• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KmA

Ok less lurking more posting this year! This is exciting.

Anyways all you posters are so cute I can't even

Mumei

Hi, guys. Suddenly one of the mods asking whether the LGBThread should be in OT Community makes more sense.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think this thread should get a grace period in OT proper before it gets moved back here just as a recruitment/visibility thing.

(In fact I think this should apply to all Community OTs.)

I think this thread should get a grace period in OT proper before it gets moved back here just as a recruitment/visibility thing.

It was in OT for about an hour.. and I agree with you..

Ok less lurking more posting this year! This is exciting.

Anyways all you posters are so cute I can't even

For reals.. I always thought Roxas was hot.

Mr_Zombie

I think I just presumed because of the nature of the list I quoted it would be referring to some kind of sexual activity.

Haha, I thought it was something sexually related too
(like dipping your glans somewhere or whatever)

Yes I thought tipping was some weird sexual euphemism I'd never heard of. Considering everything else on his list was sex related, it's not hard to go there.

Oh you naughty boys and your dirty minds.

Burbeting

Banned
Returning to posting here with OT4 :D. Almost shameful how little I managed to post in the old one, even though I thought I would become stalker-poster :(.

And yah, come here with the beards.

daripad

Two mods posting here now is scary.

Cosmic Bus, I'm happy for you, you two seem to like each other a lot, so cute

ivysaur12

Banned

Yeah, at least until a Stay is issued!

(I agree. I also think it's a good way to collect some new users who might not come to Community that often)

Natetan

Had a company party last night and pranced around with my bf in front of 1,500 people, nbd.
1mYy4gR.jpg

:3

Aww. I did almost the same pictures with my first guy. The nostalgia feels...

Grizzo

I don't really see what's so special about it?

It caused quite a controversy at the time of the game's release. I don't really see what the big deal is myself, especially since it's not "forced down anyone's throat" (I hate how this phrase gets thrown around a lot these days). It's just a video game, you have the choice to make him go gay, which is not what happens in real life. But yeah, I guess people did blame it on the (nonexistent) gay agenda, and "won't somebody please think of the children", etc, etc.

What? talking to a guy in a bar then having sex 30 minutes later? I thought that was pretty common. Cortez was a slut, he only knew you for like a week and gave it up. Kaidan made you wait for years. True hubby material :p

Ohhhh, we were talking about the scene in itself ! Well yeah then picking up somebody/getting picked up at the bar seems like something pretty common.

Alrus

It caused quite a controversy at the time of the game's release. I don't really see what the big deal is myself, especially since it's not "forced down anyone's throat" (I hate how this phrase gets thrown around a lot these days). It's just a video game, you have the choice to make him go gay, which is not what happens in real life. But yeah, I guess people did blame it on the (nonexistent) gay agenda, and "won't somebody please think of the children", etc, etc.

That's some dumb fox news "controversy" that is forgotten after a week. ME3 wasn't even the first Bioware game with (often awfully written) homosexual relationships. But what I actually meant by my question was what's so special about that particular scene that makes Natetan talk about it like never happens in real life. It looks like a fast tracked version of a regular night out hook up.

What? talking to a guy in a bar then having sex 30 minutes later? I thought that was pretty common. Cortez was a slut, he only knew you for like a week and gave it up. Kaidan made you wait for years. True hubby material :p

I always wanted to date Kaidan as male shep in ME1 (eventually just played a fem shep so I could date him), apparently Bioware kinda chickened out on making gay/bi from the get go, which is a shame.

Natetan

That's some dumb fox news "controversy" that is forgotten after a week. ME3 wasn't even the first Bioware game with (often awfully written) homosexual relationships. But what I actually meant by my question was what's so special about that particular scene that makes Natetan talk about it like never happens in real life. It looks like a fast tracked version of a regular night out hook up.

I always wanted to date Kaidan as male shep in ME1 (eventually just played a fem shep so I could date him), apparently Bioware kinda chickened out on making gay/bi from the get go, which is a shame.

I guess I live in a very different world then all of you.

And I know nothing about that game or it's characters. It came from the good depiction if gay people in games thread but I guess you all have better examples. So go post them
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?p=96359342#post96359342

Alrus

I guess I live in a very different world then all of you.

And I know nothing about that game or it's characters. It came from the good depiction if gay people in games thread but I guess you all have better examples. So go post them
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?p=96359342#post96359342

I didn't mean to come off as abrasive, so if I did I'm sorry. I was just surprised at your reaction because I didn't find what happening in ME3 to be very out of the ordinary as far as homosexual relationship goes in real life. I wasn't dismissing the example at all, and I've read the thread and all the ones I could have posted have already been (because there really isn't many of them), I actually think it's nice to see that kind of characters in a mainstream game such as Mass Effect.

Dany

Banned
True detective, Sherlock, archer, game of thrones, mad men, veep, Hannibal, bates motel.

How can one hold all these shows.

Grizzo

I realized my mistake shortly after posting my reply :( And I pretty much agree with you. That being said, you have to show you're interested and don't act shy in order for this to happen.

True detective, Sherlock, archer, game of thrones, mad men, veep, Hannibal, bates motel.

Was thinking about watching Bates Motel. Do you know if that's any good ?

And I absolutely adore Veep. Julia Louis-Dreyfus is one of my favorite TV actresses.

Bailey 87

YASSSSSSSS I'm rereading the books in anticipation. Also the new season of House of Cards is this year.

What shows are you guys currently watching?

I've started watching Dexter for the first time. Currently at season 3 and really enjoying it.
Before Dexter, I was watching The West Wing, and I swear I was so closed to shedding a tear when it ended, Loved that show. God bless Netflix

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Supernatural, Doctor Who, Sherlock, some weeaboo moe shit.

KmA

I just finished Hannibal my god I can't wait for the next season. I'm just gonna wait until Sherlock and Game of Thrones seasons are over so I can binge them all it once. It's the only way I can watch TV shows.

Son Of D

I promise to post more often in this thread. I kind of forgot to post in the last one D:.

As for what I'm watching at the moment, started Dexter myself recently (just finished Season 1). Then I plan to watch the final series of Breaking Bad, then start Game of Thrones.

Grizzo

YASSSSSSSS I'm rereading the books in anticipation. Also the new season of House of Cards is this year.

I've started watching Dexter for the first time. Currently at season 3 and really enjoying it.
Before Dexter, I was watching The West Wing, and I swear I was so closed to shedding a tear when it ended, Loved that show. God bless Netflix

I'm currently on a Friday Night Lights-watching spree (only two episodes of the whole series left though). Just discovered Ground Floor. It's a cute enough show. And I recently started watching The Wire. It's confusing, but I'm getting the hang of it.

Otherwise, my taste range from comedy shows (old Simpsons episodes, Futurama, Married With Children, Parks & Recreations, Happy Endings, Seinfeld, Louie...) to current big TV dramas (Scandal, Parenthood, Rectify, Orange Is The New Black, Justified, The Walking Dead...).

Oh I'm also a sucker for American Horror Story even though I know it's crap and camp.

Dany

Banned
I realized my mistake shortly after posting my reply :( And I pretty much agree with you. That being said, you have to show you're interested and don't act shy in order for this to happen.

And I absolutely adore Veep. Julia Louis-Dreyfus is one of my favorite TV actresses.
Yeah! Bates motel is fun, surreal and dark. The show is just a blast to watch. The characters and actors are all fantastic in making scenes Ackward and terrifying.

And I somehow forgot to mention house of cards! Woops :p

bates motel. so cheesy so good.

Otherwise, my taste range from comedy shows (old Simpsons episodes, Futurama, Married With Children, Parks & Recreations, Happy Endings, Seinfeld, Louie...) to current big TV dramas (Scandal, Parenthood, Rectify, Orange Is The New Black, Justified, The Walking Dead...).
Metal_Gear_-_Big_Boss_Salute_(Metal_Gear_Solid_3_Snake_Eater).gif

Anyone else excited for Looking on HBO?

RM8

Tipping is not required in Mexico. I rarely do it. Some restaurants sneakily will ask if you want them to charge tipping with your credit/debit card, which totally defeats the purpose IMO.

YAY new thread. Maybe I'll actually post in this one... Nah lurking is more fun :p

I might as well get the talking points out the way.

Twinks>>>>>Bears
Smooth>>>>Beards
Uncut>>>>>Cut
No Tipping>>>>>Tipping

Bow to my flawless tastes

Here is a pic of me and my baby, holding a baby :p
it's not our baby
I am willing to bow to your flawless tastes.

While television shows are being discussed, I would highly recommend everybody to watch Hannibal. It may not be the best programme on television, but it's one of the most promising 'new' shows and it needs all of the viewers it can get. The first few episodes may serve as a bit of an impediment, but it significantly improves as time moves on (which isn't to say the initial episodes are bad, it just seems to improve as the nightmarish, oppressive tone heightens). It really captures the atmosphere of Silence of the Lambs marvellously well.

EDIT:
I just finished Hannibal my god I can't wait for the next season. I'm just gonna wait until Sherlock and Game of Thrones seasons are over so I can binge them all it once. It's the only way I can watch TV shows.

It certainly has its advantages but sometimes in can work against the show I feel. I don't know if you have noticed it, or if it is simply a personal thing, but sometimes it almost trivialises the passage of time within a series. For some shows it works for the show (24 an obvious example, despite the mid-week speculation being highly entertaining) but other times it makes it seem like the episodes happen 'too fast'. Maybe it's just an odd personal thing though.

ZeroFate

This thread is automatically awesome for the PD mentions. I usually take pride in my excellent 'dar but I seriously had no idea Lee Pace was family. He's adorable!

I always post once in these threads and lurk the rest of the time. I'm gonna try to change that with OT4. >.>

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Sagi, where is my pie chart? I already know I was #3 and Danny M was right where he should be
several places below me
but I need to see it in pie form!

I didn't want to be creepy, so I didn't take any photos.

Psh, if they didn't want to by ogled by creepy guys, they wouldn't have dressed up like that in the first place!

Don't forget LOOKING - Jan 19 @ 10:30/9:30c only on HBO! It's about gay people! We all have an obligation to watch it!!

Too many

I'm also watching Battlestar Galactica for the first time. I'm watching two episodes per day (although I usually want to watch more than that, I just don't have the time) and the last one I finished was S1E6.
Starbuck had to eject herself out of her flaming ship and is currently in a freefall above an unknown planet's surface!! :O

Anyone else excited for Looking on HBO?

Yaass

I always post once in these threads and lurk the rest of the time. I'm gonna try to change that with OT4. >.>

Welcome!

KmA

It certainly has its advantages but sometimes in can work against the show I feel. I don't know if you have noticed it, or if it is simply a personal thing, but sometimes it almost trivialises the passage of time within a series. For some shows it works for the show (24 an obvious example, despite the mid-week speculation being highly entertaining) but other times it makes it seem like the episodes happen 'too fast'. Maybe it's just an odd personal thing though.

Hmmmm I don't know every time I don't binge a show I feel like I forget a lot of important things and forget who some people are if they don't return to the show for a while. I get what you're saying though. Plus after a really great episode like *Game of Thrones Spoilers*
the red wedding episode
i get this uber high that can only be fulfilled by continuing the series. I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that I'm impatient.

Hmmmm I don't know every time I don't binge a show I feel like I forget a lot of important things and forget who some people are if they don't return to the show for a while. I get what you're saying though. Plus after a really great episode like *Game of Thrones Spoilers*
the red wedding episode
i get this uber high that can only be fulfilled by continuing the series. I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that I'm impatient.

Oh I'd completely forgotten about that aspect. I can't even imagine what watching The Wire week-by-week with large breaks in between the seasons would have been like.

Son Of D

Twinks>>>>>Bears
Smooth>>>>Beards
Uncut>>>>>Cut
No Tipping>>>>>Tipping

Bow to my flawless tastes

I missed this one. I agree on all counts there (especially the second). I especially hate beards on myself, makes me look much older than I really am. Plus they get messy :(.

RM8

Beards work on some people, not on other. This idea that they always make everyone look better is just not true. Also, if you don't know how to take care of it, it will actually make you look much worse.

Can someone confirm / deny the existence of pool tables at gay bars? I'm jonesing for billiards but don't want to play with straight people.

I'm over beards. I feel like the recent widespread surge in enthusiasm has dampened them like the whole bacon thing from a while ago.

Alrus

Beard works on some people, doesn't on others.... Like pretty much everything when it comes to looks. Although I must say I enjoy it greatly when my bf grows even a tiny one, I like rubbing my face against it and stuff >.> It almost never happens because he has to shave for work (or he feel he has to, I don't really know)

Can someone confirm / deny the existence of pool tables at gay bars? I'm jonesing for billiards but don't want to play with straight people.

That should probably exist somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom