he's my bro from another mo'.

--

BTW, question for gay GAF from straight GAF, have you watched The Carrie Diaries? My wife and I watched it and I thought the depiction of a gay teen in the 80's and NYC for that time period seemed pretty realistic.

Good morning my friends!! <3 I missed you guys in the hours that I was sleeping and having soup broth in an attempt to feel better X_X! How's everyone doing?! <33!!

Coincidentally, I have a head cold and a very sore throat.

Although in any case, I went to view GotG for the first time. And, my God. I seriously wasn't expecting it to be as good as it is. My favourite superhero movie next to Superman 2.

So, I pose a question, folks... Chris Pratt or Chris Evans? Who makes you thirstier~?

Grakl

Although in any case, I went to view GotG for the first time. And, my God. I seriously wasn't expecting it to be as good as it is. My favourite superhero movie next to Superman 2.

So, I pose a question, folks... Chris Pratt or Chris Evans? Who makes you thirstier~?
Rocket Raccoon, duh.

Kater

Banned

Why is GotG already out in Ireland. NOT fair. :'(
We still have to wait for the 27th in most of mainland Europe...
Same. He looks like some random country guy. IDK.
Thanks for editing your original post. Haven't got anything against you not really finding him attractive, by the way. Was just playing along. ;) :)

Yep, he's my bro from another mo'.

--

BTW, question for gay GAF from straight GAF, have you watched The Carrie Diaries? My wife and I watched it and I thought the depiction of a gay teen in the 80's and NYC for that time period seemed pretty realistic.
Here's an idea for a new thread. PenPals Community! Whaddya think?

And I haven't seen that movie yet.Sounds interesting though. Will put it on my Movies-to-watch list. :)

Pratt's funnier and more charming.
So him.

Speaking of he did the ice bucket challenge yesterday.
http://youtu.be/B_iCIg2oCCs
So hot. :)

maxcriden

Here's an idea for a new thread. PenPals Community! Whaddya think?

And I haven't seen that movie yet.Sounds interesting though. Will put it on my Movies-to-watch list. :)

Oh! It's not a movie. It's a TV show that ran on the CW for two series, about Carrie Bradshaw prior to Sex and the City. It's really good, too.

The-Carrie-Diaries-logo-320x180.jpg

carrie-diaries-prom.jpg

Walt in the middle there is the character I was referring to. :)

Kater

Banned
Oh! It's not a movie. It's a TV show that ran on the CW for two series, about Carrie Bradshaw prior to Sex and the City. It's really good, too.

The-Carrie-Diaries-logo-320x180.jpg

carrie-diaries-prom.jpg

Walt in the middle there is the character I was referring to. :)

Just read that it is a prequel to Sex and the City on wikipedia. Is that correct? :eek:

I may watch it for the gay guy, if nothing else.

-If you've got encounter plus (award for synthesizing 15 unique items), Traverse Town hotel accessible through the 2nd district. is the best place in the game to power-level.
-Aside from backtracking for treasure, synthesis ingredients and trinity marks there actually isn't that much new content on the Disney worlds. There are two additional bosses in Agrabah and Neverland though.
Talk to Aladdin's carpet and Tinkerbell respectively and they'll take you to them
- The game's ultimate boss (alongside Sephiroth) is at the chapel in Hollow Bastion where you fought Maleficent. I didn't bother spoiler-tagging the location of this because there's absolutely no indication that this even exists on the first playthrough. (The boss is unlocked by clearing the game. This is true for most of 2's extra bosses (except Sephiroth and the Absent Silhouettes/whatever the spooge the localization calls them.)
- Ice Titan's attacks are indeed affected by elemental resistances.
- Since you chose staff you don't get Second Chance (survive attacks as long as you're over 1 HP) until level 90. Unless you feel like challenging yourself I wouldn't bother doing Sephiroth or The Unknown until then.

Ok so back to this checklist; I finished off the boss in Agrabah at about level 62 and Phantom at roughly 65/66 (I can't remember, but I went for him immediately after Agrabah and found him the easier of the two); I went to the Jedi boss (I know he's not a Jedi, but his sword looks like a lightsaber so whatever) in Hollow Bastion after but couldn't get more than half a life bar down after many attempts so gave up. I then went farming for synthesis material and then the item list expanded to 24, and I have either 20 or 21 of these made which brought me up considerably (to about 71 I'd say). I then finished the Pegasus Cup completely, the Hercules Cup completely, the Ice Titan, and I'm working on the Jedi in Hollow Bastion once again at level 73. My STR is 49 (I think I've the Divine Rose equipped and some items) and DEF is 39, with 45 AP. I was going to go do the rest of the synthesis items as you advised but when the list expanded to 24 (and I assume there's even more after) my motivation to travel to every world and repeatedly farm the same enemies over and over again for hours for items started to die down, so I might not bother with the item synthesis aspect (which, in turn, makes it unlikely that I'll wait until level 90 to fight Jedi or Sephiroth as it seems more enjoyable to die repeatedly in a challenging fight than mash a, exit the area, go two areas away, and then return).

Overall I think the game became much more enjoyable between Level 40 and Level 65 as, between those levels, the standard enemies still were a challenge (while not being too difficult) but you had access to a variety of abilities to make the combat more interesting. Probably harping on, but it's a shame they couldn't add a New Game Plus feature to the game where all of the enemies gained a strength increase.

Evans because I'm not particularly interested in Pratt appearance-wise (or at least, not in comparison to Evans); Pratt does seem to be much more appealing personality-wise though (based on the very little I've seen of both).

Kater

Banned
To answer your question, Masquerader, about who I'd choose: Chris Evans or Chris Pratt.

My answer is...

chris-evans-gif-3.gif

Blond-ish hair always wins. Not fair.

Pratt is still cute though. (&#9679;&#9825;&#8704;&#9825;)

Hi sweetie, hope you get better with some more soup and maybe some medicine if there is need for some. p(*&#65342;-&#65342;*)q

I just started my antibiotics and inhaler today ;___; Turns out that I have a throat and respiratory infection. Waaaaaaaaaah I hate taking antibiotics ;___;. But I'm going out of town in like two days so it would be nice to kick this bug once and for all before I leave LOL!

Kater

Banned
I just started my antibiotics and inhaler today ;___; Turns out that I have a throat and respiratory infection. Waaaaaaaaaah I hate taking antibiotics ;___;. But I'm going out of town in like two days so it would be nice to kick this bug once and for all before I leave LOL!

That does sound like a terrible predicament to be in as a singer. I hope you can get well in time for the trip outside of town! :)

Grizzo

Drink a lot of water, seize every opportunity you got to get some sleep and most of all, don't talk or sing that much (I know how that can be frustrating when you're used to doing it every time of the day, I love singing too and it drives me mad when my throat is aching!).

Hope you get better pretty soon!

That does sound like a terrible predicament to be in as a singer. I hope you can get well in time for the trip outside of town! :)
Aww thank you!! :') I hope so too! I feel like the trip out of town will actually also help a lot! :3

Drink a lot of water, seize every opportunity you got to get some sleep and most of all, don't talk or sing that much (I know how that can be frustrating when you're used to doing it every time of the day, I love singing too and it drives me mad when my throat is aching!).

Hope you get better pretty soon!

The not singing part is definitely something I'm struggling with! ;__; I sang a half-hour gig last night! LOLL! Wah music is so addicting ;___;. I promise I'll try my best though!

I feel so lucky to have you guys as friends wahh <3 thanks for the advice and everything!!

Kater

Banned
Yes, it is. Re-read my post, haha. It's a prequel. I also liked it a heck of a lot better than SatC.
I was already drunk when I read through your post. Blame the wine. :p

SatC was kind of okay, some actors horrbile acting and some of the writint really ruined it though.
It's better than SatC? Totally in.

Aww thank you!! :') I hope so too! I feel like the trip out of town will actually also help a lot! :3

The not singing part is definitely something I'm struggling with! ;__; I sang a half-hour gig last night! LOLL! Wah music is so addicting ;___;. I promise I'll try my best though!

I feel so lucky to have you guys as friends wahh <3 thanks for the advice and everything!!
You are welcome, BB-kun. <3

Caladrius

Answering these questions makes me miss the SMT4 Official thread. There's still 2.5 HD for me to lecture people on!

Also, penises.

Ok so back to this checklist; I finished off the boss in Agrabah at about level 62 and Phantom at roughly 65/66 (I can't remember, but I went for him immediately after Agrabah and found him the easier of the two); I went to the Jedi boss (I know he's not a Jedi, but his sword looks like a lightsaber so whatever) in Hollow Bastion after but couldn't get more than half a life bar down after many attempts so gave up. I then went farming for synthesis material and then the item list expanded to 24, and I have either 20 or 21 of these made which brought me up considerably (to about 71 I'd say). I then finished the Pegasus Cup completely, the Hercules Cup completely, the Ice Titan, and I'm working on the Jedi in Hollow Bastion once again at level 73. My STR is 49 (I think I've the Divine Rose equipped and some items) and DEF is 39, with 45 AP. I was going to go do the rest of the synthesis items as you advised but when the list expanded to 24 (and I assume there's even more after) my motivation to travel to every world and repeatedly farm the same enemies over and over again for hours for items started to die down, so I might not bother with the item synthesis aspect (which, in turn, makes it unlikely that I'll wait until level 90 to fight Jedi or Sephiroth as it seems more enjoyable to die repeatedly in a challenging fight than mash a, exit the area, go two areas away, and then return).

Overall I think the game became much more enjoyable between Level 40 and Level 65 as, between those levels, the standard enemies still were a challenge (while not being too difficult) but you had access to a variety of abilities to make the combat more interesting. Probably harping on, but it's a shame they couldn't add a New Game Plus feature to the game where all of the enemies gained a strength increase.

There's no need to synthesize everything unless you're dying for the platinum.

As painful as synthesis in Final Mix can be, you should at least try to get to tier V.(You're at tier IV right now If I'm not mistaken.) That gives you the ability to make the absolute best accessories in the game, including a 30% EXP booster(The EXP Bracelet) which can be combined with other boosting items to a max of 90%, dramatically increasing the speed of level grinding (unless you went with the "Dawn" options at the start of the game, in which case you dun goofed big time).

You should have two EXP boosting accessories already that will give you a combined 70% bonus, so it's not really necessary to 3 bracelets if you don't want to.(Of course, going to the trouble of getting the ingredients for 3 will probably get you up a few more levels, and 20% adds up over time.) If you use the EXP boosters in combination with encounter plus grinding will be expedited greatly. (I went from 80 to 100 in a day or so in Traverse Town Hotel with the "Dusk" experience curve.)

The Unknown is a pain in large part due to the lack of chances to actually hit him without punishment (well that, and the fight is very long by KH standards, clocking in at about 9 minutes.. and he has a bullshit attack later on.). I've PMed you the advice in case you wanted to use it (And you shouldn't be ashamed to, because the fight requires you to know some rather arcane things if you want to beat him at a low level.) If you can beat him, Sephiroth is going to be quite manageable in comparison.

I made the mistake of trying to get the Ultimate Keyblade synthed in 1.5 HD and got bored of farming some of those enemies and leveling up. So I switched games thinking I'd go back and finish, but I never did beat KH1 (I mean, in the remaster; I've obviously beaten the original several times before).

Bladenic

I need to take Taylord's Gospel to heart and Shake It Off, and by it I mean my bf who I think really needs to get dropped but yet i cant ugh

love sucks

mantidor

I have a particular beef with this idea that they're "just recently making her sexy". Nope, she debuted in a game where you can play as her wearing a skimpy outfit and you're rewarded with a pic of her wearing a bikini. That was 28 years ago.

Well thanks for the heads up! I was prepared to be outraged but is from zero mission and fusion, the last games with a decent suitless Samus, too bad they still kept the freaking horrible hair. I want green hair, purple leotard Samus now.

I do disagree she was just as sexualized before, we are talking about a whole lot of 12 pixels of bikini, it was probably the only way to show you were looking at a woman, helmet-less Samus in the first Metroid was likely confused for a guy with an afro. You don't really need more proof about her current sexualization than the fact she has heels now.

Kinsei

Banned
Guys, what's your take on the "outrage" generated by Samus' just revealed costumes? I really can't side with the people finding it shocking or unacceptable when Samus has been able to wear skimpy outfits from day one, back in the original NES game. Plus it's basically an aerobics instructor outfit, I'm really not seeing the huge deal here. I actually feel her original Zero suit is more "sexual" somehow.

Edit: fuq autocorrect.

They are the worst parts of the original games, but I can't say I'm shocked they're in. The Zero Suit is definitely worse (I really wish ZSS wasn't in the game).

Caladrius

They are the worst parts of the original games, but I can't say I'm shocked they're in. The Zero Suit is definitely worse (I really wish ZSS wasn't in the game).

I can already think of a better Metroid rep.

Dark Samus

or Anthony Higgs

or some purple space dragon whose name escapes me.

I made the mistake of trying to get the Ultimate Keyblade synthed in 1.5 HD and got bored of farming some of those enemies and leveling up. So I switched games thinking I'd go back and finish, but I never did beat KH1 (I mean, in the remaster; I've obviously beaten the original several times before).

I haven't gotten Ultima weapon either myself.

They thankfully learned their lesson for Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix and made the additions fairly painless. Most of the new synthesis materials are fairly easy to farm. The remembrance items in the cavern of remembrance are the only ones that are actually annoying to get, and that's mainly because the enemies that drop the high-tier ingredients are extremely strong. After you synthesize a couple of lucky rings, synthesis is super-easy, since you can use the lucky rings to get the ingredients to make more lucky rings faster, and you can stack the lucky lucky bonuses until you hit 800% of the base drop rate.(Compared to about 210% in the original).

The only real bummers are the removal of the Pride Lands exploit, the need to collect all the puzzle pieces to get the lucky ring recipe and that Limit form is annoying to level up. Thank god you can exit Timeless River to reset the drive gauge.

Kater

Banned

Yep, I agree with you on that. It's basically the Lana (read: fanservice) of Smash Bros.

Just unnecessary .

This should have been DLC content, if anything.

Sibylus

Banned
Yeah it's fun. Well actually the thing is I like people and I seem blessed by some kind of unnatural luck in terms of (not) encountering, or deflecting, assholes, I could probably almost enjoy it if it weren't so mindless. Like, the bad kind of mindless.

Don't become an alcoholic.
Yeah, actively looking to avoid that outcome. Helps that my medication helps dampen the cravings during really shitty moments.

Wait, are you a Buddhistic monk? Or is there another reason for you living (kinda) celibate?

Your experiences with LSD when you were sleep deprived sound pretty close to how I was like when I smoked some pot in June.

Oh, so basically a laborer job. I worked something like that for a month once but in a super market. Was too much for me for not enough money.

But yeah, the Pros obviously outweigh the Cons in your case. Free alcohol, yay! :D
Free alcohol! I now have a petite wine collection. Two reds, one merlot, one meritage.

Ty4on

Yeah it's fun. Well actually the thing is I like people and I seem blessed by some kind of unnatural luck in terms of (not) encountering, or deflecting, assholes, I could probably almost enjoy it if it weren't so mindless. Like, the bad kind of mindless.
I've had the same. Sure sometimes you meet an asshole, but most people are surprisingly nice.
Mine has some variation though and when I drive I can listen to a podcast which helps :p
Yep, I agree with you on that. It's basically the Lana (read: fanservice) of Smash Bros.

Just unnecessary .

That is my impression as well. It's not horrible it just feels like the least interesting part about Samus.
That's just horrible :(
I know getting sick is bad enough from family members, but then also getting hit with a bill that huge. Best of luck and I'll try to donate.

Not to mention.

Rundas

Sylux

Hell, even Ghor

Order of Metroid newcomer priority for me:

Anthony Higgs
Dark Samus
Rundas
Sylux
Noxus
Weavel
Kanden
Trace
Spire
Ghor
Gandrayda
Mini Kraid
Omega Metroid
Ridley

Hell, if Snake isn't in, Higgs could basically function like a composite character between Samus and Snake, show off Ice Missiles, etc.

Jon Bernthal. lol

Good story!
Did you take a peek?

No, by the time I knew the peeing was done lol. Not that I would have anyway, he couldn't be further removed from my type.

Guys, what's your take on the "outrage" generated by Samus' just revealed costumes? I really can't side with the people finding it shocking or unacceptable when Samus has been able to wear skimpy outfits from day one, back in the original NES game. Plus it's basically an aerobics instructor outfit, I'm really not seeing the huge deal here. I actually feel her original Zero suit is more "sexual" somehow.

Edit: fuq autocorrect.

I think it's a bit dramatic, I personally have no problems with sexy characters, games are fantasy worlds created by people, and people like sexy, good looking people. I remember reading studies a while back stating that even straight men are more likely to hire good looking guys.

Samus can be a strong lead AND a sexy blonde. I don't think skimpy is the right word to describe it though, that word just has negative connotations.

There is definitely sexism in video games, that's why Sakurai mentioned the female developer, the gaming industry dug its own hole and now it has to work to get out of it. I wonder if Nintendo will have Peach kidnapped again after Super Mario 3D World, there's no reason to resort to that again.

Hope you get well soon <3

Just unnecessary .

The whole game is fan service =P

Yup. I had the same surgery 15 years ago. Not easy.. I remember the first steps out of bed like it was yesterday. The surgery leaves you with a train-track incision from the bottom of your sternum down to your pelvis, and you feel pain with every movement.

I'll definitely be chipping-in. :(

Thanks again Tom, really appreciate it. And I'm trying not to freak myself out when it comes to the surgery. Not looking forward to it though

HylianTom

Banned
Thanks again Tom, really appreciate it. And I'm trying not to freak myself out when it comes to the surgery. Not looking forward to it though

The rate of complication was remarkably low back in '99, so I'm guessing it's even better now. And after the first time getting up and out of bed, it gets much better very quickly.

I'm a total wuss, so you're going to handle it fine. :)

The rate of complication was remarkably low back in '99, so I'm guessing it's even better now. And after the first time getting up and out of bed, it gets much better very quickly.

I'm a total wuss, so you're going to handle it fine. :)

Thanks.

The biggest concern for me was the retrograde ejaculation. I just think if I have that, it will mess me with mentally and I'll never feel completely satisfied. While it's such a dumb thing to be concerned about in the grade scheme of things, the doctor told me that those nerves are on the right side and my cancer was on the left, so hopefully there shouldn't be an issue for him to spare the nerves.

HylianTom

Banned
Thanks.

The biggest concern for me was the retrograde ejaculation. I just think if I have that, it will mess me with mentally and I'll never feel completely satisfied. While it's such a dumb thing to be concerned about in the grade scheme of things, the doctor told me that those nerves are on the right side and my cancer was on the left, so hopefully there shouldn't be an issue for him to spare the nerves.

Ahhh.. I remember being worried to death about it! (haven't thought about that for years)

I was so scared of it that it took me a good month before I even considered beating off, just because I was scared to see if everything still worked. And then when I finally did go all the way for the first time post-op, I was happy to the point where I was in tears.

Kater

Banned
Wishing you the best of luck for the operation, kitchenmotors. I think everyone in here will agree when I say that our thought will be with you throughout the procedure of the operation. (Forgot to add that to my post in the other thread so I thought I post it here)
No, by the time I knew the peeing was done lol. Not that I would have anyway, he couldn't be further removed from my type.
Aren't you a face kinda guy? Because he has a rather pretty face, to be honest.
The whole game is fan service =P
It was at first, but I think it has it's own personality now. (Or maybe you have another definition of fanservice in mind, dunno)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom